Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,237 members, 7,867,629 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:04 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10764207 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) ... (19451) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Boss, so its Chalobah that gave doz 2 beautiful passes to Eden, I tot it was Bats though....first time I'll see the Chalobah dude.
Me sef happy o..
Second pass was from Bats. First from Chalobah.
It was just his (Chalobah) general performance today. Full of confidence. Nearly, if not all his attacking passes reached the recipient.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
Bat and chalobah assisted the goals to Hazard.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
FBS:

Second pass was from Bats. First from Chalobah.
It was just his (Chalobah) general performance today. Full of confidence. Nearly, if not all his attacking passes reached the recipient.

Lol, doz passes and goals made us forgot we actually lost the match, our first half defence and midfield no try at all, dey just allowed Marcelo disgrace them like that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
FBS:

Slow your roll bro. Very soon you go hear say na against Real Madrid Team B. a.k.a Castilla.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Lol, doz passes and goals made us forgot we actually lost the match, our first half defence and midfield no try at all, dey just allowed Marcelo disgrace them like that.
first 45 mins was a mess. Irritating and pathetic.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
hensben:
Bat and chalobah assisted the goals to Hazard.

I could have sworn Chalobah assisted both. Let me go check.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
nateevs:

I could have sworn Chalobah assisted both. Let me go check.
nah. Second was from Bats. From a similar position.

Na the dada for their head cause am. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
I see men happy we lost cos we played well. i will take positives from the match and move on..

#chalobah tho
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
It's looking like the season for the several Ballon'd or candidates in Chelsea's ranks...

Interesting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Oscar in midfield should never be repeated.

I don't what part of central midfield play fits in with Oscars profile. His best position is actually left-wing cos he has a good cross on him. Those American boys from weaintgotnohistory.com who know zilch about footie keep promoting the Oscar as CM idea.

Matic-Chalobah was a good combo

Any two from Matic, Kante and Chalobah is a stable combo.

Chalobah is starting to impress me with his touch and vision. I even had to go back and review his touches from a game while on loan at Napoli to believe my eyes. I knew him as a run-run midfielder when he was at loan at Watford.

Baba Rahman has completed his medical at Schalke. Someone told us he is better than Ake, meanwhile he ain't even better than Ola Aina.

Where Emenalo sent Ake away in favour of Rahman, it has only taken one game of football for Conte to decide that Rahman needs to go.

When I say Emenalo is clueless, it's this kind of thing we are talking about. Imagine having a TD who actually knows his job and has common sense to know that Conte will need Ake.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Bimffo:

Oscar really fuçkēd up last season. Thought he was going to step Up, because he was not busy representing Brazil during Preseason.

But like Nihilist said one time, (I may be wrong). There is a step between Youth football and Professional football. And I don't think Oscar has made his own step. He is still busy littering the whole pitch with his Nutmegs.

Nigga Pass.. No! Na so so Nutmeg. E dey always Vex me.

If to say he still dey do the nutmegs i could have forgiven his other faults but no na to just dey run go sidelines like ram he sabi. Let see What conte has for him sha but he has really dwindled from the guy that scored a brace against juve, I still like am sha just disappointed .

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
Kolade354:
I hate doing business with napoli and everton.
Napoli is even worse.
How far with the koulibaly guy i hardly read or hear anything about it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
lordfalcao:
higuain will give them goals, tittles and if they are very lucky UCL football.. that is what am not sure Pogba will give man u. if higuain replicates his last season form. he will score 40+ at juventus which worths the money. Pogba can't do that
Goals that am sure, titles? well that depends on other members of the team cos Higuain has a way of destroying great moments. I can't and don't think i can forgive him for that miss against German in the WC finals. Juve already have UCL football now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
knightsTempler:
#Kantelele ! Legend says 60% of the earth is covered in water, the rest is covered by N'Golo Kante.
you meant de Gea bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ibime:

I don't what part of central midfield play fits in with Oscars profile. His best position is actually left-wing cos he has a good cross on him. Those American boys from weaintgotnohistory.com who know zilch about footie keep promoting the Oscar as CM idea.

Chalobah is starting to impress me with his touch and vision. I even had to go back and review his touches from a game while on loan at Napoli to believe my eyes. I knew him as a run-run midfielder when he was at loan at Watford.

Baba Rahman has completed his medical at Schalke. Someone told us he is better than Ake, meanwhile he ain't even better than Ola Aina.

Where Emenalo sent Ake away in favour of Rahman, it has only taken one game of football for Conte to decide that Rahman needs to go.

When I say Emenalo is clueless, it's this kind of thing we are talking about. Imagine having a TD who actually knows his job and has common sense to know that Conte will need Ake.
Good Rahman is gone. What a signing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ibime:

how much are they paying for the signing fee.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
hensben:
how much are they paying for the signing fee.

It's a loan deal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
Its a pity the orangutan sent Baker and Ake on loan before Conte got a look....

Baker is way better than RLC...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:10am On Jul 31, 2016
Mehn, it doesn't take a genius to know why Frank Lampard is my favourite Chelsea player of all time.

Some halfbaked niggas who though football is about flicks and tricks refused to put respect on his name, which only shows they are inexperienced in footie matters.

This includes otondos like our Technical Director who decided to sign numerous AMs and ninnies to replace this guy, to the effect that Lampard was pushed into the pivot 2-3 years before his time as an AM was done.

My niggie Lamps now has something silly like 8 goals in his last 7 games in MLS including this hattrick today. This is a 38 year old man for Godssake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvw3Pb6nU8

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:29am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibime:
Mehn, it doesn't take a genius to know why Frank Lampard is my favourite Chelsea player of all time.

Some halfbaked niggas who though football is about flicks and tricks refused to put respect on his name, which only shows they are inexperienced in footie matters.

This includes otondos like our Technical Director who decided to sign numerous AMs and ninnies to replace this guy, to the effect that Lampard was pushed into the pivot 2-3 years before his time as an AM was done.

Does this include Mourinho who shipped him out to citeh

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:11am On Jul 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

Does this include Mourinho who shipped him out to citeh

You tried but failed. Mourinho demanded the club give him new contract when he was coming in in 2013, even after the club had decided to let him go.

We are talking of those who decided to change the direction of the club, and flood the club with ninnies like Oscar and co, including the Technical Director who in 2012 told us he is planning a Chelsea with 3 ninnies behind Torres with Mikel and Ramires in a pivot.

Yet Lampard kept saving our season and qualifying us for UCL with his goals, and was still top scorer, after the club have wiped him out of plans.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:33am On Jul 31, 2016
Reminder for those with short memories who claim Lukaku flopped at Chelsea. Few cameo appearances on the right wing does not equal a flop!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibime:
You tried but failed. Mourinho demanded the club give him new contract when he was coming in in 2013, even after the club had decided to let him go.

We are talking of those who decided to change the direction of the club, and flood the club with ninnies like Oscar and co, including the Technical Director who in 2012 told us he is planning a Chelsea with 3 ninnies behind Torres with Mikel and Ramires in a pivot.

Yet Lampard kept saving our season and qualifying us for UCL with his goals, and was still top scorer, after the club have wiped him out of plans.

But who was ultimately responsible for denying him a year extension and had to go to city? It was under Mourinho that he left. If the coach wanted him, he would have stayed just like a decision was made on Terry leaving but the coach reversed it

"The incoming Chelsea coach reportedly requested that the club renew the centre-back’s deal ahead of his arrival in the summer. Despite his age, Terry looks like he will play a role in the former Juventus coach’s plans"

Compare that to Mourinho's tone on Lampard, If Mourinho wanted Lampard to stay, Big Frank would have even on a reduced salary

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says letting Frank Lampard go last summer was the right decision for the club's future.

Lampard, 36, initially joined MLS side New York City on a two-year deal before signing for sister club Manchester City on loan until the end of December.

City are battling Chelsea for the Premier League title and want to extend the impressive midfielder's loan deal.

"The project is to prepare for the next 10 years, not the next year - we made the right decision," Mourinho said.

Lampard left the London club after 13 years at Stamford Bridge in which he became the club's record goalscorer with 211 goals in his 649 appearances.

"It's his life, nothing to do with us. He left Chelsea as a free agent and chooses his life, we can't complain about it. That's football," said the Portuguese.

"My view is that when you want to look forward, look to the future and have people like [Cesc] Fabregas and [Nemanja] Matic and Jeremie Boga [a midfielder with the under-21s] which are the next ten years of the club.
"The project is to prepare for the next ten years, not for the next year - we made the right decision.

"You can argue 'You have John Terry and Didier Drogba'. Different. Drogba is a striker that is coming to help and support the team.

"John Terry is the best central defender in English football and it doesn't matter how old he is.

"The nucleus of the team has to be developed and to have a big player like Frank we would stop the development of the other guys."

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:19am On Jul 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

But who was ultimately responsible for denying him a year extension and had to go to city? It was under Mourinho that he left. If the coach wanted him, he would have stayed just like a decision was made on Terry leaving but the coach reversed it

"The incoming Chelsea coach reportedly requested that the club renew the centre-back’s deal ahead of his arrival in the summer. Despite his age, Terry looks like he will play a role in the former Juventus coach’s plans"

Compare that to Mourinho's tone on Lampard, If Mourinho wanted Lampard to stay, Big Frank would have even on a reduced salary

No need arguing unnecessarily my nigga. This is a quote from a manager asked to defend his clubs decision to release Lampard after the fact. I can also show you where he asked the club to give Lampard a new contract before the fact.

Nothing you will tell us would make us believe that JM did not rate Lampard. It is the same manager that called Lampard the best player in the world. Besides you are talking about 2014, I am talking about 2011. I don't see how your timeline fits in with my original statement:

Ibime:

I don't want long debate on old talks. The fact is that Lampards demotion at Chelsea started in 2011. First it was AVB that questioned Lampards role as starting AM, then Emenalo changed the direction and strategy of the club to where Lampard was relegated away from the AM position.

My point is simply that the ninny-lovers cannot appreciate the skill of such a player like Lampard. If Emenalo was running things in 2004, someone like Rui Costa would be starting AM not Lampard, because that is the only kind of player he sees talent in, and we know his pattern.

It is just indicative of underdeveloped footie understanding. Some ninjas for example will never see anything good in a player like Thomas Muller because their mind thinks football can only be good with bells and whistles, and cannot appreciate a no-frills player. Our Aba made TD is one of such people.

Leave the long talks, lets just give Super Frank his just due. Since 2011 when certain ninjas tried to sideline him he has gone on to break Chelsea goal and assist record, has proven his talent at City even at an advanced age, and his inate talent is still shining through today in MLS at the age of 38. That's all I wanted to say, not to discuss contract details!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibime:

Nothing you will tell us would make us believe that JM did not rate Lampard. It is the same manager that called Lampard the best player in the world.

Its just amazing the lenght you would go to absolve Mourinho of any perceived wrong doing even when he makes the speech admitting with his own mouth. This isnt the first time either especially when it comes to signing, Any signing you dont like or that flopped you blame Emenalo for it, Even if its under Mourinho you claim his hands are tied,

If it was AVB, Scolari etc that made those statements I am sure you would never excuse them, but when Mourinho makes statements with his own mouth you still disbelieve

Mourinho thought it was time for Lampard to go, and he released him, whether thats a good decision or bad is another discussion for another time. But he released him is the fact.

Releasing an old player doesnt mean you didnt rate him. Xavi was released by Barcelona, Schweinsteiger was released by Bayern, Wenger released Vieira and Henry, Ferguson released Beckham Stam etc One day very soon, Bayern would release Robben, Ribery and Lahm doesn't mean they didnt rate them. All these players are club heroes and would roll out carpets for them when they return in other capacities

And the Terry-Conte saga showed a coach is not that powerless as you want us to believe, Terry was done by January in Chelsea, Conte requested they extend him for a year and his wish was done. If Mourinho wanted lampard to stay, je would make him stay but Mourinho obviously didnt agree Lampard should stay thats why he left.

Words from Lampard: "I would have obviously stayed if Chelsea had offered me another year. There was no reason for me to leave," he told the Sun. "Yes, I wanted to play a bit more regularly but I’m not stupid. "If Chelsea had given me a new contract it would have been mad not to take it at the time."

Lampard also revealed that he chatted to boss Jose Mourinho after the decision had been made and holds no bad feeling whatsoever for the club he holds the all-time scoring record for.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:02am On Jul 31, 2016
Teams would be hustling and praying to be paired with Leicester in the CL this season walahi

For Bayern, I'm calling dibs on Arsenal n the group stage and City in the 2nd round would be very fine for us

No sharp niggga would reject his favourite late night osho free booty call, Arsenal is our late night sneak in through backyard window booty call

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:03am On Jul 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its just amazing the lenght you would go to absolve Mourinho of any perceived wrong doing even when he makes the speech admitting with his own mouth. This isnt the first time either especially when it comes to signing, Any signing you dont like or that flopped you blame Emenalo for it, Even if its under Mourinho you claim his hands are tied,

If it was AVB, Scolari etc that made those statements I am sure you would never excuse them, but when Mourinho makes statements with his own mouth you still disbelieve

Mourinho thought it was time for Lampard to go, and he released him, whether thats a good decision or bad is another discussion for another time. But he released him is the fact.

Releasing an old player doesnt mean you didnt rate him. Xavi was released by Barcelona, Schweinsteiger was released by Bayern, Wenger released Vieira, Ferguson released Beckham Stam etc One day very soon, Bayern would release Robben, Ribery and Lahm doesn't mean they didnt rate them

And the Terry-Conte saga showed a coach is not that powerless as you want us to believe, Terry was done by January in Chelsea, Conte requested they extend him for a year and his wish was done. If Mourinho wanted lampard to stay but Mourinho obviously didnt agree Lampard should stay

You are the one going into unnecessary length because of your hatred for Mourinho.

How does your statement even correlate with what I said?

Ibime:

Yet you are telling us about contract renewal in 2014.

2011 to 2014 is how many years? Nigga I can't add!

This is how you know Mourinho is biting your nyash. I am talking one thing, you talking something totally unrelated just so you can bring Mourinho into it!

All I came here to say (which doesn't concern you and has nothing to do with what you are talking about) is that Lampard is doing now what he loves doing and what he does best - which is getting in the box and winning games for his team. He is doing it in MLS and he did it at Man City when given the opportunity.

We spent 2011-2013 arguing nonsense about whether he fits in the pivot but he was the best AM at the club at the time. One Aba made TD decided to transfer him out of his position by flooding his position with ninnies and influencing tactical direction through player recruitment which bore no cognisanze of the fact that Lampard is our best AM. I, Ibime never bought into that bullcrap and always considered Lampard the best AM at the club. He continues to vindicate me. Dazall.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:07am On Jul 31, 2016
Mourinho came back in 2013, He could have pushed Lampard back into AM or was it Emenalo choosing the team also?

Mourinho gave reasons for dropping Lamps and it makes sense. You cant think of a year and sacrifice the clubs next 10yrs. WIth Lamps, One of Matic Fabregas or Mourinho favourite 10 Oscar would be dropped or their growth into the team stunted

With the Matic, Fab-Oscar midfield he won the league.

So if you think Lamps was pushed out of the club prematurely then Mourinho should be the one you hold responsible
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:14am On Jul 31, 2016
raumdeuter:
Mourinho came back in 2013, He could have pushed Lampard back into AM or was it Emenalo choosing the team also?

Mourinho gave reasons for dropping Lamps and it makes sense. You cant think of a year and sacrifice the clubs next 10yrs. WIth Lamps, One of Matic Fabregas or Mourinho favourite 10 Oscar would be dropped or their growth into the team stunted

With the Matic, Fab-Oscar midfield he won the league.

So if you think Lamps was pushed out of the club prematurely then Mourinho should be the one you hold responsible

Are you still struggling to add?

Who relegated Lampard to a pivot player when there was still strength in his legs? You want Jose to undo all the last 3 years direction the club has chosen and promote him back to AM at age 35? Even when he still needed him in the pivot which had been left understaffed to the point Lampard was his best pivot player with Luiz? You are right. Jose cannot change direction for 1 year only and undo the direction of the last few years. I would have done the same as Jose.

So what is your point and how does it relate to my initial statement that 2-3 years of Lampards attacking prowess was wasted by wrong decisions including those of the TD? (Mind you in one of those years, he was still our top scorer while playing in the pivot)

My friend gerrarahia!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2016
That is why I was asking if loftus cheek was better than Chalobah some months ago.
In terms of true midfield play Chalobah is much better than RLC.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:09am On Jul 31, 2016
That midfield remains a huge concern.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:31am On Jul 31, 2016
Griffon:
That midfield remains a huge concern.
Defense too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) ... (19451) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, Ijustwantto, Gucciboy, Sulele04(m), WhoDeyHause, Neimarjr, Ibukzy, TheLequte and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.