Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10620511 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17221) (17222) (17223) (17224) (17225) (17226) (17227) ... (19268) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:45am On Feb 19, 2023
airmark:

Well, Tim.bros told us we should not expose such kind of a player. Even if he continues to play rubbish we must must clap for him like Potter. That's what true fans do. πŸ˜„

Look at the comment you quoted to make this your ridiculous post above.

I'm not sure you read it well before quoting. If you did, can you read the bolded again and tell us what you usually say about Sterling and training cones?

Agadinaagwuofe:

Who is Lordfalcao? grin. Sterling has limited football brain. Many atimes he will leave his marker behind only to lost idea what he wants to do with ball and that will mess up all his efforts. He beat his marker in eighteen yard box and chelsea is trailing behind only for him to go and hit a defender standing like a pole without any effort from the defender to displace him. I mean no good player with his brain intact does that.

Airmark is confused.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 10:48am On Feb 19, 2023
swiz123:
I want to be lenient with our players until that British Hushpuppi is sacked. I witnessed what the last British scammer did to our players.
Sadly, that's not happening anytime soon. Maybe when we enter relegation zone sha o

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:50am On Feb 19, 2023
Itsrm:

If you know anything about Jorginho, you'll know he's decent when he has not been put under pressure and has all the time in the world to pick his passess .

When you have two to three players running at him when he's with the ball, you'll see him in all his glory cheesy
Most of the criticism here have been of him passing sideways or backwards even when he's not pressed.

Abi, you wan tell me say na everybody dey press Jorginho during all his tenure at Chelsea?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:52am On Feb 19, 2023
akwesenana:
E tu joddera? cry
I dey talk wetin dey happen na grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2023
Sportsweb:
Jorginho has played four matches at Arsenal.. We didn't see any video in his first games and suddenly video are flying around after one good game..de play
Jorginho have played 3 matches for arsenal and the only match he hasn't even being praised is against Everton.

He was one of our best Midfielders against Man city (I even alluded it in my thread) and also one of the best Ystdy. Tho, like I said so far, the only thing that's his weakness is just the defensive phase.

But I'm not even talking whether he is good or not. I'm just surprised the criticism which he was known for as being a back passer or sideway passer wasn't really evident in his last two matches.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:58am On Feb 19, 2023
swiz123:
Ibime, why did our wonderful midfield post this kind of performance in the first half.

And why did Jorginho's midfield post this kind of dominance against two robust midfielders in Mcginn and Douglas Luiz.

Dominance that saw them concede two goals and could have easily conceded two more abi?

Maybe ask your boy Felix how he became a passenger in his free role in that first half

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:59am On Feb 19, 2023
Itsrm:

If you know anything about Jorginho, you'll know he's decent when he has not been put under pressure and has all the time in the world to pick his passess .

When you have two to three players running at him when he's with the ball, you'll see him in all his glory cheesy

No worry, e go shock them

It's the Jogginghoe we know, when the press is not on him, he will be forming Xavi. Put the press on him and he becomes prime Bakayoko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:01am On Feb 19, 2023
Sportsweb:
Jorginho has played four matches at Arsenal.. We didn't see any video in his first games and suddenly video are flying around after one good game..de play

No mind them, if ball did not hit Martinez back in the dying minutes, we would be hearing how Arsenal is winless since Jogginghoe arrived

The Xhaka that was balling with Partey reverted to the old useless Xhaka when partnered with Jogginghoe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:07am On Feb 19, 2023
swiz123:

CC: Popizaino, ibime grin
You no add hensben? cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:11am On Feb 19, 2023
Ibime:

No mind them, if ball did not hit Martinez back in the dying minutes, we would be hearing how Arsenal is winless since Jogginghoe arrived

The Xhaka that was balling with Partey reverted to the old useless Xhaka when partnered with Jogginghoe
The same Jorginho wey no dey take shot naim cause that bolded so oo.

Xhaka has mostly been subpar without Partey. Whether with Jorginho or not, everybody know that one

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 11:13am On Feb 19, 2023
Jodera:
Most of the criticism here have been of him passing sideways or backwards even when he's not pressed.

Abi, you wan tell me say na everybody dey press Jorginho during all his tenure at Chelsea?

Really? I must have missed those criticisms.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 11:16am On Feb 19, 2023
Ibime:

No worry, e go shock them

It's the Jogginghoe we know, when the press is not on him, he will be forming Xavi. Put the press on him and he becomes prime Bakayoko

I remember Arsenal fans when William joined. cheesy

They never learn

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:16am On Feb 19, 2023
Jodera:
The same Jorginho wey no dey take shot naim cause that bolded so oo.

Xhaka has mostly been subpar without Partey. Whether with Jorginho or not, everybody know that one

That should tell you the difference in quality between Partey and Jogginghoe

Jogginghoe was directly fingered for the first goal on MOTD yesterday, letting Watkins run off him

Small euphoria of dying second good luck rolling Arsenal way done bring out the Jogginghoe praise singers. Match that could have easily been lost seconds earlier when Bailey hit the post. Just pray for Partey return if you don't want to leave things to chance. The Arsenal that we know for shutouts and 1 goal conceded is suddenly making 2 or 3 goals conceded a habit, and you are getting carried away because you got lucky in the dying seconds

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2023
Itsrm:

Really? I must have missed those criticisms.
Maybe you did. It's only Ib.ime I know who's constantly consistent that Jorginho will turn to prime bakayoko when he's being pressed or when his defensive frailties are shown

The rest from Popi to hen.sben to Ballzproble.mm always criticize Jorginho for his sideways and back passes consistently even when he's not pressed.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:23am On Feb 19, 2023
Ibime:

Jogginghoe was directly fingered for the first goal on MOTD yesterday, letting Watkins run off him

Small euphoria of dying second good luck rolling Arsenal way done bring out the Jogginghoe praise singers. Match that could have easily been lost seconds earlier when Bailey hit the post. Just pray for Partey return if you don't want to leave things to chance. The Arsenal that we know for shutouts and 1 goal conceded is suddenly making 2 or 3 goals conceded a habit, and you are getting carried away because you got lucky in the dying seconds
Like I said, I acknowledge that Jorginho defensive abilities is not great and I'm not disputing that one with you one bit.

My issue is about those who always say Jorginho is a backpass and sideway pass merchant to come and defend themselves.

When it's time to bring facts about Jorginho defensive abilities, I'll tag you Sir grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2023
Ibime:

Dominance that saw them concede two goals and could have easily conceded two more abi?

Maybe ask your boy Felix how he became a passenger in his free role in that first half

So Felix has become the new scapegoat?

How quickly you switched from blaming the DM to blaming the AM just because of Jorginho grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:28am On Feb 19, 2023
swiz123:

CC: Popizaino, ibime grin

I am the one who complained about his back passes,ibime only talks about his defensive fragility.

That you have to tag me to this is enough to tell any well observer that Jorginho was what we talked about.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:30am On Feb 19, 2023
Jodera:
I thought most of you here said he's a backpass or sideway pass merchant??πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

https://twitter.com/Lhastim3/status/1626974130246483975?s=20
he no Dy beat press, but na press he beat to set up the first goal

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2023
Bimffo:

Jorginho has his strong points, and that's the leadership thing. Pointing hands like a conductor is his thing.

And that's the same thing he does when we are defending. He points hands to Grandpa Silva to even help him out. Papa wey we dey manage.

The shot he played yesterday, he has never played in a Chelsea shirt. He has never attempted it for the last 6 years, but if I woke up from a coma yesterday, I would have thought the weyrey has been playing that kind of shot for the better part of the decade.

Wrong on all grounds

Jorginho's mind works in terms of where the ball is moving to and where the player should be. When he points, he's directing the player in those.

Take a look at the video again and watch his movement closely. I dont understand why you guys cannot see it. I would never appreciate those headless chicken thugs that gets praised as midfielders.

Someone said earlier that if you put 2-3 players on him, he'll falter. Ideally this should be a severe disadvantage to the opposing team if his midfield partner works in sync - (There are days Kovacic works well here). U'll easily see the numerical advantage if the ball is moved faster to take them out.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2023
Bimffo:

Jorginho has his strong points, and that's the leadership thing. Pointing hands like a conductor is his thing.

And that's the same thing he does when we are defending. He points hands to Grandpa Silva to even help him out. Papa wey we dey manage.

The shot he played yesterday, he has never played in a Chelsea shirt[b]. He has never attempted it for the last 6 years, but if I woke up from a coma yesterday, I would have thought the weyrey has been playing that kind of shot for the better part of the decade.[/b]

Well said on the bolded. Before some mischievous people start quoting to point to me to his goal against Fulham,i am fully aware of it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2023
Sportsweb:

As in ehnnnn. This people just like to prove none existence points.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:35am On Feb 19, 2023
Jodera:
Jorginho have played 3 matches for arsenal and the only match he hasn't even being praised is against Everton.

He was one of our best Midfielders against Man city (I even alluded it in my thread) and also one of the best Ystdy. Tho, like I said so far, the only thing that's his weakness is just the defensive phase.

But I'm not even talking whether he is good or not. I'm just surprised the criticism which he was known for as being a back passer or sideway passer wasn't really evident in his last two matches.

This has never been true. Popi was just obsessed with elegant passes

With Jorginho, the spaces and movements determines his passes

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:37am On Feb 19, 2023
lordfalcao:
he no Dy beat press, but na press he beat to set up the first goal
Lol.. even Ibi.me wey watch the match not talk about his beating of press ystdy for the first goal but watch how he blamed the goal on Jorg after the quick counter by Cash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2023
Jodera:
Maybe you did. It's only Ib.ime I know who's constantly consistent that Jorginho will turn to prime bakayoko when he's being pressed or when his defensive frailties are shown

The rest from Popi to hen.sben to Ballzproble.mm always criticize Jorginho for his sideways and back passes consistently even when he's not pressed.

You are very right about me and it is still very obvious. I can't emphasize this enough.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2023
Ibime:

what was Ben white doing? And what was trossard doing when the ball crossed under his legs?

As usual. You never ceases to amaze us..

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2023
popizaino:

I am the one who complained about his back passes,ibime only talks about his defensive fragility.

That you have to tag me to this is enough to tell any well observer that Jorginho was what we talked about.

Pair Jorginho's stat against any DM you know and see if he's a back passer by comparison.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2023
swiz123:

So Felix has become the new scapegoat?

How quickly you switched from blaming the DM to blaming the AM just because of Jorginho grin grin

with a good midfielder, the team will commit bodies to attack. Now na Am.

Na who no know ibime

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:41am On Feb 19, 2023
lordfalcao:
with a good midfielder, the team will commit bodies to attack. Now na Am.

Na who no know ibime

He switches lane faster than Hensben these days.

Jorginho really dealt a number on him.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:44am On Feb 19, 2023
User09:

This has never been true. Popi was just obsessed with elegant passes

With Jorginho, the spaces and movements determines his passes
Lol...
Dem Cesc fabregas dem passes shebi? grin grin

I was just surprised cos his last two matches, I've seen forward passes from him that I thought wasn't there before
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:44am On Feb 19, 2023
It's just so painful that i don't know the particular time of action that saw Jorginho cowardly retiring the ball to the back instead of risking in the path of on running Azpilicueta against real Madrid two seasons ago. I even had swiz123 coming to tell me why he shouldn't pass to Azpilicueta since he wasn't a player who will scoreπŸ˜‚

Today he is the same person jumping on my mention to talk about Jorginho's progressive pass as if he had the luxury of doing so while he was at Chelsea.

@lana my gif plug can you help me out with the gif of this moment?

Chelsea vs real Madrid 2020/2021 season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:46am On Feb 19, 2023
swiz123:

Pair Jorginho's stat against any DM you know and see if he's a back passer by comparison.

Stats is never my first resort when talking about football, i have eyes.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:46am On Feb 19, 2023
popizaino:

You are very right about me and it is still very obvious. I can't emphasize this enough.
Lol ..
My man said it's very obvious grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17221) (17222) (17223) (17224) (17225) (17226) (17227) ... (19268) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, Bluelines69, Ballzproblem2, Amethyst101(m), KingAzubuike(f), Roland17(m), MonsieurCoder, ixyi(m), jpmoriarti(m), fredoooooo, BlueAngel444, Kundistrict(m), Leyqute(m), Ibunkun1(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.