Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10572620 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15960) (15961) (15962) (15963) (15964) (15965) (15966) ... (19218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2022
Unlimited22:
BTW even if it means playing Chukwuemeka or Mount or even RLC in midfield, let this be the last time Cucurella and Chilwell start together on one flank.
BlueAngel444 is nowhere to be found..

Cucurella looking so clueless at LCB. What a rubbish team selection by Potter. I did say it before Chelsea and Brighton are 2 very different clubs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
BlueMann:
Biggest positive is that we're still unbeaten after 8 games, even though we aren't playing particularly well.

nothing positive about this game. Wait till we meet teams with good attackers. Kepa can't always save us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
Exonerate1:
Took you guys long to see how shit Chilwell is. One of the worst players I've ever seen

Some of us have always known but if we say it we will be in trouble whenever they have one good game in 10 games.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
arukwe123:
nothing positive about this game. Wait till we meet teams with good attackers. Kepa can't always save us.

I'm talking about Potter's reign in general, not the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2022
A midfielder scored for manU,,but no Chelsea midfielder would have rescued us if we were trailing a goal down

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2022
BlueMann:

I'm talking about Potter's reign in general, not the game.
and who is the Coach in charge?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
ezra01:

I wish he is much taller.
that goal is avoidable
however, he did a decent job today.

100% agree
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dirtyyansh: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
Havertz10:
Player of the season grin

A big fool, that is what you are undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
macjireh:
A midfielder scored for manU,,but no Chelsea midfielder would have rescued us if we were trailing a goal down

A midfielder assisted for Man United,,but no Chelsea midfielder would have rescued us with a brilliant pass to goal if we were trailing. We suggested such players but they said they are ok with mediocre players.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2022
Sterling should never wear chelsea jersey again!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dirtyyansh: 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2022
popizaino:

When,where and who did Andres iniesta score ?

Chelsea scored within 9minutes of play, it is different.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Gboy1026: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2022
Havertz10:
Player of the season grin
Oga go and sit down, u re sounding more foolish these days.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dirtyyansh: 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
Singapore1:
Sterling should never wear chelsea jersey again!

Boehly should be flogged for signing him.
I said it when the rumour came out that we wanted him, he is past his prime.

We could have signed Gabriel Jesus instead.
Sterling is no different from Timo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
Arsenal topping the league, lost against ManU.

Klopp and Liverpool, lost against ManU.

Conte that is topping Chelsea, lost against ManU.

Chelsea with about 4 different manager are yet to win ManU in EPL since 2017.

First 30 minutes today, we were almost getting mutilated by ManU until Potter made a change, just one sub that changed our story and made ManU beg for draw in 90mins.

I may not rate Potter so high but you need to be a foolish Fraudvertz fan to slander him in this match. This same Potter won ManU 4:0 last season and won them again this season with mid table team.

Cry today, cry tomorrow, that Kovacic introduction saved us and Fraudvertz getting glued on bench saved us too.

16 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2022
Unlimited22:
BTW even if it means playing Chukwuemeka or Mount or even RLC in midfield, let this be the last time Cucurella and Chilwell start together on one flank.
After d game against Villa,,I least expected to see another combo of chilwell and cucurella....good Porter noticed d deficiency in playing cucu in a back 3 and opted for a back 4 without cucu
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ibunkun1:
Chalobah has really improved.

He always had it. Tuchel just killed his confidence after a mistake at Liverpool in January, dragging him before numerous video panels to hammer on his mistake in that game and dropping him cos of that one mistake until injury forced him back in in the cup finals.

There are very few centrebacks that can hold their own as a central midfielder in Ligue1 like Chalobah did. That should tell anyone he has the technical tools, we can see he already has the physicality and speed, the only question is whether he has the confidence (or will be given the confidence) to demand the ball and feel like part of the team. It is much easier playing CB than DM, we only need to check if he is committed to defending which he has shown

This is a boy who has pocketed Luis Diaz and Rafael Leao twice. He made ETH take off Sancho early and Rashford today

I don't think you will see any centreback capable of doing the below in midfield. Chalobah is nowhere near his full confidence yet like Rudiger was in his final season when he would just get the ball and run past players on that left. If you see the way Chalobah would receive the ball in midfield under pressure, turn and run past players at Lorient, you will know he is still feeling like a small boy in Chelsea from the way he plays. What we need to do is give such a youngster confidence, not hammer him for one or two mistakes when our established pros are even making mistakes more regularly. Below is Chalobah playing midfield in Ligue1. None.of our defenders reach this level of technique except maybe Silva.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xcuOmqLBjU

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

Boehly should be flogged for signing him.
I said it when the rumour came out that we wanted him, he is past his prime.

We could have signed Gabriel Jesus instead.
Sterling is no different from Timo.
Agenda no let u call out Tuchel..

na wa

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
Sort the midfield imbalance and watch the team dominate, what we have presently are bunch of tactical misfits.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ibime:

He had always had it. Tuchel just killed his confidence after a mistake at Liverpool in January, dragging him before numerous video panels to hammer on his mistake in that game and dropping him cos of that one mistake until injury forced him back in in the cup finals.

There are very few centrebacks that can hold their own as a central midfielder in Ligue1 like Chalobah did. That should tell anyone he has the technical tools, we can see he already has the physicality and speed, the only question is whether he has the confidence (or will be given the confidence) to demand the ball and feel like part of the team. It is much easier playing CB than DM, we only need to check if he is committed to defending which he has shown

This is a boy who has pocketed Luis Diaz and Rafael Leao twice. He made ETH take off Sancho early and Rashford today

I don't think you will see any centreback capable of doing the below in midfield. Chalobah is nowhere near his full confidence yet like Rudiger was in his final season when he would just get the ball and run past players on that left. If you see the way Chalobah would receive the ball in midfield under pressure, turn and run past players at Lorient, you will know he is still feeling like a small boy in Chelsea from the way he plays. What we need to do is give such a youngster confidence, not hammer him for one or two mistakes when our established pros are even making mistakes more regularly

u see why we were shouting and rightfully calling him out for spending lavishly on fofana...

Chalobar is a monster if given chance

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Bluelines69:
High time we stop looking to azpi as backup, he should be a backup to a backup

Na player wey Xavi wan sign 4 barca....

his sack letter is already cooking

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dirtyyansh: 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2022
Segedinho:

Agenda no let u call out Tuchel..

na wa

Tucheliban grin
I was against his haram defensive football since last season, but he was a good man.
We will never forget how he stuck with us when the chips were down.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ibime:

He had always had it. Tuchel just killed his confidence after a mistake at Liverpool in January, dragging him before numerous video panels to hammer on his mistake in that game and dropping him cos of that one mistake until injury forced him back in in the cup finals.

I don't think you will see any centreback capable of doing the below in midfield. Chalobah is nowhere near his full confidence yet like Rudiger was in his final season when he would just get the ball and run past players on that left. If you see the way Chalobah would receive the ball in midfield under pressure, turn and run past players at Lorient, you will know he is still feeling like a small boy in Chelsea from the way he plays. What we need to do is give such a youngster confidence, not hammer him for one or two mistakes when our established pros are even making mistakes more regularly. Below is Chalobah playing midfield in Ligue1. None.of our defenders reach this level of technique except maybe Silva.

I remember suggesting him for a midfield role last year and some were ridiculing my take. The guy is good and with more game he will smoothen the rough edges in his game and dominate.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

Tucheliban grin
I was against his haram defensive football since last season, but he was a good man.
We will never forget how he stuck with us when the chips were down.
I regretted he was sack but we all know Chelsea n manager..

I knew n expected d sack though cos he was clueless in d transfer window....

How on earth he didnt think about any midfielder even with more than 250m.........

I lost hope on him when he bought fofana ahead of chalobar
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
Chalobah's PL record is even more impressive than I thought. 25 games, 16 wins and no defeats, 11 goals conceded and 12 clean sheets

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
I need to watch Pulisic and Auba combination.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
BlueMann:
Chalobah's PL record is even more impressive than I thought. 25 games, 16 wins and no defeats, 11 goals conceded and 12 clean sheets
Shocking!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
Graham potter and Thomas tuchel Haram ball.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ibime:

He always had it. Tuchel just killed his confidence after a mistake at Liverpool in January, dragging him before numerous video panels to hammer on his mistake in that game and dropping him cos of that one mistake until injury forced him back in in the cup finals.

So he played midfield at Ligue 1 smiley His technique is quite good, I didn't really follow him up before TT brought him to join the first team. I'm really happy with his progress. He needs to drop more of those long passes I'm seeing here. He used to be a bit jittery then so I wasn't so convinced about him. But I love what I'm seeing from him. If he continues like this I'm sure he'll get more confident on the ball
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
Iwobi with two assists today, btw. Only KDB has more
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
airmark:

Broja should be able to aerially bully that dwarf in your central defence.

McTominay must have read this, but he was foolish. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2022
The rate at which people want Potter to fail ehn...

You would think he was the one that sacked Tuchel

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:34pm On Oct 22, 2022
Segedinho:
The rate at which people want Potter to fail ehn...

You would think he was the one that sacked Tuchel
Same people that wanted Chelsea to lose UCL finals against ManCity because Mount started.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15960) (15961) (15962) (15963) (15964) (15965) (15966) ... (19218) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, reccy(m), Puntingnoob and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.