Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,086 members, 7,859,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:51 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10723399 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13406) (13407) (13408) (13409) (13410) (13411) (13412) ... (19388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
donstan18:

So which Euro did he win?
lol, forgot Portugal defeated em tho grin grin

future winner sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Maximilan:
And CR7 scores, let the war begin grin
No war anywhere

Brighton no be Madrid grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
swiz123:
I wonder the philosophy behind Ancelloti subbing Carvahal for Vasquez. Is wasn't as if he wanted to attack or anything. Now just look at how Mbappe did him dirty there.. chai!..

Ancelloti might just sack himself by himself.

Maybe by conceding the penalty he thought Carvajal would be shaken

PSG is strongest on the left cost Neymar and Mbappe prefer to work on those areas and Vasquez not being a strong defender exposed them there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:28am On Feb 16, 2022
Pep Guardiola:

“Last year we make a perfect UCL but didn’t perform in the final against a top side, the world champions Chelsea. I congratulate them now publicly for the first time on being world champions.”

[via @HaytersTV]

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:33am On Feb 16, 2022
raumdeuter:

Maybe by conceding the penalty he thought Carvajal would be shaken

PSG is strongest on the left cost Neymar and Mbappe prefer to work on those areas and Vasquez not being a strong defender exposed them there

After spending over 1bn on a Ucl semifinalist, Fraudiola will win the elusive trophy this year. grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2022
donstan18:

Salah, Delima, Gerard, Henry.

Is it not funny how you m’dafuqaz always use Chelsea legends to seek validation for your legends.

Imagine saying PFA and Football writers award is better than EPL Trophy. Omo! No way you’re normal.

And yes, Drogba >>> Delima

Awuzubillahi tf did i just read??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2022
Aguero know ball cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 9:04am On Feb 16, 2022
swiz123:
I wonder the philosophy behind Ancelloti subbing Carvahal for Vasquez. Is wasn't as if he wanted to attack or anything. Now just look at how Mbappe did him dirty there.. chai!..

Ancelloti might just sack himself by himself.

The sub was probably cos Carvajal was already on a yellow
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:28am On Feb 16, 2022
Long-time Chelsea transfer target Raphinha is still on the Blues’ radar and could sign for the club come the summer.

- @Football_LDN
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:40am On Feb 16, 2022
Raumdeuter as a football loving fan living in Yankee, I want to direct this question to u you specifically.

Super Bowl vs Champions League final, which is bigger? Put everything in consideration. Money, prestige, viewership etc etc.... Which of them is bigger?

The average American will say Super Bowl while the average European will say Champions League. But from a neutral perspective, I want to know which is bigger.

Every other person can contribute. Especially those living in diaspora.

Airmark Ibime nihilistjnr Roland17 afrodoc2 etc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 11:16am On Feb 16, 2022
timbros:
Raumdeuter as a football loving fan living in Yankee, I want to direct this question to u you specifically.

Super Bowl vs Champions League final, which is bigger? Put everything in consideration. Money, prestige, viewership etc etc.... Which of them is bigger?

The average American will say Super Bowl while the average European will say Champions League. But from a neutral perspective, I want to know which is bigger.

This question doesn't need to be asked....The Super bowl is an American celebrity affair....

The Champions league draws interest from all over the World...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2022
timbros:

Even their biggest export the NBA can't still matchup to the UCL despite it's popularity and worldwide acceptance talkless of the Super Bowl, Sometimes they even sign contracts to use some of the top European clubs stadiums to play their regular season games

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:49am On Feb 16, 2022
timbros:

See Radamel Falcao injury history and yet, he is still one of the most deadliest strikers in his days.

But na 2 days, 5 days, 4 days, 7days injury we no go hear word for.

I no surprise sha because airmark still dey use injury defend Belotti till today.

What year did he become one of the most deadliest strikers?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 11:51am On Feb 16, 2022
BILD report that Dortmund join Chelsea and others in being interested in signing Reims over signing Hugo Ekitike in the summer. Foot Mercato recently reported Chelsea had an offer on the table.

- via @Sport_Witness
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:57am On Feb 16, 2022
Amoto94:
Long-time Chelsea transfer target Raphinha is still on the Blues’ radar and could sign for the club come the summer.

- @Football_LDN

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
airmark:

After spending over 1bn on a Ucl semifinalist, Fraudiola will win the elusive trophy this year. grin

Why didn't Poch win in 2020 after losing 2019 final?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
airmark:

I love pep as a coach because he play the kind of football I enjoy but the way they hype him here among his peers that are top coaches like him is what is bringing arguments.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
airmark:

I want him to win it this year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2022

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
hensben:
I want him to win it this year.
with Chelsea still in contention??...this guy sef ehn..you can't make this shit up

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
I can't believe that someone is asking which is bigger between superbowl and champions league final

America owns main stream media, they will always hype their events like the greatest thing since slice bread, that's why I don't blame china for blocking out their media, they will override and americanize your culture and present it in a format that suits whichever narrative they want to popularize to the global community , see Netflix and Disney

In movies, tv shows and documentaries, America saves the world from aliens, they are the heroes for everything

Back to the topic, champions league final averages 400m spectators and those are conservative estimates, if we factor viewing centers in Africa and most regions, I will say that it's about 800m ~1 billion

Superbowl averages 100m but somehow you can't see that it's beneath the champions league when it comes to reach because main stream media presents it that way

Puts into perspective every news story that you read, someone is actively trying to dictate your understanding of things

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
Amoto94:
The art of long passing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcSNI6zzyT0

I haven't watched it but was any Chelsea player rated?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
popizaino:

I haven't watched it but was any Chelsea player rated?
Jorginho and Ziyech

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2022
Amoto94:

Jorginho and Ziyech

Ok. Thank you.

Would want h it later.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
First time I tried to watch Super Bowl, I didn't even make it to half-time. What a boring sport. People counting yards and all sorts of nonsense.

Sport that boys will finish secondary school in Nigeria having never played the sport, move to Yankee and because they are fast and strong, they become professional gridiron players just from playing 2 years in senior high school.

That's a skill-less sport. If you are not playing soccer by 8 years old, you can 99.99% guarantee you won't have developed the skills to make it pro by 18. The latest anyone turned pro in soccer by starting late to my knowledge was Theo Walcott who started playing at 10

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
timbros:

If you no specifically mention my name, I no go answer this question
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
timbros:
Ramdeuter as a football loving fan living in Yankee, I want to direct this question to u you specifically.

I am not a neutral, I prefer football to American football so to me Champions League is bigger. To an average American who follows NFL Super bowl is bigger

Where and how you grow up determines which sport you will follow, I grew up in Nigeria and follow football, Someone who grew up in America will be fanatical about NFL or Baseball which you wont understand and someone who grew up in India will follow cricket

Which one is bigger? Of 6billion people in the world, I can say almost half which is 3billion people follow Football, world cup and Champions League while NFL is only followed by mostly Americans 300M

The only reason you are asking this question is because America is the richest country and have the resources to promote their sport.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ibime:
First time I tried to watch Super Bowl, I didn't even make it to half-time. What a boring sport. People counting yards and all sorts of nonsense.

Sport that boys will finish secondary school in Nigeria having never played the sport, move to Yankee and because they are fast and strong, they become professional gridiron players just from playing 2 years in senior high school.

That's a skill-less sport. If you are not playing soccer by 8 years old, you can 99.99% guarantee you won't have developed the skills to make it pro by 18. The latest anyone turned pro in soccer by starting late to my knowledge was Theo Walcott who started playing at 10

Any sport you are not used to will be boring to you. Just like I find cricket boring, some Indians will swear its the most exciting thing. An American will find European football boring and will ask you how you can enjoy such a low scoring sport. One of the arguments of ESL and Perez is that football is too long, boring, lo scoring and losing fans especially among the younger demographics, They are proposing changes that will even make it more like an American sport

Most cultures and countries play football casually and it requires little setup to play. You dont need a hoop or special thing to play

Just 2 stones for goalpost and orange(or anything spherical and you are good to go

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShadowCracker(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Cc raumdeuter airmark

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tng(f): 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
Beasting kenan
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
raumdeuter:

Why didn't Poch win in 2020 after losing 2019 final?

If Fraudiola fails to win it this season, then it's another confirmation that Klopp and Tuchel are better than him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13406) (13407) (13408) (13409) (13410) (13411) (13412) ... (19388) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, tobiboss(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.