Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10517427 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2415) (2416) (2417) (2418) (2419) (2420) (2421) ... (19154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:25am On Dec 20, 2016
Nihilist:

Hold up for who?

This was the story of Lukaku last night.

If you play a hold up man, then somebody has to be coming short to collect the ball.

Koeman is playing 3 dms in effect and 2 ultra useless wingers. What do you want lukaku to do? cheesy
To do something sensible with the ball. He did nothing with it. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:39am On Dec 20, 2016
FBS:

To do something sensible with the ball. He did nothing with it. cheesy

Can you give me an exact example of what you mean?

These are the passes that Lukaku recieved all game. Just ONE was in the box.

Almost all of them are long balls from Coleman or Stekelenburg. What sensible thing should a striker not blessed with immense technique do when his teammates cant even be bothered to give him a ball inside the box 18?

Note how many balls were received around the centre circle too

Is that how they used to do in Russia egbon FBS? cheesy

On a more serious note though, like I said before, his touch was often bad last night, but that's not something that we just found out. But when a manager insists that his defenders should keep launching hopeful 60 yard balls at Lukaku, what can we expect?

Imagine a the called creative midfielder registering less than 60% pass completion tori Olorun.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nihilist:

Can you give me an exact example of what you mean?

These are the passes that Lukaku recieved all game. Just ONE was in the box.

Almost all of them are long balls from Coleman or Stekelenburg. What sensible thing should a striker not blessed with immense technique do when his teammates cant even be bothered to give him a ball inside the box 18?

Note how many balls were received around the centre circle too

Is that how they used to do in Russia egbon FBS? cheesy

On a more serious note though, like I said before, his touch was often bad last night, but that's not something that we just found out. But when a manager insists that his defenders should keep launching hopeful 60 yard balls at Lukaku, what can we expect?

Imagine a the called creative midfielder registering less than 60% pass completion tori Olorun.
Egbon Nihilist, I know you are trying to be funny, but you are not.

And yeah, lets blame Ross, Ronald but not Romelu. Very convenient.

Simple question, those passes he received for center circle, midfield or wherever, what did he do with them? Did he bring any of his team mates into play or he lost them? easily?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
FBS:

Egbon Nihilist, I know you are trying to be funny, but you are not.

And yeah, lets blame Ross, Ronald but not Romelu. Very convenient.

Simple question, those passes he received for center circle, midfield or wherever, what did he do with them? Did he bring any of his team mates into play or he lost them? easily?

This is not a matter of convenience. Afterall I did not write that article.

I have given you stats, articles, charts. I have asked you to give a clear example of maybe one particular play and highlight what you felt the boy did wrong and could have done better.

I posted a picture of Lukaku and Valencia alone and surrounded by 7 Red shirts. What do you want a striker forced to come to centre circle to touch ball to do?
Oya see match reports from yesterday

BBC
Everton also failed to give sufficient support to main marksman Romelu Lukaku and Koeman will surely be looking to address this problem in the January transfer window.

Daily Mail
ROMELU LUKAKU - Had to feed on scraps which was shame because he unsettled Liverpool's defenders when he got on the ball

Goal.com
R. Lukaku Gave Klavan real problems before the break, but thereafter service to him dried up and he became a peripheral figure.

SKy Sports even did one very long piece a few weeks back on how Koeman is hurting Lukaku's game....I will look for it and post it here for you. You cannot realistically expect a lot from a Striker that gets no service.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
dyabman:

True !

Forget Nihighweed i full ground dey wait , i don't need to speak grammar grin
well my good man you would do well to remember that lovely panty pic of yours. Unleashing it Would make us all laugh for a day at least. grin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
Password :

Ibime = Lampard
Nihilist=lukaku
Hensben=Hazard
FBS= Willian
Chelseafan1=Hazard
Raumdeuter= boateng
Elampiro=Rooney
Bigkesh= youth players
Airmark=terry

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
diggz:
Password :

Ibime = Lampard
Nihilist=lukaku
Hensben=Hazard
FBS= Willian
Chelseafan1=Hazard
Raumdeuter= boateng
Elampiro=Rooney
Bigkesh= youth players
Airmark=terry
grin grin Nihilist, Elampiro and Chelseafan1 are the most correct. Every other moniker there may be around 95% okay.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
Emaprince:
grin grin Nihilist, Elampiro and Chelseafan1 are the most correct. Every other moniker there may be around 95% okay.

Ibime no dey use lampard matter play bro grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
FBS oya come and look at this article.

http://www.skysportsracing.com/transfer/news/11096/10685808/everton-not-playing-to-romelu-lukakus-strengths-under-ronald-koeman

I think the last paragraph is succinctly put
At the moment, though, Everton are guilty of playing a system that doesn't suit him, with not enough players to compliment his game, wasting their most dangerous asset.

So you can BBC, Football365, Goal.Com, Dailymail, Sky Sports are all highlighting the shocking lack of service Lukaku is getting. I take your point that Lukaku can do better, and that is definitely true...but there's only so much you can do when as a striker you no fit even see 1 single through pass in some games....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nihilist:
FBS oya come and look at this article.

http://www.skysportsracing.com/transfer/news/11096/10685808/everton-not-playing-to-romelu-lukakus-strengths-under-ronald-koeman

I think the last paragraph is succinctly put

So you can BBC, Football365, Goal.Com, Dailymail, Sky Sports are all highlighting the shocking lack of service Lukaku is getting. I take your point that Lukaku can do better, and that is definitely true...but there's only so much you can do when as a striker you no fit even see 1 single through pass in some games....
Egbon what your take on hamez Rodriguez replacing Oscar.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
pamcode:
well my good man you would do well to remember that lovely panty pic of yours. Unleashing it Would make us all laugh for a day at least. grin angry

Identify yourself bro and how come you knew about a Panty pic and that wasn't me anyway . angry

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
Agbakolly:
Egbon what your take on hamez Rodriguez replacing Oscar.

75m is too much. 20-25m would be a good deal. He's left footed and can slot in on that right wing in 343.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nihilist:

75m is too much. 20-25m would be a good deal. He's left footed and can slot in on that right wing in 343.

Who do you think they are talking about Is this Jay Rodriguez of Southampton?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

You guys can kuku sign him then. Shebi it was your current gaffer that signed him for Madrid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nihilist:
You guys can kuku sign him then. Shebi it was your current gaffer that signed him for Madrid.

Lol. How much do you think Lukaku is worth in the market? 15M?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Jankara market ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
An injury to Moses or Alonso is all I need for Christmas...Their Midfield is pure shit_, Hatzard will soon embark on another Houdini, Costa is a few matches away from his Insanity Regressing back into form...Willian is an anthropomorphic, Headless Chicken that boy.

Who else?? Ah Kante...I like him, lemme free him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

We know he was priced for 55 and Everton refused so...

Anyway there's no way James is worth even 30m let alone 75. If we do sign him for such a stupid price then that Oscar deal should be probed by the FBI, because no serious business would immediately splurge such profits on a Colombian rude boy and occasional footballer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
dyabman:
Jankara market ?

Bend down select market or Ladipo market Where dem dey sell jambody or mechanic spare tools like Lukaku

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nihilist:

Hes not pacey enough to play that RWF
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
dyabman:

Identify yourself bro and how come you knew about a Panty pic and that wasn't me anyway . angry
Calm down I just dey joke now grin cheesy. No evils. I just felt like trolling you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nihilist:
We know he was priced for 55 and Everton refused so...

Anyway there's no way James is worth even 30m let alone 75. If we do sign him for such a stupid price then that Oscar deal should be probed by the FBI, because no serious business would immediately splurge such profits on a Colombian rude boy and occasional footballer.

Lukakus value according to transfermarkt is 40M, James transfermarkt value is 70M
http://www.transfermarkt.com/james-rodriguez/profil/spieler/88103
http://www.transfermarkt.com/romelu-lukaku/profil/spieler/96341
Whoever priced him at 55M thought Goodison Park would be added to the deal, Lukaku alone? with those 2 left legs wey be Klegs sef no fit worth more than 15M

When you can get any jambody agbero in oshodi to do the same thing: run, bump into or delierate jambody with players and with some good fortune the ball hit him on the way in. Like Samuel peters on a football field

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
hensben:
Hes not pacey enough to play that RWF

I don't think you really need pace in that area at all, just quick bursts of acceleration. Pace is only really useful out on the flanks heading towards the byline. A left footer on the right flank is going to be moving away from space into congested areas that prevent him from applying the pace anyway.

Close control and acceleration is more important than pace in those areas, see coutinho at pool, KDB on the left for city or Mahrez also at (a different) city as examples of none pacy assassins on the flanks as inverted wingers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Lukakus value according to transfermarkt is 40M, James transfermarkt value is 70M
http://www.transfermarkt.com/james-rodriguez/profil/spieler/88103
http://www.transfermarkt.com/romelu-lukaku/profil/spieler/96341
Whoever priced him at 55M thought Goodison Park would be added to the deal, Lukaku alone? with those 2 left legs wey be Klegs sef no fit worth more than 15M

When you can get any jambody agbero in oshodi to do the same thing: run, bump into or delierate jambody with players and with some good fortune the ball hit him on the way in. Like Samuel peters on a football field

40m is still very expensive for a 23 year old striker. Alexis Sanchez and Diego Costa were signed for less.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
dyabman:

Rflmao..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dayo could be the answer grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
£70m for Rodriguez? Because of what? 4 things I will do with that money before I think of spending on Rodriguez.

1. Tempt Arsenal with £60m for Sanchez.
2. Tempt PSG with £60m for Verratii
3. Keep Pedro.
4. Promote Musonda

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nihilist:

I don't think you really need pace in that area at all, just quick bursts of acceleration. Pace is only really useful out on the flanks heading towards the byline. A left footer on the right flank is going to be moving away from space into congested areas that prevent him from applying the pace anyway.

Close control and acceleration is more important than pace in those areas, see coutinho at pool, KDB on the left for city or Mahrez also at (a different) city as examples of none pacy assassins on the flanks as inverted wingers.
Well, you have a strong point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
^^^
Na who James wan help @ 70mil?

Kennedy can also be an option on that side of the pitch. Not forgetting we still have traore and cuadrado. Abeg,James can face Munich , PSG, manU or China.....

We have more pressing needs e.g. calamity Cahill's position.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
pamcode:
Calm down I just dey joke now grin cheesy. No evils. I just felt like trolling you.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
Chelsea better not think about signing James. I go seriously vex.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Damn! We gon waste this Oscar money on James? sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (2415) (2416) (2417) (2418) (2419) (2420) (2421) ... (19154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.