Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,055 members, 7,859,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10723099 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17888) (17889) (17890) (17891) (17892) (17893) (17894) ... (19388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nigeriagood(m): 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
Kimbeast:

Out of Saka, Rashford and Kvaratskhelia who did Vini have a better season than.
he had a better season than Saka and rashford,Kvara was my MVP, don't bother arguing with me the record is there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Leicester City are hoping to receive £35m for Harvey Barnes this summer, with Newcastle linked with the winger. 🦊

if this is true we should jump on it, Dybala is a good option but having Harvey might be better
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
Kimbeast:

Out of Saka, Rashford and Kvaratskhelia who did Vini have a better season than.

On personal level, vinicius had a better season than both SAKA and kvaratskhelia.

Then on trophywise ,he had a better season than Rashford and SAKA.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
BlueAngel444:
Leicester City are hoping to receive £35m for Harvey Barnes this summer, with Newcastle linked with the winger. 🦊

if this is true we should jump on it, Dybala is a good option but having Harvey might be better

Dybala is pretty good on 2-3 years contract for £10m bargain deal.

Experience counts the most if Chelsea truly wants to win trophies or it will another near success syndrome like Arsenal.

Barnes is just another selfish English boy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2023
raumdeuter:
Do you disagree

And who will you replace

For me I might put Taribo or Song for Kolo Toure or Radebe

Roger Milla over Drogba and Abedi over Essien

Is there a bench? I feel like Mustapha Hadji and Youseff Choppo need to be in this squad. Kanu as well. Benni Mccarthy, and maybe Shaun Bartlett(lol). I dont think I can agree Taribo over Lucas Radebe or Song for Toure.

The keeper ichoice is wack though. Surely it has to be Songoo, Kameni, or even throwback to Nkono
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nigeriagood:
he had a better season than Saka and rashford,Kvara was my MVP, don't bother arguing with me the record is there
Provide the record, it's good you already accepted Kvaratskhelia had a better season. Saka and Rashford scored more league goals and provided more assists than Vini. Both also had a better world cup performance than Vini as well with 3 goals in 5 matches each. If Arsenal had won the league we won't be having this discussion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
Azpilicueta has confirmed that he is leaving Chelsea this summer 😓
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ibime:

Who born El Hadary where Nkono dey. Nkono wey be twice African POTY as goalkeeper, a trailblazer that inspired African keepers to move to Europe and European teams to trust African keepers, someone that held Espanol shirt for 8 years and inspired Gianluigi Buffon to take up goalkeeping

Thomas Nkono is an icon and one of African greatest gk of all time ,but is there any flex in helding espanyol shirt for 8 years ,didn’t Carlos kameni did more than that and even won a trophy ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ibime:

Who born El Hadary where Nkono dey. Nkono wey be twice African POTY as goalkeeper, a trailblazer that inspired African keepers to move to Europe and European teams to trust African keepers, someone that held Espanol shirt for 8 years and inspired Gianluigi Buffon to take up goalkeeping

My top 3 african GK of all time

El hadary
Nkono
Enyeama
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
raumdeuter:
Do you disagree

And who will you replace

Radebe out for Joseph yobo or taribo west

I prefer Rigobert song over this kuffour
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
Pulisic to Milan done deal. Marina still has blood on her hands for buying this fraud for 60million.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
PDPGuy:
Azpilicueta has confirmed that he is leaving Chelsea this summer 😓
The best 7million spent in history. Won everything at Chelsea, absolute legend.

22 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Thomas Nkono is an icon and one of African greatest gk of all time ,but is there any flex in helding espanyol shirt for 8 years ,didn’t Carlos kameni did more than that and even won a trophy ?

When N’kono was holding starting shirt in Espanol almost every member of the Green Eagles was playing local league. Very different times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
andrewbaba44:

In that time, an African keeper at a top European club was gold dust. His World Cup run, his influence and 2 APOTY counts in his favour

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ibime:

In that time, an African keeper at a top European club was gold dust. His World Cup run, his influence and 2 APOTY counts in his favour
Oh ,understood .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
raumdeuter:
Do you disagree

And who will you replace

Thomas N'kono over Essam El Haddary or it's recency bias at play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
afrodoc:

When N’kono was holding starting shirt in Espanol almost every member of the Green Eagles was playing local league. Very different times.

Lol ,ibime don clear me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mrphilia: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
This is what you call a true legend, a goodbye message with the passion and the heart that he’s always shown and given us on the pitch!

Thanks for everything Azpi, you are a true blue and will forever be loved at the Bridge!🥹

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
Capaldi:
Pulisic to Milan done deal. Marina still has blood on her hands for buying this fraud for 60million.

Yet some Chelsea fans with short memory hype marina😂😂🤣🤣😂
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
Theuniverse:
Erez Garty breaks down the physics behind Carlos’ kick in Brazil’s game against France where Carlos lined up to take a free kick and sent the ball around France’s defensive wall and straight into the goal using the Magnus Effect or a “banana kick”.
Utilizing wind speed and the placement of his foot. According to Newton’s 1st law of motion, an object will move in the same direction and velocity until a force is applied to it, regardless of the strength of the force. When Carlos kicked the ball, he gave it direction and velocity, but what force made the ball swerve and score one of the most magnificent goals in the history of the sport? On one side, the air moved in the opposite direction to the ball’s spin – causing increased pressure, while on the other side, the air moved in the same direction as the spin, creating an area of lower pressure. The difference between the pressures made the ball curve towards the lower pressure zone.
Agba.👍

This reminds me of when they said Ronaldo used to set the ball a certain way and hit a certain point of the ball to also have that crazy effect
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
A40:
Agba.👍

This reminds me of when they said Ronaldo used to set the ball a certain way and hit a certain point of the ball to also have that crazy effect
I watched a video of a young Mount explaining it and scoring a while back.

https://youtube.com/shorts/uOEHwAfjgtM?feature=share3

https://youtube.com/shorts/H1Gn6LKkbBs?feature=share3

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
BlueAngel444:
what I picked before 😁 but later replaced Lahm with Cafu as Cafu is better in attacking than Lahm

Don't know why people kept picking Maldini, instead of Becks, wasn't he a lb as a CB, I remember he played CB few seasons with Nesta but wasn't he a star at lb instead
The difference between Cafu and Lahm in attack for me is marginal and Lahm was a more tactically flexible player.

Me I know Maldini as LB sha and only moved to CB in the latter days of his career.

I'm sticking with Becks. 3 CLs, World cup, Euros
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bisqit: 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
andrewbaba44:

My top 3 african GK of all time
El hadary Nkono Enyeama
ike shoromu, greg etafia, adjei, akanji, mboma nko?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bisqit: 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
raumdeuter:
Do you disagree

And who will you replace

where is mark fish, sibusiso zouma, mido, titi camara? I guess you started watching football yesterday
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
bisqit:
where is mark fish, sibusiso zouma, mido, titi camara? I guess you started watching football yesterday

None of these names deserve a mention in Africa first 11 nor even 2nd eleven sef

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bisqit: 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
raumdeuter:

None of these names deserve a mention in Africa first 11 nor even 2nd eleven sef
then you dont know them. Titi camara for example. Legend of guinea. Played for the reds
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bisqit: 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
A40:
The difference between Cafu and Lahm in attack for me is marginal and Lahm was a more tactically flexible player.

Me I know Maldini as LB sha and only moved to CB in the latter days of his career.

I'm sticking with Becks. 3 CLs, World cup, Euros
go and sit down. Lahm over cafu? Just say you didn't watch them play becos you were rolling tyres on the street with only pant with your childhood playmates

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
bisqit:
then you dont know them. Titi camara for example. Legend of guinea. Played for the reds

Players that moved you and first 11 are not the same thing. Titi Camara can't even make the 7th team.

Abedi Pele, Tony Yeboah, Raba Madjer, Rashidi Yekini, Kalusha Bwalya, Patrick Mboma, Salif Keita, Freddie Kanoute, Roger Milla, Japhet Ndoram, Benni McCarthy, Hossam Hassan, Victor Osimhen haven't been mentioned yet, so what gives Titi Camara mouth?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
Welcome Gusto.
James, Enzo, Caicedo midfied anyone grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2023
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
Kimbeast:

Provide the record, it's good you already accepted Kvaratskhelia had a better season. Saka and Rashford scored more league goals and provided more assists than Vini. Both also had a better world cup performance than Vini as well with 3 goals in 5 matches each. If Arsenal had won the league we won't be having this discussion.
Are you sure?

Rashford scored more goal but both still have almost same G+A

Vini Junior 41 GA

Rashford 41 GA.

As for Saka, he is way way behind
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Who know Thomas Nkono abeg El hadary is the best african goal keeper to date
You dan start they include black and white players again
Pure recency bias.

Thomas N'kono was the first person be African footballer of the year twice. As a fokken goalie.

Blud won the AFCON and appeared in three world cups. Paved the way for African goalies in Europe.

Meanwhile El Haddary was hustling for world cup debut at an age when his mates were becoming coaches.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17888) (17889) (17890) (17891) (17892) (17893) (17894) ... (19388) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Katcall, Jodera, bolu96(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.