Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10517550 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2418) (2419) (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) ... (19154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
afrodoc2:

Is 9% better than 5% or not? Guy you fit start argument in an empty room.

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
CFCman:
@raumdeuter: do you think USA should bid for the 2026 World Cup? The FIFA has already blocked European and Asian nations from bidding.

If we bid I believe we will get it, Olympic numbers show people aren't enthused about a South American trip...Africa isn't even worthy, only Australia can pose a threat.

I am confident if we waltz in and grab them by the Pussy, we will get the Bidding.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
chic2pimp:

Costa was great in La Liga. There is a reason He was the top scorer for a Title winning team. Aguero was also easily one of the best players in the league during his time there. Shame Atletico were not that good. Sanchez was also decent. He was outstanding in his last season. He was 4th top scorer in the league playing in a team that had Messi.

On average Teams in the Premier league play more games than their La Liga counterparts. Carling Cup,League,FA Cup and Uefa competitions. Add to the fact they get no winter break whatsoever. No be beans abeg.

The likes of City and Arsenal would happily bite your hands if you offered them Real's schedule.

Real Madrid this season if they make the CL semi will play over 50 games. None of Chelsea Liverpool or City will make that number

In the last 3 seasons the top La Liga teams have played more games than their EPL counterparts, They play Super cup, they travel far away in the middle of the season for CWC, they go deeper in Europe while the English ones are home, Copa del rey is 2 legged.

But dont let facts stand in the way of myths

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
chic2pimp:

If Ross was a product of La Masia, the spanish media will think christmas has early. Pace,Power, Intelligence and raw technique rolled into one. Iniesta on roids!

many of Ross Barkleys talents are in Bilbao when they are fortunate, In most cases they are in division 2 playing with Oviedo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
I saw this on reddit.

Most injured team in Europe in the last 5 yrs

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
NickleTheory:

If we bid I believe we will get it, Olympic numbers show people aren't enthused about a South American trip...Africa isn't even worthy, only Australia can pose a threat.

I am confident if we waltz in and grab them by the Pussy, we will get the Bidding.
Lol
I also believe the US will win the hosting rights if we bid. The infrastructure is there, and a huge market too; although most the matches will be held in NFL stadia. But that isn't an issue.

My host cities would be:
-San Diego (Qualcomm or Chargers new stadium)
- Los Angeles (Rams Stadium)
- Phoenix
-Seattle
-Philadelphia
-New Jersey
-Miami
-Dallas
-Chicago
-Washington DC
-Columbus, Ohio
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

You must be having a laugh when evidence shows us that an EPL dominated team will always fail at major tournaments. With other teams running them around smartly

In the last 2 tournaments England was sent home by Iceland and Costa Rica

The most sensible players in the EPL are those that grew up in other football cultures. Like Ozil, Silva, Mata, KdBruyne, Fabregas, Eriksen. Who are the footballers who grew up English cultures that have a football brain? Compare those above to Barkley, Wilshere, Walcott, Oxlade, Sterling, Alli who are English

This lends credence to the superior physicality of the league. The players are completely shattered come the summer when these tournament roll around. Winter breaks can do wonders to one's fitness level.

Lampard,Carrick,Scholes,Ferdinand,Terry. Where they also trained abroad?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
Dayo your match is about to start, are you ready for the flogging?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

Real Madrid this season if they make the CL semi will play over 50 games. None of Chelsea Liverpool or City will make that number

In the last 3 seasons the top La Liga teams have played more games than their EPL counterparts, They play Super cup, they travel far away in the middle of the season for CWC, they go deeper in Europe while the English ones are home, Copa del rey is 2 legged.

But dont let facts stand in the way of myths

Dayo there is a world of difference between the top 5 or 6 teams playing more games in a less tasking league and the full 20 teams playing in a more demanding league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
chic2pimp:

This lends credence to the superior physicality of the league. The players are completely shattered come the summer when these tournament roll around. Winter breaks can do wonders to one's fitness level.

Of those you listed which of them has a creative brain? I will give you scholes and partly Lampard. Terry ad Ferdinand are classic examples of brainless footballers EPL produce.

The Spanish players who make the finals stages of CL and Europa are not complaining of shattered, Barca travelled to Japan for CWC, Madrid did, they will play till CL semi in May but its Arsenal thats out by February of Europe by February and Liverpool + Man utd who didnt even qualify for Europe that are shattered

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
chic2pimp:
Dayo there is a world of difference between the top 5 or 6 teams playing more games in a less tasking league and the full 20 teams playing in a more demanding league.

This is a lie because aside the top teams in EPL most of the others dont make it beyond Carling and FA cup 3rd round, they dont play in Europe at all.

Bilbao last season probably played more games than most EPL sides because of the 2 legged games in Copa del rey

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
CFCman:

Lol
I also believe the US will win the hosting rights if we bid. The infrastructure is there, and a huge market too; although most the matches will be held in NFL stadia. But that isn't an issue.

My host cities would be:
- Phoenix
-Seattle
-Philadelphia
-New Jersey
-Miami
-Dallas
-Chicago
-Washington DC
-Columbus, Ohio

Congress would never agree to this, I am pretty sure they will interfere with The soccer federation, the host cities are concentrated in the West and South...

I can even see arguments like Phoenix vs Dallas or Washington vs Philadelphia because those cities are too close.

Personally I would love the M&T stadium of the Ravens and strike out Philadelphia and DC, Mans aint got time or money or plane tickets grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
CFCman:
@rumdeuter: do you think USA should bid for the 2026 World Cup? The FIFA has already blocked European and Asian nations from bidding.

Why not. If Europe is out and Suth AMerica isnt eligible How may economically viable nations remain

Moreover Africa hosted in 2010, CONCACAF hasnt hosted since 1994
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
chic2pimp:

Lool... The league is a whole. If you can survive the rigorous demands of the Premier league, you can pretty much cope in any league in the world.
Again there is a marked difference between a player's lack of ability and the demands of the league.

If Bolasie plays even 10 games a season will he match Robben? Abeg let's leave story for Puff daddy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

Of those you listed which of them has a creative brain? I will give you scholes and partly Lampard. Terry ad Ferdinand are classic examples of brainless footballers EPL produce.

The Spanish players who make the finals stages of CL and Europa are not complaining of shattered, Barca travelled to Japan for CWC, Madrid did, they will play till CL semi in May but its Arsenal thats out by February of Europe by February and Liverpool + Man utd who didnt even qualify for Europe that are shattered

Spanish teams are on winter break right now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
CFCman:

Lol

My host cities would be:
- Phoenix
-Seattle
-Philadelphia
-New Jersey
-Miami
-Dallas
-Chicago
-Washington DC
-Columbus, Ohio

More stadium in the east coast New York, Boston,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nihilist:
Spanish teams are on winter break right now.

Bros why you dey lie like this? Sevilla is playing currently, Barcelona will play later today. Bilbao and Celta Vigo play tomorrow

So abeg which break are you talking about NihiLIEst?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

Bros why you dey lie like this? Sevilla is playing currently, Barcelona will play later today. Bilbao and Celta Vigo play tomorrow

So abeg which break are you talking about NihiLIEst?

Madrid are on winter break right now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nihilist:
Madrid are on winter break right now.

Madrid just travelled half way round the globe to play the CWC. Tell us any EPL team that has traveled half that distance to play a football match this season never mind 2

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

More stadium in the east coast New York, Boston,
Fox borough would be in contention
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
NickleTheory:

Congress would never agree to this, I am pretty sure they will interfere with The soccer federation, the host cities are concentrated in the West and South...

I can even see arguments like Phoenix vs Dallas or Washington vs Philadelphia because those cities are too close.

Personally I would love the M&T stadium of the Ravens and strike out Philadelphia and DC, Mans aint got time or money or plane tickets grin
Lol
The competition amongst will surely be fierce.
But there is no way a WC would be hosted in the US without mentioning Seattle, LA or Texas (Houston and Dallas). D.C. might not even make the shortlist.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
What is Youri Tielemans still doing in that league?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:31am On Dec 22, 2016
Nihilist:

Rodwell is the only one of those players that wasn't playing in Europe, but that's only because he never played. All these guys played league, 2 cups and European games with no winter break unlike their counterparts in Germany who have fewer league games, and only 1 domestic cup, with a full month of break in between. Starting tommorow Bundelisga teams wont play again till end of January. Meanwhile EPL teams have 6 fixtures in that time frame...plus 1 FA Cup fixture. A club like Liverpool still has to play Carling Cup fixtures on top of that.

Then theres European fixtures. So please don't talk to me about Heavier Loads unless you have a situation in Germany where one team is playing 2 league games less than 72 hours apart.
When you say play in Europe I begin to wonder. How many seasons did Barkley, King play in Europe? Welbeck, Wilshere, Ox are not even regular starters either and their combined impact has been negligible

When I say load, bear in mind I am not just talking minutes I am talking anticipated production. Draxler as at 2012/2013 was helping his team top a CL group containing Arsenal. That is ability Barkley, Ox, Wilshere, Rodwell cannot reach even if EPL played just 10 matches

Nihilist:

Rodwell has never completed a season of football in his entire career due to injury yet has managed to show enough promise to command over 30 million pounds in transfer fees. Shebi he has to play to show the quality? Dude has managed only 16 league starts in 2 years due to injury. It makes no sense to call a player who's never fit to play an average joe.
Are you Papi Luwe in disguise? Hello! We are talking of a league where a team saw it fit to pay £30m for Yannick Goddamn Bolasie. Rodwell will not cost €10m in any other prudent league

Bia. What is Rodwell particularly good at? A player can be injury prone yet we still see flashes and say "if not for injuries". How does any of this apply to Rodwell?

Ohh and he is 25 btw.

Nihilist:

Barkley is a dullard no doubt, but Draxler would probably have died if he had to play in England from an early age. Draxler has only managed a maximum of 2150 league minutes in a season. Barkley played a whopping 1000 more league minutes last season and without a 30 day winter break.
This is myth and urban legend. These are trained, professional footballers not civilians like you and myself

Secondly Draxler has a track record of serious injuries as well. Which would obviously dent his apps

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:04am On Dec 22, 2016
chic2pimp:

If Ross was a product of La Masia, the spanish media will think christmas has early. Pace,Power, Intelligence and raw technique rolled into one. Iniesta on roids!
Shey na Rick Ross or that one from Friends you dey talk? Iniesta on roids ke? Baba shey na Gegemu, Asiama or Erujeje you drink? Shuo! Who dash Barkley

chic2pimp:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Lampard, Scholes, Carrick would not outshine Xavi, Pirlo e.t.c even if you gave them 9 months. Abinibi yato si ability
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Lampard, Scholes, Carrick would not outshine Xavi, Pirlo e.t.c even if you gave them 9 months. Abinibi yato si ability

Dont get carried away and start comparing Apples and Oranges. Keep your comparison between CMs and DMs. We cannot compare Muller to Xavi.

Lampard outshined each and every single AM in the world for over a decade.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2016
^^°^

You will soon start hearing things like, keeping possession, dribbling ,bossing finals abi scoring in WC final, blah blah blah blah.....

Double standard mofos...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2016
diggz:
^^°^

You will soon start hearing things like, keeping possession, dribbling ,bossing finals abi scoring in WC final, blah blah blah blah.....

Double standard mofos...

Guy i don tire for them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2016
diggz:
^^°^

Double standard mofos...
As far as dayo spits it... Up barka fans will eat and regurgitate it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ibime:

Dont get carried away and start comparing Apples and Oranges. Keep your comparison between CMs and DMs. We cannot compare Muller to Xavi.

Lampard outshined each and every single AM in the world for over a decade.
Over a decade? Why not over a century. You won't cool down with this burnt dodo you keep serving us. That statement doesn't even hold at club level never mind Internationally

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Over a decade? Why not over a century. You won't cool down with this burnt dodo you keep serving us. That statement doesn't even hold at club level never mind Internationally

Which Attacking Midfielder was greater during that period?

Ps: the likes of Xavi and Pirlo were Central Midfielders.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Again there is a marked difference between a player's lack of ability and the demands of the league.

If Bolasie plays even 10 games a season will he match Robben? Abeg let's leave story for Puff daddy

I never said the league would enhance your technical ability. It will toughen you up both physically and mentally.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nihilist:

Guy i don tire for them

U go fear fear na......Their logic is simply amazing really...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2418) (2419) (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) ... (19154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Taguchi, AirBay, afrodoc2 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.