Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10737163 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12931) (12932) (12933) (12934) (12935) (12936) (12937) ... (19401) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
CapitalCee:

Being a Bus driver in London for a former super Falcon player is not a bad thing. Lets stop this cry baby attitude
for her level of success? it's a failure, you know friends that had equal opportunities like yourself, if at a certain age financial differences stretches you guys apart, you have failed, let's stop sugar coating it abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Havertz10:
You have fame and access to money and still yet, you don't invest and plan for tomorrow cheesy

The issues that trouble me today are issues that will escalate in the future, now has already arrived, if you planned poorly, it's playing out like expected

Nobody owes me anything, family can only support, you have to use your opportunities to build your life, there are no excuses, nobody held you back but yourself, if your life ages poorly

it's all your fault, look into the mirror and hail your pathetic self

But she really doesn't. Not in our society. That's what I'm pointing out.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
donjazet:
Things you see and weep for this country.

Nothing wrong there. 99.9% of women footballers do not make enough to retire after playing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
grin

We'll never weep alone.... LMFAO

Honestly I do not see anything wrong in it. At least she's not riding Keke on Lagos Street.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
donjazet:

But she really doesn't. Not in our society. That's what I'm pointing out.
try and research her, there is reason her name is in the news, she was largely known in that community, somebody that played in Europe for 11 years, why didn't return to school, or learn a course part time, did anybody hold her back?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Havertz10:
You have fame and access to money and still yet, you don't invest and plan for tomorrow cheesy

The issues that trouble me today are issues that will escalate in the future, now has already arrived, if you planned poorly, it's playing out like expected

Nobody owes me anything, family can only support, you have to use your opportunities to build your life, there are no excuses, nobody held you back but yourself, if your life ages poorly

Does this particular lady even have fame? How many people on this thread have heard of her before this image surfaced. If she meets you at a restaurant, how many people will look up and recognize her?

Truth is the life of a celebrity(Music, movie and sports etc) are deceptive. Only a very few of them make enough to sustain themselves for life, We see them in the limelight and assume they are doing great, Because of the exposure they are also forced to live up to certain lifestyles which is not sustainable
In recent years, I have seen many of our so called celebrities bail out from Nigeria and live regular lives abroad

I will even say Its better to have a steady career than to blow for 5yrs and crash afterwards. By age 50, A regular guy who started working in Zenith Bank at 25yrs become a manager has a comfortable house in City, Village and god cars plus his kids travel abroad and can live a better life than most 45yr old ex musician, athlete, movie star who blew for just 5yrs and crashed afterwards. Think of the stars who were reigning in 2005-2010, where are most of them now? Azadus, Wande Coal, 2shots, Lord of AJasa, Think of the thousands of footballers who came into limelight in Nigeria around that time(Mikel set of 2005 U-21, Olympics 2008, Stanley Okoros set, Patience Ozokwors son set etc, probably about 20 can still live at the top comfortably now

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Havertz10:

This is a very selfish and individualistic point of view.
You are trying to make it seem like everyone in life has equal access to opportunity and everyone who failed did so for lack of trying.
There are people who lack access to capital or education. Or those who have lived in a rural society all their lives and know nothing outside of this and are only able to live their entire lives in the small bubble of poverty.

You cannot and should not use one lens to judge everyone. All fingers are literally not equal.

I'm still in touch with a former secondary school mate who couldn't continue his education because his parents both died. And there was deep historical animosity in the family with his extended relatives. So no one ever helped him. He literally feeds from hand to mouth, doing menial jobs like masonry, bricklaying and the rest. He's in an absolute scrawny condition with no one to help. And not for lack of effort.
You really can't use one brush to paint all

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

Does this particular lady even have fame? How many people on this thread have heard of her before this image surfaced. If she meets you at a restaurant, how many people will look up and recognize her?

Truth is the life of a celebrity(Music, movie and sports etc) are deceptive. Only a very few of them make enough to sustain themselves for life, We see them in the limelight and assume they are doing great, Because of the exposure they are also forced to live up to certain lifestyles which is not sustainable
In recent years, I have seen many of our so called celebrities bail out from Nigeria and live regular lives abroad

I will even say Its better to have a steady career than to blow for 5yrs and crash afterwards. By age 50, A regular guy who started working in Zenith Bank at 25yrs become a manager has a comfortable house in City, Village and god cars plus his kids travel abroad and can live a better life than most 45yr old ex musician, athlete, movie star who blew for just 5yrs and crashed afterwards. Think of the stars who were reigning in 2005-2010, where are most of them now? Azadus, Wande Coal, 2shots, Lord of AJasa, Think of the thousands of footballers who came into limelight in Nigeria around that time(Mikel set of 2005 U-21, Olympics 2008, Stanley Okoros set, Patience Ozokwors son set etc, probably about 20 can still live at the top comfortably now

She played in Finland for 11 years. So she didn't make any money while playing in Finland? It's not everything we gonna blame on Government.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
Capaldi:

Frenkie Dejong is on Barca transfer list . We should go all out for him this Winter and summer window.
But he has flopped na

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mind you, I'm not just blaming the government, I'm blaming our country and society as a whole that has been unable to rise above it's mediocrity in almost all aspects of life. I'm yearning for us to begin to measure up to the bigger societies.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
donjazet:

You are trying to make it seem like everyone in life has equal access to opportunity and everyone who failed did so for lack of trying.
There are people who lack access to capital or education. Or those who have lived in a rural society all their lives and know nothing outside of this and are only able to live their entire lives in the small bubble of poverty.

You cannot and should not use one lens to judge everyone. All fingers are literally not equal.

I'm still in touch with a former secondary school mate who couldn't continue his education because his parents both died. And there was deep historical animosity in the family with his extended relatives. So no one ever helped him. He literally feeds from hand to mouth, doing menial jobs like masonry, bricklaying and the rest. He's in an absolute scrawny condition with no one to help.
here we go again, irrespective of your social placement, there are opportunities, people sell pure water to hustle in their teens and such motivation connected them to individuals that upgrades their status

That your friend has or will eventually call you begging for aid if you have more than him, at first you will try, eventually you will get fed up

financial dependency only works with family in Nigeria to an extent, everybody is hustling, don't inconvenience my budget because you don't have foresight, a miscellaneous allocation should mean miscellaneous abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
donjazet:

I think you both misunderstand my position. Many ex-footballers who play for their national teams are able to build up a profile that makes it easier to earn better income from more reputable sources.

Being a driver is a low income\ minimum wage paying job that celebrities shouldn't be seen doing.
This lady played in front of thousands of people for her national team. That's enough to have built a good profile.

I said I weep for my country because, in other countries you can see that their former pro footballers both male and female are able to slot into other footballing roles and pay-structures but our country doesn't value those things, hence the disparities between both countries income opportunities and general environment.

Simply put, an American or European former footballer is more likely to succeed than someone from our country. I'm wishing this would cease to be so.

Lets think of it this way, How many footballers men and women have played for Nigeria in any capacity and every sport since say 1990? Probably over 10,000. How many of them will the country cater for? Maximum they will cater to those who are the real stars. For example U21 of 2005, Most of us remember Mikel Taiye Taiye and Obasi who built a profile for themselves. How many remember Kola Ige the 3rd keeper, Gift Atuyela, Kola Anubi.

US 94 and Atlanta 96 the period that elicited the fondest memories among Nigerians we remember Okocha Finidi Oliseh Kanu etc. What do you think is happening to the likes of Teslim Fatusi, Mobi Oparaku, Abiodun Obafemi, Nduka Ugbade Oliha, Aloy Agu. Most likely they are just living average now

Some of them wey still dey maintain are because of small coaching jobs from FA and maybe TV analysis. How many of the ex stars can be absorbed into such field

Others are almost having psychotic breakdowns e.g Yekini Oruma etc

They made a choice to chase that career, whatever they made at their peak they spent how they liked, Now that the income is not flowing like before they should manage it like that

I saw recently some people were laughing at Okocha for a funny advert he made, I have not seen the advert but Man gat to do what he has to do. WHen inflow is not coming like the active days anymore
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ibime:

Nothing wrong there. 99.9% of women footballers do not make enough to retire after playing

At least, they're able to build up a better source of income, not just being a minimum wage earner.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis007:

She played in Finland for 11 years. So she didn't make any money while playing in Finland? It's not everything we gonna blame on Government.

Probably she didt make much money there cos even today Women footballers dont make much never mind someone who is a bench keeper for Nigeria

And if she is broke now what should govt do about it? Why is she more important than you or me for the govt to cater for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2021
donjazet:

At least, they're able to build up a better source of income, not just being a minimum wage earner.

By doing what?

Most of their peers in other countries will after retirement just settle down, marry a regular guy, have kids and get a regular job or become a youth team coach or physical trainer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

Probably she didt make much money there cos even today Women footballers dont make much never mind someone who is a bench keeper for Nigeria

And if she is broke now what should govt do about it? Why is she more important than you or me for the govt to cater for?

grin

Don J may need to weep more for Naija then, coz right now it's hard for majority in the Country.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
Havertz10:
for her level of success? it's a failure, you know friends that had equal opportunities like yourself, if at a certain age financial differences stretches you guys apart, you have failed, let's stop sugar coating it abeg
you measure failures by how much they have?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
donjazet:

I'm still in touch with a former secondary school mate who couldn't continue his education because his parents both died. And there was deep historical animosity in the family with his extended relatives. So no one ever helped him. He literally feeds from hand to mouth, doing menial jobs like masonry, bricklaying and the rest. He's in an absolute scrawny condition with no one to help. And not for lack of effort.

Life is selfish generally, before you send 5k to anyone you would have spent a significant part on yourself. Moreover you are doing it out of your goodwill, you are not required to

Life is cruel generally, Some may be fortunate to see an opportunity some may not be bold enough

How many times have you looked back to the most brilliant boy in your primary school, secondary school or University who is still a lecturer in a state Polytechnic and Yaya Bello, Theodore Orji Aregbesola etc are using their salary to do dorime everyday

Recently the story of a boy first class Maths was carried on NL before Jarus and friends gave him a schorlarship abroad, this guy was doing hoe and cutlass farming in Ebonyi village

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

100% but there are examples of people that used their fame to gain financial advantages, Instagram social influences operate that way, build fame using their body or skits then when they gain notoriety, monetize that leverage, why didn't she return to school? She can't say that there were no opportunities, she had fame on her side, playing abroad, even if it's in only sport federation bubble, they cant say that they didn't know her

That banker analogy is on point, only problem is that such success stories occur 1 in 500k people, I think chasing personal growth is the way, i'm a slave in my stupid job, for every dime I make, my boss wealth grows by 20 times that dime, no matter what you accomplish, you will still be a digit in the history of humanity, it's better to strive for asterics on your digit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

What is wrong with this? Is she beyond those doing the job? Or should she be raising Gofundme campaign like some ex sportsmen are doing?

If you dont have money no one will tell you to take up any job to survive. I have seen many ex internationals of different countries pick up other jobs post retirement

Paying your bills is the main thing. I saw Patience Avre in Chicago many yrs ago, I heard she is working in healthcare nowadays. Avre was a real star not this Ayegba that most people dont even know about
Avre is a nurse even then as a footballer.
I think she also mastered Public Health in Ontario. She's did very well for herself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2021
ChristineC:
you measure failures by how much they have?
their are variables that you have to account for but at a certain threshold it's a valid condemnation
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2021
ChristineC:
Avre is a nurse even then as a footballer.
I think she also mastered Public Health in Ontario. She's did very well for herself.

Oh I thought she picked up that trade after football. Good for her, She is able to feed herself and live a good life within reasonable limits, She might not be a baller but she wont suffer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

Lets think of it this way, How many footballers men and women have played for Nigeria in any capacity and every sport since say 1990? Probably over 10,000. How many of them will the country cater for? Maximum they will cater to those who are the real stars. For example U21 of 2005, Most of us remember Mikel Taiye Taiye and Obasi who built a profile for themselves. How many remember Kola Ige the 3rd keeper, Gift Atuyela, Kola Anubi.

US 94 and Atlanta 96 the period that elicited the fondest memories among Nigerians we remember Okocha Finidi Oliseh Kanu etc. What do you think is happening to the likes of Teslim Fatusi, Mobi Oparaku, Abiodun Obafemi, Nduka Ugbade Oliha, Aloy Agu. Most likely they are just living average now

Some of them wey still dey maintain are because of small coaching jobs from FA and maybe TV analysis. How many of the ex stars can be absorbed into such field

Others are almost having psychotic breakdowns e.g Yekini Oruma etc

They made a choice to chase that career, whatever they made at their peak they spent how they liked, Now that the income is not flowing like before they should manage it like that

I saw recently some people were laughing at Okocha for a funny advert he made, I have not seen the advert but Man gat to do what he has to do. WHen inflow is not coming like the active days anymore
The okocha's own has to be his advertisement for betking. It is quite funny sha but I don't get why people would mock him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

Oh I thought she picked up that trade after football. Good for her, She is able to feed herself and live a good life within reasonable limits, She might not be a baller but she wont suffer
She can still ball on the low na if she wishes.
She qualifies as an essential staff everywhere grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

Life is selfish generally, before you send 5k to anyone you would have spent a significant part on yourself. Moreover you are doing it out of your goodwill, you are not required to

Life is cruel generally, Some may be fortunate to see an opportunity some may not be bold enough

How many times have you looked back to the most brilliant boy in your primary school, secondary school or University who is still a lecturer in a state Polytechnic and Yaya Bello, Theodore Orji Aregbesola etc are using their salary to do dorime everyday

Recently the story of a boy first class Maths was carried on NL before Jarus and friends gave him a schorlarship abroad, this guy was doing hoe and cutlass farming in Ebonyi village
this type annoys me the most, looking back at my life nowadays, regrets plenty like landmines of pains, sometimes I wish I could rewind time, till I die, i have swore that I will always take advantage of my situation, optimize it to the fullest, life is brief the sooner i'm ready to retire with a financial position that can fund my achievable dreams the better, people are retiring at 25 and allowing money to work for them while living life the way we all dream of

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
pamcode:
The okocha's own has to be his advertisement for betking. It is quite funny sha but I don't get why people would mock him.

Let them keep mocking him. I doubt the guy sends them. Its over 10yrs since Okocha made football money weekly, How you wan make he dey hol body.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

Haa! Therein lies the republican in you.
Of course, you are correct in stating a well known fact. But it's not okay to just be comfortable with the fact that life is harsh and unequal. We have to strive as Much as we can to remedy the situation and make it as equitable as can be.

Which is why you have liberal governments taxing the ultra wealthy and channeling that money to build schools, better access to health care and local infrastructure accessible to the general public.
Also making policies geared to levelling the playing field for all.
And all these helps in creating equal opportunities for all. But you have conservative economist having you believe that "pulling yourself by the bootstrap" will inevitably lead to a conformable life. It's not okay to just accept the reality of the harshness of life, That has proven not true .
we must strive to make society equal.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis007:

How much do women footballers get paid?

You'll be surprised to see an International England player earning £50k talkless of this one in Finnish league that probably earned no more than £15-£20k. You'll be surprised, the bus job is paying more.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
donjazet:

Haa! Therein lies the republican in you.
Of course, you are correct in stating a well known fact. But it's not okay to just be comfortable with the fact that life is harsh and unequal. We have to strive as Much as we can to remedy the situation and make it as equitable as can be.

Which is why you have liberal governments taxing the ultra wealthy and channeling that money to build schools, better access to health care and local infrastructure accessible to the general public.
Alm these helps in creating equal opportunities for all. But you have conservative economist having you believe that "pulling yourself by the bootstrap" will inevitably lead to a conformable life.
That has proven not true .

You are very right. And that is my own belief. I have thought about it and researched it properly too

Life is not going to be fair to all and its the way it is, you have to help yourself. Govt cannot legislate equality, it doesn't work, See all the countries that have tried it.

Its basically working against natural human and animal instincts. A lion does not go hunting because he wants to feed the Leopards family
The main reason you work hard is because you want a better life for yourself and your family. If they told you that work hard so that Uche doesn't suffer, will you continue to do the same level of hard work?
Now if they say after your hardwork, govt will take more and more of it because Uche, Alli and Akin are suffering, I doubt you will maintain the motivation to work as hard

You have the option to work hard or to laze around, what motivates you to choose one of the 2 options?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
Capaldi:

Frenkie Dejong is on Barca transfer list . We should go all out for him this Winter and summer window.

I'll take Bissouma ahead of him.
He's strong and have premier league experience.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
Havertz10:
this type annoys me the most, looking back at my life nowadays, regrets plenty like landmines of pains, sometimes I wish I could rewind time, till I die, i have swore that I will always take advantage of my situation, optimize it to the fullest, life is brief the sooner i'm ready to retire with a financial position that can fund my achievable dreams the better, people are retiring at 25 and allowing money to work for them while living life the way we all dream of

Well you can only do what is within your limit, you can be determined but there might be external factors too that might hinder you but one thing you shouldnt do is give up without trying as hard as possible

Because if you fail, you fail for yourself, No one really cares. After a few Heyah, everyone will move on

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
donjazet:

Most of them are not far from minimum wage earners after football. They mostly sacrificed their education to chase their passion and after football, you will see them doing gym instructor or even plumbing work

(1) (2) (3) ... (12931) (12932) (12933) (12934) (12935) (12936) (12937) ... (19401) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timbros(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.