Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,780 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10703220 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14389) (14390) (14391) (14392) (14393) (14394) (14395) ... (19359) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2022
onyemaair:
These "perks" which I enjoy is called a loophole. One that can easily be closed and enjoyed by a few.

But at the same time, it's important to note that this is not attributable to only Nigeria.
American government and UK government gave out huge sums as COVID stimulus check and at the end, more than 20 billion dollars went Missing. Tell me how that was possible if not corrupt politicians exploiting loopholes.

What about rich people in those countries who hide their money using offshore accounts?

Corruption and loophole exploitation happens everywhere. You cannot use that as a basis to denigrate Nigeria. No system is perfect.
Everyone of us have benefited from a loophole in one way or the other. That doesn't mean we shouldn't hope for things to get better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/29/how-the-uk-government-lost-49bn-to-covid-loan
90% of lost COVID funds got stolen by fraudsters all over the world.

Only Nigerian fraudsters alone fit don loot 70%.

Stop using Western COVID lost fund to justify the corruption you were condemning yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2022
onyemaair:

We pay very low taxes in Nigeria. In America my poultry farm would most likely be taxed. My wife's salary is not taxed at all. Mine is deducted from the ministry but my tax is just 15k monthly. But federal government pays emoluments and allowances.

I also don't go to work everyday. The same thing with many of my colleagues. We have a system that covers for each other. I go to work only 3 times in a week.
You can't have such laxity abroad. You will work through your nose.

Lastly let me tell you the icing on the cake, I haven't paid nepa bill in 3 years. Around us we have people that rig the meter, so it doesn't read. When the nepa people come much later, we settle the staff and he goes. This cannot happen in abroad.

You want to stay and develop Nigeria yet you are defrauding NEPA (or PHCN) grin

And you call it icing on the cake? cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by gustav25: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2022
Godx:

You can do more in Nigeria with this mindset than in a foreign country with high cost of living that will choke you to death.

Is it your choking ? After all , some people would prefer getting choked by small ass and others would prefer the type of ass Raumdeuter posts with that dancing lady Gif. My retired old man that attained the top position in civil service with daily hardwork , what's the reward ? Getting his gratuity and pension denied ever since he retired ? Tell me something else Godx of our land.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2022
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2022
onyemaair:
These "perks" which I enjoy is called a loophole. One that can easily be closed and enjoyed by a few.

But at the same time, it's important to note that this is not attributable to only Nigeria.
American government and UK government gave out huge sums as COVID stimulus check and at the end, more than 20 billion dollars went Missing. Tell me how that was possible if not corrupt politicians exploiting loopholes.

What about rich people in those countries who hide their money using offshore accounts?

Corruption and loophole exploitation happens everywhere. You cannot use that as a basis to denigrate Nigeria. No system is perfect.
Everyone of us have benefited from a loophole in one way or the other. That doesn't mean we shouldn't hope for things to get better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/29/how-the-uk-government-lost-49bn-to-covid-loan

Nah bro, those 'perks' are actually called criminal activity grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:20am On Jun 06, 2022
onyemaair:

We pay very low taxes in Nigeria. In America my poultry farm would most likely be taxed. My wife's salary is not taxed at all. Mine is deducted from the ministry but my tax is just 15k monthly. But federal government pays emoluments and allowances.

I also don't go to work everyday. The same thing with many of my colleagues. We have a system that covers for each other. I go to work only 3 times in a week.
You can't have such laxity abroad. You will work through your nose.

Lastly let me tell you the icing on the cake, I haven't paid nepa bill in 3 years. Around us we have people that rig the meter, so it doesn't read. When the nepa people come much later, we settle the staff and he goes. This cannot happen in abroad.

And you are proud to say this outside?. angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:21am On Jun 06, 2022
Godx:

You think people who sell their entire inheritance and savings in Nigeria to go abroad are not serious and willing?

You are already giving excuses why abroad will not work so you must be part of the unwilling

In UK here, you can live on N0.7m monthly and there is no way you will not earn N1m monthly after tax just working minimum wage. That's living as a freshie off the boat. Once your leg done dey strong, you will see what pays more and gravitate towards that as most common-sense Nigerians do. Your spending will then increase substantially, as will your take-home pay. But you are focussing on the cost of bills, converting to Naira in your head and being intimidated by it, instead of focussing on the income that make such bills possible.

The girl who can't dance will say the band can't play

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:21am On Jun 06, 2022
gustav25:

Little wonder this man is angry at those seeking to escape from this turd world country to a better society
Nobody says Abroad is a bed of roses but with elegant hardwork and self purpose , one can do more.
Your Numero issue with the Jakpa talks is that you feel you are too old to pursue that venture and secondly , you are a corrupt Federal civil servant probably on level 8-10 and you are here basking in all these Ill ways of living.

You are a menace to the society and you are here clamouring for making Nigeria better when you can't even contribute to make the illusion a reality. How does it sound to you that you are proud saying you haven't paid nepa bills for 3 whole years MR ? You are one sick individual. I know for a fact if you had the finance to move your family, you would have but no, you prefer to work in a society that doesn't work because the fear of your corrupt ways would be exposed in the Japa nations.

You are a fraudulent 40 years old man

Abeg Japa gospel is not for lazy people. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2022
At least we know ourselves now cheesy

Western countries, house loan, car loan

Global south, house paid in full, car paid in full

One region averages 15% inflation back to back and they move on

Another is experiencing 25% inflation on average for the first time and they are wailing and calling it the end of the world

one region has its central bank buying cooperate bonds from dead companies to keep them afloat, they even have a name for those companies, zombie companies

Another has its central bank struggling to look for ways to invest in its economy, businesses are allowed to collapse if they aren’t properly managed

If the war in Ukraine has exposed anything, it has corrected the illusion that the world belongs to any region

All these Uncle Tom here advising people to join them in slavery 2.0 are amusing

We will return to discussions on exchange rates December and lastly if you want to invest in Nigeria, avoid real estate, based on my readings that sector is overly inflated currently

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ellexy: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2022
Lwkmd this morning grin

Matters arising from this thread eh cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2022
gustav25:

Is it your choking ? After all , some people would prefer getting choked by small ass and others would prefer the type of ass Raumdeuter posts with that dancing lady Gif. My retired old man that attained the top position in civil service with daily hardwork , what's the reward ? Getting his gratuity and pension denied ever since he retired ? Tell me something else Godx of our land.
Choking is choking. The average man in Nigeria is better than the average man living homeless in America. Quality of living isn’t the same as income, and one has to think about the cost of living as well as income. Americans make a lot, but having a house there is expensive. Just go through this Twitter thread of people paying 40k minimum a year. https://twitter.com/moneybagjo_/status/1533098669427367937?t=Chszq1pvoVTbRn8ENa6PbA&s=19

Going to the doctor can take you from upper middle class to the brink of homelessness and I haven't even mentioned student loans. The cost of living negates any so called advantage. Cost of living there will choke you to death.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2022
Nezzjnr:

Urinating in public and Following One Way cheesy cheesy

2 icings on the cake.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by onyemaair: 9:31am On Jun 06, 2022
gustav25:

Man , many of you suffer from epistemic naivety and selective case of reasoning. You are making references to putting on your Gen sparely but is that same for every Nigerian? For your info , I use my Gen every single night From 6pm- 7am because I don't have light but someone living in Bonny Island just like you would claim they have light 90% of the time And hence , there is steady electricity in the Country.

Your reasoning is very watery and lacks a structure. You counter claim these are loopholes that can be checked but I can beat my fat chest and say you would rather riot than allow that loophole to be fixed hence your inate fears and irritation of folks seeking to find bread in other countries.

With people like you in government institutions country over, redemption is light years away and there is no engine fast enough to beat the speed of light of Nigeria.

Just keep calm and use super Glue to seal your mouth if people are calling for government head because you are worst or same

Listen man, my main point has been to point out that Nigeria is not as hellish as these people abroad are arrogantly trying to make it look.

Whatever problem we have here are also present in those lands. It's just an issue of how relative the problem is. Nigeria has a cultism problem, America and UK have deadly gang problems.
Nigeria has security challenges like banditry and ethnic issues. America has its own citizens entering their classrooms and emptying machine gun bullets into their children every single day.

That I have a small way if exploiting a loophole does not take away from my desire to see this country become better.
My hope is that this country becomes much better than it is when my children have grown.
That we have governments capable of closing this loophole.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:33am On Jun 06, 2022
Godx:

You can do more in Nigeria with this mindset than in a foreign country with high cost of living that will choke you to death.
Who said cost of living in Nigeria is low?

It's in your face here that a civil servant is telling you he doesn't go to work despite being paid a salary, doesn't pay taxes despite being funded by tax payers, illegally taps electricity and doesn't pay for it.

Public services dont work as the public offices are infested with the onyemaairs of this world. It means that you have to generate your own power cos onyemaair leeching off the national grid. You have to pump your own water cos another variant of onyemaair is leeching there as well. You go to a federal hospital for health care and Dr onyemaair is not on seat for days, and in any case they dont even have the drugs you need cos onyemaair didnt pay tax, and senior onyemaair at the top is skimming the funds from junior onyemaair anyway.

I dont know if you have a family, kids, etc. I dont know if you live on your own and run a household, but living expenses relative to earnings in Nigeria are nowhere near cheap.

At least in the UK for example, your tax goes towards providning world class healthcare to you for FREE. Your kids are educated to secondary school level at a very high standard for FREE. Your roads are tarred and well maintained because you pay road tax. They even cut the grass in front of your house for FREE because that's what your council tax is there for.

I don't know who you know that is being choked to death, but sir it aint me.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:38am On Jun 06, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Who said cost of living in Nigeria is low?

It's in your face here that a civil servant is telling you he doesn't go to work despite being paid a salary, doesn't pay taxes despite being funded by tax payers, illegally taps electricity and doesn't pay for it.
Public services dont work as the public offices are infested with the onyemaairs of this world. It means that you have to generate your own power cos onyemaair leeching off the national grid. You have to pump your own water cos another variant of onyemaair is leeching there as well. You go to a federal hospital for health care and Dr onyemaair is not on seat for days, and in any case they dont even have the drugs you need cos onyemaair didnt pay tax, and senior onyemaair at the top is skimming the funds from junior onyemaair anyway.

I dont know if you have a family, kids, etc. I dont know if you live on your own and run a household, but living expenses relative to earnings in Nigeria are nowhere near cheap.

At least in the UK for example, your tax goes towards providning world class healthcare to you for FREE. Your kids are educated to secondary school level at a very high standard for FREE. Your roads are tarred and well maintained because you pay road tax. They even cut the grass in front of your house for FREE because that's what your council tax is there for.

I don't know who you know that is being choked to death, but sir it aint me.

Put some respek on onyemaaair's name. Na loophole e dey exploit, e no kill person. grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:38am On Jun 06, 2022
Ibime:

You are already giving excuses why abroad will not work so you must be part of the unwilling

In UK here, you can live on N0.7m monthly and there is no way you will not earn N1m monthly after tax just working minimum wage. That's living as a freshie off the boat. Once your leg done dey strong, you will see what pays more and gravitate towards that as most common-sense Nigerians do. Your spending will then increase substantially, as will your take-home pay. But you are focussing on the cost of bills, converting to Naira in your head and being intimidated by it, instead of focussing on the income that make such bills possible.

The girl who can't dance will say the band can't play

I know someone who makes $18.50/hr and up to $32,000 a year but still live on paycheck to paycheck even after working two to three jobs
and that's the reality of most Americans. Am talking about whites with privileges struggling and you think Nigerians will fare better there lol.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:39am On Jun 06, 2022
onyemaair:

Listen man, my main point has been to point out that Nigeria is not as hellish as these people abroad are arrogantly trying to make it look.

Whatever problem we have here are also present in those lands. It's just an issue of how relative the problem is. Nigeria has a cultism problem, America and UK have deadly gang problems.
Nigeria has security challenges like banditry and ethnic issues. America has its own citizens entering their classrooms and emptying machine gun bullets into their children every single day.

That I have a small way if exploiting a loophole does not take away from my desire to see this country become better.
My hope is that this country becomes much better than it is when my children have grown.
That we have governments capable of closing this loophole.

Be specific with this problems abeg before i know how to answer.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Gerrard59(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2022
onyemaair:

Bros normally I dey fancy your talk. You dey talk am raw. BUT this one get as e be, what do you say to a 39 year old civil servant like me who earns 128k a month? Who feeds his family of 5 and also takes care of some extended relatives?
Who currently sees no pathway for japa? And then you say, I should just give up on nigeria? I can't japa because I have Many people dependant on me and I am also above employment age in many countries. I get your point as for voting. I have voted for PDP 3 times in a row now and nothing has still changed in the country. But that doesn't mean I should not "try" to change things na.
Are you telling me to give up completely? Are you saying I should never vote again or hope for a better future? I look Rwanda and I see an African country trying to get it right, I see Egypt trying to get it right, what makes you think nigeria would never get it right. I fail to be that pessimistic.

grin grin

Now, I see reasons why most of you people are against japa by younger folks. Ndi misery loves company. grin grin

Well, my advice is to train your boys how to handle guns so as to protect themselves and their sisters when the "slightest of signal" is activated.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ellexy: 9:47am On Jun 06, 2022
larride:

And you are proud to say this outside?. angry
All the whole point he was trying to make since yesterday just came crashing down like a pack of cards grin

I saw that and my weakness became weak..

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:48am On Jun 06, 2022
Godx:

I know someone who makes $18.50/hr and up to $32,000 a year but still live on paycheck to paycheck even after working two to three jobs
and that's the reality of most Americans. Am talking about whites with privileges struggling and you think Nigerians will fare better there lol.

See how you dey reason.

I knew everything was wrong with you when you with your useless opinion on football.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 9:49am On Jun 06, 2022
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ellexy: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2022
afrodoc2:

2 icings on the cake.
Why are you people like this grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:50am On Jun 06, 2022
As anyhow una wan tag am, I dey with the #abroadsquad. Make una gettat, how many people have you helped being a government mercenary for years in a country that reeks of Idi Amin regime.

You no get soul. You be the devil wey bible talk about.

Me wey work for govt in Abia State pondered greener pastures years ago, having seen how terrible the system was down here. Man I was never comfortable with all that shit that were melted out here, even when them go collect bribe give me, rule against a principle winner to a case, I go still dey die inside.

How can you be so comfortable with such life oga?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:50am On Jun 06, 2022
popizaino:

See how you dey reason.

I knew everything was wrong with you when you with your useless opinion on football.
Kk.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by onyemaair: 9:51am On Jun 06, 2022
Again, it's easy to dwell on the negatives more than the positives.

It's indeed a bad situation that people exploit loopholes EVERYWHERE, but at least we are here still getting things done rather than running away.
My father was a civil servant in Nigeria, he lived a comfortable life in Enugu and I also lived a "relatively" comfortable life. He trained his brothers in school, 1 of them went to Ireland and then UK. He came back, picked a wife here and went back. He is comfortable but soo too am I.

Happiness is relative. What I'm against is telling every citizen of the country to japa.

Are you saying that all the citizens of the richest country in Africa should japa? That every single African should depart the continent?

Every Senegalese should go to UK, every south African should go abroad, every Egyptian should go abroad? Every Ugandan should go abroad and literally be a second class citizen where you are called an "alien". Where you are treated as less of a human being?
Surely you see the stupidity in that.

Our problems are here, we are all part of the problem in one way or the other, that I said my own part of the problem out loud doesn't mean that you all are spotless and have no part of this.

But the most important thing is the mindset for change. I am "enjoying" these loopholes but that doesn't mean I don't want the country to change for better. I actually wish the government would give us more work so we could go to different places and do those jobs. I actually wish the government would pay me more, so that they can increase my taxes and provide better health care.

But we have to be here in the first place for those things to happen. We can't arrogantly shout JAPA! because you're slaving for the white man while we're here trying to change the fortunes of this country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2022
onyemaair:

American government and UK government gave out huge sums as COVID stimulus check and at the end, more than 100billion dollars went Missing. Tell me how that was possible if not corrupt politicians exploiting loopholes.

that covid 19 update.. na naija boys run that updates..

That thing bless many boys for street well well..

As you rightly said, it's a loophole that was exploited .

Few days ago, I was scammed and exploited on binance by a vendor who exploited a loophole on binance by manupulating ads..

His ad showed 604,upon opening it automatically refreshed to 504.. I lost 40k in that transaction because I sold 400 dolls..

Loophole dey like awoof.. Dem no dey do saint for am.. some dey call am arbitrage too..

The world is already built on scam and manupulation..

France comes to Mali and congo to mine gold, pays the gorvenment a meagre sum of money, carries the gold to their country and refines it and sells it for an arm..
That's loophole..

E dey everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:54am On Jun 06, 2022
Godx:

$18.50 per hour is just above minimum wage in some states.

Minimum wage in Nigeria is N30k per MONTH.

1$ = 600 Naira.

Compare and contrast the plight of minimum wage earners in both countries then.

Are you a salary earner?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 9:56am On Jun 06, 2022
In other news, if you don’t like earning your money right… stay in Nigeria
Noted cool

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 9:57am On Jun 06, 2022
It is gonna be aweful..

Just watch and listen carefully.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sijisings/status/1533456720936288256
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:59am On Jun 06, 2022
popizaino:

See how you dey reason.

Nawao

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jimpix11: 9:59am On Jun 06, 2022
Ellexy:
Lwkmd this morning grin

Matters arising from this thread eh cheesy

Infact this thread dy complete. Been reading this thread since coogar days.

Sports, Religion, Politics, Travel...e full Chelsea thread.

**Seeing someone advertising Peter Obi and the same person saying "I will leave this country for good" Ahhh donjazet you fall hand.

**Some people still saying living abroad is slavery when I could barely get a teaching job after 5years of my graduation in 9ja with a Biology degree, today I work as a Biomedical Scientist in UK....My father was a civil servant and my mum a full time housewife o.

**If you want to live peacefully and help your generation and you have the opportunity please JAPA

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 10:00am On Jun 06, 2022
nihilistjnr:

$18.50 per hour is just above minimum wage in some states.

Minimum wage in Nigeria is N30k per MONTH.

1$ = 600 Naira.

Compare and contrast the plight of minimum wage earners in both countries then.

Are you a salary earner?
You forget people mostly earn way above those minimum wages abroad and earn less in Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14389) (14390) (14391) (14392) (14393) (14394) (14395) ... (19359) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OVA200(m), Joezinho, hensben(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.