Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,774 members, 7,862,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10738769 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16654) (16655) (16656) (16657) (16658) (16659) (16660) ... (19404) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2022
Odunharry:
grin grin wahala on top Messi matter..

Make uns rest sef
Like I don’t even get the issue here, even without the World Cup, Messi’s legacy is unmatched

Ronaldo and his people should find their level, it was never even close

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2022
zeusis:

Not sure which is more shocking here. The offer of 6 year contract or that he snubbed it grin grin
nna eh see boehly o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:

This life sha

This guy was the best GK at the ucl then ,don’t really know what happened to him
na so na , anyways I won't mind Barca keeper though,if we give una like £50m, una go use am clear wage
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2022
Arizoner:
he is supposed to take a pay cut for his costly mistakes
exactly, instead he is getting more cocky
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2022
forgiveness:

Records

*Joint-most goals for Brazil national football team: 77 (95 including unofficial friendlies) (tied with Neymar)

*Highest goals-per-game ratio (0.84) for Brazil national football team

*Highest goals-per-game ratio (0.84) of any South American top international scorer

*Highest goals-per-game ratio (2.33) of any leading scorer in the Intercontinental Cup

*Most goals in the Intercontinental Cup: 7

*Most goals for Santos: 643 (in 659 competitive games)

*Most goals scored in a single Campeonato Paulista season: 58 (in 38 competitive games,1958)

*Most goals in a calendar year (recognised by FIFA): 127 (1959)

*Most hat-tricks in world football: 92

*Most career goals in world football (including friendlies): 1,283 (in 1,363 games)

*Most FIFA World Cup winners' medals: 3 (1958, 1962, 1970)

*Youngest winner of a FIFA World Cup: aged 17 years and 249 days (1958)

*Youngest goalscorer in a FIFA World Cup: aged 17 years and 239 days (for Brazil vs Wales, 1958)

*Youngest player to score twice in a FIFA World Cup semi-final: aged 17 years and 244 days (for Brazil vs France, 1958)

*Youngest player to score a hat-trick in a FIFA World Cup: aged 17 years and 244 days (for Brazil vs France, 1958)

*Youngest player to play in a FIFA World Cup Final: aged 17 years and 249 days (1958)

*Youngest goalscorer in a FIFA World Cup Final: aged 17 years and 249 days (for Brazil vs Sweden, 1958)

*Youngest player to score twice in a FIFA World Cup Final: aged 17 years and 249 days (for Brazil vs Sweden, 1958)

*Youngest player to start a knockout match at a FIFA World Cup

*Youngest player to reach five FIFA World Cup knockout stage goals

*Youngest goalscorer for Brazil national football team: aged 16 years and nine months (Brazil vs Argentina, 1957)

*First player to score in four successive FIFA World Cups

*One of only five players to have scored in four different FIFA World Cup tournaments

*One of only five players to have scored in two different FIFA World Cup Finals

*Scored in two FIFA World Cup Finals for winning teams (shared with Vavá)

*Most assists provided in FIFA World Cup history: 10 (1958–1970)

*Most assists provided in a single FIFA World Cup tournament: 6 (1970)

*Most assists provided in FIFA World Cup Final matches: 3 (1 in 1958 and 2 in 1970)

*Most assists provided in FIFA World Cup knockout phase: 6 (shared with Messi)

*Most goals from open play in FIFA World Cup Final matches: 3 (2 in 1958 and 1 in 1970) (shared with Vavá, Geoff Hurst and Zinedine Zidane)

*Only player to reach 25 international goals as a teenager

*Only player to score in a FIFA World Cup before turning 18

*Only player to score a hat-trick in a FIFA World cup before turning 18

*Only player to have scored a hat-trick in the Intercontinental Cup

Imagine, Messi just dey reach some of dis level after decades of active football and still trying to catch up. shocked

These are the doings of a GOAT, unlike Expert17 list that reads like a laundry list of a desperate old man playing million matches over 3 decades

Imagine these disgraceful doings he put for Messi. Tell me someone desperately hustled in 3 different decades without telling me he couldn't achieve much. And he had the nerve to say Pele could never

Oldest and youngest yada yada yada, 5 different tournaments yada yada yada, chasing something Pele did easily at 17

Expert17:

* Lionel Messi is the only player to assist goals at four and five different World Cup tournaments.

* Lionel Messi is the oldest player to win the World Cup Golden Ball (35 years, 178 days).

* Lionel Messi holds the record for the longest period between a player’s first and most recent World Cup goals (16 years and 183 days).

* Lionel Messi is the only player to score a World Cup goal in his teens, 20s and 30s.

* Lionel Messi is one of only six players to appear at five different World Cup tournaments – Antonio Carbajal, Lothar Matthaus, Rafael Marquez, Cristiano Ronaldo and Andres Guardado are the others.

* Lionel Messi is the only player in World Cup history – at least since such records began in 1966 – to score and assist a goal in four separate matches.

* Lionel Messi is the youngest and oldest player in World Cup history to score and assist a goal in the same match.

Dominating Mr. Vasco Da Farmer everywhere.....E Choke grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
na so na , anyways I won't mind Barca keeper though,if we give una like £50m, una go use am clear wage

You done start to recommend another Kukuruku and Fofana to us again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

You done start to recommend another Kukuruku and Fofana to us again
cheesy, Marc ster gen is not bad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2022
journalist,Ben jacobs revealed the reason Chelsea gets ahead of competition for youngsters is because Chelsea are willing to "overpay" than the Rest of their completions ,the approach was used on Santos, chukwuemeka, Hutchinson etc.,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 11:14am On Dec 22, 2022
Bimffo:

Then too. Brazilian league was best in the World and Pele was best paid player in the world.

The point remains la liga was never a farmers league ,so the toy I quoted was totally wrong

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

Won’t trade ter stegen for any amount .

Kepa is a good GK ,so I don’t think Chelsea have GK issues
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Won’t trade ter stegen for any amount .

Kepa is a good GK ,so I don’t think Chelsea have GK issues
kepa is unreliable,let see Sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

You will not whitewash history by being selective. If a guy plays 10 tournaments and flopped in 7, he is far from dominant

Messi flopped in 2006 WC, 2010 WC, 2018 WC

His 2014 was meh, with no impact in the knockout stage

He flopped in 2011 Copa, 2019 Copa clearly

Bullied by Robinho of all people in 2007 Copa

He scored one goal in 2015 Copa but somehow won the polling booth, same as 2014 ojoro

Only time he achieved success was using Croatia pattern of finding a strong penalty saving goalkeeper. Even when he won, he was not dominant outside of penalties with only goals against France and Holland in all the top tier teams he faced in the World Cup. Compared to Pele who was supremely dominant

Messi is the Pepe of GOATS, the old man who keeps going to tournaments hoping it would finally click

Now name one international tournament Pele flopped in

All what you put up there is subjective hogwash not fit for objective intellectual scrutiny. The fact is that he won six tournament golden balls out of a possible 12 major international tournaments which is an excellent international record. Pls name one player other than Messi that won best player in half of all tournaments played. Just one!

Pele shined individually in 2 World Cups, Messi also did same in 2014 and 2022. Now Pele cannot match Messi's prowess at club level which is why Messi has usurped him in the ultimate GOAT ranking.

Pele o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2022
Chelsea going after another youngsters,Vitor roque ,17, years ,plays like Memphis depay ,can play anywhere in front,lots of footwork.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2022
ThierryJay:

All what you put up there is subjective hogwash not fit for objective intellectual scrutiny. The fact is that he won six tournament golden balls out of a possible 12 major international tournaments which is an excellent international record. Pls name one player other than Messi that won best player in half of all tournaments played. Just one!.

There's nothing subjective about saying a nigga with one goal collecting golden ball is a fugazi as Messi did in Copa 2015, and a nigga with no impact in the knockout stage in 2014 WC collecting golden ball is a fugazi, which even the President of the awarding body confessed to

The streets know Messi has only collected 2 legitimate golden balls and flopped clearly in 7 tournaments out of 11. You even had to sneak in the nonsense Finalissima to bolster his stats

Now name the tournament Pele flopped in. You have 4 World Cups, 1 COPA and 3 IC Cups to choose from, that's 8 tournaments with 5 best player awards, 1 young player award (should have been best player), 4 golden boots and the other 2 tournaments he was kicked off the pitch (but not before scoring). That's dominance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2022
Joezinho:
Muani should watch Ramires chip goal against Barcelona..

The audacity to pull that in a game in which Chelsea was under immense pressure plus one man down..

That goal against Valdes still remain Goated.

Ramires' was even much more difficult to execute, as the ball was on the turf.

Popizaino disappointed me by claiming his best bet was to shoot there. I thought he understands football more than his Ogbomosho brother, Dayo before. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

There's nothing subjective about saying a nigga with one goal collecting golden ball is a fugazi, and a nigga with no impact in the knockout stage collecting golden ball is a fugazi, which even the President of the awarding body confessed to

The streets know Messi has only collected 2 legitimate golden balls and flopped in 7 tournaments out of 11. You even had to sneak in the nonsense Finalissima to bolster his stats

So Zidane collecting World best with only 2 goals in WC final na fugazi. Modric winning WC golden ball with 1 goal in 2018 na fugazi? For you to equate golden ball with number of goals shows great deficiency in your football analytical acumen.

FIFA has demonstrated time and time again that goals scored by an individual do not necessarily equate to being the most impactful else why was Greizmann that was without a single goal being touted for golden ball before this years final?

And no I did not add Finalissima as you alleged, it was 2008 Beijing Olympic that I included.

Pls stick with those otondo streets you talk of with your beer-parlour conclusions.

The smart knowledgeable ones in football know that Messi has cemented his status as a better player than Pele. Heck you were previously in this elite group back in 2010, what changed?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2022
ThierryJay:

So Zidane collecting World best with only 2 goals in WC final na fugazi. Modric winning WC golden ball with 1 goal in 2018 na fugazi? For you to equate golden ball with number of goals shows great deficiency in your football analytical acumen.

Zidane did not collect Golden ball in 1998 and Messi did not score in 2015 final to compare with Zidane, plus he lost unlike Zidane and even lost his penalty in the shootout. How more fugazi can you be?

Modric is a midfielder

Any forward that goes to tournament and collects golden ball with one goal and didn't win the tournament is a fugazi

Any forward that collect golden ball with no knockout stage impact where even the FIFA President confessed is a fugazi. . . is a fugazi

We are only taking of the dodgy awards now,not the tournaments where he clearly flopped, of which there are numerous

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

Zidane did not collect Golden ball in 1998 and Messi did not score in 2015 final to compare with Zidane, plus he lost unlike Zidane and even lost his penalty in the shootout. How more fugazi can you be?

Modric is a midfielder

Any forward that goes to tournament and collects golden ball with one goal and didn't win the tournament is a fugazi

Any forward that collect golden ball with no knockout stage impact where even the FIFA President confessed is a fugazi. . . is a fugazi

No K.O impact, yet he assisted Di Maria in the 2nd round from a brilliant solo dribbling run, twisted the Belgian markers to create space for Higuain's goal in the QF. Maybe you watching a different WC in an alternate dimension.

Your fugazi submissions do not have a logical basis as you are not the one who created the parameters for best tournament player of which there have been several winners who did not score much but made significant impact in their teams success whether they won or got to the final.

So you see, I cannot argue with self-imposed illogicality.

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2022
I will take chukwuemeka over jorginho any day anytime,I wasn't kidding when I said anybody is better than him

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:56am On Dec 22, 2022
Bimffo:

He went to Barcelona to get himself disgraced in a meeting with FCB officials.

After the meeting, Journalists wanted to interview him, he just said 'Good food, Great meal'. grin

You are the owner of a big club, why are you going all over Europe alone and by yourself for meetings in a terrain you don't fully understand. grin

You are new to European football, why take all the responsibility on yourself alone?

Even Abrahomovic left the people he met when he first came, for at least a season. He learnt and understood.

Not Boehly. He thinks any1 gives 2 fvcks that he is american.
You should be a story writer. hahahahaa.
Boehly knows. lol.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:59am On Dec 22, 2022
airmark:

Ramires' was even much more difficult to execute, as the ball was on the turf.

Popizaino disappointed me by claiming his best bet was to shoot there. I thought he understands football more than his Ogbomosho brother, Dayo before. angry

popi ngbo? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2022
ThierryJay:

twisted the Belgian markers to create space for Higuain's goal in the QF. Maybe you watching a different WC in an alternate dimension.

Are you alright? Messi played a nothing pass in midfield to Di Maria, who tried to play another pass to the right back and it deflected and somehow ran kindly for Hugain. When you want to do fraud, you will start making up shyt that doesn't exist to justify the fraud, that's why it's a fugazi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hkBW25AhBI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2022
Santos and casadei plays box to box ,will be interesting to see how this all plays out, we still need a left winger in the left flank ,odoi not reliable

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
Santos and casadei plays box to box ,will be interesting to see how this all plays out, we still need a left winger in the left flank ,odoi not reliable
I love having youth in the ranks but where will the experience come from? This is not secondary school football oo!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

I am far from that age. I have many seniors on here. 1994 was the first time I watched football with my senses of what I was watching, though I watched 1993 Under-17, 1992 Nations Cup and parts of 1990 WC without my full senses. So you can guess my age approximately

Omo you don like ball tey tey.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

Are you alright? Messi played a nothing pass in midfield to Di Maria, who had a deflected nothing shot that somehow ran kindly for Hugain. When you want to do fraud, you will start making up shyt that doesn't exist to justify the fraud, that's why it's a fugazi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSmS4DXt-vk

Grasping at straws aren't you now? When your illogicalities have been exposed. Why re u ignoring his brilliant direct assist to Di Maria in the second round?

And this particular impact in the QF, what you call a nothing pass was made after Messi twisted and turned over 2 belgian defenders and gave Dimaria a pass having freed him up. Without Messi's ingenuity in that moment to attract bodies and free up space, Di Maria doesnt get a pass and Higuain doesnt score. This is the smart way the technical experts looked at it and not some fugazi-screaming pseudo analyst who only sees the end product. No wonder you support Pendu.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
In Fredoooooo's voice
Ina Kwana ... Ina Messi

70 million+ and still counting ...

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
Bimffo:

Why are you gassed about a look?

Shey e go make us play well? Abi e go improve our league standing?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibukzy: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
Lol Ibeme is stubborn
ThierryJay:

Grasping at straws aren't you now? When your illogicalities have been exposed. Why re u ignoring his brilliant direct assist to Di Maria in the second round?

And this particular impact in the QF, what you call a nothing pass was made after Messi twisted and turned over 2 belgian defenders and gave Dimaria a pass having freed him up. Without Messi's ingenuity in that moment to attract bodies and free up space, Di Maria doesnt get a pass and Higuain doesnt score. This is the smart way the technical experts looked at it and not some fugazi-screaming pseudo analyst who only sees the end product. No wonder you support Pendu.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2022
ThierryJay:

And this particular impact in the QF, what you call a nothing pass was made after Messi twisted and turned over 2 or 3 belgian defenders and gave Dimaria a pass having freed him up. Without Messi's ingenuity in that moment to attract bodies and free up space, Di Maria doesnt get a pass and Higuain doesnt score. .

He didn't do anything but a half turn away from Witsel and pass. That turn and pass is a nothing move that Xavi, Modric and co do 50 times a game. Di.Maria was in no threatening position. All that happened is the ball ricocheted from the direction heading to the right back into the path of Hugain who had a lot to do to finish that ball

When you guys want to do fraud, you can say anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hkBW25AhBI

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
oliverano:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No be today Pele don dey jealous Messi nah...the thing don tey. Na why him dey update bio every week grin grin grin grin

Read below... Experience Indeed!

Neymar above messi shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pele is deluded

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
FBS:

I love having youth in the ranks but where will the experience come from? This is not secondary school football oo!
*sigh* hence the reason for the multi club model ,been repeating here times again and again, boehly will buy second club ship all of them there to gain first team experience ,if you show development faster like Hutchinson, perhaps we will just leave you at Chelsea, nevertheless trust the process,good things coming at Chelsea

(1) (2) (3) ... (16654) (16655) (16656) (16657) (16658) (16659) (16660) ... (19404) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: toluxe0075, youngZee23, odizeey(m), lordfalcao(m), zeusis(m), andrewbaba44 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.