Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10512735 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12783) (12784) (12785) (12786) (12787) (12788) (12789) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:23am On Nov 17, 2021
Rohr has to go. Man has reached his ceiling. He can't go higher than what he is doing right now.

How can a team not be able to string 5 to 6 passes together from defence to attack? Haba...

We don't have the best players playing for the best clubs in Europe but we have seen coaches transform average players to winners.

I don't care who replace him, but Rohr has to go.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 8:01am On Nov 17, 2021
Ibime:

Rohr has achieved my expectations of qualifying for every tournament and getting to AFCON semi each time.

I couldn't care about all that talk about promising players because we had promising players when we failed to qualify for 2006 World Cup, 2011 AFCON, 2015 AFCON and 2017 AFCON before Rohr

You must have short memory to miss 3 out of 4 AFCONs before Rohr, then act like Rohr is the one holding you back when he has delivered every time. Disgraceful. Nigeria never missed AFCON in my lifetime and always made semifinal since I was born (except 2004 quarters) before these so called local coaches started failing to even qualify.

Rohr has stabilised our defence and brought professionalism to our backline, unlike before where we would be seeing Furo Iyenemi and all sorts of barely professional players in our defence playing like semi-professional defenders. For the first time, we have foreign raised players wanting to play consistently for Nigeria over many years because they know there is consistency and merit in the selection process unlike before when they know they can lose their place at any time to a Plateau United player or an expired old pro who paid bribe to take their spot. Now we have good talents like Joe Aribo, Ola Aina etc commiting to Nigeria full-time.

Speaking of talent, we are nowhere near the most talented in Africa. Senegal have by far the best team on paper and Ivory Coast and Algeria have better names on paper, while we are on par with Morocco, Egypt and Cameroon

you are intelligent!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:01am On Nov 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

No be only him o, dem plenty well well; people wey go need tell us say the live video we watch that day na edited and our head no correct to believe the words of those at the scene of the incident over the words of the lieing goverment.

You left out ibime
He said we are been emotional about it

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:03am On Nov 17, 2021
What's this new play offs Africa will be playing to qualify for WC
Now I fear for our chances angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 8:12am On Nov 17, 2021
Ibime:

Rohr has achieved my expectations of qualifying for every tournament and getting to AFCON semi each time.

I couldn't care about all that talk about promising players because we had promising players when we failed to qualify for 2006 World Cup, 2011 AFCON, 2015 AFCON and 2017 AFCON before Rohr

You must have short memory to miss 3 out of 4 AFCONs before Rohr, then act like Rohr is the one holding you back when he has delivered every time. Disgraceful. Nigeria never missed AFCON in my lifetime and always made semifinal since I was born (except 2004 quarters) before these so called local coaches started failing to even qualify.

Rohr has stabilised our defence and brought professionalism to our backline, unlike before where we would be seeing Furo Iyenemi and all sorts of barely professional players in our defence playing like semi-professional defenders. For the first time, we have foreign raised players wanting to play consistently for Nigeria over many years because they know there is consistency and merit in the selection process unlike before when they know they can lose their place at any time to a Plateau United player or an expired old pro who paid bribe to take their spot. Now we have good talents like Joe Aribo, Ola Aina etc commiting to Nigeria full-time.

Speaking of talent, we are nowhere near the most talented in Africa. Senegal have by far the best team on paper and Ivory Coast and Algeria have better names on paper, while we are on par with Morocco, Egypt and Cameroon

In terms of talent we are better than Egypt and Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:29am On Nov 17, 2021
I Except Eruditor to be back since Golden State Warriors is doing well in the NBA .....Let me go check the Nba thread, any new moniker supporting GSW has to be him. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 8:30am On Nov 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

You left out ibime
He said we are been emotional about it

Ibime's case was undertsnadable. He's been out of the country for a while now and he possible can't relate relate to the situation of things on ground. If my memory serves me right, I remember he was likening the situation at lekki to his school inter-house sport in 1995 that happened in PH when naija was under the military rule and brute force was the only way for law enforcement to get things done.

Somehow he acknowledged that maybe between 2 to 12 people died.......He was more reasonable than those people asking us to go about looking for dead bodies, asking us for families of the deceased and even those that justified the shootings.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 8:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Ibime:

Boss you have said it all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:45am On Nov 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

[s]I know it pains you till date that you were not smart enough to attend a school that you can be proud to mention in public because UME is required to enter unlike you wey take backdoor jumpology list enter school

I can say I went to one of the best schools in Nigeria and studied one of the hardest courses there. I didn't spend time playing football all over the country while my mates are in class

Thats why you cannot differentiate the contextual meaning of equal and equivalent[/s]

Show me the definition of the word, Equivalent, in your own Oxford Ogbomosho dictionary and save us these hundreds of inconsequential words that keep exposing you as a nincompoop that got 3rd class from OAU.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2021
Android17:
I am not sure that report is a hill you want to die on. I don't know if you have studied it thoroughly but people are picking it apart easily.

Sorry, you are ignorant of why i called those i mentioned out. Just watch from the stands.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2021
timbros:
Rohr

I don't care who replace him, but Rohr has to go.

The exact sentiments which ushered in Sunday Oliseh, and we all know how it ended.

Rohr has been reported to have list of players he has to pick from due to some influential lobby groups within the NFF. He's been reported to be owed at times or splitting his take-home package. Nothing has been done about these allegations or rumours. And he barely complains.

No top-tier coach would want to work under such conditions. Rohr is the best we can get given those conditions.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2021
BikeMan:
When Apari leaves City to manage a National team, would you still stick to this? grin

Raumdeuter will start giving us another definition of the word 'do' in '........do national team'. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:23am On Nov 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

No be only him o, dem plenty well well; people wey go need tell us say the live video we watch that day na edited and our head no correct to believe the words of those at the scene of the incident over the words of the lieing goverment.

Guy dont you ever quote me again on this issue. There is massacre oya go and start salivating on it. If you have a scores to settle with anyone leave me alone.
When you guys started with listing fews people that are alive as dead and start quoting ridiculous inconsistent numbers, you expect me or any critical thinker to believe you completely without any concrete evidence, then you must be joking.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2021
MorataFC:
we just pray for a favorable pairing for our play off, because what i watch this evening was a shambolic display from SE, ordinary Cape Verde.
I tell you. Our display na big eye sore.

When is the date for playoff pairings sef?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:01am On Nov 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

Remove Osimehn and Ndidi from our team, how are we different from them?

We have Ighalo playing in Saudi and we are laughing at them for having players in Dubai
We have Collins in Division 2 and we are making fun of their division 2
We have players in Scotland and are looking down on players from ireland

Yes our players are better than them overall, but the gap is not that wide. Gone are the 1990s days we will have these caliber of players and Cape Verde will be filled with home based players who never play for synthetic pitch before

Nowadays the gap is not that wide

Look at our bench Abulahi is playing in Cyprus
Well, I agree with you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:06am On Nov 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

U need to understand his point here which I quite agree with; most of our players considering the clubs they play and how frequent they get to feature in top matches are not really superior to Cape Verde's.

Cape Verde have players playing in Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Cyprus etc. Super eagles have players in Germany division 2, Netherlands, Scotland, France, Saudi, Turkey etc.....players like Ìwobi that plays in England is even a bench warmer that is surplus to requirement at his club but commands starting shirt in the national team.

What he is saying is most super eagles fans are far away from reality thinking we are some 4cking Senegal that has Mane of Loserpool, Mendy that is Chelsea's number one, Koulibaily, Idrissa Gueye, Kouyate, etc...... These aforementioned players are the kind of players the super eagles used to parade in the past, but what we have now are bench warmers at their clubs strolling into the team, old and finished players like Ighalo retiring and coming back into the squad from Saudi, etc.

We may not be at par with those Cape Verde players, but our players are not significantly superior to theirs considering the clubs they all play for and how important they are to their respective clubs' dreams and aspirations.
Okay.. I get the point now. It's how we manage to recall both ighalo and still using Musa that's the biggest surprise for me..
But I now understand your point and where Dayo is coming from.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Silence everywhere now.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2021
hensben:
grin Yes English is not my first language. Any problem with that. You goofed baba, make we talk true.

Raumdeuter is a disgrace, even his Ogbomosho people will disown him for bringing ignominy to them because of this. Disgusting. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2021
airmark:
Larride, how you dey bro? Can we reopen our Lekki killings' argument anytime you are free? Not forgetting those that claimed people only injured from bullets that fell from 'heaven'. grin

Good morning.

I really do not want to comment on the report until at least we hear from the Governor. The report (pdf file) making the round on Twitter had no signature of the panelist member. You and I both know an unsigned document is not an official document.

Nevertheless If that is the original report then Sanwo-Olu and the LASG need to ask for refund of taxpayer money wasted as sitting allowance of that panel as the report was filled with hearsay, blatant lies and trying to middle up the waters.

Out of the 9 that they listed as deceased,

1. Kolade Johnson Salami. He was killed by a stray bullet from SARS operative while watching ball in a viewing center in on 31st March 2019.

How did Kolade that died at a viewing centre in 2019 suddenly listed as being killed at LTG a year later?

2. Folorunsho Olabisi. She was claimed to have been shot by the army and left to died and the corpse was deposited at St Nicholas Hospital at Lekki. The hospital management denied that same day on Oct 21 2020 that no one bearing Folorunsho Olabisi was brought to their hospital and that they have no morgue where they keep corpse.

3. Nathaniel Solomon. Nathaniel gave an interview to punch September of this year saying he almost fainted when he saw lifeless body of someone shot. The report listed the same Nathaniel Solomon as deceased. How can someone that gave an interview 2 months ago died over a year.

4. Nnatah Stanley Chimezie. This guy used his own mouth to say he was hit by a stray bullet from at police at Shomolu. How come he was listed as one of those shot at LTG?

Then you have some names like Jide, Tola, Wisdom who are reported as deceased with no last names. An absolute joke.

If you read through the supposed report, you will just be laughing. Even someone like hensbrain will write a more compelling report.

Finally, I think those that want to die on the hill of a massacred that happened without no evidence were trying to preempt the report of the panel so as to use it to discredit whatever the government will release later.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:27am On Nov 17, 2021
timbros:

Don't insult Westerhof by mentioning Rohr in the same sentence with him angry

Pre 1994, everyone can see the improvement in Super Eagles play. The player exports to Belgium and France was thanks to Westerhof. The football was pleasing to the eye.

What significant improvement have Rohr made since 2016 he came on board? You can only point to the fact that Rohr qualify us to tournaments nowadays "without using calculator", but ask yourself, is that how low we have gone? To celebrate qualifiers? Haba...

Super Eagle have absolutely no identity since Rohr. What is his style of play? What is his philosophy? Recently he started playing 3 at the back and I laugh. Because 3 at the back is kind of the in thing now, Rohr have joined the train. Man doesn't have a defined pattern of play.

I was so disappointed Cape Verde didn't do a Serbia on us yesterday angry angry

What's the use of qualifying to third round only to get disgraced by Senegal, Algeria and co?

Have you checked Senegal and Algeria squad. Senegal have World Class players in almost every position from Goalkeeper to forwards. Algeria also have them French league ballers aplenty

All I know is before Rohr, we failed to qualify for 3 out of 4 AFCONS. Rohr has had the best run of any coach in 2 decades. Only a Mahrez freekick and some extremely poor refereeing against Argentina seperates him from our best results ever. Take it or leave it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShadowWalker00(m): 10:31am On Nov 17, 2021
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Ibime:

What is on the curriculum, let us be forewarned
It is a TV series actually. I don't think it should be that "intense". The show is trying to destigmatize sex for teenagers, advanced sex education curriculum, gender spectrum ish. Basically left wing agenda Sha. It is a very liberal approach even for the west so no doubt conservative Africans would have problem with the actions of the students in the show.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Ibime:

Have you checked Senegal and Algeria squad. Senegal have World Class players in almost every position from Goalkeeper to forwards. Algeria also have them French league ballers aplenty

All I know is before Rohr, we failed to qualify for 3 out of 4 AFCONS. Rohr has had the best run of any coach in 2 decades. Only a Mahrez freekick and some extremely poor refereeing against Argentina seperates him from our best results ever. Take it or leave it.
You are right though. I don’t fancy our indigenous coaches, they are easily bribed to play their friend’s favorite and lack motivation.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:34am On Nov 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Una wey dey stay awake to watch the war disguised as football match going on in that south American continent dey try o. The trauma of the copa America final still lives rent-free in my head.

Omo, match be like royal rumble. It seems South Americans are born with pace and fearlessness in abundance. See the way everybody was running at break-neck speed, lunging into tackles.

I believe any technically sound player that can cope or excel in such conditions, will most likely excel anywhere else in the world. Cos it doesn't get any more frenetic that that. At least ion think so.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Una wey dey stay awake to watch the war disguised as football match going on in that south American continent dey try o. The trauma of the copa America final still lives rent-free in my head.
Omo mehn, I come dey wonder if na rugby game I dey see.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
Key components of our attack

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
larride:

Good morning.

I really do not want to comment on the report until at least we hear from the Governor. The report (pdf file) making the round on Twitter had no signature of the panelist member. You and I both know an unsigned document is not an official document.

Nevertheless If that is the original report then Sanwo-Olu and the LASG need to ask for refund of taxpayer money wasted as sitting allowance of that panel as the report was filled with hearsay, blatant lies and trying to middle up the waters.

Out of the 9 that they listed as deceased,

1. Kolade Johnson Salami. He was killed by a stray bullet from SARS operative while watching ball in a viewing center in on 31st March 2019.

How did Kolade that died at a viewing centre in 2019 suddenly listed as being killed at LTG a year later?

2. Folorunsho Olabisi. She was claimed to have been shot by the army and left to died and the corpse was deposited at St Nicholas Hospital at Lekki. The hospital management denied that same day on Oct 21 2020 that no one bearing Folorunsho Olabisi was brought to their hospital and that they have no morgue where they keep corpse.

3. Nathaniel Solomon. Nathaniel gave an interview to punch September of this year saying he almost fainted when he saw lifeless body of someone shot. The report listed the same Nathaniel Solomon as deceased. How can someone that gave an interview 2 months ago died over a year.

4. Nnatah Stanley Chimezie. This guy used his own mouth to say he was hit by a stray bullet from at police at Shomolu. How come he was listed as one of those shot at LTG?

Then you have some names like Jide, Tola, Wisdom who are reported as deceased with no last names. An absolute joke.

If you read through the supposed report, you will just be laughing. Even someone like hensbrain will write a more compelling report.

Finally, I think those that want to die on the hill of a massacred that happened without no evidence were trying to preempt the report of the panel so as to use it to discredit whatever the government will release later.
I tried to warn him that that report is not a hill he will want to call people out on. Nigerians and being emotional about everything. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
BlueMann:
Key components of our attack
King james cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
Larride threw shots at hensbrain

cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ibime:

Rohr has spoilt us. We have forgotten how we used to rely on Laplace transform every final day of qualifiers so quickly. Anytime I hear these complaints I just laugh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2021
By the way, equivalent and equal are not the same. "Equal in value" is not also the same as equal. A Brigadier in Cameroon is equal to a Brigadier in Nigeria because they are the same rank as far as the army is concerned. However, a Brigadier is equivalent to a Commodore in the Navy. They have the same value (both 1-star generals) but one rank is for a different armed force and the other for another.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
drisham:

King james cool

Man wey sabi!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12783) (12784) (12785) (12786) (12787) (12788) (12789) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DammyOlu123(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.