Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,158 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10502468 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) ... (19147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
Griffon:

Yeah. The cathedral of football.
I still wonder why they don't build large capacity stadiums in England albeit they have fans that are willing to fill them up.

60K capacity is large especially compared to others amongst other EPL teams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
dmcdad:

I still wonder why they don't build large capacity stadiums in England albeit they have fans that are willing to fill them up.

60K capacity is large especially compared to others amongst other EPL teams.

Making a jump from 40K to 60K is good enough because these new stadiums will be built with the intent to expand in the future. another concern will be the ability to fill 80K just like that when we only filled 44k max in stamford bridge.

Also. why would you need 80k now? if you play football manager well, you will know that you only expand stadium bit by bit when you know for sure that your fan base has grown past its current state and you can attract more viewers to the Stadium.

60K is very logocal.

Have you been to an 80K stadium before tho? those people you see right at the very top cant see zilch. they just pay money for the experience. Barcelona stadium is an example. not everyone will enjoy watching the game.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
lordfalcao:
I like raumdueter, when you catch him, he will not qoute You again, he will use idea and do owambe

Like who can catch me on this Chelsea thread? My job is to expose ignoramus which are 90% of posters here and educate them which I have done

There is a limit. If I show you evidence and you still insist on your foolishness then I would free you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
coded01:

Bimffo na correct guy...He isn't happy with Chelsea's current position... Nobody would!
I understand sha.cheesy Even me wey no be Chelsea fan dey worried. Forget the trolling and all, I am not happy at least for the sake of the beautiful game. It's no news they make things interesting when the going is good. I need that competitiveness back. Top clubs need eachother to continue to grow. This is one of the reasons why Barça will never leave La Liga, cause if we do, the League would die.

So, I understand his feeling.grin And I am as concerned as he is.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Like who can catch me on this Chelsea thread? My job is to expose ignoramus which are 90% of posters here and educate them which I have done

There is a limit. If I show you evidence and you still insist on your foolishness then I would free you
but you will always like people to linger on your own foolishness

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
dmcdad:

I've always thought of this and I think it might have a thing to do with old architecture.

Lately, a large number of English sides have ongoing schemes to redevelop existing grounds or to move to newly constructed stadia.

This must be them moving away from the archaic architectural plans.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
lalaboi:

Making a jump from 40K to 60K is good enough because these new stadiums will be built with the intent to expand in the future. another concern will be the ability to fill 80K just like that when we only filled 44k max in stamford bridge.

Also. why would you need 80k now? if you play football manager well, you will know that you only expand stadium bit by bit when you know for sure that your fan base has grown past its current state and you can attract more viewers to the Stadium.

60K is very logocal.

Have you been to an 80K stadium before tho? those people you see right at the very top cant see zilch. they just pay money for the experience. Barcelona stadium is an example. not everyone will enjoy watching the game.
That is just me wondering anywayz. You are right about expanding over the course of time.

Sometimes I wonder what it's like watching footie at Camp Nuo where it takes about 99K or up to 100K in matches like the Clasico. I guess one good thing about Camp Nuo though is that it has a very big pitch compared to very many out there. I think that would help in its right to give a better view as opposed to when it's smaller. Don't you think?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
Griffon:

I've always thought of this and I think it might have a thing to do with old architecture.

Lately, a large number of English sides have ongoing schemes to redevelop existing grounds or to move to newly constructed stadia.

This must be them moving away from the archaic architectural plans.
I think you are right. The same way Barça wanna move on from the present structure. We wanna expand ours to 105K sitters. And we also wanna add a roof to help out when it's raining.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 4:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
dmcdad:

That is just me wondering anywayz. You are right about expanding over the course of time.

Sometimes I wonder what it's like watching footie at Camp Nuo where it takes about 99K or up to 100K in matches like the Clasico. I guess one good thing about Camp Nuo though is that it has a very big pitch compared to very many out there. I think that would help in its right to give a better view as opposed to when it's smaller. Don't you think?

The farther you are from the pitch the more difficult it is to see. So a smaller stadium is usually better for the fans
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
lalaboi:

The farther you are from the pitch the more difficult it is to see. So a smaller stadium is usually better for the fans
Of course I know a smaller stadium is better for the fans no doubts. But like I stated in my previous post, it also helps if the pitch is big. Now this doesn't equate to full fans' satisfaction like when the stadium is small, but it helps nonetheless. No?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
dmcdad:

Sometimes I wonder what it's like watching footie at Camp Nuo where it takes about 99K or up to 100K in matches like the Clasico.

Terrible mate.....You are better off watching the game at home trust me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
I believe Ibime don already expatiate this matter...

Those wen get big Arenas abroad struggle to fill them even with cheapay tickets.

Tickets prices for England na die.

Chelsea with small capacity rake in a tidy sum from match-day revenue already. We rival Bayern, dwarf Dortmund even with their Mecca-like crowds.

60,000 don do for now abeg.

With that, we will nestle in the top 3 match-day earners.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
lalaboi:

Moyes is not British

All join.. Na Scottish

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Hmmm..

The people who argued with you on the Gerrard matter??

Scud Missiles Fired??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
Dadehmola:
Hmmm..

The people who argued with you on the Gerrard matter??

Scud Missiles Fired??

Some are trolling and some are genuinely ignorant

Someone like Ibime being a seasoned football watcher cannot say anything good about Gerrard especially as a midfielder. To be honest na Ibime first expose Gerrard on this Nairaland. Nihilist was basically trolling which is what he dos almost evrytime but airmark is dumb like that he doesnt know his left from right

The same person who saw Xavi play right back in Nigeria 1999. His problem is that he sees data but doesnt know how to process them logically. to him he believes the world is flat because his room floor is flat.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ibime:

Gerrard was a disgrace in the Euros end of. Still play CM? What part of CM was he playing? The guy was outclassed in every single game he played, his long balls were excruciating to watch. Even with 3 assists, he didnt smell team of tournament and fans of Goal.com were complaining after the group stage that he wasnt in the top 25 players according to goal.com ranking which avera

coogar:

gerrard cannot play as a cm....his ineptitude caused england's loss and to think an ageing pirlo played him
off the park speaks volume. i do not think lampard
would have done better as well---the 2 dinosaurs are
past their expiry dates and should not be mentioned
in the same breath with world class midfield maestros.

Sauron1:

Gerrard is the reason Liverpool have not won a league title.
He is consistently useless.

Ibime:

Is Gerrard even a midfielder?

No Xabi Alonso, no Liverpool. Gerrard cant even control his midfield. Eeediot!!!

When it comes to passing, assisting, scoring, ground covered, tackling, dictating the midfield etc. . . . Lampard >>>>>> Gerrard

Gerrard is not a midfielder abeg. He is a forward. He lacks technical and positional sense to play midfield. When was the last time he played midfield for Liverpool? 5 years ago? This is the crux of the Gerrard/Lampard debate. Gerrard has no business trying to claim Lampards spot. He should be focusing on Wayne Rooney's position cos thats where he is truly great - as a second striker. As a midfielder? Meh. Lacking in too many departments!

Now watch this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nawa o!! All d way bak to page 53 bcoz of Gerrard!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Now watch this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Really Dayo. . .1 game? just 1 game in his whole career?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
lalaboi:

Really Dayo. . .1 game? just 1 game in his whole career?

You want us to clog Nairaland servers?

This is different from the Euro 2004 game where he was played in CM and passed to Henry for France to score the winner

This is different from the league game wnehre he played CM liverpool vs Arsenal where he passed to henry again for him to score

This is different from the CL final in 2005 where he was taken away from CM for better midfielders to play the position

This is not the one where he was useless throughout the World cup 2010 Euro 2012

This is not even the one he threw away the league title in 2014

Complaints about Gerrard go way back to 2008 on this NL alone
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Nihilist was basically trolling which is what he dos almost evrytime but airmark is dumb like that he doesnt know his left from right

cheesy cheesy cheesy

A lazy, olodo student will always hate and speak ill of his no-nonsense brilliant teacher.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

You want us to clog Nairaland servers?

This is different from the Euro 2004 game where he was played in CM and passed to Henry for France to score the winner

This is different from the league game wnehre he played CM liverpool vs Arsenal where he passed to henry again for him to score

This is different from the CL final in 2005 where he was taken away from CM for better midfielders to play the position

This is not the one where he was useless throughout the World cup 2010 Euro 2012

This is not even the one he threw away the league title in 2014

Complaints about Gerrard go way back to 2008 on this NL alone

I was of the idea that a lot of people have mentioned here that Gerrard is a better 'Overall' player for them because of his versatility and output.

No?

If Gerrard is no rubbish as you claim, why does he have so many individual awards? everyone who voted for him are blind?

Pointing out all those mistakes does not make him a lesser player. like Scholes never made a mistake all his career.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
lalaboi:

I was of the idea that a lot of people have mentioned here that Gerrard is a better 'Overall' player for them because of his versatility and output.

No?

If Gerrard is no rubbish as you claim, why does he have so many individual awards? everyone who voted for him are blind?

Pointing out all those mistakes does not make him a lesser player. like Scholes never made a mistake all his career.

The point I am making is that Gerrard is a poor Central midfielder. Which is why he sucked there and had to be shifted elsewhere.

He is good in other part of the field but in Central midfield he is below average
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
"I hope I can keep on learning, helping the team and lifting trophies over the next four years”

- Gary Cahill after signing a new four-year deal today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jaypea98: 3:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Chelsea at risk of losing another prized youngster over lack of opportunities
By Fellipe Miranda  @Brazfoot on Dec 3, 2015, 1:14a 7
Philipp Schmidli/Getty Images
 TWEET SHARE (348)
Continuing with the current theme of
Chelsea v. youth prospects , it seems that another prized youngster from Chelsea's youth ranks might be looking for a way out of Stamford Bridge. This time, it's Charly Musonda, according to Matt Law from the Telegraph . And while it's Ruben Loftus-Cheek who's drawn the ironic headlines of "Chelsea's Paul Pogba" (but in the positive sense), it's perhaps Charly Jr. who's the closer analogue to Pogba's plight at Manchester United.
Charly Musonda Jr. arrived at Chelsea along with his brothers Lamisha and Tika
in 2012 in a deal with Belgian club Anderlecht, brokered by their father and former Zambian international Charly Musonda. Since then, Charly Jr. has gathered plenty of plaudits and admirers thanks to his showings with Chelsea's U18 and U21 teams (and for Belgium's international youth teams as well), making up for his diminutive size with dominant skills and work rate.
Even though the 19-year-old just signed a contract extension in March for more four more years, Chelsea are apparently at risk of unsettling Musonda due to the
lack of opportunities given to him this season, starting in pre-season when he was excluded at the last minute from the first-team squad selected to take part in our US friendlies (to make room for eventually discarded Victor Moses, rumour has it). It's also rumoured that Musonda refused to move on loan to Vitesse to join fellow Academy players Lewis Baker, Isaiah Brown and Dominic Solanke as well as Nathan and Danilo Pantic. Despite that, Chelsea might try to point him to this direction once again to appease his demands, while also offering him yet another new deal.
Adding further fuel to rumours of discontentment, reports from Belgium (later confirmed by Musonda's father ) claim that the youngster changed agents. Previously represented by Portuguese super-agent Jorge Mendes, Musonda dismissed him to give way to Aidy Ward, the man behind Raheem Sterling's big money move to
Manchester City this summer. Plenty of ominous dots there to connect.
As potential suitors to Musonda, in case everything falls apart and Chelsea decide to cash-in early, there are several big clubs on the list, including Arsenal and
Manchester United , supposedly. There's also AS Monaco, whose interest drew comments from Charly Sr. earlier this year as he claimed his son should move out of Stamford Bridge not only for his own good but also Chelsea's.
In years past, a 19-year-old player such as Musonda probably wouldn't have had as much leverage as nowadays. But in an era in which clubs are more than willing to pay exorbitant fees to players who aren't yet at their physical or technical peak, it's all getting more difficult and complicated. Unfortunately, there are no easy answers or solutions here. We can only hope this won't peg us in the back in the near future.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
lalaboi:

Moyes is not British
moyes is British
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
Adebayor is still earning 175k a week despite last playing professional football in March...and being without a club since September.

The other day, I saw that Jamie Vardy was earning only 850 pounds per week when he was at Fleetwood town. I dont even know where the town is, yet they could afford to pay a footballer around double the average wage earned in by regular people in the UK. And this was when they were in the Conference.

If my son refuses to play football, I will sell him and make another one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BarcaBlood: 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:
Adebayor is still earning 175k a week despite last playing professional football in March...and being without a club since September.

The other day, I saw that Jamie Vardy was earning only 850 pounds per week when he was at Fleetwood town. I dont even know where the town is, yet they could afford to pay a footballer around double the average wage earned in by regular people in the UK. And this was when they were in the Conference.

How can he be earning that much when he's actually a free agent?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

lol. it's about having the talent and, most importantly, being lucky in the career. Very few footballers are successful. It's very risky and unpredictable to venture into.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
chrisley024:
lol. it's about having the talent and, most importantly, being lucky in the career. Very few footballers are successful. It's very risky and unpredictable to venture into.

It depends on what you class as success. Remember that success is both relative and subjective. The way the game works is that the most talented play in the top leagues, and the less talented find themselves in the lower leagues according to thier level.

Someone like Tom Cleverly could be seen to be subjectively unsuccessful based on the hype around him as a youngster, yet elatively succesful given that he is stealing earning Premier League Level Money with Championship Level Talent.

The difference in earnings may be widely disparate across the top and bottom leagues, but if a conference league team can pay their players as much as 44k pounds per annum-20k pounds more than the British average annual salary- then one can assume that any professional player that makes it to the Conference League or any of the 4 leagues above, is relatively successful...at least in comparison to the remaining 64 million people that live on these islands.

It is very risky true, but the rewards especially at EPL and Championship level far outweigh the risks
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

It depends on what you class as success. Remember that success is both relative and subjective. The way the game works is that the most talented play in the top leagues, and the less talented find themselves in the lower leagues according to thier level.

Someone like Tom Cleverly could be seen to be subjectively unsuccessful based on the hype around him as a youngster, yet elatively succesful given that he is stealing earning Premier League Level Money with Championship Level Talent.

The difference in earnings may be widely disparate across the top and bottom leagues, but if a conference league team can pay their players as much as 44k pounds per annum-20k pounds more than the British average annual salary- then one can assume that any professional player that makes it to the Conference League or any of the 4 leagues above, is relatively successful...at least in comparison to the remaining 64 million people that live on these islands.

It is very risky true, but the rewards especially at EPL and Championship level far outweigh the risks
actually the case of Cleverley is the luck which few do have.

Truth is that very few make it to even the conference league like you stated. But if a player doesn't, to where does he fall back on since most lack skills for any other job?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:

All join.. Na Scottish
nah man whether you are scot, irish or english or welsh you are british. At least for now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) ... (19147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22, kad199, LikeSkeSke, abimcdssi, Agadinaagwuofe and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.