Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10438794 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
liveLongNprospa:
rumdeuter please can you tell us if this is beasting a final?

This is beasting a final

Jerome Boateng (7.5/10): Took a knock in the first half but recovered, which was very good news for Bayern fans. Perhaps Bayern's most likely weakness heading into the match, Boateng played with newfound maturity and tactical discipline. Was turned once by Lewandowski, but otherwise did very well to track the physically imposing striker.

Jerome Boateng
Preferred at centre-back to Daniel van Buten and began nervously but did improve and look increasingly assured as the match unfolded. 6

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
LordEmperoris1:
But why is alago not popular enough to win awards, at least his beasting of finals should av made him popular

Some players are media favourite especially most English players thats why they get nominated regularly but are wackk

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
CHELSEA'S GARDEN OF EDEN: HOW CONTE MADE HAZARD GREAT AGAIN Nizaar Kinsella The Belgian's return to form has coincided with an impressive run for the Blues which sees them back in the Premier League title race ANALYSIS Eden Hazard is back with a vengeance as he claims his first PFA Player of the Month award - and only a season after being in the football wilderness under a struggling Jose Mourinho-led Blues side. The 25-year-old's award win was for the month of October where he scored three goals and got an assist in his side's four league games - while he also scored twice in Chelsea's last match, which took place in November, as they went on to beat Everton 5-0 at Stamford Bridge. Conte reveals Fabregas & Oscar future Meanwhile, Hazard has gone on the best run of his career having scored in Chelsea's last four games. That beats his previous career best of scoring in three consecutive games. Antonio Conte has brought the fear factor back to Hazard and Chelsea, who have leap frogged the likes of Arsenal and Manchester City in the table. Hazard's run of goals has boosted him up the goalscoring charts to seven goals, which means he is the league's third-top goalscorer behind Diego Costa and Sergio Aguero. The pacey forward looks transformed from last season, when he suffered an agonising 356-day goal drought in the league. Now he looks capable of scoring at will and won man of the match in his last two games against Southampton and Everton. In fact, Hazard has won more man of the match awards than any other player in 2016, despite his bad run last season. The PFA Player of the Year for the 2014-15 season is confident again and believes that he can go become one of football's most talked about talents by, one day, winning the Balon d'Or. "I want to come back on the list [for the Ballon d'Or]," Hazard said after Chelsea's victory over Everton. "I will give everything to be on the list, not to be in the top 23 but to be in the top five. I want to reach that level." Chelsea team news & likely line-up "Last season was difficult for me. I tried to be the same player that I was two years ago, But now I am trying to play like when I was a kid. "I am enjoying playing now, my position is a bit different from before, I go inside more. It gives me more freedom, and I'm good for the moment. Conte has not change a lot, it is just that I have a little bit more freedom when we have the ball and without the ball." Guus Hiddink last season talked about getting Hazard playing like a "kid" again by removing the burdens placed on him by Mourinho, whose tough management style crushed his star's creative spark. Hazard wasn't scared to invite the Messi and Ronaldo comparisons on himself, but Conte perhaps rightfully wanted to rein in the narrative ahead of Chelsea's visit to Middlesbrough. “I think we have to go, like the team, step by step." Conte told a news conference, at Cobham Training Centre. "It's important now that Eden is showing his talent and playing very well. Then if we want to compare him with the other players? Revealed: Chelsea's transfer plans That's not right at this moment. He has all the potential to do great things in his career. But, for now, it's important he's putting himself in the team. That's the best situation for us.” Conte is also more tender than Mourinho and nurturing style of management has given him the opportunity to push Hazard players physically and tactically on the training pitch. The switch to a 3-4-3 formation from the 4-2-3-1 formation of last season helps Hazard as he prefers to defend from the front, rather than track full-backs into his own half. Amazingly, Hazard is offering a huge contribution to his side defensively and has won possession in the attacking third 12 times - more than any other Premier League player this season. Hazard wins Player of the Month award Opta data also shows that Hazard's average position on the pitch is further forward than Diego Costa's position. Conte asks his forward to use his pace to run beyond Costa - who in turn is comfortable with dropping deep. His ability to play as a striker gives Conte tactical flexibility when they defend deeper away from home, as they did against Southampton at the St Mary's. In fact, throughout Chelsea's five-game winning run in the league, Hazard has played further forward than Costa in all of his side's games except for the 4-0 win over Manchester United. If you are not automatically redirected, click here. "I must focus on my offensive role," Hazard said while on duty with Belgium. "The wing- backs do the defensive work, that's the major change." Hazard was referring to the tireless work done by Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso, while Nemanja Matic has also played a major role in freeing up the forward. Conte didn't stumble upon this decision by accident as he revealed his thoughts on Hazard's new position a fortnight ago. Conte named Manager of the Month “I think that Eden is playing now more close to the goal,” Conte said. “He's participating more in offensive situations. I think it's better for him, this type of situation, which sees him staying in a position where he can finish easier compared to in the past. “For this reason, I think and I want Eden to continue in this way. We know his talent. He's a fantastic player. Also, I found a player who is working very well without the ball, working very well with the team. “This is very appreciated by his team-mates. The work of our strikers... It's important to continue that, with the same situation with Diego. They are working very well for the team. It's good.” Hazard has the highest ceiling of any of Conte's players and is Chelsea most valuable star who will be key to any silverware that the Blues can win this season. Conte's use of Hazard has proved he has both the people skills and tactical awareness required to be a manager at the very top of football. Hazard must remain fit if Chelsea are to achieve glory in Conte's first season and the combination of the Belgian's imagination and the Italian's pragmatism has led the Blues to be back amongst the big boys in world football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
raumdeuter:

This is beasting a final

Jerome Boateng (7.5/10): Took a knock in the first half but recovered, which was very good news for Bayern fans. Perhaps Bayern's most likely weakness heading into the match, Boateng played with newfound maturity and tactical discipline. Was turned once by Lewandowski, but otherwise did very well to track the physically imposing striker.

Jerome Boateng
Preferred at centre-back to Daniel van Buten and began nervously but did improve and look increasingly assured as the match unfolded. 6
Oh now whorescored is the holy grail grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
liveLongNprospa:
Oh now whorescored is the holy grail grin

There are many good sites and whoscored is one of them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
cc Airmark whoscored things again. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
raumdeuter:
In 4 yrs time , Salzburgs brother RPB Leipzig might be the team to trouble Bayern in the Bundesliga

This is what we call football knowledge. This was predicted over 2 years ago

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
raumdeuter:

This is what we call football knowledge. This was predicted over 2 years ago
See how AirborneLacer was vehemently disagreeing with you. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
weedtaker:
cc Airmark whoscored things again. cool

The same whoscored.com the f00l sidestepped in fifa world cup final rating o, because boathand was poorly rated . When you have an irresponsible old man around disgracing himself, you will allow him to finish his macabre dance before stripping him naked and flog the shameless being to death.

16 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kinggenesis(m): 3:23am On Nov 19, 2016
airmark:

The same whoscored.com the f00l sidestepped in fifa world cup final rating o, because boathand was poorly rated . When you have an irresponsible old man around disgracing himself, you will allow him to finish his macabre dance before stripping him naked and flog the shameless being to death.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funjosh(m): 5:13am On Nov 19, 2016
airmark:

Chai!

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:57am On Nov 19, 2016
Now for those that were saying i was defending hazard's under performance last season hear from the horse's mouth.

"I'm playing without pain now. Last year was complicated. Some people didn't believe it, but I played with [a hip] injury for a long time.

"I was never 100 per cent and when you are not completely fit it's hard to play at your best.

"But I had a good break after the Euros, a good pre-season, and was ready. Liberated, yes. It feels like that sometimes, being injury-free and if a system brings the best out of you.

"They only conceded once from open play in five matches, and when teams come up against us now they find they don't have many sights of goal, either. Personally, it allows me to concentrate more on the attacking parts of the game, the offensive side."-EDEN HAZARD

The last paragraph talking about him tracking back to defend and create from midfield and you expect such player to be scoring goals for fun, in epl.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:04am On Nov 19, 2016
Greatihex:
CHELSEA'S GARDEN OF EDEN:
HOW CONTE MADE HAZARD
GREAT AGAIN
Nizaar Kinsella
The Belgian's return to form has coincided
with an impressive run for the Blues which
sees them back in the Premier League title
race
ANALYSIS
Eden Hazard is back with a vengeance as he
claims his first PFA Player of the Month
award - and only a season after being in
the football wilderness under a struggling
Jose Mourinho-led Blues side.
The 25-year-old's award win was for the
month of October where he scored three
goals and got an assist in his side's four
league games - while he also scored twice in
Chelsea's last match, which took place in
November, as they went on to beat Everton
5-0 at Stamford Bridge.
Conte reveals Fabregas & Oscar future
Meanwhile, Hazard has gone on the best run
of his career having scored in Chelsea's last
four games. That beats his previous career
best of scoring in three consecutive games.
Antonio Conte has brought the fear factor
back to Hazard and Chelsea, who have leap
frogged the likes of Arsenal and Manchester
City in the table. Hazard's run of goals has
boosted him up the goalscoring charts
to seven goals, which means he is the
league's third-top goalscorer behind Diego
Costa and Sergio Aguero.
The pacey forward looks transformed from
last season, when he suffered an agonising
356-day goal drought in the league. Now he
looks capable of scoring at will and won
man of the match in his last two games
against Southampton and Everton.
In fact, Hazard has won more man of the
match awards than any other player in 2016,
despite his bad run last season. The PFA
Player of the Year for the 2014-15 season is
confident again and believes that he can go
become one of football's most talked about
talents by, one day, winning the Balon
d'Or.
"I want to come back on the list [for the
Ballon d'Or]," Hazard said after Chelsea's
victory over Everton. "I will give everything
to be on the list, not to be in the top 23
but to be in the top five. I want to reach
that level."
Chelsea team news & likely line-up
"Last season was difficult for me. I tried to
be the same player that I was two years
ago, But now I am trying to play like when
I was a kid.
"I am enjoying playing now, my position is
a bit different from before, I go inside
more. It gives me more freedom, and I'm
good for the moment. Conte has not change
a lot, it is just that I have a little bit more
freedom when we have the ball and without
the ball."

Guus Hiddink last season talked about
getting Hazard playing like a "kid" again by
removing the burdens placed on him by
Mourinho, whose tough management style
crushed his star's creative spark.
Hazard wasn't scared to invite the Messi
and Ronaldo comparisons on himself, but
Conte perhaps rightfully wanted to rein in
the narrative ahead of Chelsea's visit to
Middlesbrough.
“I think we have to go, like the team, step
by step." Conte told a news conference, at
Cobham Training Centre. "It's important
now that Eden is showing his talent and
playing very well. Then if we want to
compare him with the other players?
Revealed: Chelsea's transfer plans
That's not right at this moment. He has all
the potential to do great things in his
career. But, for now, it's important he's
putting himself in the team. That's the best
situation for us.”
Conte is also more tender than
Mourinho and nurturing style
of management has given him the
opportunity to push Hazard players
physically and tactically on the training
pitch.
The switch to a 3-4-3 formation from the
4-2-3-1 formation of last season helps
Hazard as he prefers to defend from the
front, rather than track full-backs into his
own half. Amazingly, Hazard is offering a
huge contribution to his side defensively
and has won possession in the attacking
third 12 times - more than any other
Premier League player this season.
Hazard wins Player of the Month award
Opta data also shows that Hazard's average
position on the pitch is further forward
than Diego Costa's position. Conte asks his
forward to use his pace to run beyond Costa
- who in turn is comfortable with dropping
deep.
His ability to play as a striker gives Conte
tactical flexibility when they defend deeper
away from home, as they did against
Southampton at the St Mary's. In fact,
throughout Chelsea's five-game winning run
in the league, Hazard has played further
forward than Costa in all of his side's
games except for the 4-0 win over
Manchester United.
If you are not automatically redirected, click
here.
"I must focus on my offensive role," Hazard
said while on duty with Belgium. "The wing-
backs do the defensive work, that's the
major change."
Hazard was referring to the tireless work
done by Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso,
while Nemanja Matic has also played a
major role in freeing up the forward. Conte
didn't stumble upon this decision by
accident as he revealed his thoughts on
Hazard's new position a fortnight ago.
Conte named Manager of the Month
“I think that Eden is playing now more
close to the goal,” Conte said. “He's
participating more in offensive situations. I
think it's better for him, this type of
situation, which sees him staying in a
position where he can finish easier
compared to in the past.
“For this reason, I think and I want Eden to
continue in this way. We know his talent.
He's a fantastic player. Also, I found a
player who is working very well without the
ball, working very well with the team.
“This is very appreciated by his team-mates.
The work of our strikers... It's important to
continue that, with the same situation with
Diego. They are working very well for the
team. It's good.”
Hazard has the highest ceiling of any of
Conte's players and is Chelsea most valuable
star who will be key to any silverware that
the Blues can win this season. Conte's use
of Hazard has proved he has both the
people skills and tactical awareness required
to be a manager at the very top of
football.
Hazard must remain fit if Chelsea are to
achieve glory in Conte's first season and the
combination of the Belgian's imagination
and the Italian's pragmatism has led the
Blues to be back amongst the big boys in
world football.
For those him haters who expect him to be scoring for fun shey una dey see the bolded part.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2016
bykebyke:

See how AirborneLacer was vehemently disagreeing with you. grin grin

Na when this board still be fun. When we deliberately ask for brawls cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
Chelsea will go top again tomorrow after Liverpool's draw today grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ake scores for Bournemouth
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
Palace score.

Get in!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Jose Mourinho says it may be his own fault that his start at Manchester United has been criticised in some quarters because he has "put the level so high". On the eve of his latest clash with Arsene Wenger, Mourinho claimed that he is not accorded as much respect as his Arsenal counterpart. "Maybe it's my fault," he said ahead of the Arsenal showdown. "Maybe I put the level so high, that people don't expect different than that. "I won at every club, I was champion in every club, I won cups with every club. 'Rashford's chance to shine' Redknapp urges striker to take big-game opportunity "I won in every country, I won in four different countries. I won in Europe, I won in domestic competitions. "I won always in the first or second season, so nobody here is saying 'OK, let's see if he can win with Man United at the third season'. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price "Nobody is saying that, nobody is saying that. Nobody says I deserve time, that I deserve credibility, that it's not a bad result that affects the credibility of somebody with 23 titles in four different countries. That's just that. "Maybe it's my fault, so I'm not even against you or upset with the pundits that are being critical. Maybe I should be proud of it, because maybe it's my fault."

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
"We were the best team by far," he told Sky Sports. "I don't want to say they didn't want to win, I prefer to say they had no chances to win. "They could not be Arsenal the way they normally play. We were phenomenal from a defensive point of view. "The way we pressed, the way we were very strong, the way we controlled their counter attacks, the way we controlled their best players. We were phenomenal. "I am really happy with the team, but at the moment I consider us the unluckiest team in the Premier League because it is the reality. "If you analyse the last three matches. Against Stoke we have to win 5-0 or 6-0 and we draw. Against Burnley we have to win 5-0 or 6-0 and we draw and today we have to win 2-0 or 3-0 and we draw. "We are the unluckiest team but the team is playing well, the players are working really well." Andre Marriner waved away Antonio Valencia's appeal for a penalty against Arsenal United had a penalty shout turned down by Andre Marriner in the first half when Antonio Valencia went down under the challenge of Nacho Monreal. But Mourinho refused to criticise the referee, describing Marriner as "an honest man". "I have a very good feeling with Andre Marriner," he continued. "He is the kind of referee that if he makes mistakes against my team, I know there is no intention. "I remember the words he told us before the game in the dressing room and the words were, 'I don't want to be seen, I want you to help me do my work.' "He's right, he doesn't want to be the star of the show. He wants to be an honest man and a good referee. If it was a mistake I don't want to say yes or no. "I know because I have watched on the video a few times, but I don't want to say whether it is a mistake or not." Olivier Giroud heads past David De Gea to equalise for Arsenal Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain skipped past Marcus Rashford before setting up the equaliser for Giroud, but Mourinho was keen to avoid attaching blame to the young forward. "First of all, Chamberlain is a fast and fresh player on the pitch," he added. "He has a one- on-one against a kid that everybody wants to play every minute of every game but that's not possible. "He was beaten in the one against one and then they have a cross into the box in a moment when they have, not just the strikers, but a central defender in [Laurent] Koscielny. "The numbers we had to compete was not the best and we conceded a goal we didn't deserve. "The only time we had a situation we couldn't resolve, they scored the goal so they were the lucky ones and we were the unlucky ones. That's football."

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
Offtopic
YAYA TOURE...2 goals already ...That is how you announce your come back.. Pep is such an idiot grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ogbeche77:
Offtopic
YAYA TOURE...2 goals already ...That is how you announce your come back.. Pep is such an idiot grin grin

Pep is a cunthole grin cheesy

Pa Ramuzaki will not like this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
elrony:
Pep is a cunthole grin cheesy

Pa Ramuzaki will not like this

Yaya apologized and got back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
MetaHuman:
Chelsea will go top again tomorrow after Liverpool's draw today grin
nwanne IBU onye amuma..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ogbeche77:
Offtopic
this shows DAT yaya has been and will always be d heart behind city and pep almost foolishly didn't know ds....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yaya apologized and got back.

Did his agent apologise as well?

Pep no get liver grin cheesygrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
elrony:
Did his agent apologise as well?

Pep no get liver grin cheesygrin

Only Yaya was required to apologize
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Another lie from apari. This is how you always come here to type fallacies . His agent was asked to appologise. Oponu pa ramuzaki. cheesy

Pep : "The day after his agent spoke and in that moment Yaya is out. Unless Mr Dimitri Seluk comes back in the press or speaks to his friends in the media - because he hasn't the courage to call me - and apologise to Manchester City first of all, then his teammates, and afterwards the trainer "

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

grin cheesy grin
Baba, his agent was to apologise too, according to Pep!

So did he?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godstraight(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]make that dunce called ramuzaki nor come here oh

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
elrony:
grin cheesy grin
Baba, his agent was to apologise too, according to Pep!

So did he?

It doesnt matter Yaya apologized thats why he was allowed back in the team

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2016
If Hazard does not bang in a hat-trick today, I won't be happy with him at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BarcaBlood: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2016
Chelseafan1:
If Hazard does not bang in a hat-trick today, I won't be happy with him at all.

lol hazardfan1, let chelsea sha win, dats d koko. D odd was too swit to ignore

(1) (2) (3) ... (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: engrelvis(m), Sulele04(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.