Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10752899 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12848) (12849) (12850) (12851) (12852) (12853) (12854) ... (19432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
BlueRayDick:

They could’ve kept one of the three CB’s for emergency Na

Point me to any team that leaves a tall man CB for emergency during corner grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
God only...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kantebets:
Fixed match
Una dey give una sef headache
na type of u scammers dey scam
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
MorataFC:
na type of u scammers dey scam
okay
I hear
E be like say u jst start to dey watch football recently
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2021
popizaino:

Point me to any team that leaves a tall man CB for emergency during corner grin grin grin

I don’t know what u on and about , but in a normal team that plays 2 CB’s , both CB’s will go for the set piece happening in the opponent’s half while Full backs (LB and RB) who are renowned for their speed will stay at the back to cover for any counter.

For Chelsea that parades 3 CB’s , allowing the 3 CB’s to go forward for a set piece and allowing a slow DM to cover for them is not a wise decision .

That’s what my initial post was all about. The agenda u are talking about I don’t get it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
Our corners today were just mehhh.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ibime would have become a billionaire if mentions he receives tonight can be monetized grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
izzou:
I am happy with the draw. Was never confident of a victory, because we always accord so much respect to the Scummites.

Make we just dey deal with the smaller teams, and try not to lose to the big names like we did today.

Na we get this league cool

This was why I was also skeptical, but I think I like the performance today, no too much of that respect, our only issue was that certain players didn't really turn up well most especially RLC.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShadowWalker00(m): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
macjireh:

we missed chilwell tonight,, it was very clear...

another tin was dat we had to use new players who have not been playing to play against a prepared team making us d learners instead of d masters.... d team dat started against Juve would have done better if fully fit
One of my main worries about Alonso coming into the team was fluidity and combinations down that left-hand side. Alonso and CHO had no connection or output down that side.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
RLC for all his physicality & stature should learn that as a midfielder, you are not required to hold on to the ball for so long.
He should learn to make quick passes and learn to always spot the runs of his teammates before releasing passes that usually end up in an opponents leg.

This is a draw that we scarcely deserve.
We played with no cohesion & intent and our coach didn't make the necessary substitution early enough.
I am so pissed right now

Thank you for this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
popizaino:

That guy is the most useless player I have seen in my life .
I’m done rating him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
popizaino:

This was why I was also skeptical, but I think I like the performance today, no too much of that respect, our only issue was that certain players didn't really turn up well most especially RLC.

Quite true.

Another pattern I would love TT to drill into the team is to score early. Most times, it destabilizes the opponent.

If we had buried 2 goals by half time, United wouldn't even have the guts to come forward. They would spend more time thinking of how to stop consuming more.

We move. I hope we rake in at least 21 points from the next 8 games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
popizaino:

We played well, but our attackers messed up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
izzou:

Quite true.

Another pattern I would love TT to drill into the team is to score early. Most times, it destabilizes the opponent.

If we had buried 2 goals by half time, United wouldn't even have the guts to come forward. They would spend more time thinking of how to stop consuming more.

We move. I hope we rake in at least 21 points from the next 8 games
We should clear them all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
donstan18:

We should clear them all.

Some of these small teams dey become uchu sometimes grin

I pray so too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I don’t know what u on and about , but in a normal team that plays 2 CB’s , both CB’s will go for the set piece happening in the opponent’s half while Full backs (LB and RB) who are renowned for their speed will stay at the back to cover for any counter.

For Chelsea that parades 3 CB’s , allowing the 3 CB’s to go forward for a set piece and allowing a slow DM to cover for them is not a wise decision .

That’s what my initial post was all about. The agenda u are talking about I don’t get it.

Good point though but you can't blame us for having all three CB in the opponent box during corner because all three were equally a threat from set pieces and tall. The players who are usually the last men during corner kicks are azpiculeta and kante and none of them were on the pitch today and the closest to them in height was jorginho and that's why he was there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
izzou:

Some of these small teams dey become uchu sometimes grin

I pray so too
We’ve passed that level of getting fvcked by small teams.

Our only problem Na this injury matters
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
donstan18:

We’ve passed that level of getting fvcked by small teams.

Our only problem Na this injury matters

I don't think any team gets past this level.

Upsets spring up once in a while. We should be prepared for that too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
donstan18:

We played well, but our attackers messed up.
oboi,,we played well but united came with a clear game plan and it worked perfectly... those corners were not ordinary it was planned
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
The loss draw will pain till next weekend. May God punish ziyech, odoi and werner. This is why I was clamouring for Kennedy during the summer, ziyech will never amount to anything good, ziyech performance all seems bareable till it happened in the knockout stages of UCL were every match and performance counts, that when you know how bad this ziyech can be.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
I feel bad about the result, but not necessarily about the team performance. Football is usually about emotions and expectations. Many Chelsea fans were dead-on sure about us winning man-u seeing our form and theirs, but in my mind, it was a 60-40 match. Matches like this are rarely about form. It's about slim margins.

History has also shown us to perform best in big matches like this when we are underdogs or have even chances, rarely ever when we are presumed superior. And that is ironically why we usually find it hard to beat man-u or arsenal recently.

They usually come into our matches as slight underdogs and dig in their heels and end up snatching points here and there with rare moments of individual brilliance or opponents error, Something which we, normally do to the likes of mancity or Barca etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Our UCL performance is getting better day by day, I think we should build on that mentality when we face the "suppose" big team in EPL cool

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
Unto the individual performances.
Again, collectively we played very well but some individuals within that group were found wanting severally. I'm hoping tuchel fixes these kinks in the system. The injuries though haven't helped at all. We had no CM on the bench so our hands were tied or forced.
The team chemistry and the momentum we were gaining from the last few matches were slowed down by the injuries to kante and chillwell. Crucial players to our system. Kante has been hugely affecting our game play through the middle while chillwell had began to gain an understanding and connection with odoi and rudiger on the left channel.

Alonso didn't do himself much favors today with our attacking phases, I truly hope he adapts in the subsequent matches.
And I don't understand the idea of him taking setpiece, he is one of our top 3 tallest players who is supposed to add to our aerial threats in set pieces. If not as a scorer in the box, as a comprehensive decoy for the more dangerous nodders in the box. He certainly shouldn't be taking them, not even as if he was very good at them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
ShadowWalker00:

One of my main worries about Alonso coming into the team was fluidity and combinations down that left-hand side. Alonso and CHO had no connection or output down that side.

Look, I'll be honest with you. I like CHO. Thought he showed promise coming out of the academy.

But the guy doesnt seem to give himself that extra push. Way too pedestrian, lacking motivation and doesn't wanna take risks.

I've never seen a winger who avoids taking on opponents as much as he does. I dont know if its the effect of the ACL injury, but we cant continue with him playing this way.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
donjazet:
I feel bad about the result, but not necessarily about the team performance. Football is usually about emotions and expectations. Many Chelsea fans were dead-on sure about us winning man-u seeing our form and theirs, but in my mind, it was a 60-40 match. Matches like this are rarely about form. It's about slim margins.

History has also shown us to perform best in big matches like this when we are underdogs or have even chances, rarely ever when we are presumed superior. And that is ironically why we usually find it hard to beat man-u or arsenal recently.

They usually come into our matches as slight underdogs and dig in their heels and end up snatching points here and there with rare moments of individual brilliance or opponents error, Something which we, normally do to mancity or Barca etc.
Odoi bleeped up big time, there was a one touch quick pass he would have given to werner in the second minutes of the game, but he chose to Odoiing the ball angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
I'm impressed with how we totally dominated man-u for very large phases of the game. Mendy had absolutely nothing to do for the first 40 minutes of the match. And we really had crucial chances which we should have buried. We are way too wasteful.

I'm fucking pissed with Werner. I have been hoping ssince,that this player would grow into his role, but after 2 years with us, nothing suggests to me that Werner is a natural striker. His shots are very weak for a striker, lacks technique, I have never seen him curve the ball when shooting. It's always direct. I think we have to do away with him, his cons heavily outweigh his pros. See that shot he had inside the box from that corner, see how wide he shot the ball, at least put in on target and make the keeper pull a save. What good is a striker who fits well Into a tactical system but wouldn't actually do the primary Job of finishing

I'm beginning to think we are truly cursed with this striker ish. Why do all our players who play as a top 9 struggle to score goals for us?? With the amount of chances per game we've been having this last few years, our attackers are supposed to be posting large numbers but we end up struggling badly to finish games off. And we need to solve this if we want to win the league.

Lastly, jorginho did a very good job in that middle, I was scared of that jam packed middle but we really did control the game firmly bar his stupid mistake.
But again, that's what it is, a MISTAKE. One which we rarely ever make which is very admirable for a counter pressing team. Just like Mendy's mistake in passing that ball to our opponents. If you watch our matches recently, you actually see that we've been making a lot of those risky passes, it's very essential to our system, to keep the ball moving quickly and rarely passing back unless absolutely absolutely needed.
Our players are trained to receive the ball on the half-turn and have an awareness of the teammates around them before they've even received the pass. Jorginho was trying to read the players around him before the ball dropped but was too slow in doing that. This is something we've done severally within games and pulled off well.
It's one of those situations where something that is done well severally fails. It's very rare and an aberration. I doubt this would happen in a very long time again.

Anyways, unto the next, it's now crucial that we win our next 5 matches if we really want to win this league, there is literally no room for error again for us. Win our next 5 matches and build a lead or drop points and fall behind. I certainly hope we don't repeat the errors of the last 4 years. I hope we come out in January as the champions in waiting. #KeepBelieving.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
donstan18:
Werner need to be evicted from Chelsea
His leg is faster than his brain. Sell him and get Chiesa. Let lukaku and Havertz become our main number 9.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
How many wingers in the league can confidently beat wan-bisaka in a 1v1 situation, you guys should cut Odoi some slack undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
popizaino:
The loss draw will pain till next weekend. May God punish ziyech, odoi and werner. This is why I was clamouring for Kennedy during the summer, ziyech will never amount to anything good, ziyech performance all seems bareable till it happened in the knockout stages of UCL were every match and performance counts, that when you know how bad this ziyech can be.
Zyech is good as a sub. Havertz Pulisic and Mount ought to have started the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Maximilan:
How many wingers in the league can confidently beat wan-bisaka in a 1v1 situation, you guys should cut Odoi some slack undecided undecided
Wtf??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Maximilan:
..did he even try once to dribble bisaka

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
Odoi and RLC are still playing academy type of football. Do they go back and watch themselves especially loftus, why hold on to the ball for too long? All he wants to do is dribble all day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12848) (12849) (12850) (12851) (12852) (12853) (12854) ... (19432) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rrkk(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.