Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10505650 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2105) (2106) (2107) (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2016
where is bykebyke? Conte just convinced me he is a sound and highly technical coach. Immediately the scoreline changed he brought in a striker to double and unlock the defence. I told the barca fans this is what spanish and belgian coaches failed to do and knocked them out of euros. It's not a rocket science. 3 points good start.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2016
grin grin
Someone is looking for trouble this evening
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 15, 2016
airmark:
where is bykebyke? Conte just convinced me he is a sound and highly technical coach. Immediately the scoreline changed he brought in a striker to double and unlock the defence. I told the barca fans this is what spanish and belgian coaches failed to do and knocked them out of euros. It's not a rocket science. 3 points good start.
Wetin concern Byke on top? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
Nihilist:
There is literraly no skill in the team now.

Just call us Ishon FC. I dont know what Moses and Pedro and one of Matic and Kante are doin on the pitch with Fab on Bench.

Are you sure you watched the game?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
And by the way, Hazard's goal is a milestone....Chelsea's 5000th goal in the top flight.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
Brestar:

Are you sure you watched the game?

At that time in the game, he was right. I worried as well at the seeming lack of creativity.
That said Batshuayi is a very skilful and technical striker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

U dey mind Ibime he doesn't even know who's at home. There are fans and there are plastic fans

Dem never born you when I start to follow Chelsea, you braggat.

Blame it on Usain Bolt for keeping me up last night sha. I just dey arouse myself for 2nd half to follow match so my head no clear.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
Matic impress me tonite.
Fabregas will compete with oscar for a starting place in the team.
We still need one quality defender tho.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
Matic impress me tonite.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
bykebyke:

Wetin concern Byke on top? grin

I just wanted you to know we won with the simple change of tactics i told you about last month. I thought they have booked you as dj tonight before, come and play me wale turner, NO. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
Kolade354:
Matic impressed me tonite.

Midfield 2 will always be two of Kante, Matic and Chalobah.

When I woke up 2nd half to find out West Ham haven't had a shot, I know those niggas have been doing their job.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
This is Chelsea. A brilliant team effort.

So grateful none of you guys work for Chelsea in ANY capacity. Like una sabi pass the manager + owner. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
Nice game....i think fabregas should start ahead of oscar
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
airmark:

I just wanted you to know we won with the simple change of tactics i told you about last month. I thought they have booked you as dj tonight before, come and play me wale turner, NO. cheesy
I like Conte,so I actually wanted Chelsea to win.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ibime:

Midfield 2 will always be two of Kante, Matic and Chalobah.

When I woke up 2nd half to find out West Ham haven't had a shot, I know those niggas have been doing their job.
Kante was everywhere,stopping counter attack.
We still need fab creativity to break down team that will park the bus.
Oscar dey impress too,his work ethic too was important.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
Nice game....i think fabregas should start ahead of oscar
I'd say yes, cos, some creativity is needed but Oscar worked his Brazilian legs off tonight. He tried.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
FBS:

I'd say yes, cos, some creativity is needed but Oscar worked his Brazilian legs off tonight. He tried.
Oscar and willian always seem vissionless when they are with the ball upfront. I will even prefer a very skill player brave enough to take on defenders on that right wing.

Willian doesn't impress me at all. E no even sabi dribble sef. Too bad Pedro flopped.

But wait o... What is moses still doing here? Look at him today. He looked confused whenever he had the ball.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
FBS:

oscsr was decent with the tackles...but creativity was lacking.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mandu11(m): 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
Fabregas needs to go learn alot about marking and he needs to stop being too soft,then he is sure to get games.Conte just needs him to be more aggressive and fabregas is a finished product
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:23am On Aug 16, 2016
I was mostly concerned with seeing if we could challenge. I believe we can.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:25am On Aug 16, 2016
bykebyke:

I like Conte,so I actually wanted Chelsea to win.

Good to know. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 16, 2016
Ibime:

Dem never born you when I start to follow Chelsea, you braggat.

Blame it on Usain Bolt for keeping me up last night sha. I just dey arouse myself for 2nd half to follow match so my head no clear.

No vex ooo, ancient of days, undecided I didn't get the memo that u were one of those who defined how football would be played

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2016
nateevs:

At that time in the game, he was right. I worried as well at the seeming lack of creativity.
That said Batshuayi is a very skilful and technical striker.

Creativity and Decisions in the final third I agree! but MAKING IT LOOK like the said players didn't impress ain't fair..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:05am On Aug 16, 2016
Brestar:

Creativity and Decisions in the final third I agree! but MAKING IT LOOK like the said players didn't impress ain't fair..

Its not by force to comment.

If you didnt understand what I wrote, and the context I wrote it in, you can either ask for clarification, or you can park well, on ya inner light, and take several seats.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:12am On Aug 16, 2016
Nihilist:

Its not by force to comment.

If you didnt understand what I wrote, and the context in wrote it in, you can either ask for clarification, or you can park well, on ya inner light, and take several seats.

grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2016
Nice game from Chelsea yesterday, the tactics of Conte was spot on, Willian and Ivanovic on the right and Azpi and Hazard on the left pressed west ham back not allowing any forward play from their wings thus Carroll was starved of service all game. Wonderful set up there, hope Mou has taken note cos if you let West Ham whoop in those area balls you're in for trouble.
Having said that, I think Costa was lucky not to be carded for that tackle on Adrian.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2016
Right,now my thoughts on the game.

Positives.

1. Fitness levels seem very high unlike last season. Everybody was running, running, running. I liked that a lot.

2.Hazard showed that threat that he possesses. If he keeps this up, then we can only expect good things.

3. Fullbacks are bombing forward both sides with Kante dropping in to central defence. I think that Kante is a blessing from the gods. Look how high Azpi was pressing when he caused that penalty. Iva also looked very good yesterday. All because Kante provided the defensive platform.

4. Costa still knows where the net is.

Negatives.

1. Conte- I know it's still early days, but I'm not particularly impressed by his tactics. The first fifteen minutes saw us sit very deep, while the likes of Collins were driving from deep and tapping around in their half.

Also the 433 combo of Matic Oscar and Kante us way too defensive. With Oscar making the runs from deep, and Kante sitting, it was up to Matic to spray the defence splitting passes and create chances, and he was woeful in this role.

With chances from midfield a rarity, Costa was forced to come deeper to collect the ball. Unfortunately, Costa is not blessed with technique and dribbling ability, and so was unable to drive the ball from deep to goal.

The result of this was a scarcity of quality chances, and the only shots we had from inside the box were from set pieces.

I think that Fabregas would have offered more in the 3rd midfielder role, especially with Oscar and Kante to protect him.

We relied on individuality and unforced mistakes rather than team strategy to win yesterday. We must do better in future games.

2. Hazard doing that thing that FBS always complained about last season. Slowing down the game for no reason. Gary Neville said that he was shouting at his screen last night everytime Hazard decided against running at his man, and chose to slow to walking pace and pass backwards instead. There was a period when the right half of West Hams defence (Antonio and Collins) was on a yellow. Hazard for some reason refused to run at them and cause them problems. Must do better.

3.Willian and Pedro are kak. We really need them to step up production there.

All in all, I thought it was a good game and really enjoyEd it. Looking forward to a positive future.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2016
Good start to the season and well deserved 3 points

Hazard looked sharp and ready to go unlike last season.

Like everyone has said, Fabregas over Matic in that middle but i guess we cant be having Oscar and Fab in the same midfield, it'll overwork Kunta Kante.

Our next games until Liverpool are not even the hardest of games, i hope we take advantage and get maximum points.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2016
Nihilist:

Positives.

1. Fitness levels seem very high unlike last season. Everybody was running, running, running. I liked that a lot.

2.Hazard showed that threat that he possesses. If he keeps this up, then we can only expect good things.

3. Fullbacks are bombing forward both sides with Kante dropping in to central defence. I think that Kante is a blessing from the gods. Look how high Azpi was pressing when he caused that penalty. Iva also looked very good yesterday. All because Kante provided the defensive platform.

Negatives.

1. Conte- I know it's still early days, but I'm not particularly impressed by his tactics. The first fifteen minutes saw us sit very deep, while the likes of Collins were driving from deep and tapping around in their half.

Also the 433 combo of Matic Oscar and Kante us way too defensive. With Oscar making the runs from deep, and Kante sitting, it was up to Matic to spray the defence splitting passes and create chances, and he was woeful in this role.

With chances from midfield a rarity, Costa was forced to come deeper to collect the ball. Unfortunately, Costa is not blessed with technique and dribbling ability, and so was unable to drive the ball from deep to goal.

The result of this was a scarcity of quality chances, and the only shots we had from inside the box were from set pieces.

I think that Fabregas would have offered more in the 3rd midfielder role, especially with Oscar and Kante to protect him.

We relied on individuality and unforced mistakes rather than team strategy to win yesterday. We must do better in future games.

2. Hazard doing that thing that FBS always complained about last season. Slowing down the game for no reason. Gary Neville said that he was shouting at his screen last night everytime Hazard decided against running at his man, and chose to slow to walking pace and pass backwards instead. There was a period when the right half of West Hams defence (Antonio and Collins) was on a yellow. Hazard for some reason refused to run at them and cause them problems. Must do better.

All in all, I thought it was a good game and really enjoyEd it. Looking forward to a positive future.

Your observations don't matter, y'all will be in a relegation battle this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2016
Now i wished i watched d game embarassed...

Was busy all through last night, but from what i read from here it seems we had a good match...
Happy costa scored, this could be another 2014/2015 season for him....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:40am On Aug 16, 2016
Nihilist:

Positives.

Negatives.

Nice analysis but I only disagree with the formation you wrote. I think it was more of 4-1-4-1

(1) (2) (3) ... (2105) (2106) (2107) (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vischy, a4turitoroman and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.