Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10520036 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2419) (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) ... (19155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
Emaprince:
As far as dayo spits it... Up barka fans will eat and regurgitate it.

Before....! Wetin u dey expect? Dayo has turned into a religion with diehard followers.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
chic2pimp:

Which Attacking Midfielder was greater during that period?

Ps: the likes of Xavi and Pirlo were Central Midfielders.
What does Ibime mean by 'over a decade' what timeframe are we talking about? You have to show me how he was dominant for club and country over that 10+ year timeframe. Not throwing vague and ambiguous words
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
chic2pimp:

I never said the league would enhance your technical ability. It will toughen you up both physically and mentally.
Yes we can all see the toughness. You have to be a special kind of tough to get knocked out by a country like Iceland with the population of Mile 12 market on a busy day

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

What does Ibime mean by 'over a decade' what timeframe are we talking about? You have to show me how he was dominant for club and country over that 10+ year timeframe. Not throwing vague and ambiguous words
From the 03/04 season to the 13/14 season. I am trying to think of a more consistent/better Attacking Midfielder over that period of time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Yes we can all see the toughness. You have to be a special kind of tough to get knocked out by a country like Iceland with the population of Mile 12 market on a busy day
Still doesn't take away from the fact that the Premier League is the toughest and possibly most competitive in world footy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
chic2pimp:

Still doesn't take away from the fact that the Premier League is the toughest and possibly most competitive in world footy.
Who the toughness don epp? When would this toughness stop getting them from being disgraced by Iceland
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
chic2pimp:

From the 03/04 season to the 13/14 season. I am trying to think of a more consistent/better Attacking Midfielder over that period of time.
Lol that's a barely a decade for starters. Pls scratch that 03/04 from your list quick quick. Are you talking of a year Deco was the best thang smoking? In 2007 it was Kaka. In 2010 it was Sneijder, 12-14 the likes of Özil, Kroos, ADM e.t.c. That is even at club level we have not yet gotten to country
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
chic2pimp:

Still sipping the Kool aid

A league Leicester won is really tough. Tough ko tofu ni
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Over a decade? Why not over a century. You won't cool down with this burnt dodo you keep serving us. That statement doesn't even hold at club level never mind Internationally

That statement holds. Lampard is the top performing AM from 2002 - 2011 which is 10 seasons.

Muller is his heir from 2011-2016.

Those are my two top AMs over the last 15 years. Every other talk na wash.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
bigkesh:
What is Youri Tielemans still doing in that league?

Never knew someone else has noticed. I've got my eyes on this lad and I'm pretty sure he deserves better.

I wonder what these scouts do all day.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ibime:

That statement holds. Lampard is the top performing AM from 2002 - 2011 which is 10 seasons.

Muller is his heir from 2011-2016.

Those are my two top AMs over the last 15 years. Every other talk na wash.
You said over a decade. That was your first error. 02-11 is not a decade never mind over a decade.

Secondly Lampard did not become an elite AM till 03/04 or probably 04/05. Lmao 2002? Maybe you are talking about EPL sha because he was still a non entity in Europe at that time

Thirdly we had midfielders in that timeframe who significantly outshone Lampard in multiple seasons
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Who the toughness don epp? When would this toughness stop getting them from being disgraced by Iceland

Two different things. We are talking about the league here not countries
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Lol that's a barely a decade for starters. Pls scratch that 03/04 from your list quick quick. Are you talking of a year Deco was the best thang smoking? In 2007 it was Kaka. In 2010 it was Sneijder, 12-14 the likes of Özil, Kroos, ADM e.t.c. That is even at club level we have not yet gotten to country

O3/04- 13/14 is pretty much a decade. You are nitpicking. One year here one year there. Still If we were to look at those years, you'll find lampard to be amongst the top 3-5 AM in the world. Let's not kid ourselves, no attacking midfielder matched Lampard's productivity over that decade.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

Still sipping the Kool aid

A league Leicester won is really tough. Tough ko tofu ni

It shows the competitiveness of the league. That's like Crotone winning serie A or Ingostlat winning the Bundesliga. No going to happen in a million years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

You said over a decade. That was your first error. 02-11 is not a decade never mind over a decade.

Secondly Lampard did not become an elite AM till 03/04 or probably 04/05. Lmao 2002? Maybe you are talking about EPL sha because he was still a non entity in Europe at that time

Thirdly we had midfielders in that timeframe who significantly outshone Lampard in multiple seasons

Stop kidding yourself nigga.

I doubt you can find 4 seasons between 2002 and 2012 where Lampard did not outproduce every other AM on planet earth. At least 6-7 of those years he was the top scorer+assister combined if not 8 or 9 of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
chic2pimp:

Two different things. We are talking about the league here not countries
How so? The national team comprises the EPL in its purest form
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
chic2pimp:

O3/04- 13/14 is pretty much a decade. You are nitpicking. One year here one year there. Still If we were to look at those years, you'll find lampard to be amongst the top 3-5 AM in the world. Let's not kid ourselves, no attacking midfielder matched Lampard's productivity over that decade.
Lampard's last season of continental relevance was 11/12. Me I no know wetin una dey faa gun reach 13/14. Ibime sef say since 2002. Abeg younger ones dey follow this forum make we no go mislead them. I have to nitpick when both of you are involving hyperbole.

I give him consistency but even in his period of greatness at club level there were players who dominated at a much higher level albeit for shorter periods. Lampard's peak at best was from 04/05-11/12 not the decade wey una dey bandy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
It must be untrue that chelsea is linked with this burnthisleaguedown niklas sule. This guy defends sluggishly like a player wearing timberland boots on the field. He plays like a retired defender, i will curse conte and emenalo if they bring this piece of sh1t to epl.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ibime:

Stop kidding yourself nigga.

I doubt you can find 4 seasons between 2002 and 2012 where Lampard did not outproduce every other AM on planet earth. At least 6-7 of those years he was the top scorer+assister combined if not 8 or 9 of them.
Iworiwo!

You want us to include years Lampard didn't even smell elite Europe? Where you lost to Goddamn Viking from Norway

Lampard has taken over 50 penalties so that skews scoring stats to his advantage by default

Lampard has never topped any CL assist list or at any major tournament. I respect Lamps a lot but you dey hype am too much
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Lampard's last season of continental relevance was 11/12. Me I no know wetin una dey faa gun reach 13/14. Ibime sef say since 2002. Abeg younger ones dey follow this forum make we no go mislead them. I have to nitpick when both of you are involving hyperbole.

I give him consistency but even in his period of greatness at club level there were players who dominated at a much higher level albeit for shorter periods. Lampard's peak at best was from 04/05-11/12 not the decade wey una dey bandy

His peak started in 03/04 so add another year.

It is safe to say that if you took a decade of his career and looked at the top producing AMs season by season, he will be no1 more than 50% of the time, while no one else will make it more than once.

In my language, that's what we call "Head and Shoulders above the competition".
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Lampard has never topped any CL assist list or at any major tournament. I respect Lamps a lot but you dey hype am too much

Lampard was the top producing midfielder in Euro 2004 (goals + assists) and the top producing midfielder in UCL from 2004 to 2012.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Lampard has taken over 50 penalties so that skews scoring stats to his advantage by default

Take away the 50 penalties and see if anyone comes close.

We are talking of a nigga with 273 club career goals, something elite strikers will kill for.

If a striker scores 20 goals a season, it will take him almost 14 seasons to achieve that.

Assists is 184. It would take an elite midfielder 12 years of 15 assists per season to get close to that.

Put some respek on the name please.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ibime:

Lampard was the top producing midfielder in Euro 2004 (goals + assists) and the top producing midfielder in UCL from 2004 to 2012.
Ewo ni top producing midfielder ti Iwo n so? Did he win Golden Boot?

Isn't it AM's like him Sneijder & Mueller that topped scorer's chart at a WC

Didn't Kaka top a scorer's chart? and an assists chart in the CL?

Didn't Sneijder do same?

Deco nko?

Abeg bone story.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ibime:

We are talking of a nigga with 273 club career goals, something elite strikers will kill for.

If a striker scores 20 goals a season, it will take him almost 14 seasons to achieve that.

Assists is 184. It would take an elite midfielder 12 years of 15 assists per season to get close to that.

Mathematician sir,how many years will it take an Iniesta to achieve all these?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

Ewo ni top producing midfielder ti Iwo n so? Did he win Golden Boot?

Isn't it AM's like him Sneijder & Mueller that topped scorer's chart at a WC

Didn't Kaka top a scorer's chart? and an assists chart in the CL?

Didn't Sneijder do same?

Deco nko?

Abeg bone story.

Gimme a nigga that is in the top 5 of such charts every season than a nigga who did it once and spent the years after that dodging ISIS bombs in Istanbul. . . . and the years before that getting knocked out by Lyon every 2nd round.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
bigkesh:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ibime:

Ibime:

His peak started in 03/04 so add another year.

It is safe to say that if you took a decade of his career and looked at the top producing AMs season by season, he will be no1 more than 50% of the time, while no one else will make it more than once.

In my language, that's what we call "Head and Shoulders above the competition".
Ol boy leave that story. What Lampard had in his favour is longevity. Props for that

But a Kaka for example with almost 20 fewer appearances in the CL has scored 7 more goals. From open play

If we start involving Games played and goalscoring/assists ratio you might have to sempe oh so just cool down
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ibime:

Gimme a nigga that is in the top 5 of such charts every season than a nigga who did it once and spent the years after that dodging ISIS bombs in Istanbul. . . . and the years before that getting knocked out by Lyon every 2nd round.
What team award did Lampard win in his prime that Sneijder didn't?

Sneijder topped a CL assist chart

Was a joint top scorer at a WC, Golden Ball runner up, Treble winner

Lampard never achieved any of that in his century of dominance
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
A40:

What team award did Lampard win in his prime that Sneijder didn't?

Sneijder topped a CL assist chart

Was a joint top scorer at a WC, Golden Ball runner up, Treble winner

Lampard never achieved any of that in his century of dominance

My friend close your mouth. James Rodriguez did the same thing. Should we dobale for him?

Sneijder is only known for one season. Before that, Lyon used to knock him out every 2nd round. After that, what he does in Ankara or Istanbul does not consign us.

That same season sef, Lampard collected 27 goals and 20 assists. Leave matter.

And if Deco top assist chart in UCL, how does that consign Lampard? Is it not the same Deco that came to Stamford Bridge to carry his bags for him? What if Deco made 6 assists, and zero goals but Lampard made 4 assists and 5 goals? Should we go solely off assists chart because A40 said so? Did FIFA look at assist chart alone and vote Deco 2nd best WPOTY behind Ronaldinho?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ibime:

Wow... Lampard was good... Claps undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
bigkesh:

angry

Stay on the topic sir... Don't pass the boundaries.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
"Big Frank" Fukcing Lampard! !!

Up Barka and Burnthisleaguedown brethren, put some Fukcing Respeck on his name! grin cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2419) (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) ... (19155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.