Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,305 members, 7,867,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10765714 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (19456) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 9:18am On Jul 31, 2016
Our squad is so fvked up.
We need a cb,lb,cm and a quality striker.
What is djiglodgi and miazaga doing in that team
Somebody send christensen on 2 years loan deal, to create space for miazga nd djilogbji.
If anybody come here to defend emenalo,I fit curse that person.
What is mikel oscar ivanovic cahill remy still doing@our club.
Emanalo na 1st class fool.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 9:42am On Jul 31, 2016
Chelsea wingers pecking order- Hazard,Cuadrado,Victor Moses,Injured Hazard,Injured Moses,,Dmcdad,Adelana,Ollah1,Ramdueter, Willian,Patoranking,Tiwa savage and Pedro......

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2016
bigkesh:
Chelsea wingers pecking order- Hazard,Cuadrado,Victor Moses,Injured Hazard,Injured Moses,,Dmcdad,Adelana,Ollah1,Ramdueter, Willian,Patoranking,Tiwa savage and Pedro......

Phuck me! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2016
I was going to touch on the Winger issue yesterday. Suddenly, at least based on pre-season so far, Willian and Pedro will take a back seat. It looks like that this formation is perfect for Cuadrado and Moses - two players I cannot stand because of their final-ball decision making.

Now, if Cuadrado and Moses are going to be our first choice wingers for the season, then we have a serious problem. We might as well cancel Musonda's loan and bring him back. Or it might just explain why the rumours surfaced of Chelsea's interest in Mahrez. We really lack scary quality in front.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2016
happy Birthday to the Godfather Antonio Conte.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:05am On Jul 31, 2016
lordfalcao:
happy Birthday to the Godfather Antonio Conte.
Happy birthday to the coach who made Pogba worth something....

Mr Antonio 'Not buy 120m Pogba' Conte
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
bigkesh:
Happy birthday to the coach who made Pogba worth something....
Mr Antonio 'Noty 120m Pogba' Conte
Hehehehehe.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
bigkesh:

Lmao....cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Pedro has suffered.....chai.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
nateevs:
I was going to touch on the Winger issue yesterday. Suddenly, at least based on pre-season so far, Willian and Pedro will take a back seat. It looks like that this formation is perfect for Cuadrado and Moses - two players I cannot stand because of their final-ball decision making.

Now, if Cuadrado and Moses are going to be our first choice wingers for the season, then we have a serious problem. We might as well cancel Musonda's loan and bring him back. Or it might just explain why the rumours surfaced of Chelsea's interest in Mahrez. We really lack scary quality in front.

None of our wingers have the profile of a 4-4-2 winger. They are all inverted wingers.

The ones that do - Moses and Cuadrado are not good enough, or haven't shown it so far.

The one who could profit from this is Kenedy on the left wing but I can't see him in preseason so far.

Conte should tread carefully with any radical shift to 4-4-2, lets not turn the wings into another crisis position to add to leftback, rightback, centreback, CM and striker. We have enough on our plate.

Marco Van Ginkel or Pasalic as AM in a return to a traditional 4-3-3 is an option I would explore. Van Ginkel has goals in his boots, forget recent attempts to shovel him into a pivot.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
I am glad the fraudulent Ghanian is almost out... I only wish for Mikel n Oscar to fvck off....asap.......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
bigkesh:
Are you freaking kidding me?cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

You mean say even retired Hazard better pass Pedro? shocked

Well sha... Mugu fall, guy man whack.cheesy

Iku oni pa maga wa ooooo.cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
bigkesh:
This guy ehn grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
Baba Rahman signs on loan at Schalke. . . . better than Ake. . . yet we're now looking for a leftback.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
I hope Inters enquiry about Oscar is followed up with an official bid. . . that nigga need to GTFOH.

Chelsea apparently seeking £30m.

Asked if Oscar has a future at Chelsea, Conte said: “All 29 players are Chelsea’s players at the moment. After this period I speak with my club.

“I agree after this tour to see all the players and then to take a decision. When we finish this period I will take the right decision for the player and for the club.

“There are players who will stay and others will go. This is football. It is important to be clear with all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
Sergio Ramos caught on camera discussing with Costa after the Real Madrid game.

"Why don't you go? They don't let you? Ahhh... Gamiero coming... Ufff."

Please let the WWE wrestler leave.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:11am On Aug 01, 2016
Ibime:
Baba Rahman signs on loan at Schalke. . . . better than Ake. . . yet we're now looking for a leftback.

What a way to start the week....Very exciting news grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:14am On Aug 01, 2016
Ibime:
I hope Inters enquiry about Oscar is followed up with an official bid. . . that nigga need to GTFOH.

Chelsea apparently seeking £30m.

Asked if Oscar has a future at Chelsea, Conte said: “All 29 players are Chelsea’s players at the moment. After this period I speak with my club.

“I agree after this tour to see all the players and then to take a decision. When we finish this period I will take the right decision for the player and for the club.

“There are players who will stay and others will go. This is football. It is important to be clear with all.

Oscar is so useless! Even China no free bid for am..

I hope obi will join him to free useful space in the team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:59am On Aug 01, 2016
Emenalo has been signing rubbish for the past three seasons now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2016
Ibime:
Sergio Ramos caught on camera discussing with Costa after the Real Madrid game.

"Why don't you go? They don't let you? Ahhh... Gamiero coming... Ufff."

Please let the WWE wrestler leave.

That convo almost confirms that Costa is staying.

I fancy that Gamiero guy sha. He will be a fantastic addition to Atletico Madrid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2016
^°° Costa staying won't be bad only if he chooses to play soccer and not fight.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:36am On Aug 01, 2016
This is just giving a dog a bad name to hang it.

The same Conte that sent Baba away on loan is the same guy that sent Ake away on loan.

Ake went away to go and learn his trade at central midfield. He is not a leftback.

Nathan Ake: "I can play in different positions. I like to get on the ball defensively play hard, with tackles and things like that,"

"I think I am a holding midfielder, when I came to Chelsea I played as a centre back but then was told I was too small. So I changed to left back and then to midfield, I’ve been going around in circles! But last year I played left back, although my preferred position is holding midfield."

Eddie Howe(Bournmouth Manager): "He was used predominantly at left-back by Watford and also played for them at centre-back. His favoured position is as a central midfielder."

Nathan Ake on Conte: "To get an eye on how I cope, I think he[Conte] wants to see me play a season there[Midfield] in the Premier League," Ake said.

"The manager has been in discussions with the technical director (Michael Emenalo) at Chelsea. After this season, we'll see how I get on,

This is what happens when facts direct from the horse's mouth are not allowed to get in the way of a popular narrative.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2016
Baba couldn't hold his own... What a gigantic waste of money! Keeping faith in some of this youth guys should be the way forward especially when we are not 100% sure if the quality we are getting is better than what we already have.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2016
diggz:
Baba couldn't hold his own... What a gigantic waste of money! Keeping faith in some of this youth guys should be the way forward especially when we are not 100% sure if the quality we are getting is better than what we already have.

Young players develop with game time. Baba is only 22. He needed game time to adapt to the EPL, and he didn't get enough.

Baba has now been loaned to a European regular, that has finished finished in top 4 positions 3 times over the last 4 seasons.

If Baba can cement a first team role at Schalke, then this could be very good for his development, which would be very good for us...either on the pitch or on the bank balance
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2016
Nihilist:

Young players develop with game time. Baba is only 22. He needed game time to adapt to the EPL, and he didn't get enough.

Baba has now been loaned to a European regular, that has finished finished in top 4 positions 3 times over the last 4 seasons.

If Baba can cement a first team role at Schalke, then this could be very good for his development, which would be very good for us...either on the pitch or on the bank balance

Chelsea is not making any bank balance gains from Rahman, he is going to be sold at a loss. All he has done is dog-in-a-mangerly block the growth of the Chelsea youth. Ake is miles better at left back despite Ake himself preferring Central Midfield.
It makes no sense to sign mediocre mercenaries for millions and not play your youth team players who are even better and have real potential for improvement.....if you are waiting for this "22 year old" Ghanaman to get better as he approaches his "peak" you are on a long thing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2016
How much have we wasted trying to replace Ryan Bertrand now?? smh

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:55am On Aug 01, 2016
Nihilist:

Bruv, baba got enough playing time and chance to show the world how Uber useless he was defending and clueless attacking....

I don't know why you want us to be patient with someone who is 23years old? Do you have any reason for this, asides him still being young?

I hope you remember Bertrand was about his age when he featured in our UCL victory in the finals against Bayern? Plus judging from the little I have seen of Bertrand , he was a better defender than baba at this age.

I sincerely do not have a single iota of hope/faith in baba. Even if he turns 19years old in 2years time,I will still pick taiwo taiwo ahead of him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:57am On Aug 01, 2016
afrodoc2:

Chelsea is not making any bank balance gains from Rahman, he is going to be sold at a loss. All he has done is dog-in-a-mangerly block the growth of the Chelsea youth. Ake is miles better at left back despite Ake himself preferring Central Midfield.
It makes no sense to sign mediocre mercenaries for millions and not play your youth team players who are even better and have real potential for improvement.....if you are waiting for this "22 year old" Ghanaman to get better as he approaches his "peak" you are on a long thing.

Thank you for this post.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2016
afrodoc2:

Baba IS better than Ake. The issue is that Azpilicueta is better than both at LB and not too good at Right Back. Azpi has chased away Ashley Cole, Betrand, and Filipe Luis. It is madness to believe that he can be displaced that easily.

For Baba to develop he needs proper gametime, that he will not get this season at the club. After Bayern and Dortmund, Schalke has a good argument to claim that they are the next biggest(or at least one of the biggest) teams in Germany. Schalke will not request Baba if he is not good.

If he can establish himself at Schalke this season, then he will be very well developed to either come back and challenge for a spot, or build solid transfer value.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:08am On Aug 01, 2016
diggz:

Bruv, baba got enough playing time and chance to show the world how Uber useless he was defending and clueless attacking....

I don't know why you want us to be patient with someone who is 23years old? Do you have any reason for this, asides him still being young?

I hope you remember Bertrand was about his age when he featured in our UCL victory in the finals against Bayern? Plus judging from the little I have seen of Bertrand , he was a better defender than baba at this age.

I sincerely do not have a single iota of hope/faith in baba. Even if he turns 19years old in 2years time,I will still pick taiwo taiwo ahead of him.

Baba Rahman did not get enough time. He played around 14 games in piecemeal minutes all last season. This is a young player moving to a new league, and struggling for minutes. I've always said that the loan system is good for development and this Schalke loan looks good for him.

Bertrand is useless abeg. Stop calling that guy's name. Bertarand was competing with a right back his own age and still couldn't cut it.

I never once suggested that Baba was ready to displace Azpi. My own has been Baba is better than Ake, and that's patently obvious.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2016
Nihilist:

Baba IS better than Ake. The issue is that Azpilicueta is better than both at LB and not too good at Right Back. Azpi has chased away Ashley Cole, Betrand, and Filipe Luis. It is madness to believe that he can be displaced that easily.

For Baba to develop he needs proper gametime, that he will not get this season at the club. After Bayern and Dortmund, Schalke has a good argument to claim that they are the next biggest(or at least one of the biggest) teams in Germany. Schalke will not request Baba if he is not good.

If he can establish himself at Schalke this season, then he will be very well developed to either come back and challenge for a spot, or build solid transfer value.

That Baba is a baba nla of a defensive liability in my own opinion, aside his lovely pullouts not much to offer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2016
afrodoc2:

That Baba is a baba nla of a defensive liability in my own opinion, aside his lovely pullouts not much to offer.

Defensive ability in a full back is a secondary trait.

The likes of Bellerin, Dany Rose and I believe even Dani Alves were converted wingers. I read a match report that suggests that Jesus navas has been playing Wing Back for Pep in preseason.

This is Bellerin on his development as a full back:
And the full-back told a number of national newspapers how he owes much to Bould's assistance, saying: "When I first came to Arsenal, I didn't know how to defend.

"If there was a person who I had to identify as helping me a lot, that would have to be Bould. I was a winger but from the Under-18s up, I remember him just showing me the basics.

And that's because attacking instinct cannot be taught, you either have or you dont.

Ake is a defensive player. Going forward he offeres relatively little. With good coaching and application, Baba has the solid potential to be a star fullback either for us, or for someone else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KINGinVAHALA: 11:49am On Aug 01, 2016
Good day my bosses and madams, thanks for all your supports so far, I must say I wouldn't have been here without your supports and encouragement. After weeks of vigorous campaigning, I happily inform you that voting for Mr Nairaland Contest 2016 has commenced. Please let's come together in making this dream a reality by voting for me, KINGinVAHALA as Mr Nairaland and with your votes victory would be ours at the end of the contest.

To vote kindly click on the link below and it would take you to the official voting thread then type

I VOTE KINGinVAHALA
cc NLJega

Please note that voting commences at 10am and it would end by 6pm.
THANKS!

https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/1#48080188

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (19456) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.