Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10549677 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18008) (18009) (18010) (18011) (18012) (18013) (18014) ... (19177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
MorataFC:
That guy mentality tire me, just because you failed to land your dream job after you got your PhD then you now declare all your certificates and education learning from primary to university level inconsequential.
When I think I will never see a stupider person than OVA200, MorataFC comes to his rescue.

Here is how to apply the analogy:

If you acquired a PhD because you felt it would be instrumental to helping you get your dream job but you lost that dream job to someone who did not have a PhD, it means your PhD was INCONSEQUENTIAL to getting your dream job in that moment.

Rule of thumb: if you want to make a perfectly analogous statement to what is being challenged,

1. Define the objective: what is the person or group trying to achieve? For e.g City wanted to win the community shield.

2. Establish the actionable step that will help the person or group achieve that objective. In this case, City will have to score more goals than Arsenal.

3. Determine if the group or person achieved that actionable step. E.g City did not, because they did not score more goals than Arsenal.

Therefore, Palmer's beautiful goal was insufficient in helping City win the community shield. It did not lead to the CONSEQUENCE that City wanted.

You see the words "not" and "consequence"?

When conjoined they become inconsequent. Like "not" "valid" becomes "invalid".

Palmer's goal was inconsequential to City winning the community shield.

You're welcome. grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
airmark:

You agreeing with Owen's last line, means we are in unison about Burndisleaguedown. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Does Man City not dominate the EPL?

The few clubs that guarantee league titles in the next 4yrs are Bayern, City, Barcelona PSG

So going to any other club might end him trophyless

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2023
Greatihex:
What did Haaland do for all the minutes that he played? Why leave him there? When he was winning it, it was not friendly match. Now that he has lost it 3 times in a row now, it has turned to friendly.
Even if Haaland is playing crap, Pep will still leave him on because he is the best finisher in the team. That is what the historical data has shown.

Next, you are not making the impact you think you are if you mention that Pep has lost it 3 times on the trot. If anything, you are strengthening my case for me. He never plays his main team, never starts preparing his players early enough for such games and always ends up doing better than all the teams that ever beat him to winning the community shield.

That does not mean he wants to lose. It just means he does not care that hard about winning it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Gucciboy: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
๐Ÿšจ ๐—•๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐—ž๐—œ๐—ก๐—š: Manchester City have made a second bid to sign Lucas Paquetรก. The offer is worth โ‚ฌ101m. West Ham have rejected and want โ‚ฌ110m.

Talks will continue and both clubs are confident a deal will be done.

(Source: @Foot Mercato)

LoL West ham would be preparing ยฃ50m bid for Conor Gallagher after doping Man city for Paqueta.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
OVA200:
It's not about mentality but more about dignity.
A person should know he is human and can be wrong and corrected but being hell-bent on using irrelevant thing to conquer relevant stuff is demeaning.

Imagine thinking you can win an informal argument by highlighting your opposition grammatical blunders when you are faced with fact and you can't find a way out.

Dignity is being a man of your words and not run away when your words require actions.
That was how he offered his arm just to win baseless argument and not have the dignity to walk the talk.

Having different moniker just to escape the consequence of your word is demeaning to a man of values.

But he will never learn until he pays dearly.
The guy who begs online for money? Talking about dignity?

The guy who lied that I had a conversation with him about 3 at the back and it being defensive and nobody fact-checked you?

The guy whose grand counter argument is bringing up league football and goals difference AFTER I had specifically said the context was about winning a final. That bum, Victor?

Pray tell, how will losing 5-2 in a final be consequential to the team that lost? What role will the 2 goals play in helping the team that lost? It helped them lose "dignifyingly"? That was their objective?

Remember, this was your earth-shattering analogy? The one I am too proud to submit to. grin

Why am I surprised. Someone else claimed some teams set out to only get to penalties. And I am the one who is illogical and ridiculous. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2023
Gucciboy:
๐Ÿšจ ๐—•๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐—ž๐—œ๐—ก๐—š: Manchester City have made a second bid to sign Lucas Paquetรก. The offer is worth โ‚ฌ101m. West Ham have rejected and want โ‚ฌ110m.

(Source: @Foot Mercato)

LoL West ham would be preparing ยฃ50m bid for Conor Gallagher after doping Man city for Paqueta.
LOL. If you believe City will pay this much for Lucas, I have some property on the moon to sell to you.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jesuitgroup: 3:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Excallibur(m): 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
patrickmuf:
That Argentine LB, right?
yeah, that boy good
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2023
Excallibur:
yeah, that boy good
He Is one for the future...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2023

(Source: @Santi_J_FM)

We dey here O ๐Ÿ˜
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Gucciboy: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Android17:
LOL. If you believe City will pay this much for Lucas, I have some property on the moon to sell to you.

Like they didn't pay much for grealish or gvardiol๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Gucciboy: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
๐Ÿšจ Bayern Munich don't have the funds, and haven't made contact, for Chelsea target Moises Caicedo.

[via NizaarKinsella]

lol l knew the media noise were from Brighton nothing more , Chelsea are still the only club for caicedo.......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
BlueAngel444:
โ‚ฌ120m for 30yr old striker with one yr left isn't cheap. Honestly thought Bayern would go for Kolo Mauni or even Vlahovic, with that money they could get Oshimen
Kolo wetin? If na play abeg stop am ๐Ÿ˜’

We no need all muscle low output striker. Kane is a strategic signing not just for on pitch gains. England captain on your squad is good PR

They might never win on the pitch but we have to agree in the media they're unbeatable
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2023
Gucciboy:

Like they didn't pay much for grealish or gvardiol๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Grealish's true value is ยฃ60M. But his release clause was ยฃ100M and he is a pretty boy with plenty endorsements which means he is marketable so City knew it was a better strategy to pay the clause.

Gvardiol? He was ยฃ77M. City paid ยฃ77M for 1 of the top 3 if not the best defender in the world (potential). That was cheap. Maguire cost United more.

Is Lucas as marketable as Grealish? No.
Is Lucas potentially the best winger in the world? No.

He even has a release clause for ยฃ85M although they claimed it comes into effect in 2024. Remember Cucurella? Kane? City will never pay more than what has been identified as a player's real value (potential and marketability).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2023
raumdeuter:

Does Man City not dominate the EPL?

The few clubs that guarantee league titles in the next 4yrs are Bayern, City, Barcelona PSG

So going to any other club might end him trophyless

Below is the DOMINATION that Man city will never do in England.

Burndisleaguedown.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2023
You can keep ranting all you want, you won't still get a mention from me.

I'm a man of dignity and I can't stoop so low to beg online. ME BEG ONLINE.

I only have one moniker and I use it for everything I do here. Dig as much as you can.

Anything I write here endeavors to fact-check it.

Any evidence you have about me paste it here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
Greatihex:
What did Haaland do for all the minutes that he played? Why leave him there? When he was winning it, it was not friendly match. Now that he has lost it 3 times in a row now, it has turned to friendly.
Instead make una allow am win Community Shield jeje. Now he has bulletin board material to fire up his players.

The man will soon turn the EPL una dey braggado about to Bundesliga levels. 5 titles in 7 years. We are almost getting there

And by that point nobody will have talk for him again oh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
Man city bidding 101 million for paqueta and westham rejecting asking for 110?

Pep guardiola is definately not okay

It seems that club is beginning to loose it

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
Tyler Adams should not attempt to give us lamba about how much he loves Chelsea o.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
Android17:
When I think I will never see a stupider person than OVA200, MorataFC comes to his rescue.

Here is how to apply the analogy:

If you acquired a PhD because you felt it would be instrumental to helping you get your dream job but you lost that dream job to someone who did not have a PhD, it means your PhD was INCONSEQUENTIAL to getting your dream job in that moment.
Please stop bastardizing the profession and accomplishments of people's hard work with the wrong use of words, their certificates are not inconsequential but they were just not LUCKY to get their dream job. ( not everybody wey study mass com dey work for media house).

Rule of thumb: if you want to make a perfectly analogous statement to what is being challenged,

1. Define the objective: what is the person or group trying to achieve? For e.g City wanted to win the community shield.

2. Establish the actionable step that will help the person or group achieve that objective. In this case, City will have to score more goals than Arsenal.

3. Determine if the group or person achieved that actionable step. E.g City did not, because they did not score more goals than Arsenal.

Therefore, Palmer's beautiful goal was insufficient in helping City win the community shield. It did not lead to the CONSEQUENCE that City wanted.

You see that words "not" and "consequence"?

When conjoined they become inconsequent. Like "not" "valid" becomes "invalid".

Palmer's goal was inconsequential to City winning the community shield.

You're welcome. grin
From the get-go everybody knows it is only one team that will win the trophy, and EPL 23/24 is going to be won by just one team, just like every other team is buying and spending hundreds of ยฃ to strengthen their team in preparation for the next EPL season but sadly only one team will win it.
So are you now saying the investments of other teams, like their training, the coaches they hire and some logistics they put in place that we don't even know are.....? (fill in the gap)
Not everyone that runs a race wins the ultimate prize, in the heyday of Usain Bolt everyone knows is going to win the 100-meter race, I expect the organiser to say Since we know you going to win the race just come and take the prize" but no, just because it is not for the prize or title alone, but for the entertainment, viewership sponsorship etc.
I'm yet to get my dream job but my certificates are not inconsequential, is your own certificate inconsequential?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
A40:
Kolo wetin? If na play abeg stop am ๐Ÿ˜’

We no need all muscle low output striker. Kane is a strategic signing not just for on pitch gains. England captain on your squad is good PR

They might never win on the pitch but we have to agree in the media they're unbeatable
and here I was reading that PSG beat you guys to Kolo Muani ๐Ÿ˜. As long as you guys give Tottenham money to buy Lukaku ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2023
Android17:
Grealish's true value is ยฃ60M. But his release clause was ยฃ100M and he is a pretty boy with plenty endorsements which means he is marketable so City knew it was a better strategy to pay the clause.

Gvardiol? He was ยฃ77M. City paid ยฃ77M for 1 of the top 3 if not the best defender in the world (potential). That was cheap. Maguire cost United more.

Is Lucas as marketable as Grealish? No.
Is Lucas potentially the best winger in the world? No.

He even has a release clause for ยฃ85M although they claimed it comes into effect in 2024. Remember Cucurella? Kane? City will never pay more than what has been identified as a player's real value (potential and marketability).
and you think Lucas paqueta who is a Brazilian midfielder isn't marketable ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ or worth 100m
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
Romelu Lukaku is training alone because Mauricio Pochettino doesn't want his negative energy to infect the team. #CFC (@Gazzetta_it) ๐Ÿคฃ that guy has received all the curse of the number 9 shirt
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2023
andrewbaba44:
Man city bidding 101 million for paqueta and westham rejecting asking for 110?

Pep guardiola is definately not okay

It seems that club is beginning to loose it
Stop believing everything you read.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2023
BlueAngel444:
and you think Lucas paqueta who is a Brazilian midfielder isn't marketable ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ or worth 100m
The question I asked is if he is as marketable as Grealish to dictate that City paid more than his true value? Or as skilled as Gvardiol to be the potential best in his role? Both answers are NO.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2023
Mauricio Pochettino's tactics: Pochettinoโ€™s 4-2-3-1 system will see one full-back attack and play like an out-and-out winger. Ben Chilwell seems like the preferred option, with Chelsea adopting a similar approach to Man City and Arsenal by switching to a back three inโ€ฆ

pairing would be
James and Chilwell
Gusto (if he attacks) and Cucurella (he stays as a LCB or DM)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Darkton are waiting to see if Liverpool or Bayern can cough out the blood money they want for Caicedo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 5:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
MorataFC:
Please stop bastardizing the profession and accomplishments of people's hard work with the wrong use of words, their certificates are not inconsequential but they were just not LUCKY to get their dream job. ( not everybody wey study mass com dey work for media house).

From the get-go everybody knows it is only one team that will win the trophy, EPL 23/24 is going to be won by just one team, just like every team is buying and spending hundreds of ยฃ to strengthen their team in preparation for the next EPL season but sadly only one team will win it.
So are you now saying the investments of other teams, like their training, the coaches they hire and some logistics they put in place that we don't even know are.....? (fill in the gap)
Not everyone that runs a race wins the ultimate prize, in the heyday of Usain Bolt everyone knows is going to win the 100-meter race, I expect the organiser to say Since we know you going to win the race just come and take the prize" but no, just because it is not for the prize or title alone, but for the entertainment, viewership sponsorship etc.
I'm yet to get my dream job but my certificate is not inconsequential is your own certificate inconsequential too?
You're wasting my time. What am I talking about and what are you on about? If someone brags about training harder than Usain but still lost to him in a race I am wrong for saying the person's training was inconsequential to winning the race even though the person did not win the race? Which one come be "unlucky" and Masscom and all that Jazz?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
Bayern: hello is that Chelsea
Chelsea: what is it

Bayern: ...
Chelsea: common, speak out

Bayern: to clear the air, we didn't even call Brighton for Caicedo
Chelsea: ๐Ÿ˜ฏh you didn't ๐Ÿ˜Œ so how may we help you

Bayern: well we want Kepa
Chelsea:... ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ
Bayern: are you there

Chelsea: yes how much are you offering
Bayern : we want to lo...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
airmark:
Tyler Adams should not attempt to give us lamba about how much he loves Chelsea o.

Hahaha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
Android17:
The question I asked is if he is as marketable as Grealish to dictate that City paid more than his true value? Or as skilled as Gvardiol to be the potential best in his role? Both answers are NO.
he was signed last season for 40/45m contributed to west ham's European success and up to 10G&A. He is a Brazilian international player. Don't know what ability you think he doesn't have but City bid โ‚ฌ100m for a one season proven EPL creative midfielder with 4more years left in his contract. I no know wetin dem use Grealish market o, but yes he is Brazilian and is marketable

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
Android17:
You're wasting my time. What am I talking about and what are you on about? If someone brags about training harder than Usain but still lost to him in a race I am wrong for saying the person's training was inconsequential to winning the race even though the person did not win the race? Which one come be "unlucky" and Masscom and all that Jazz?

You have not answered my question, have you landed your dream job, if not ( I don't expect an honest answer though grin) is your certificate also inconsequential? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18008) (18009) (18010) (18011) (18012) (18013) (18014) ... (19177) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.