Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,164 members, 7,867,383 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:00 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10762920 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16486) (16487) (16488) (16489) (16490) (16491) (16492) ... (19449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by milann: 9:40am On Dec 11, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Mehn ... I'm so pained when our brothers are shouting Africa, Morocco don't rate the continent one bit.

They played well, they tried, they're giant killers, they're good .. I'm happy for them

But all these gumbody should stop

All these weaklings(Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroun...etc) at home should be pained and motivate themselves to do more than Morocco.

You won't see Brazil celebrating Argentina's victory yesterday...in fact, Argentina fans were celebrating Brazil's defeat
I never knew dembele was supportive at defense. He was excellent yesterday. I used to think he's all about attack attack attack. andrewbaba44
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by StarchAndBanga: 9:40am On Dec 11, 2022
Who cried better?

Still think Neymar was faking it sha..

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimmarlykay(m): 9:46am On Dec 11, 2022
Debroslink:

But he dropped 6 in UCL same year including the assist of the year against PSG, so what's the fuss?

How will you expect Chelsea fans to like Iniesta,the guy suffered them in UCL. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:48am On Dec 11, 2022
milann:
I never knew dembele was supportive at defense. He was excellent yesterday. I used to think he's all about attack attack attack. andrewbaba44

Yes ,he has been supportive for defense for to French team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by milann: 9:54am On Dec 11, 2022
KingAzubuike:

All those morroco, Tunisia, Libya, Algeria , Egypt are more Arab.. forget geography or tectonic plate talks..they themselves always feel disgusted associating themselves with africa.
People sef and their parochial mentality. it's like saying African Americans are not Americans because they have dark skin like me. Go to Brazil, blacks are there, Asians are there, coloured are there, Latinos and mestizos are there. Yet they identify as Brazillians. Same with south Africa, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Ecuador, Colombia, Mexico, Britain, Germany, Argentina, Costa Rica, India, Saudi, Afghanistan Portugal and so many other racially diverse nations. Color of your skin shouldn't be a criteria for identifying with a continent. That is why countries naturalize.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by milann: 10:03am On Dec 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Yes ,he has been supportive for defense for to French team
does he have a weak foot?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlaqFaze: 10:25am On Dec 11, 2022
milann:
Unlike Mbappe, Dembele works very hard in defence...he tracks back alot and uses his pace to disturb fullbacks both in attacking and defending
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlaqFaze: 10:27am On Dec 11, 2022
milann:
People sef and their parochial mentality. it's like saying African Americans are not Americans because they have dark skin like me. Go to Brazil, blacks are there, Asians are there, coloured are there, Latinos and mestizos are there. Yet they identify as Brazillians. Same with south Africa, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Ecuador, Colombia, Mexico, Britain, Germany, Argentina, Costa Rica, India, Saudi, Afghanistan Portugal and so many other racially diverse nations. Color of your skin shouldn't be a criteria for identifying with a continent. That is why countries naturalize.
This is where Racism comes in...the originals will never see the foreigners as one of them

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlaqFaze: 10:29am On Dec 11, 2022
StarchAndBanga:
Who cried better?

Neymar was crying after the final whistle in the Copa America final.... moments later he was seen laughing with Messi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 10:38am On Dec 11, 2022
our third Choice keeper ,is likely to start today,that nihga hardly gets minutes, I'm surprised he is not pushing to leave, just behaving like naija man
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 10:38am On Dec 11, 2022
patrickmuf:
Ramos missed a header which should have found the net and Pepe too in the dying minutes of the game. If Giroud is presented with any of such chances, he will score...Morocco have performed reasonably well but they're up against France, it will be their biggest test to date...

Portugal had all their attackers on the pitch and were able to just create one chance from crossing in the second half. Morocco has conceded only one goal throughout the tournament and that’s an own goal.

France only aerial threat is Giroud and are not like Portugal that have players that can attack the ball from the air. Those runs in behind from Mbappe and Dembele will be very limited cause just like yesterday, Morocco will always have 3 players on a player when the ball goes wide.

This match is pretty much a 50/50 game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristoBam: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

They were even dragging rashford too that almost equalized for them at the end. If not for the fact that we have some players in that team I wouldn't support them. Stupid racists.
Lol na these Arab and indians dey do this thing. Nothing concerns them with an England victory, but they do it for fun.
Very few of them are actually British.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2022
Debroslink:

Xavi was there when Rivaldo and Figo ruled. Both left, and Barca couldn't trust Xavi to run the midfield. They had to buy Ronaldinho and Deco. Van Bommel also came to run my midfield. Despite having over 150 caps for Barca, Spain couldn't trust him to handle the midfield, so he was benched in Euro 2004. Barca won UCL and La liga in 2006 but Xavi could only contribute 0 goal and 1 assist.

After 10 years as a passenger in Barcelona, the rise of prime Iniesta in 2008 gave Xavi's career a boost. All the noise of Xavi was from 2008 - 2012.

Where was Iniesta from 2002 to 2008 until Xavi gave him career?

Your agenda won't work

When they made Xavi the focal point of Spain and Barca midfield, both teams went into stratosphere, carrying the unproductive Eunuch Iniesther along

Xavi was the golden ball of Euro 2008, that was the start of the domination with Xavi at the vanguard, while Iniesta was nobody in that tournament

After Xavi achilles packed up, Barca could no longer dominate midfield. They tried for years to get Iniesta to play Xavi position, Iniesta just didn't have it

Iniesta is Spanish Kovacic, dribbling upandan with no end product

This is where Xavi gave Iniesta career in Euro 2008. Pep copied Aragones and the rest is history.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimmarlykay(m): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2022
AnfieldFan:

I said my predictions are voided if penalties get involved....
I predict France to go through tonight, but if penalties get involved, my prediction is voided...

Penalty was involved in Croatia but you counted it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2022
Bro is always smiling, even on the brink of elimination grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2022
Ibime:

Where was Iniesta from 2002 to 2008 until Xavi gave him career?

Your agenda won't work

When they made Xavi the focal point of Spain and Barca midfield, both teams went into stratosphere, carrying the unproductive Eunuch Iniesther along

Xavi was the golden ball of Euro 2008, that was the start of the domination with Xavi at the vanguard, while Iniesta was nobody in that tournament

After Xavi achilles packed up, Barca could no longer dominate midfield. They tried for years to get Iniesta to play Xavi position, Iniesta just didn't have it

Iniesta is Spanish Kovacic, dribbling upandan with no end product

This is where Xavi gave Iniesta career in Euro 2008. Pep copied Aragones and the rest is history.

2006, while Xavi was dropping 0 goal and 1 assist a whole season in UCL and La liga wins, young Iniesta produced a better stats and helping Barca in UCL final.

Iniesta produced 6 assists in UCL, Barca won treble, and Xavi was rooted on the bench with seat belt. Iniesta won MOTM in the presence of MSN in UCL without Xavi.

Iniesta made 2015 UEFA team of the year without Xavi
Show us a tournament where Xavi made all-star team without Iniesta.

Aragones took Xavi to WC 2006 and what happened? The coach had to apply wisdom and added Iniesta to Euro 2008 to give Xavi a career. Iniesta was also the team of the tournament so kini big deal?

For 10 seasons, Xavi was always in the shadows of Rivaldo, Figo, Deco, Ronaldinho. Even Van Bommel that spent one season outshone Xavi.

All the noise of Xavi is from 2008-2012. Even in 2012, Iniesta was Euro's best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:19am On Dec 11, 2022
Debroslink:

2006, while Xavi was dropping 0 goal and 1 assist a whole season in UCL and La liga wins, young Iniesta produced a better stats and helping Barca in UCL final.

Iniesta produced 6 assists in UCL, Barca won treble, and Xavi was rooted on the bench with seat belt. Iniesta won MOTM in the presence of MSN in UCL without Xavi.

For 10 seasons, Xavi was always in the shadows of Rivaldo, Figo, Deco, Ronaldinho. Even Van Bommel that spent one season outshone Xavi.

Shut up about what Iniesta won after Xavi gave him life

Show.me what Iniesta achieved before 2008 when Xavi made him.

You said Xavi did nothing before 2008, then start telling me about nonsense Iniesta won after 2008

Xavi kicked off the run and set the template in 2008

Show me any individual award Iniesta has before Xavi started cooking food for him from this tournament here

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2022
Good morning o ... who help me see Chic2pimp abeg ...

On the other hand , we're still GOATING and GHOSTING

LIONEL OLUWAMESSI AKANMUADE grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2022
Iniesther is the biggest fraud and carryalong in the history of professional football

An AM that will ghost all tournament while his teammates are cooking.

The only thing Iniesta has ever done in International football is score a 1v1 with the goalkeeper after being carried all tournament.

Iniesta is a case of "If you take a horse to the stream every game, one day he will drink". That's why a Eunuch with the goal record of a centreback and the assist record of a defensive midfielder will have one or two things to show when others take him to finals consistently.

This is how Xavi gave Iniesta an International career:

Xavi:

7 goals and assists in Spain knockout matches including 3 assists in finals.

2008 Euro final vs Germany 1-0 - xavi assist,
2012 Euro final vs Italy 4-0 - two xavi assists,
2010 WC semi vs Germany 1-0 - xavi assist,
2010 WC QF vs portugal - 1-0 xavi assist.
2010 WC 2nd round vs Paraguay, 1-0 - xavi assist

Iniesta:

2008 Euros - 3-0 win Vs Russia - Iniesta assist in a match they were comfortable

2010 - 1 World Cup final goal after being carried along all tournament with no contribution.

Show me one Iniesta contribution in knockout stage of International tournaments apart from this

While Xavi was producing the match winning efforts in all the tight games, the horse was being carried to the stream time and again and not contributing nothing until Fabregas gave him an easy layup in WC final

For Barcelona, Xavi provided the midfield domination with 100 passes per game while Iniesta could barely top 60. Messi and co provided the goals while Iniesther entertained himself with dribbles like Kovacic, providing neither the goals nor the midfield domination that made Barca successful. After Xavi packed up, Barca midfield domination evaporated. It took MSN to emerge 3 years later to blow teams away with a combined 122 goals before Barca could win again. I emphasise this point - MSN scored 122 goals between them in 2014-15, same time Iniesta went one calendar year without a single assist in the league. Spell carryalong for me.

The biggest fraud in the history of frauds, the biggest carryalong in the history of carryalongs, and the luckiest footballer in history. Someone who is no better than Kovacic at anything in football

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nirvana101: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2022
StarchAndBanga:
Who cried better?

Na na na....

With all the veins on his face?

It's known fact that Neymar is a drama/theatrics king but there's no way he's faking those tears. I mean consider the following:

1). The last minute extra time equaliser by Croatia is heart wrenching enough even for the neutrals not to talk of the players.

2). He's already 30 and considering his injury records, this may very well be his last world cup

3). Neymar is yet to win a "first tier" trophy with Brazil considering Confed cup is no more FIFA listed.

4). Brazil were the top 2 favourites and he felt this was his chance

5). South Americans especially Brazilians are extremely emotional; They cry like kids when adversity takes the place of prosperity.

I don't think he was faking those tears at all. The thing really pain am. E pain me too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2022
FBS:
It would be very hard not to agree that Popizaino was quite smart with his choices and unless the likes of Ziyech, Kramaric, Gvardiol pull off some magnificent performances, Popi is likely to win this one seeing donstan18 is absolutely powerless.

Wait o.

You said we shouldn’t choose any of the OGs. Like Neymar, Messi, Mbappe, etc.

Is Harry Kane not an OG himself?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:40am On Dec 11, 2022
Giroud and the Morrocan coach Regragui were teammates at Grenoble back in 2007.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2022
Debroslink:

Aragones took Xavi to WC 2006 and what happened? The coach had to apply wisdom and added Iniesta to Euro 2008 to give Xavi a career. Iniesta was also the team of the tournament so kini big deal?

So in summary, Xavi was just a normal guy, nothing special?

Yet, if the bring Zidane or another midfielder to debate Xavi, same you will rage like it's an abomination.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Aflix(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2022
BlueMann:
Giroud and the Morrocan coach Regragui were teammates at Grenoble back in 2007.
Na Giroud be that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:56am On Dec 11, 2022
Sportsweb:

Yet, if the bring Zidane or another midfielder to debate Xavi, same you will rage like it's an abomination.

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2022
Sportsweb:

Zidane ahead of Xavi. No debate!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2022
Debroslink:

Zidane ahead of Xavi. No debate!
Zidane v Iniesta?

This trap

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
TrebleChamp:
True, he has been a workhorse for France....

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
Sportsweb:
Zidane v Iniesta?

This trap

Zidane over Iniesta. No cap. Mention another midfielder aside Zidane, and debate may come up.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
Adiwana:

SouthGate has done a fantastic job but removing Saka who was the best player on the pitch yesterday for Sterling epitomizes SouthGate’s England career so far. He’s decision making in key moments is very questionable. He’s lost all the big games he’s played against decent oppositions and to me he may not just have enough to cross that crucial line.

As for Portugal, to me, they should move on from Santos. He too has not been bad, has dealt with Ronaldo situation pretty well and has trophies to show for it but at times things needs to be freshened up and new ideas are needed.
No lies his in game management is the reason we term him southmumu, England were holding France by the scruff of the neck with saka disturbing theo, he removed him and put sterling who is out of form, You're back chasing the game and you put mount instead of a Madison or TAA, the decision almost paid off with mount winning the penalty Kane later spurned sha
England were the better side for most of the game yesterday and another day could have won so credit to Southmumu for that but england is also a top footballing nation with quality everywhere on the pitch so they shouldn't be beating weaker opposition just to stumble at the "real big test" they face at the tournament after getting past the easier wing of the knockout journey compared to others
Check the sequence
WC 2018: Semifinals loss vs Croatia who might not be the biggest of names but have a very pragmatic coach and midfield
UNL 2019: Semifinals loss vs Netherlands
Euros 2020: Finals loss vs Italy
Yesterday: Quarters vs France
And the funny thing is that this was a tournament most of the top sides like Germany, Spain, Brazil, Portugal, Italy were either weak, in transition, out already or didn't qualify
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
Debroslink:

Zidane over Iniesta. No cap. Mention another midfielder aside Zidane, and debate may come up.
Am Shocked o. I didn't expect this

This is actually the first time I have seen a Barca fan admit any midfielder dead or alive is better than one of Xavi or Iniesta.

Are you sure you are Barca fan grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by StarchAndBanga: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
Debroslink:

Shaku shaku aside, is Iniesta better than Bruno Fernandes? tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16486) (16487) (16488) (16489) (16490) (16491) (16492) ... (19449) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DonPablo9511, BlueAngel444, forgiveness, MeMiTi, zeusis(m), afrodoc2, swiz123(m), viciati(m), Jodera, BlueRayDick and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.