Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10583099 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15529) (15530) (15531) (15532) (15533) (15534) (15535) ... (19234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2022
Sniper04:

The guy go dey cry now say which Kind wahala him enter, make he just hope the next coach go like am
He’s the best striker in Chelsea now.

Followed by Broja.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:33am On Sep 07, 2022
Kantebets:
Popizaino so if a coach finishes 3rd a year after winning the league with reaching the UCL quarterfinals you sack him especially after selling Micheal Ballack a key player and not signing the player he wanted (Aguero) and signing flops like Torres?

My anecdote should have given you the answer to this question but since you don't know let me answer you accordingly. I am very patient fan,i believe there can be only one winner and i don't task my manager to win at all cost but play me some good football by attacking and creating the good chances as i believe this will eventually translate to winning in the long run. And in cases were you are playing beautifully and creating good chances without scoring then i know it is the personnel problem and wouldn't call you out. Tuchel wasn't playing beautifully well and neither were we creating good chances. Pep Guardiola's first season at man city was exactly this way and that is why I defended him.

I hope i have answered all your questions?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tng(f): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2022
This defines RUTHLESS. Haba should have been considered, even for all the upheaveals of last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:35am On Sep 07, 2022
donjazet:
Just as I said 2 years ago.
Again and again. cheesy

Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:37am On Sep 07, 2022
Adiwana:

Man, it’s been just 2 games post transfer window. Yes, the footballing hasn’t been great but it’s not like the man has lost every single game he has played this season. Leicester are bottom of the league with no wins and are yet to sack Rodgers. Madrid lost their first champions league game last season and still won the competition.

Teams, players and managers go out of form all the time. The season barely started. It’s not like it’s the most crucial stage of the season. Back your managers ffs

I wasn't talking about Tuchel there besides, his dismissal came as a shock to everyone and just like every genuine fan we all are not happy because it came too early but then we must move on and support the incoming Mauricio Pochettino.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:38am On Sep 07, 2022
donstan18:
Zidane isn’t who some of you think he is.

Know this.
I hope nobody wants to bring Zidane to my club?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:38am On Sep 07, 2022
Greatihex:
Yet another stupid decision from club management after Sterling signing. Yeye management.

As in!

How can you, from wanting to negotiate contract extension barely two weeks ago, to sacking a coach just a week after transfer window close?

Something must have happened just before, during or after the Dinamo Zagreb match.

This looks like a on-the-spot decision.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Santos07: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2022
The darling Manger,just give him a chance he will do wonders

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2022
timbros:
Wow! Just wow.

I clearly remember how Mourinho left Chelsea in 2007. Similar circumstances. I clearly remember that 1-1 draw away to Rosenborg in opening game of that season's UCL. That match too pain me. By morning, the announcement was made...

Same thing happen again. UCL match day 1. No win away to a "small team". Sack in the morning.

Well we move...

Wetin surprise me pass is sacking a coach after him point and kill £250m+ worth of players. So if a new coach come and decide Fofana, Cucurella etc are not his type of players nko, so another set of deadwood to dispose? We still have loan players all over. Na wao...

If my memory serves me right that match was at the bridge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:40am On Sep 07, 2022
Ibime:

You will finally agree with me that Tuchel was a bus parking manager.
In the past 20 years, which manager has come to Chelsea that is not a bus parking manager that was successful and stayed more than 2 or 3 years? Which manager?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LMDyaya(m): 11:41am On Sep 07, 2022
grin

Scenes when this people actually hire ole,lmao
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2022
FBS:

Let's even leave the "how" or "why" out of it, you want Azpi to run 50m at full speed? hahahaha.
Have pity nah Unlimited!
No, I won't have pity grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2022
popizaino:

My anecdote should have given you the answer to this question but since you don't know let me answer you accordingly. I am very patient fan,i believe there can be only one winner and i don't task my manager to win at all cost but play me some good football by attacking and creating the good chances as i believe this will eventually translate to winning in the long run. And in cases were you are playing beautifully and creating good chances without scoring then i know it is the personnel problem and wouldn't call you out. Tuchel wasn't playing beautifully well and neither were we creating good chances. Pep Guardiola's first season at man city was exactly this way and that is why I defended him.

I hope i have answered all your questions?
so we should hire poch and arteta and keep them for 5 years since you are looking for beautiful football

I don’t mind simeone style so long as we keep winning
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2022
I've done all my rantings and wailings last year. I no get strength for another one.
Like I said, the shelf life for any coach now in this club is just 2 years. Which makes it undesirable for any top coach who hopes to build a team for us.

Chelsea can say goodbye to ever getting any coach like Guardiola or kloop.
Guardiola was minutes away from being trophyless last season. Kloop was trophyless 2 seasons ago.
THEY WEREN'T SACKED.
Tuchel won 2 trophies and got to 2 finals and is sacked.

donjazet:

You are a reactionary fan. This same chelsea team were one of the highest goal scoring team's among the top 5 leagues. Likewise this season.

The key question is, why will a board hire an inexperienced rookie to manage a big club like chelsea??
The logic of his appointment was that "chelsea wanted an identity". We wanted a manager who was one of us and who also will play attacking football, ingratiate our youth player's into the first team and compete at the top. We wanted to copy barcelona's model which has lasted for 15 years.
The management board said they wanted to depart from short-terminism and promised to give lampard 3 year's to carry out this mission. They wanted to follow in the footsteps of liverpool and mancity.
Why would they revert to form on the first sight of trouble??

Now, we have reverted to type and we can now only expect that chelsea coaches have maximum shelf life of 2 year's.

I for one am very tired of this cycle.

The cycle of falling in a love with a new manager, believing in him and his process and then being heartbroken with the abrupt sacking and disruption of that process only to start again from the exact same place in 2 year's time. It is emotionally draining .

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shegzdave: 11:43am On Sep 07, 2022
izzou:

Lol

Tuchel really lost it.

Good decision from someone who just spent over 200 million
The sack was very deserving cause why is the team playing like such after spending over 200m?
Who do you think is suitable for the job?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2022
Whodeyhause come reason this matter
Na strong matter be this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2022
popizaino:

If my memory serves me right that match was at the bridge.

You are correct.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2022
Kantebets:
so we should hire pep and arteta and keep them for 5 years since you are looking for beautiful football

I don’t mind simeone style so long as we keep winning

Leave pep Guardiola.

Chelsea will be too strong for any team with Pep Guardiola besides he can't leave city now. I want a more realistic option in Mauricio Pochettino.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2022
cheers fam

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
Tlona1

There is nothing like football philosophy again in the last decade or so.

Success is the new philosophy for all big clubs now thanks to the big money football. All clubs now want success not some nonsense philosophy. That's why managers get sacked all the time immidately they start failing.

Back in the days,
La masia and few established players were barca's philosophy, today, they are big money spenders.

Galaticos was Madrid philosophy, but now, Madrid has one of the lowest netspend in Europe.

Buying cheap players and achieving success with them was arsenal thing but now arsenal has one of the biggest NetSpend in Europe.

Not firing managers is man UTD thing but how managers since Ferguson left? They fought to keep the philosophy going by keeping failures like ole for 3 seasons. 3 fhucking seasons.

I can go on and on but you get the idea.

Infact Chelsea is the only club with philosophy that all other big clubs are copying now if you look at it closely.

grin grin

If you’re backing a manager with over 250m, practically buying the players he wanted, you’re surely buying into his philosophy. He’s only had one training session with Auba and probably none with Zakaria. Just 2 games after the closing of the transfer market. 3 wins off the bounce like Manchester United, this team will be right back. Makes no sense sacking him

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2022
Adiwana:

Man, it’s been just 2 games post transfer window. Yes, the footballing hasn’t been great but it’s not like the man has lost every single game he has played this season. Leicester are bottom of the league with no wins and are yet to sack Rodgers. Madrid lost their first champions league game last season and still won the competition.

Teams, players and managers go out of form all the time. The season barely started. It’s not like it’s the most crucial stage of the season. Back your managers ffs

Like?
This sacking makes no absolutely zero sense. Which team doesn't experience poor form?

Guardiola was minutes away from a trophyless year last season.
Kloop finished 4th 2 seasons ago and went trophyless. The club believed in him and they were very close to a quadrple last season.

This season sef, Chelsea have been better than Liverpool. So what is the sense of sacking Tuchel this early after backing him?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2022
Tuchel’s ideas were no longer transmitting. He’d stopped getting through. It probably didn’t help that some of the players had been talking about his private life, and how he had a younger girlfriend as his marriage fell apart. [@MiguelDelaney]

Ahh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2022
popizaino:

Leave pep Guardiola.

Chelsea will be too strong for any team with Pep Guardiola besides he can't leave city now. I want a more realistic option in Mauricio Pochettino.
sorry I was meant to type poch not pep
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:48am On Sep 07, 2022
donjazet:

Like?
This sacking makes no absolutely zero sense. Which team doesn't experience poor form?

Guardiola was minutes away from a trophyless year last season.
Kloop finished 4th 2 seasons ago and went trophyless. The club believed in him and they were very close to a quadrple last season.

This season sef, Chelsea have been better than Liverpool. So what is the sense of sacking Tuchel this early after backing him?

There's more to this than meets the eye. Shey they were in talks over a new contract like a week ago?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:48am On Sep 07, 2022
Shegzdave:

The sack was very deserving cause why is the team playing like such after spending over 200m?
Who do you think is suitable for the job?

You guys should stop this 200m spent bla bla bla.... Transfer window just closed last week! He has just played 2 matches after the 200m spent. And don't forget that youth players are part of that 200m you are mentioning.

My point? He was not sacked because he spent 200m and failed.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2022
OGS still dey market sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:51am On Sep 07, 2022
Adiwana:

If you’re backing a manager with over 250m, practically buying the players he wanted, you’re surely buying into his philosophy. He’s only had one training session with Auba and probably none with Zakaria. Just 2 games after the closing of the transfer market. 3 wins off the bounce like Manchester United, this team will be right back. Makes no sense sacking him
if you are spending more than every other clubs, you are expecting to be more successful than every other club.

By the way, the post is about clubs generally not tuchel.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:51am On Sep 07, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

God bless tuchel.

A real prophet has no honor on his teams thread

Tuchel never experiitt

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2022
BlueMann:
Tuchel’s ideas were no longer transmitting. He’d stopped getting through. It probably didn’t help that some of the players had been talking about his private life, and how he had a younger girlfriend as his marriage fell apart. [@MiguelDelaney]

Ahh

Food don done for journalists. Everybody go come out now start to yarn nonsense all over the place.

Did they just realise this now that he is sacked?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shegzdave: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2022
timbros:

You guys should stop this 200m spent bla bla bla.... Transfer window just closed last week! He has just played 2 matches after the 200m spent. And don't forget that youth players are part of that 200m you are mentioning.

My point? He was not sacked because he spent 200m and failed.
Well, I didn’t say he was sacked cause of that...
So chill and read to understand bros.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sterlingD(m): 11:52am On Sep 07, 2022
Roman Abramovich's philosophy lives on
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2022
timbros:
Wow! Just wow.

I clearly remember how Mourinho left Chelsea in 2007. Similar circumstances. I clearly remember that 1-1 draw away to Rosenborg in opening game of that season's UCL. That match too pain me. By morning, the announcement was made...

Same thing happen again. UCL match day 1. No win away to a "small team". Sack in the morning.

Well we move...

Wetin surprise me pass is sacking a coach after him point and kill £250m+ worth of players. So if a new coach come and decide Fofana, Cucurella etc are not his type of players nko, so another set of deadwood to dispose? We still have loan players all over. Na wao...
I thought mourinhos sack was after the first mat h at Stamford Bridge against valancia. ..which ended 1-1. BtW mourimhos team was still doing well. We just won FAcup against manure...and carling Cup against arsenal. The problem was roman wanted CL

And that fofana guy looks like over the bar

(1) (2) (3) ... (15529) (15530) (15531) (15532) (15533) (15534) (15535) ... (19234) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Segedinho(m), codeb(m), dostr4(m), PDPGuy, zeusis(m), Astrid4(m), NinjaMetahuman, Puntingnoob, joezy23(m), homosapien(m), Singapore1(m), emmyluizzz, Bluelines69, Elnino4ladies, Sportsweb, humblesteve(m), BlueMann, Tesenak20, islamics(m), lateefGRDT(m), andrewbaba44, chidekings(m), KingAzubuike(f), hensben(m), Caicedobets(m), Shegzdave, ixyi(m), Vischy, fredoooooo, BlueAngel444, SimpleGuy001, SirAce, Unlimited22 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.