Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10485837 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17797) (17798) (17799) (17800) (17801) (17802) (17803) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2023
Jodera:
I'm not mad..
You just said half-truth just to exonerate Man u ineptness in the final.

Man u didn't make it easy for them but na inter Milan made it easy for them shey? grin

De Gea gifted them 2 goals, but we should exclude Lautaro miss and Lukaku blunder too ba?

Abi nobody expected Man city to beat Una in that final ni?

No matter how you want to paint it, Man u also partook in Man city treble. And they did it with their full chest. So it's only fitting you should say it as it is

Using half-truths to pass your point no gel grin

Lool. Suit yourself.

Arsenal and United in the FA were the only semi tough ties for city this season.

Doesn't mean they didn't have it easier than the 1999 United team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 9:26am On Jun 11, 2023
Lana1:
Lol. Chelsea fans like to pretend like they dont spend money. He will soon reply you with net spend grin grin
calabash cup in the last 6 season's should sit this one out abeg .. we've won the UCl,Europa, Super cup in that time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2023
Greatihex:
some that he will be selling by next season or even January when they can't fit his style? Why did pep not keep all the players he inherited in mancity? Why did he ship out, Joe hart, jesus navas, negredo, iheanacho, etc? Was huge money not spent on getting them?
Will Pochettino enjoy the 600million worth of players Chelsea bought this season Yes or No?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2023
Capaldi:

Allow him wallow in deceit.
The way him dey talk am, person go think say Man u no follow dash Man city treble grin

The thing even vex Scholes sef cos they had the chance to stop it and they didn't. But na arsenal and Inter and semifinalist Sheffield naim dash Man city treble grin

Self deceit of the highest order grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TLona1: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2023
Outside their "comfort zones".

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2023
pkasso:
Of course. That's the barest minimum you would expect of a striker. Engage the opposing CBs and make them work with your movement and positioning. Beyond that, his holdup and linkup play in those games was average and his finishing was below his usual standard. City might as well have done it with any random striker.

I still believe it was only a matter of time before City got it right in Europe. They had been knocking on that door for a while now. Haaland was just a welcome addition, not the game changer he was made out to be when he was bought. If anything, I think Pep learned from his past mistakes and got his fair share of luck.

It is not luck. He learnt from his past mistakes.

Raumdeuter, Ibime, nihilistjnr, airmark, A40, Godx, A001, nateevs, griffon, Unlimited22 etc.

AWAY from banter, this Pep's present team is his best team that I have ever seen.
This is his most balanced team.
Not too gong ho attacking, not too defensive, good in passing, good in aerial balls, physical when needed, able to boot the ball away when needed, pulling out when needed other than always passing out from the back everytime just to prove a point to people that you are an attacking coach. All the players attack when they get the ball and all defend when they lose. This is unlike his previous teams where he thinks building a strong defensive system is not good, that the best way to defend is to attack, and that cost him all those years that he didn't have Messi to put fear in opponents not to come out and also outscore teams. He put sense ahead of emotions. Now, Pep's team can hold their own defensively unlike before, and I give him kudos for that transformation. He has shown that

We can all agree that football should be balanced and not all attacking or all defensive.

This is one reason I so much loved Tuchel's 2021 Chelsea.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2023
andrewbaba44:

You self see am nah ,but we must bash lukaku cheesy
Na you get this season;
Pep win treble, Messi win World Cup.

Messi winning World Cup is my greatest joy this season, that I couldn’t even rant against Chelsea, my heart is full of joy for Messi.
I still think Messi deserve ballon d’ or this season because Halaand didn’t score in ucl semi and final

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2023
Leyqute:

Lool. Suit yourself.
Good.

Next time, say it as it is

E no go comot "eyqute" from Ley.qute grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2023
Jodera:
The way him dey talk am, person go think say Man u no follow dash Man city treble grin

The thing even vex Scholes sef cos they had the chance to stop it and they didn't. But na arsenal and Inter and semifinalist Sheffield naim dash Man city treble grin

Self deceit of the highest order grin
Na so Man U fan dey think. Cash or not pep don rule this league and now won the most prestigious club cup for city. He has done well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2023
Godx:

Will Pochettino enjoy the 600million worth of players Chelsea bought this season Yes or No?
If they are not his type of players how will he enjoy them?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 9:32am On Jun 11, 2023
Capaldi:

Nope, Just two i think. United 2008, United 1999 and this Man city. Bayern did in 2020 but it was in empty stadiums and one legged ties so doesn't count.
Unbeaten is Unbeaten my gee. Bayern counts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:32am On Jun 11, 2023
:
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 9:33am On Jun 11, 2023
popizaino:

Never.

We have one more UCL than them.
Next season Pep will clear Super Cup and CWC..they should even have more trophies than us now

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2023
Jodera:

Good.

Next time, say it as it is

E no go comot "eyqute" from Ley.qute grin grin

Updated OP.

The biggest f-up goes to you guys tho.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:34am On Jun 11, 2023
hensben:
Na so Man U fan dey think. Cash or not pep don rule this league and now won the most prestigious club cup for city. He has done well.
Lol... No mind am

Also, good to finally see you acknowledge Pep without cash nor Messi grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2023
Godx:

This current City is not even top 2 in Pep City era. Centurions and his domestic treble side were far better to me.
Well, that's for you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2023
Leyqute:

Updated OP.

The biggest f-up goes to you guys tho.

Nope...
There will be no Man city treble without Mau u grin grin

Factos!!

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:37am On Jun 11, 2023
hensben:
Na you get this season;
Pep win treble, Messi win World Cup.

Messi winning World Cup is my greatest joy this season, that I couldn’t even rant against Chelsea, my heart is full of joy for Messi.
I still think Messi deserve ballon d’ or this season because Halaand didn’t score in ucl semi and final

Na Messi go collect am and I go carry big drum to use store people tears that day

Everything i wished for this season came through grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2023
Greatihex

Since about a couple of seasons ago, Pep has learned not to go gung ho all the time, especially in the second half of the season.

His team just scores the first goal, take their foot a little bit off the pedal, and then control the game, looking for clear cut chances to score the second and third goals.

This season is his worst league points tally for the last 3 years at least. If he continues like this, he might win the quadruple. At least, that's the way to do it. The rest depends on the relative quality of his opponents.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2023
There's a reason I rate Fergie so highly, he built one title-winning team after another. It is easy to get to the top to staying there is another thing entirely because rival teams will raise their game to unseat you.

I rate Zidane because winning the UCL 3 times in a row is unheard of.

Next season, I expect the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, and Newcastle to give City a stronger challenge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 9:38am On Jun 11, 2023
Greatihex:
nobody needs to drag him. He is a fraud.
Fraud that won 3 champions league in a row. Everybody na fraud to una.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 9:39am On Jun 11, 2023
Trevor012:

Glorious night in Camp Nou after dumping your useless club out of the group stage cheesy

Just group stage?

Ferguson started considering retirement right after the thrashing at Wembley.

Tell me a bigger wash

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2023
Jodera:

Nope...
There will be no Man city treble without Mau u grin grin

Factos!!

Just like there's no Man Utd treble without Bayern Munich and prime Arsenal.

Where's your treble, Jodera? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:40am On Jun 11, 2023
swiz123:

What will it take you to realize that Lukaku is useless? Is it until Megan Thee Stallion blacklists his number?

Lukaku is never useless,i don't know how you watch your ball to arrive at such conclusion,but a striker who regularly get into scoring chances,creating opportunities for teammates is never useless. Infact i still want him here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:40am On Jun 11, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Na Messi go collect am and I go carry big drum to use store people tears that day

Everything i wished for this season came through grin
Messi winning ballon d’ or na big bragging right for me offline cos I get niggas wey i wan pepper.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 9:41am On Jun 11, 2023
FirstbornWds:

Just group stage?

Ferguson started considering retirement right after the thrashing at Wembley.

Tell me a bigger wash
Rather lose in a final then getting dumped out in the group stage like a useless piece of rag. To top it all we won the trophy in your dead stadium 😂😂

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:41am On Jun 11, 2023
Jodera:
Lol... No mind am

Also, good to finally see you acknowledge Pep without cash nor Messi grin
He did well. Everybody Dey spend this days na who use e own well matters.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2023
Adiwana:

Players can’t switch up the way they play football mid tournament. If you call up Messi and expect him to press for you, it simply won’t happen. If you insist on it, you cause serious problems in your dressing room.

We’ve seen it happen so many times

Messi is the only exception to every rule in football including Ronaldo not onana. My take is that no player can dictate how he wants to play to a coach.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 9:44am On Jun 11, 2023
patrickmuf:
There's a reason I rate Fergie so highly, he built one title-winning team after another. It is easy to get to the top to staying there is another thing entirely because rival teams will raise their game to unseat you.

I rate Zidane because winning the UCL 3 times in a row is unheard of.

Next season, I expect the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, and Newcastle to give City a stronger challenge.
Ferguson never went up against a world class coach in the league. Mourinho came in and won the league back to back. I believe Ferguson In this current era will struggle to win more more than two league the title.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:45am On Jun 11, 2023
Leyqute:

Just like there's no Man Utd treble without Bayern Munich and prime Arsenal.

Where's your treble, Jodera? grin
Exactly... Two or more Rights can coexist.
No dey hide Man u as If dem no join dash Man city treble grin

As for your question, my own dey come(life na turn by turn).
This season na Man city own grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 9:45am On Jun 11, 2023
hensben:
Messi winning ballon d’ or na big bragging right for me offline cos I get niggas wey i wan pepper.
Haaland do already carry Balon dor. Nor dey give your midget hope.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 9:47am On Jun 11, 2023
hensben:
He did well. Everybody Dey spend this days na who use e own well matters.

Abeg Give the phone bag to the owner grin grin grin

Happy Sunday!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17797) (17798) (17799) (17800) (17801) (17802) (17803) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theemmyy, lordfalcao(m), airmark(m), Tamodu, hatakekakashi, Shegzdave and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.