Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10532565 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15557) (15558) (15559) (15560) (15561) (15562) (15563) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
nihilistjnr:

The original context of discussion was what Anya said about the Queen.
Anya was talking about Britain's involvement in the Biafran war and blaming the Queen squarely for that unfortunate event.
Her take, although asinine, has some tenuous links to reality, in that the Queen was the constitutional head of state of a country that provided aid to the Federal Government during the war.

Your take here however, has no grounding within the original context. Slavery in the UK for example was never legal. As early as 1562 Slavery was established as illegal under English Common Law. The vast majority of slave trade related actions happened OUTSIDE the United Kingdom in the middle passage of the Transatlantic Trade -and Britain played a huge part in ending the transatlantic slave trade - almost singlehandedly sef.

You could argue that the British Mercantile Class profited handsomely from selling human chattel, and you could argue that the profits of of the Slave trade found its way back to the UK, but what does that have to do with the Queen - and more specifically, THIS Queen?

How is it that we're going after the Queen of a country where slavery has been illegal for 600 years, instead of the various kings of Nigeria that practiced slave trade aggressively for centuries until that same Britain literally had to use violence to force them to stop

Even after Transatlantic slave trade had ENDED, slavery was still BOOMING in Northern Nigeria. Before you start calling out 'Institutional Racism' that doesn't affect 99.9% of Nigerians living in Nigeria, why are you not worrying about the descendants of the millions of slaves that constituted up to HALF the population of a Nigerian Caliphate?

It doesnt sound as woke, does it?
I don’t associate with wokeness, I don’t know why you would think that, for me it’s more about looking at big picture rationally, slavery was far more than it’s trades, we are talking about the entire industry, what those slaves produced, centuries of hardwork stolen from them, the people who profited of their labor and used that capital to build generational wealth not just for themselves but their societies, we haven’t even talked about the economical structures that they have built to maintain status quo, there are so many levers that exist, the queen is a poster child for such entitlement mentality, the very idea of a queen is insulting and the fact that msm is promoting her as some global queen of the world knowing fully well that her reputation wasn’t earned through honor but with blood makes me sick, she deserves all the dragging and more much

I don’t believe in hell, so I have zero hopes that anybody will do shit, she might be dead but we will bury her reputation with memories of all the lives that were lost or destroyed because of her

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2022
nihilistjnr:

It's all fun and games in twitter until its time to be deported back to wakanda, then you'll start hearing these wokists saying the UK isn't that bad.

This remind me of Havertz10 telling people Bongo is better than Japa, till we discovered he was a flight risk grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Anya was talking about Britain's involvement in the Biafran war and blaming the Queen squarely for that unfortunate event.
Her take, although asinine, has some tenuous links to reality, in that the Queen was the constitutional head of state of a country that provided aid to the Federal Government during the war.

Your take here however, has no grounding within the original context. Slavery in the UK for example was never legal. As early as 1562 Slavery was established as illegal under English Common Law. The vast majority of slave trade related actions happened OUTSIDE the United Kingdom in the middle passage of the Transatlantic Trade -and Britain played a huge part in ending the transatlantic slave trade - almost singlehandedly sef.

You could argue that the British Mercantile Class profited handsomely from selling human chattel, and you could argue that the profits of of the Slave trade found its way back to the UK, but what does that have to do with the Queen - and more specifically, THIS Queen?

How is it that we're going after the Queen of a country where slavery has been illegal for 600 years, instead of the various kings of Nigeria that practiced slave trade aggressively for centuries until that same Britain literally had to use violence to force them to stop

Even after Transatlantic slave trade had ENDED, slavery was still BOOMING in Northern Nigeria. Before you start calling out 'Institutional Racism' that doesn't affect 99.9% of Nigerians living in Nigeria, why are you not worrying about the descendants of the millions of slaves that constituted up to HALF the population of a Nigerian Caliphate?

E be like you enjoy history well well. Your recollections are spot on

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
izzou:
So the Irish people are saying horrible stuffs too.

I'm here to read comments anyway

Irish are big Republicans. Religion is involved as well. Some parts of UK are very Republican as well eg Liverpool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GloriousGbola: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GloriousGbola: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Ironically most of the people celebrating her tweet still defend neo-slavery. (children as househelps).

They also staunchly defended ekeremadu exploiting the resources of a poorer individual for a 'generous' fee.

And they are also selling us out as a dumping ground for dangerous Chinese products and western waste.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Ironically most of the people celebrating her tweet still defend neo-slavery. (children as househelps).

This one nor follow chief.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2022
The Queen lived a life of duty

She moved the monarchy along progressively toward humanist values. Like we all should despite the sins of our forefathers.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
[s]
GloriousGbola:

They also staunchly defended ekeremadu exploiting the resources of a poorer individual for a 'generous' fee.

And they are also selling us out as a dumping ground for dangerous Chinese products and western waste.
[/s]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
[s]
GloriousGbola:

And they are also selling us out as a dumping ground for dangerous Chinese products and western waste.[/s]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
Havertz10:
You fail to understand me, i’m more interested in the whole story, the reason i’m happy about prof Uju’s tweet is that her action has taken discuss on the subject mainstream, people from all parts of the world are sharing their thoughts on how vile western nations are, the reality here is that slavery never ended, look at guys today running to western nations looking for a good life, it’s slavery all over again, only that this time they need educated slaves with the means, it’s still the same thing, your only crime was to fall into the wrong gene pool and certain people will forever dominate you, it’s a statement of fact, irrespective of your location
I'm not here to whitewash the memories or suggest that these people are saints. But this western nation bashing people do from the comfort of said Western nation without doing some self introspection is just foolishness to me.

Victimhood is crack and if you don't wean yourself off of it you will never be free

Here you are again conflating Globalization in a capitalist world with slavery.

This idea that this world has always been this marxist, communist utopia is just not true. From the beginning of mankind people have always migrated for greener pastures

I will agree that as a people blacks and by blacks I mean FBAs are behind the curve a bit. But we live in a time where it has never been easier to be famous, make money and have some fame and notoriety. Anybody still talking about slavery and those tones is just addicted to victimhood and running a finesse.

I've never seen rich and successful black men crying about these things. We're never as a generation going to ever experience the real effects of slavery and colonialism on a scale that it was previously experienced. So to continually growl about it today is a criminal waste of our time as a people

Havertz10:
When we talk about institutional racism it supersedes any effort that African nations can make, the entire system has to be changed, that’s the angle i’m coming at this from, it’s far more than colonialism, the omnipresent shadow nature of racism in our world today isn’t talked about enough, everything feeds of the ideology that i’m better than the next man because I possess certain random features that are prioritized over morality or equity

Agreed Nobody is innocent here broadly, but certain people have been fooling others for centuries into believing that the game is fair and the problem is solely theirs
Institutional racism and racism itself is not something that is ever going to die. It will exist till the very end of the world.

The issue is certain African nations have been blessed with sufficient natural and human resources to claw their way out of this and we are not using it

Morality, Equity and all these other feel good buzzwords we use to trick ourselves. Nothing has ever been fair.

We cannot keep blaming the White man for mismanaging not one but two Oil booms. There's no amount of reparations or change in the system that will save you from that lack of accountability

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

You could have just typed the Igbo tribe, instead of three paragraphs. That would be much easier

This is petty, my chief

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

This one chose to chat shiit instead

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2022
izzou:

You could have just typed the Igbo tribe, instead of three paragraphs. That would be much easier

This is petty, my chief

Swears
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
izzou:

This is petty, my chief

Shebi you are seeing what I've been saying since.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GloriousGbola: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
izzou:

This is petty, my chief

well, yes, igbos are the chief culprits for child househelps. that is more or less anecdotal[not statistical] fact.

but it goes beyond igbos as many Nigerians have been jailed in the same uk for bringing people to be househelps, and that is defined as slavery/traffiking.

but for ekeremadu - he was defended by nigerians of all tribes. most of us seemed to think that as long as ekeremadu had paid the guy, no harm no foul. whats the difference between that and slavers giving chiefs mirrors in exchange for human beings - they too have paid.

which is why all the complaints about slavery [using human beings as resources] is hypocritical if we have no problems doing the same thing to ourselves

most of this was clearly encapsulated in FFK's staunch and robust defense that the guy was paid

it is ironic that it is now the UK jailing africans for perpetuating slavery within their borders.

and nigerians of all levels are selling us out to the chinese.

the govt is doing so [with loans we cannot repay] , and the businessmen are also doing so [with substandard goods].

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HewlettPackard: 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2022
popizaino:

Yes you are right but what happened after then ?
Who knows.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

well, yes, igbos are the chief culprits for child househelps. that is more or less anecdotal[not statistical] fact.

but it goes beyond igbos as many Nigerians have been jailed in the same uk for bringing people to be househelps, and that is defined as slavery/traffiking.

but for ekeremadu - he was defended by nigerians of all tribes. most of us seemed to think that as long as ekeremadu had paid the guy, no harm no foul. whats the difference between that and slavers giving chiefs mirrors in exchange for human beings - they too have paid.

which is why all the complaints about slavery [using human beings as resources] is hypocritical if we have no problems doing the same thing to ourselves

most of this was clearly encapsulated in FFK's staunch and robust defense that the guy was paid

it is ironic that it is now the UK jailing africans for perpetuating slavery within their borders.

and nigerians of all levels are selling us out to the chinese.

the govt is doing so [with loans we cannot repay] , and the businessmen are also doing so [with substandard goods].

Is this an explanation for your comment?

Not necessary, sir.

I only wanted to let you know you could make it a whole lot easier than typing 3 paragraphs

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2022
Havertz10:
A40

About the Japanese, it wasn’t because of the damage caused by the war, Americans were paranoid that American citizens with Japanese heritage could betray them during the war with Japan, so they rounded all of them up and locked them up in camps, it was after the war that they were released and reparations discussed

Ok I remember this story but how does it apply to Nigerians?

Do you believe Nigeria is owed reparations. Note I'm only speaking for Nigeria now I can't speak for South Africa, Congo and other places

Obviously with slave trade it's a much different argument but remember you're dealing with individuals now and not a country. Most countries were not legalizing safe trade. So where do you start and where do you stop?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
There is nothing I hate as much as whataboutism.

It's simply a deflectionary tool used in discourse to steer away from the issue at hand.

Fact: America is a land filled with racism.

Discussion is now supposed to be centered on how racism is obviously bad and efforts we could take to tackle racism and make the society more equitable for all in this modern age.

WHATABOUTISM; "what about your home country" littered with corruption, tribalism, ineffective leadership etc. Go back to your country then.

Well 2 WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. When the day presents itself to tackle a supposed issue, we tackle it too. We talk about how we can enact good leadership, how we could shed our tribal identities and see ourselves as one etc etc .

But the fact that once people bring up a dysfunctional system or situation, you revert to whataboutism shows you're on the wrong side.

As for the monarchy issue, you would be surprised that it's even more of British people that are criticizing the monarchy than "outsiders".

Go to Twitter and see how some Britain's are actually happy she's gone and hoping this brings the end to the monarchy. There is even a political party to that effect.

Britons are even more "woke" than the foreigners.

So yes, queen Elizabeth might not have had a hand in many atrocities (although there are some like suppressing Kenya's emancipation efforts) and the fact that she staunchly maintains the commonwealth which is an antique of colonial Britai, but there is a genuine feeling that she could have at least spoken out against some atrocities of the crown she inherited.

I don't join those who are speaking ill of the dead but condemning the legit points raised is unfortunate.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2022
why I go start this book , mtcheww

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2022
When I say that the British are even at the Frontline of condemning the queen and the monarchy, this is what I mean.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2022
Ibime:
The Queen lived a life of duty

She moved the monarchy along progressively toward humanist values. Like we all should despite the sins of our forefathers.

This statement would ring true if only we didn't see what happened to duchess Megan Markle and princess Diana.

Prince Charles wanted to marry Camilla but was forbidden to do so because she wasn't a virgin and had kids. The monarchy then arranged the house of Spencer because of their royal bloodline, the prince chose the first daughter but again she was rejected because she wasn't a virgin and that was how Diana was courted and arranged for the prince. The queen allowed her own son to get into a loveless marriage because of the crown.

Should we talk about Diana who was killed because she was pregnant for an Arab Muslim and the monarchy couldn't think of the next king of England being brothers with an Arabic Muslim?

Do I get into the Meghan's challenges as a black woman in the royalty that literally forced them out?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2022
donjazet:
There is nothing I hate as much as whataboutism.

It's simply a deflectionary tool used in discourse to steer away from the issue at hand.

Fact: America is a land filled with racism.

Discussion is now supposed to be centered on how racism is obviously bad and efforts we could take to tackle racism and make the society more equitable for all in this modern age.

WHATABOUTISM; "what about your home country" littered with corruption, tribalism, ineffective leadership etc. Go back to your country then.

Well 2 WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. When the day presents itself to tackle a supposed issue, we tackle it too. We talk about how we can enact good leadership, how we could shed our tribal identities and see ourselves as one etc etc .

But the fact that once people bring up a dysfunctional system or situation, you revert to whataboutism shows you're on the wrong side.

As for the monarchy issue, you would be surprised that it's even more of British people that are criticizing the monarchy than "outsiders".

Go to Twitter and see how some Britain's are actually happy she's gone and hoping this brings the end to the monarchy. There is even a political party to that effect.

Britons are even more "woke" than the foreigners.

So yes, queen Elizabeth might not have had a hand in many atrocities (although there are some like suppressing Kenya's emancipation efforts) and the fact that she staunchly maintains the commonwealth which is an antique of colonial Britai, but there is a genuine feeling that she could have at least spoken out against some atrocities of the crown she inherited.

I don't join those who are speaking ill of the dead but condemning the legit points raised is unfortunate.

I already knew the whataboutism won't last.

The point was there. I didn't see the need for Politicians, Bitter feminist and all that we read yesterday.

How she tweeted was inconsiderate and wrong, but her point was there and it cannot be erased.

Now that other nationalities that aren't black are doing the same thing Uju did, Africa can now rest

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2022
The very funny thing to see here is the fact that those who are pointing out how our country is bad and fled Lagos themselves are the same people who went out of the country only to continue fostering hatred and disunity in their country while also wishing the poor leadership witnessed over the years and decades continue. grin

If irony and hypocrisy were a person.

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
izzou:

I already knew the whataboutism won't last.

The point was there. I didn't see the need for Politicians, Bitter feminist and all that we read yesterday.

How she tweeted was inconsiderate and wrong, but her point was there and it cannot be erased.

Now that other nationalities that aren't black are doing the same thing Uju did, Africa can now rest

These people find every single means to go tribal. I keep showing larride how it so happens that one person's supporters are famed for their tribal talking points and derogatory terms to an entire tribe.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2022
Graham Potter will not be sacked should Chelsea miss out on Top 4 this season.

Via Matt Law - Telegraph
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2022
team building first cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2022
okay sack him immediately what rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2022
lastly I just want say Igbo amaka! if the tribe they pain you na you Sabi,ada uju was right even though the way she said it was harsh, Ireland Twitter was celebrating her death ,but na Igbo peopler be your problem lol ,abegi.

perhaps the real reason for the hate is because the way we say the truth it's harsh and painful .

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
THOMAS TUCHEL

Chelsea Football Club has today parted company with Head Coach Thomas Tuchel.

On behalf of everyone at Chelsea FC, the Club would like to place on record its gratitude to Thomas and his staff for all their efforts during their time with the Club. Thomas will rightly have a place in Chelsea’s history after winning the Champions League, the Super Cup and Club World Cup in his time here.

As the new ownership group reaches 100 days since taking over the Club, and as it continues its hard work to take the club forward, the new owners believe it is the right time to make this transition.

Chelsea’s coaching staff will take charge of the team for training and the preparation of our upcoming matches as the Club moves swiftly to appoint a new head coach.

There will be no further comment until a new head coach appointment is made

Frank Lampard

Chelsea Football Club have today parted company with Head Coach Frank Lampard.

This has been a very difficult decision, and not one that the owner and the Board have taken lightly.

We are grateful to Frank for what he has achieved in his time as Head Coach of the Club. However, recent results and performances have not met the Club’s expectations, leaving the Club mid-table without any clear path to sustained improvement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15557) (15558) (15559) (15560) (15561) (15562) (15563) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.