Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10543523 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) ... (19172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2016
I dont understand d arguments goin on here sef....
Wats our own wit conte's team dat played in ucl.... Dayo abeg, u nd airmark should carry ur lovedisplay to anoda thread angry.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Fringes(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2016
chicobaddest:
Please when you are added kindly inform me
I've not heard nadir from them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2016
Those sending me some kind pm, undecided undecided

Ayam not understanding grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:55am On Oct 31, 2016
Chestar5:
I dont understand d arguments goin on here sef....

Wats our own wit conte's team dat played in ucl....
Dayo abeg, u nd airmark should carry ur lovedisplay to anoda thread angry.....

Shey you wan join the lovedisplay ni?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2016
donjazet:
It's definitely too early to say this team can beat the elite teams in Europe but it's also wrong to say conte won't succeed in the Champions League because of his pedigree shocked shocked
Ramdeuter, juve had finished 7th when conte was appointed, they had not been in Europe for four consecutive seasons and Moreso their appearances preceding their eventual demise from Europe was very underwhelming.
As for conte himself, he was making his debut in the Champions League as a manager so he could be forgiven for underwhelming in his first season considering the factors I have earlier accentuated.
For juve to have eventually reached the final immediately conte left is proof that his gradual task of rebuilding juve had been completed.
Many fans and pundits certainly appreciate his efforts in rebuilding juve so it's very unfair to for rumdeuter to call him a failure in Europe but it's will certainly be a grand delusion of the highest order to say this Chelsea can beat Barça or Bayern or any of the elite yet but as a Chelsea fan, I believe we are gradually getting there.

Conte had multiple tries at the Champions League with Juve, he never made 1 semi final, his last attempt, he crashed at the group stages to Galatasaray led by geriatrics like Drogba and Sneijder

If its unfair to call him a failure in Europe, Is it fair to call him a success in Europe?

Like you said, I am also for Conte to succeed in the league at least to firmly point to it that last seasons woes were on Mourinho because some fans silently want him to fail so they can exonerate Mourinho from last seasons fiasco

Anything that will drag Mourinho down, I am all for it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

Conte had multiple tries at the Champions League with Juve, he never made 1 semi final, his last attempt, he crashed at the group stages to Galatasaray led by geriatrics like Drogba and Sneijder

If its unfair to call him a failure in Europe, Is it fair to call him a success in Europe?

Like you said, I am also for Conte to succeed in the league at least to firmly point to it that last seasons woes were on Mourinho because some fans silently want him to fail so they can exonerate Mourinho from last seasons fiasco

Anything that will drag Mourinho down, I am all for it
I don't think anyone has ever called him a success in Europe. He lacked experience in Europe as it was his first time of trying but his ideas and methods finally triumphed as one can boldly say that the team that played in the finals when he left was a team made in his image and which had all his imprints on it.

As for Chelseas last season, I really don't want to go back and forth with you on this matter as it would lead to nowhere, you hate mourinho so there is nothing I would say which would change your stance on what you feel about him and many here will see my view as being sentimental but I don't think mourinho is to be fully blamed for last seasons woes. He definitely has a share of the blame but there were many factors which I can't go into right now due to time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
donjazet:

I don't think anyone has ever called him a success in Europe. He lacked experience in Europe as it was his first time of trying but his ideas and methods finally triumphed as one can boldly say that the team that played in the finals when he left was a team made in his image and which had all his imprints on it.

As for Chelseas last season, I really don't want to go back and forth with you on this matter as it would lead to nowhere, you hate mourinho so there is nothing I would say which would change your stance on what you feel about him and many here will see my view as being sentimental but I don't think mourinho is to be fully blamed for last seasons woes. He definitely has a share of the blame but there were many factors which I can't go into right now due to time.

So when you look at Last seasons Chelsea.

Look at this seasons Chelsea

Look at this seasons Man utd

How come CHelsea last season is looking like Man Utd this season in results while the only common thing to both teams is Jose Mourinho

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

She's old enough to be your Grand daughter...Respect yourself old man.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

How come CHelsea last season is looking like Man Utd this season in results while the only common thing to both teams is Jose Mourinho

Kante......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

You are still attempting to draw me back and forth with this but I think I'll pass. All I'll say is that this argument should take place by December /January, then can we begin to assess both Chelsea and man-u's projects.

By the way,what happened to your dayokano account Abi them give you life ban cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
diggz:

Kante......

You mean if Kante gets injured now Chelsea will stop winning or if Kante goes to Man Utd now they will start winning?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2016
donjazet:

You are still attempting to draw me back and forth with this but I think I'll pass. All I'll say is that this argument should take place by December /January, then can we begin to assess both Chelsea and man-u's projects.

By the way,what happened to your dayokano account Abi them give you life ban cheesy

Check the last posts on the account for details or the first posts on this account for details
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

why don't you look at Chelsea of last two season also?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
Raumdeuter some peeps on here are MOU worshippers! There's nothing u can tell them that will make them agree with u that their Lord and saviour is a fraud!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
Emaprince:
why don't you look at Chelsea of last two season also?

When you want to buy a car, house furniture, do you look at the pictures from 2yrs ago or you look at the most recent pictures?

WHen you want to marry a girl, do you look at her teenage looks or you look at her most recent look?

This iPhone5 is great come buy it for top price it was the best phone 2yrs ago

You should also consider Schweinsteigers, Fabregas Immobile etc form 2yrs ago and make him starting 11 player

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
Ibime:

Pep Guardiola 3-4-3 that employ high press, leaving the 3 centrebacks to defend 1-on-1.

Barcelona have enjoyed great success against a 3-4-3 with high press in the past, leading Debroslink to believe 3-4-3 is the easiest formation for Barca to play against.
correct
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2016
Debroslink:

He may have used that formation to win Serie A thrice, but we all saw how he flopped when the big boys were in town.

Let Chelsea FC qualify for UCL and face the best teams (MSN and BBC) with that formation before we can say he has passed the acid test.

undecided
mind you, Chelsea has enough money to buy quality players, and they are ready to spend it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

You mean if Kante gets injured now Chelsea will stop winning or if Kante goes to Man Utd now they will start winning?

YES...! Now, kill me... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

party? I nor dey o... shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2016
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
donjazet:
It's definitely too early to say this team can beat the elite teams in Europe but it's also wrong to say conte won't succeed in the Champions League because of his pedigree shocked shocked
Raumdeuter, juve had finished 7th when conte was appointed, they had not been in Europe for four consecutive seasons and Moreso their appearances preceding their eventual demise from Europe was very underwhelming.
As for conte himself, he was making his debut in the Champions League as a manager so he could be forgiven for underwhelming in his first season considering the factors I have earlier accentuated.
For juve to have eventually reached the final immediately conte left is proof that his gradual task of rebuilding juve had been completed.
Many fans and pundits certainly appreciate his efforts in rebuilding juve so it's very unfair to for raumdeuter to call him a failure in Europe but it's will certainly be a grand delusion of the highest order to say this Chelsea can beat Barça or Bayern or any of the elite yet but as a Chelsea fan, I believe we are gradually getting there.
i hope you still remember the line up that overcame barca and Bayern the last time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
The Conte effect: Chelsea boss hailed for turning David Luiz into a 'serious defender'

Luiz rejoined the Blues from Paris Saint-Germain during the summer transfer window.
Chelsea's summer recruit David Luiz looks like a "serious defender" under Antonio Conte, according to Jamie Redknapp. The pundit has been impressed by the Brazilian since his move from Paris Saint-Germain, observing that Luiz looks a much better player than he did during his first spell at Stamford Bridge.

Luiz, 29, played for the Blues from 2011 until 2014, when he moved to the French capital. But his career at Stamford Bridge was blighted by high-profile errors – and Luiz's shock return to West London during the summer transfer window created a lot of discussion among fans.). "There is a hunger about this Chelsea team," Redknapp said on Sky Sports. "The manager has brought that in and the players are buying into it.

"Every single player on that pitch is working hard and there's a desire about them again. Conte has got them so well drilled. Everybody knows their job when they have the ball and it suits them defensively as well.

"Luiz looks – I'm scared to say it – like a serious defender. You've got him buying into it as well, and that was a problem for Chelsea for many years. But when he's like that, he looks the real deal."
Chelsea's disciplined defensive display also impressed Gary Neville, who was previously critical of Luiz for overplaying in dangerous areas of the pitch. "This Chelsea team have not made a mistake today, they've not put a foot wrong," the former Manchester United captain said.
"The concentration and focus is there but the clean sheet mentality is the big thing for me, and it's there right through the team these past few weeks. Even Luiz is kicking it into the stand when two years ago he might have done a Cruyff turn and tried to beat the attacker."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2016
Greatihex:
www.skysports.com/football/news/20876/10638445/jose-mourinho-looks-old-compared-to-jurgen-klopp-says-sunday-supplement-panel

What do you guys think about this?
What do u expect?, dude looks very unhappy. I doubt he sleeps well lately. Wanna feel for him bt dude don too fck up for me to pity him.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
This time last year, despite being the defending Premier League title holders, Chelsea were in dire straits, Jose Mourinho was losing his grip, the team was in free-fall and any hopes of retaining the Premier League title had faded fast.

After playing the opening 10 Premier League games Chelsea had amassed a paltry 11 points, more relegation form than title winning form.

Just six weeks down the line one Jose Mourinho was removed from office.

This season, after 10 Premier League games, Chelsea have accumulated double that number of points and have amassed 22.

The team is on the up, sitting just one point off of the top and are on a run of four successive victories in the Premier League, with Antonio Conte at the helm things are on the up.

As for the person now known as 'The Previous One` he`s still up to his old tricks.

His Manchester United team, despite having spent a fortune, are off the pace and sit in eighth place in the Premier League.

Mourinho`s side have accumulated fewer points after 10 games than David Moyes, in his ill-fated reign, had.

Jose spent the second half of the game, against Burnley, sat in the stands (shades of West Ham away last season), once again having fallen foul of the referee, he already faces an FA charge for words he spoke about another referee Anthony Taylor, does a leopard ever change its spots?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
Greatihex:
i hope you still remember the line up that overcame barca and Bayern the last time?
Yes! But that was a team that was built as a mechanical team. A team that was good in the art of defending, a team that was the antithesis or antidote for those teams(barca/bayern). Now, we are trying to match them, to play like them and that requires time.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

What do u expect?, dude looks very unhappy. I doubt he sleeps well lately. Wanna feel for him bt dude don too fck up for me to pity him.
i still like the man. His ability to get results in big matches. he usually beats the fans expectations.

I can't forget how Chelsea were close to winning the super cup with one less man against a Bayern team that was wosky.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
donjazet:

Yes! But that was a team that was built as a mechanical team. A team that was good in the art of defending, a team that was the antithesis or antidote for those teams(barca/bayern). Now, we are trying to match them, to play like them and that requires time.
i saw something in this Chelsea team when they played against Southampton. The team was able to stay compact and focused when defending and direct, when attacking. this is the same way his Italy team played. It is about balance. his Italian team didn't match the Spanish team, but they beat them and also held the German team for 120 minutes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
donjazet:
The Conte effect: Chelsea boss hailed for turning David Luiz into a 'serious defender'
"Every single player on that pitch is working hard and there's a desire about them again. Conte has got them so well drilled. Everybody knows their job when they have the ball and it suits them defensively as well.

"Luiz looks – I'm scared to say it – like a serious defender. You've got him buying into it as well, and that was a problem for Chelsea for many years. But when he's like that, he looks the real deal."
Chelsea's disciplined defensive display also impressed Gary Neville, who was previously critical of Luiz for overplaying in dangerous areas of the pitch. "This Chelsea team have not made a mistake today, they've not put a foot wrong," the former Manchester United captain said.
"The concentration and focus is there but the clean sheet mentality is the big thing for me, and it's there right through the team these past few weeks. Even Luiz is kicking it into the stand when two years ago he might have done a Cruyff turn and tried to beat the attacker.
"

David luiz just needed a coach good in human relations, who would sit him down, tell him the quality he is made of and what is needed to improve on to make him the best defender in the world. Though i knew luiz would become good, but not this soon. I am really impressed with conte's inputs and the players readiness to work.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
Chelshit fans plagiarizing articles Left and Right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
Meanwhile, I must say I love the cult-like culture I see in this team. Conte is so clear about what he wants and simply don't have room for those unwilling or unable to fit his exacting standard.

It is binary, there is no middle ground. Only those who fit extremely well with his core ideology and demanding standards are good to start. If you are a misfit you get expunged like a virus.

Just look at Mikel, Fabregas and JT.

This is what makes a manager and to be honest I'm happy to have this man around.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
airmark:

David luiz just needed a coach good in human relations, who would sit him down, tell him the quality he is made of and what is needed to improve on to make him the best defender in the world. Though i knew luiz would become good, but not this soon. I am really impressed with conte's inputs and the players readiness to work.

You can't have stated it better! He looks so good so far being at the heart of the defense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) ... (19172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: poshemmanuel(m), popizaino(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.