Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:38 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10728519 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14601) (14602) (14603) (14604) (14605) (14606) (14607) ... (19392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
DissTroy:

Let's look at the facts.

Ckay - "Love Nwantiti" (original and remix) as uploaded on the artiste's streaming account

Spotify: 1.07 billion streams https://open.spotify.com/artist/048LktY5zMnakWq7PTtFrz

YouTube: 477.2 million streams: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JK6aiMx7TIFwkhMjLfyp0lMO1d5jFDC

Fireboy - "Peru" (original and remixes)
as uploaded on artiste's streaming accounts:

Spotify: 200 million streams https://open.spotify.com/artist/75VKfyoBlkmrJFDqo1o2VY

YouTube: 104. 13 million streams. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCvrQdOvBRW-ycBQ32o1BCQw/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

Total streams
Ckay - "Love Nwantiti" streams: Spotify + YouTube: 1. 547 billion streams.

Fireboy - "Peru" streams: Spotify + YouTube: 304.13 million streams.

Ckay wins since you made it a competition. Numbers don't lie.

This is just whataboutism.

You countered Fireboy has shattered Ckay's records and I brought irrefutable proof Ckay is on top of the Nigerian music streaming food chain.

By the way, even Clay's "Emiliana" has combined 68.325 million views on YouTube and 120 million (original and acoustic) on Spotify. That's a combined 188.325 million streams.

Ckay also has the highest monthly stream at 18.5 million.

I deliberately left out Tiktok impressions because it dwarfs all African artistes. Ckay does in that regard.

I never get involved in debates I never have evidence for. Time has proven if I make a claim, I already have the evidence for it but deliberately withdrawing it.

Facts only!

You are just proving me right that CKay is just a hit wonder, with Love Nwantiti.

You said CKay topped Charts I told you it's Love Nwantiti that toped Charts and not CKay. Vibration was on Apple music chart for 3 months, same as other hits by Fireboy in the past. Peru drowned CKay in the US and Nwantiti is no more charting Afrobeat Billboard chart. In fact Fireboy holds the record as Peru is the longest topping Afrobeat music on no. 1.

CKay's latest song ft Davido is already DOA as it's not topping any chart. Fireboy, Rema, Omahlay will beat him 10 hits v 10 hits.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
donstan18:
Hello Chief Airmark, how’s the family?

I hope you’re getting ready to support Chelsea’s progress Ahead of banter?

Divemar should go back to Dead Barca. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlueAngel444:
Sterling, Savic, Kounde
Win win cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
airmark:

Divemar should go back to Dead Barca. angry
Now way you’re not happy low key. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2022
airmark:

You are just proving me right that CKay is just a hit wonder, with Love Nwantiti.

You said CKay topped Charts I told you it's Love Nwantiti that toped Charts and not CKay. Vibration was on Apple music chart for 3 months, same as other hits by Fireboy in the past. Peru drowned CKay in the US and Nwantiti is no more charting Afrobeat Billboard chart. In fact Fireboy holds the record as Peru is the longest topping Afrobeat music on no. 1.

CKay's latest song ft Davido is already DOA as it's not topping any chart. Fireboy, Rema, Omahlay will beat him 10 hits v 10 hits.

I overheard a song a couple of days back on radio and I've not been able to track the song nor the musician.

Unfortunately the only line I remember was something like he hardly gets credit alerts but numerous debit alerts.

Do you by any chance know the song?

Donstain18 Disstroy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
airmark:

Again, numbers don't lie.

Fireboy needed to go meet Ed Sheeran (who's a streaming numbers god) to boost his streams. That's why if you take away Fireboy's remix with Ed Sheeran, his combined streams on YouTube and Spotify for Peru is less than 60 million.
And Fireboy only has Peru doing the numbers.

Ckay without any collaboration on Emiliana is raking in almost combined streams on YouTube and Spotify of 200 million streams, and dwarfing Fireboy's numbers.

No Nigerian song has stayed on top of the charts for up to 2 years but Ckay did it.

I probably should throw Boomplay streams in the mix to blow up his numbers.

I understand your denial. Most people in the industry are still living in denial too of how a boy without backing from industry giants could come from nowhere to break records.

But the records are there. Asides, Love Nwantiti, there are 3 other Ckay songs doing the numbers. All you have to do is check YouTube and Spotify then compare them against Fireboy songs released in that same period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
£55m for Raph and £45m for Rah

Na £100m for new wingers, Boehly na rara o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
donstan18:

Tuchel obviously don’t like black players, so possibly, he won’t be approving Kouli’s signing.
is that what they told you shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
DissTroy:

Again, numbers don't lie.

Fireboy needed to go meet Ed Sheeran (who's a streaming numbers god) to boost his streams. That's why if you take away Fireboy's remix with Ed Sheeran, his combined streams on YouTube and Spotify for Peru is less than 60 million.
And Fireboy only has Peru doing the numbers.

Ckay without any collaboration on Emiliana is raking in almost combined streams on YouTube and Spotify of 200 million streams, and dwarfing Fireboy's numbers.

No Nigerian song has stayed on top of the charts for up to 2 years but Ckay did it.

I probably should throw Boomplay streams in the mix to blow up his numbers.

I understand your denial. Most people in the industry are still living in denial too of how a boy without backing from industry giants could come from nowhere to break records.

But the records are there. Asides, Love Nwantiti, there are 3 other Ckay songs doing the numbers. All you have to do is check YouTube and Spotify then compare them against Fireboy songs released in that same period.

Longest charting Nigerian albums of all time on the billboard world chart as at May 2022;

1. Wizkid - "Made In Lagos" - 77 weeks.

2. Fela Kuti - "The best of the black president" - 46 weeks.

3. Burna Boy - "African Giant" - 38 weeks.

4. Ckay - "Ckay The First" - 31 weeks.

5. Davido - "A Good Time" - 25 weeks.

https://notjustok.com/article/longest-charting-nigerian-albums-billboard-world-albums-chart/

But Ckay is a "one-hit wonder with no album" . "But Fireboy has chased Ckay from the charts".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Very happy with Raphina.

Seems like Havertz is now officially a 9.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noblesh: 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
nihilistjnr:
Very happy with Raphina.

my thought

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
nihilistjnr:
Very happy with Raphina.

Saw the dream in May.

Griffon:

Going forward, I wouldn’t mind building this team around Havertz, as much as I hate to say it.

The fluidity of the positional setup is just one part of the beautiful game. TT was trying this out this season with the triumvirate of Pulisic Havertz and Mount, but then, there was no way that could have effectively worked without a solid midfield base.

We tend to look predictable when Lukaku leads the line. He simply finds it tough getting involved in a fluid attacking play with his teammates, this of course can be attributed to his poor technical ability.

Since ‘rebuilding’ is the word on everyone’s lips, I’ll say let’s prioritize the acquisition of a top attacking midfielder to line up with Mount and Havertz upfield, a top CM, a backup LB for Chilwell and two CBs.

We can try prizing away either of Chiesa or Gnabry from their respective teams. If Dembele is available, then he’s equally a good alternative.

Tchoaumeni should be the man for the CM role, then Kounde/Fofana/Colwill should sort the defense out.

If we must challenge on all fronts next season, this is what we should be looking at or a template as such:

Mendy/Pope

Kounde/Azpilicueta Silva/Fofana Colwill/?

James/Sterling Kante/Kovacic Tchoaumeni/Gallagher Chilwell/?

Mount/Pulisic Havertz/Lukaku Chiesa/Gnabry/Odoi

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
Griffon:

Saw the dream in May.

Still doesn’t make it a good opinion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
donstan18:

Still doesn’t make it a good opinion.

Well, I said I hate to say it.

Any top forward would labour through his way to score for us with the sort of supporting cast we have.

Pulisic, Odoi, Ziyech and who again?

I believe an upgrade on what we have upfield will see even the dumbest forward do at least double 20 goals in all comps then you have the fluid attacking play. Havertz can do it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:35pm On Jun 28, 2022
Griffon:

Well, I said I hate to say it.

Any top forward would labour through his way to score for us with the sort of supporting cast we have.

Pulisic, Odoi, Ziyech and who again?

I believe an upgrade on what we have upfield will see even the dumbest forward do at least double 20 goals in all comps then you have the fluid attacking play. Havertz can do it.
Lazy CFs can’t cope with adventurous winger.

Fraudvertz needs to leave.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2022
This is Chelseafc!!

Stay tuned

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
DissTroy:

Longest charting Nigerian albums of all time on the billboard world chart as at May 2022;

1. Wizkid - "Made In Lagos" - 77 weeks.

2. Fela Kuti - "The best of the black president" - 46 weeks.

3. Burna Boy - "African Giant" - 38 weeks.

4. Ckay - "Ckay The First" - 31 weeks.

5. Davido - "A Good Time" - 25 weeks.

https://notjustok.com/article/longest-charting-nigerian-albums-billboard-world-albums-chart/

But Ckay is a "one-hit wonder with no album" . "But Fireboy has chased Ckay from the charts".
This your stat fail to take into consideration that the Ep was carried by the success of Love Nwantiti which was the point he was making...I've not checked Sha but I'm willing to bet that over 90% of the Ep total streams were from that song alone...It's a normal thing in America music where they Slap a hit song on an Underperforming album to increase it's total streams, though to be fair it was originally part of the album but the point still stands...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
afrodoc2:

Hehehehe. You have to change your mindset about investment. Today it is 4k, tomorrow it might be 4m.
To avoid stories that touch and salt laden tears please avoid such get rich quick schemes.
Thanks my boss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
donstan18:

No we won’t leave Ckay, since global chart is your metric of rating Nigerian musicians.

The global chart and recognitions of his song “Nwantiti” will comfortably swallow Olamide, Brymo, Kizz Daniel, Timaya and Patoranking’s career combined.

Rap, Rema>> Fireboy
Singing, Rema>> Fireboy
Head2Head nomination and award, Rema>>

One started making waves and dropping hits songs at 19, while the other got recognized with the help of Olamide’s influence and PR.

Oh I see where you coming from

They are both great artists that's all I will say
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hope they know we don't have defenders.oo angry

Or is colwill and chalobah we sticking with
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Can anyone confirm if Gallagher is returning?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bestmutiu2019(m): 11:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
donstan18:
This is Chelseafc!!

Stay tuned
Fabrizio Rest
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
Agent Deco.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2022
Meanwhile, how una see this one?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bestmutiu2019(m): 11:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
Griffon:
age is not on koulibaly side we already got t.Silva I prefer kounde/ake and de light
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
andrewbaba44:

How many players for your team go start for mancity ?

Which of your cb is currently better then any of these Laporte ,Ruben Diaz ,John stones cheesy cheesy

You go tell me weda na aboki melang sarr or hunter chalobah go bench am grin
.Kante go start for man city... Mount also go start for mancity... You think we are uefalona? Waiting for free players here and there taaah
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by omotola90(m): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

Imagine waiting for a club to relegate so you will buy their player.
This poverty is too much.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by omotola90(m): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
Griffon:
this can't happen bros
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2022
Griffon:

In one window, highly doubt
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
omotola90:
this can't happen bros

Boehly is cooking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14601) (14602) (14603) (14604) (14605) (14606) (14607) ... (19392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zeusis(m), Obere4u, Kayyy, Realtord43, Ijustwantto, andrewbaba44, larride(m), BlueMann, iamoyindamola(m), Sportsweb, odizeey(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.