Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,185 members, 7,867,434 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10763192 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13234) (13235) (13236) (13237) (13238) (13239) (13240) ... (19449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
raumdeuter:

City also impose players on managers. All the players bought were not approved by Pep
Liar. Pep and friends run man city football wise. Highest luxury anybody can ask for.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
I really would like to hear what Tuchel would like to day about the approach. I understand City tend to peg teams back, but you can't tell me we didn't allow them that leisure to an extent.

The wag we played in the opening stages of the second half, why couldn't we play at similar levels for most of the match? The same thing even he complained of yesterday, is what we did again.

I don't think we allowed them peg us back like this last season, when we won three in a bounce.

And it's a shame James and Chilwell are both out long-term.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Jorginho being a Chelsea player is the reason we lost today grin grin grin...

Very soon, everyone will realize that that bros is a lunatic

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
hensben:
Pep is overrated, he is just in a luxury team. Klopp and Tuchel will achieve same thing he is achieving or even more sef if they are given such team.

Good.......at least stick to this your usual repetitive rubbish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
donstan18:

Lmao! cheesy cheesy grin

It’ll take just time, just time for people to admit this truth,
..Away from your agenda, there is really no change in our games from last season. How can you be scared of someone you won thrice last season. We are not saying you should possess then, just play good football. Our set of attackers should be the worse I have seen in a long while
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
Good wingers can never be overemphasized, this game was was similar to the 2016/17 season at the etihad but the difference was we had smoking wingers, these ones na pure rubbish, I expected Mount, Werner, Pulisic to start as they’re very mobile. Lukaku’s hold up play have been terrible of late and shouldn’t have ended the game, let’s concentrate on finishing second now hopefully Liverpool slips

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRy7IDaRFAk

after watching Tuchels presser last night,,I knew there was no confidence going into d game... so na insha ala tinz I was expecting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
Capaldi:
I don't understand the purpose of Lukaku in these games other than hoping for some sort of fluke goal. He doesn't hold the ball up, he ruins counter attacks, he barely ever wins long balls. All he does in jog, point and moan. Lakaka is a useless signing.

Havertz, Mount and Werner should have started this game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
drisham:
When I saw the stupid idiot called lukaku in the line up I knew we wouldn't win

Starting that Niggar in a big game is minus 1
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
And for those who were comparing prime Ivanovic to Prime Azpi, I no know Wetin to tell una sef

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
popizaino:

No he is a bad manager, we don't want you to accept he is good.

Mourinho was also given similar power at Madrid but we didn't see him turning la-liga to family title so pls say another thing.

Can you ever talk Pep without bringing his senior colleague into the discussion?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
Almajirihunter:
And for those who were comparing prime Ivanovic to Prime Azpi, I no know Wetin to tell una sef

Relax, no be prime azpi you dey watch so.

Besides their strengths were in different facets of the game (attack and defence?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
I miss chilly b and RJ

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
Almajirihunter:
Good wingers can never be overemphasized, this game was was similar to the 2016/17 season at the etihad but the difference was we had smoking wingers, these ones na pure rubbish, I expected Mount, Werner, Pulisic to start as they’re very mobile. Lukaku’s hold up play have been terrible of late and shouldn’t have ended the game, let’s concentrate on finishing second now hopefully Liverpool slips

We have a good winger in Pulisic according to the gospel of sir airmark so talk another thing. At least pulisic is not declining neither is it an assinie signing .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
popizaino:
grin grin grin

Na wa oooo

So Lukaku that started this game is the reason why we lost, na pep cause all this rubbish if he had flog you guys very well with your stupid Havertz and Werner last season you wouldn't be thinking they would have stand a chance against his team this season.

You have a poor understanding of tactics and how it works. The missing puzzle Pep couldn't solve was the mobility of those front 3. Sadly, Tuchel solved the problem for Pep with the inclusion of a pregnant buffalo.

If you are truly a Chelsea fan, watch every players movement and spot the purpose they collectively serve.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
Almajirihunter:

Facts! These guys are just average or a bit above average at best.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
The lamentations, wait una been still get hope for the league?

Welcome to top 4 contending. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
donjazet:
Guardiola cannot be praised enough.
This guy has built an extremely effective team.
I'm honestly shocked with how terrible we've been in comparison.

It's not like we don't have quality players too. We just haven't become as strong as a unit as they have become. But still see us playing like an under23 team.

Hats off to Guardiola. He is an excellent manager.

Money makes things easier.

When you’ve been spending for as long, much and shrewd as City has you should be shot if you don’t have a competent team by now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Almajirihunter:

Ivanovic no near Azpicueleta in any aspect of football except in being a corner threat during corner kicks.

Should I start counting the goals caused by ivanovic for you off my head alone ?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
In any case, Kovacic was my player of the match today. Granted he lost the ball too many times in dangerous areas, but I'll forgive him because of how closely he was marked in those situations.

Made a number of tackles/recoveries, and his dribbling did help relieve pressure on a number of occasions. Made that pass for Lukaku too, the best chance we had.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
popizaino:

Good.......at least stick to this your usual repetitive rubbish.
How do you expect to win starting him. You did yourself in both legs Tuchel. Play the guys that won man city trice last season you refused.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
drisham:
I miss chilly b and RJ

As in!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
Manesalah:
So how did pep lose the UCL to this guy cos he surely has outplayed him in both legs....

Pep's overthinking?

City UCL curse?

Or

Tuchel's luck? but he had more chances in the final...

None of the above, our type of play is different from last season because tuchel is accomodating the bag of beans
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
timbros:

Can you ever talk Pep without bringing his senior colleague into the discussion?

Senior colleague where?

Some jokes write themselves .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
Watching the KDB goal again I can only hope we get a CDM who is fast, has great awareness, reads the game & get to stay in position.

5-6 yards out would’ve made a difference if Kovacic had read the build up & try to stay to cover rather than slowing down & leaving it all on Kante. Noting that he was behind KDB when the pass came in & not tracking anyone

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
Exonerate1:

Starting that Niggar in a big game is minus 1

We played a man short for 90 minutes. I started laughing when Mount that runs around without complaints started gesturing aggressively at preggy bull to pick a man grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
The team that travelled to Manchester today..

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItisHi: 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
Start lakaka in any big game and lose grin.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
Manesalah:
So how did pep lose the UCL to this guy cos he surely has outplayed him in both legs....

Pep's overthinking?

City UCL curse?

Or

Tuchel's luck? but he had more chances in the final...

Tuchel won because he played the right players upfront. Starting lukaku Zyech and Pulisic when you have Havertz, Mount and Werner who bartered city defense last season is his undoing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
as in.
Just painful to watch.

Then the game changed a bit when he eventually made right substitution. But It was too late.

I don't know wetin enter him head today.

Tuchel didn't set the team up for a confident display. He passed that lack of confidence to the team. I hope he wakes up fast, i know there are mad teams in UCL but if he stays sharp we can still go far
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
Odunharry:
The team that travelled to Manchester today..

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
Capaldi:
I don't understand the purpose of Lukaku in these games other than hoping for some sort of fluke goal. He doesn't hold the ball up, he ruins counter attacks, he barely ever wins long balls. All he does in jog, point and moan. Lakaka is a useless signing.
Very useless player 100m well wasted there

(1) (2) (3) ... (13234) (13235) (13236) (13237) (13238) (13239) (13240) ... (19449) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueAngel444, Realtord43, larride(m), KanielOutis92, drisham(m), Caicedobets(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.