Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10447920 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) ... (19122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:04am On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:
Senegal are playing Cameroon in AFCON QF on Saturday.

Lets all pray for Sadio Manes success so he doesn't return for next Tuesdays match.

In other news Burkinabes and Bertrand Traore have topped their group and are through to the QF. Aubameyangs Gabon don comot with 3 straight draws.

Even if they're to lose to Cameroon, jet-lag should be a concern coming into the Chelsea game. He would probably need to sit-out our game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
I don't know why most people think Matic makes us better defensively than Fabregas does

Matic is zero for me, he is good for nothing ....He doesn't win tackles and he misplace passes with ease

No one can convince me Matic is a better option Vs Whoever
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:
I don't know why most people think Matic makes us better defensively than Fabregas does
Matic is zero for me, he is good for nothing ....He doesn't win tackles and he misplace passes with ease

Vs Busquets nko?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

My friend cool it. You have been yarning Matic, Matic upandan all season just like you were yarning Pedro, Pedro. They are making you eat your words. Matic who is making 88% of his passes is what you call misplacing passes.

Matic is now in his 4th season with Chelsea. He has been a stalwart for 3 of those seasons. Stop yarning 2015 yarns.

Go and table your frustration with Conte and stop disturbing us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

ah ah bigkesh! Matic don't win tackles? Are you kidding me? Matic is even good in bullying opponents off the ball.

As for misplacing of passes, I won't disagree.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
nihilist, afrodoc2 and other paramedics be on standby. Lets see if Dr Kesh will use his surgical skills to remove the excess fat from Ibime today
and give him the gastric bypass he needs

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

My friend cool it. You have been yarning Matic, Matic upandan all season just like you were yarning Pedro, Pedro. They are making you eat your words. Matic who is making 88% of his passes is what you call misplacing passes.

Matic is now in his 4th season with Chelsea. He has been a stalwart for 3 of those seasons. Stop yarning 2015 yarns.

Go and table your frustration with Conte and stop disturbing us.

You have got the wrong person here
Have been supporting Pedro as long as it's Pedro Vs Willian... I have nothing against him

Who 4th season help?? Like Ramires and Oscar didn't stay that long
Matic does Nada

We saw a midfield of Fab and Matic against Bournemouth,Fab was running, marking and controlling the midfield while Matic was doing strolling aimlessly

Fab no be Matic mate

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
Emaprince:
ah ah bigkesh! Matic don't win tackles? Are you kidding me? Matic is even good in bullying opponents off the ball.

As for misplacing of passes, I won't disagree.

How many opponents has he bullied?? He couldn't even bully Wilshere
Let's assume he is good at bullying opponents, the number of times he misplaces the ball or kills our attack far outnumbers his contribution without the ball.....He is a minus

It's a 2 man midfield, You see Kante running and Matic strolling and gallivanting around...He is easy to dribble, easy to dispossess and unless you give him 60 secs on the ball he can't do Nada

I will never be a fan of Matic
What exactly is his strength?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Have been supporting Pedro as long as it's Pedro Vs Willian... I have nothing against him

Matic does Nada

We saw a midfield of Fab and Matic against Bournemouth,Fab was running, marking and controlling the midfield while Matic was doing strolling aimlessly

Fab no be Matic mate
The only reason conte play matic ahead of fab is working rate between the two.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Kante is really covering some peoples A$s

If only Kante had gone to play for Mali we for dey see the Serbian Olofinjana dey run or ruin things

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
Shey make we soundtrack this bish up with fight muzik ni? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Matic does Nada

Fab no be Matic mate

Ramires and Oscar. Did any of them make PFA team of the year?

Matic has been great for 3 of his 4 seasons. Stop yarning 2015 yarns when everyone was shocking.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
raumdeuter:

If only Kante had gone to play for Mali we for dey see the Serbian Olofinjana dey run or ruin things

There is no midfield where one man does all the work. Most midfield have 2 solid workers, some even 3.

Matic cannot carry Fabregas defensively for 4 years. He needs help too like most midfielders.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Pfft. I'll rather run to Libya for safety than to spend a night in Sudan.

How Is Cesc better than Matic defensively? Reel out the stats; number of interceptions, clearances and tackles.

Maybe then I can pay attention to you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by funlord(m): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
grin

I'm on standby with the memes of carnage!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

guy you don't know what you're typing..
I am yet to see a DM with 6 assist that misplaces passes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
Griffon:

How Is Cesc better than Matic defensively? Reel out the stats; number of interceptions, clearances and tackles.

Matic isn't really bringing much to the table offensively or defensively.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

How many opponents has he bullied?? He couldn't even bully Wilshere
Let's assume he is good at bullying opponents, the number of times he misplaces the ball or kills our attack far outnumbers his contribution without the ball.....He is a minus

It's a 2 man midfield, You see Kante running and Matic strolling and gallivanting around...He is easy to dribble, easy to dispossess and unless you give him 60 secs on the ball he can't do Nada

I will never be a fan of Matic
What exactly is his strength?
you should give us stats that indicates fab bullied wilshere.. Matic is a top DM who hardly loses possession.. His passes are only misplaced when he is passing to the right side..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Maybe he isn't bringing much but compared to Cesc what does the stats say?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Those squawka stats don't apply to DMs. Strength of DM is not in making tackles.

Matic just strolling in midfield according to Conteddicted.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
As at end of October, Matic was strolling his way into 3rd place for ground covered.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

Those squawka stats don't apply to DMs. Strength of DM is not in making tackles.

Matic just strolling in midfield according to Conteddicted.

I purposely did not post any defensive indices, just the overall defence score in comparison to other members of the defensive side of the team. He came of worst in that comparison. OK maybe he's not the best at defending, maybe his job in the team is support attacking functions...again his overall attacking score was the lowest of the defensive side of the team.

What passes is he making? Makes around 20 passes less than Kante who still manages to post the same pass accuracy. He makes fewer key passes than Alonso, Moses and Kante. He's not playng defence splitting throughballs, his pass length is roughly the same as those other guys I posted...

So what exactly is Matic adding to the team if at every parameter there are at least 3 people better than him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
Matic may not be better than most Dms out there however,Conte must have a good enuff reason why he gets to start ahead of fab. This already is a clear indication of who is better in that position. I don't know of anyone who has a coaching license here or who has coached before so, I am going with conte on this one.

Asides that it is a sacrilege to even place fab side by side with matic especially when it comes to defending. Even the so called Bournemouth game kesh mentioned earlier, wilshere was busy using fab to dance ajasco. Truth is, the only way fab is getting a start ahead of matic is if the latter is injured or the match is not important.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
raumdeuter:

Like he did and help win us the title in 2015? Those light-skinned a$ses must have been covered by Fabregas innit?

Niggas and fleeting memory!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:
There is no midfield where one man does all the work. Most midfield have 2 solid workers, some even 3.

Matic cannot carry Fabregas defensively for 4 years. He needs help too like most midfielders.

Community defending dey really protect some people. Half Matics wage he suppose dey give Kante and the other half to Kantes children

When Makelele was commanding midfield alone in this same Chelsea, remove Matic put Fabregas and nothing will change defensively actually output offensively might increase as those Fabregas to Costa wire transfers will increase

BTW is Matic the new Mikel?

This is the Chelsea team that beat Barcelona in 2005, How many workers do we have epping Makelele in midfield
Cech, Paulo Ferreira , Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, Gallas, Makelele, Cole, Lampard, Duff, Kezman, Gudjohnsen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
lordfalcao:
. Matic is a top DM who hardly loses possession.. His passes are only misplaced when he is passing to the right side..

No talk am outside

At least you Admitted Matic Isn't at forward passes and sideways
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
lordfalcao:
guy you don't know what you're typing..
I am yet to see a DM with 6 assist that misplaces passes
3 of those assists came from nodding corner kicks to teammates to score
1 was from a Pedro 'S wonder goal against Tottenham,nothing to do with Matic

Assists doesn't necessary mean you are a good passer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
Griffon:

How is a player that misplace passes under my slight pressure making us better defensively than the one who keeps it
Losing balls makes us vulnerable defensively especially when we already have Kante in the team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

Ramires and Oscar. Did any of them make PFA team of the year?

Matic has been great for 3 of his 4 seasons. Stop yarning 2015 yarns when everyone was shocking.
You are the one holding on Matic of 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
hensben:
The only reason conte play matic ahead of fab is working rate between the two.

We can as well sell Fabregas and buy a bricklayer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

I purposely did not post any defensive indices, just the overall defence score in comparison to other members of the defensive side of the team. He came of worst in that comparison. OK maybe he's not the best at defending, maybe his job in the team is support attacking functions...again his overall attacking score was the lowest of the defensive side of the team.

What passes is he making? Makes around 20 passes less than Kante who still manages to post the same pass accuracy. He makes fewer key passes than Alonso, Moses and Kante. He's not playng defence splitting throughballs, his pass length is roughly the same as those other guys I posted...

So what exactly is Matic adding to the team if at every parameter there are at least 3 people better than him

Squawka defensive stats is based on tackling.

A DMs job is to press and make the opposition pass sideways till they run out of options.

He is doing his job perfectly defensively.

We dont want no Lee Cattermole or Granit Xhaka in our midfield making slide tackles.

A central midfielder stays on his feet.

So what is the purpose of comparing with wingbacks whose job is to isolate wingers on the touchline and tackle them. That's an inane comparison.

Makeleke never tackled anybody. His squawka defensive stats would be rubbish.

Central midfielders defensive job is to stay in formation and press as a unit, blocking space for throughballs. He is doing that perfectly.

DM is in your team last 16 matches and you can count the goals conceded on one hand. One hand, not two hands. And you are still carrying 2015 matter on your head, typing God knows what.

Those of us who know what to expect from DM are satisfied. Conte who took the team from 10th place to 8 points clear is satisfied. Do you think you know more than him on midfield play?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) ... (19122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: amodu(m), AdisaOwala, enigma0 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.