Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10441510 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2543) (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) ... (19114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

His stat in 15/16 is close to 14/15 but his 16/17 stats are way behind. Would we say he was better in 15/16 than this season? Like I said, these are distbin stats. I pay them no mind. Why should he tackle you this season and risk a card when he can easily guide you into the path of Cahill, Kante or Alonso to rob you of the ball?

I hope you know that small men tackle more. Everytime a big man goes in for tackle, he cops a card eg Wanyama. A big man will just step across your body and lever you off the ball.

Yet this big man was making more tackles in his best season than he is now.

Matic's decline last season was obvious and he was dropped by two managers in a row. This season we can't really see what he is doing and anytime Fabregas must play, it is Matic that must be removed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Matic's decline last season was obvious

Yet his stats last season is almost double this season where he is playing 10 times better, ya dig?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Dayo keeps shooting himself grin

Anyway,

Make una wait first , Nihilist , has matic been poor from the start of this season or you just feel fabregas should be playing ahead of him ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

That's because we are less open this season. No need to dive into tackles in a congested midfield this season. Had he had Fabregas alongside him and less numbers at the back, he would dive in to prevent breakaways. Now there's no need for that.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Matic's decline last season was obvious and he was dropped by two managers in a row. This season we can't really see what he is doing and anytime Fabregas must play, it is Matic that must be removed.

He was called upon later on bro and the pairing of mikel - Matic came alive till the season ran out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

That's because we are less open this season. No need to dive into tackles in a congested midfield this season. Had he had Fabregas alongside him and less numbers at the back, he would dive in to prevent breakaways. Now there's no need for that.

LOL so you mean Kante is carrying Matic....because Kante is definitely posting those high tackle and interception numbers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
dyabman:
Dayo keeps shooting himself grin

Anyway,

Make una wait first , Nihilist , has matic been poor from the start of this season or you just feel fabregas should be playing ahead of him ?

I don't think Matic has been bad or good. Just average. Just there. Lukewarm. On the fence. Grey.

There's nothing he does exceptionally and he's just a 6/10 player. When Fabregas comes on the pitch, the difference is clear like 7up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 9:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

I don't think Matic has been bad or good. Just average. Just there. Lukewarm. On the fence. Grey.

There's nothing he does exceptionally and he's just a 6/10 player. When Fabregas comes on the pitch, the difference is clear like 7up.

We can't go all season long with Fab while playing a 3-4-3 formation , Kante go wreck . grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
dyabman:

We can't go all season long with Fab while playing a 3-4-3 formation , Kante go wreck . grin

Kante is carrying 6ft 4 Matic on his tiny shoulders and he never wreck. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 10:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

havea question - don't you think Conte is using Fab at a point he will make big impact in a game?

if Fab have been starting over matic will he be this effective as much as he has been when he come as a substitute?

what do you think will be the difference if fab has started 18 games this season.

for me I'm tired of matic missing Fab as a starter shall oh but since the team is doing well dey make me nor too mind

just answer my question though

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Kante is carrying 6ft 4 Matic on his tiny shoulders and he never wreck. grin

Close that teeth there angry .. the last time i checked, Matic has been Chelsea's highest assist in the EPL tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
spartacus11:

havea question - don't you think Conte is using Fab at a point he will make big impact in a game?

if Fab have been starting over matic will he be this effective as much as he has been when he come as a substitute?

what do you think will be the difference if fab has started 18 games this season.

for me I'm tired of matic shall oh but since the team is doing well dey make me nor too mind

just answer my question though

Fabregas has as many assists as Matic in the league this season despite playing significantly fewer minutes.

I think that speaks for itself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
dyabman:

Close that teeth there angry .. the last time i checked, Matic has been Chelsea's highest assist in the EPL tongue

What was Fabregas doing when he crossed that ball for Cahill to nod this Sunday? Frying plantain?

You better check again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

LOL so you mean Kante is carrying Matic....because Kante is definitely posting those high tackle and interception numbers.

Yet 60% less than his Leicester tackling numbers which means he is not as desperate to tackle given the support and numbers around him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

The reason why we are questioning Matic now is because he is posting nowhere near thenough numbers he posted in 14/15

He has been steadily declining, slowly but surely. That's why when Conte has to make a change in midfield Matic is the disposable one.

Matic is not in the team because Conte trusts him. He's in the team because Conte trusts Fabregas less. Conte won't be chasing Naingollan upandan like a spurned lover if Matic was his first choice.

Nateevs used to say something- what we need is a blend of both Fab and Matic. That's the most balanced explanation I've heard in this issue.

Matic isn't declining, their is only a change of role for him.

He was Jose's trusted lieutenant in front of his back four in that 4-2-3-1 years ago. It brought out the best in him. That is something you cant expect of him in a 3-4-3 where the two Cms are expected to both apply pressure on the ball and cut out supplies.

Their is a reason Mou needs this ninja at manure.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

What was Fabregas doing when he crossed that ball for Cahill to nod this Sunday? Frying plantain?

You better check again.

I just pray make Fabregas start ahead of Matic on Tuesday , Which kain prayer sef , I trust Conte , him no go wan use beach water drink garri grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

Yet 60% less than his Leicester tackling numbers which means he is not as desperate to tackle given the support and numbers around him.

60% of his tackling numbers at leicester is completely irrelevant. The fact is that there is dirty work to be done at Chelsea and Kante is doing it.

In 2014/2015 when you were saying Matic was carrying Fabregas, it is because Matic was doing that dirty work leaving Fabregas to assist 19 goals in the league

Two years on, Kante us doing the work and posting the numbers Matic used to post so that Matic can _______

Fill in the blank please.

Matic 1700 minutes 6 assists

Fabregas 500 minutes 6 assists

13 games more and he can't even out assist Fabregas...

What is Matic doing sir?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
Griffon:

Matic isn't declining, their is only a change of role for him.

He was Jose's trusted lieutenant in front of his back four in that 4-2-3-1 years ago. It brought out the best in him. That is something you cant expect of him in a 3-4-3 where the two Cms are expected to both apply pressure on the ball and cut out supplies.

Their is a reason Mou needs this ninja at manure.

So why is Kante posting those numbers that Matic used to post while the Serbian continues to ghost around the pitch doing the square root of fück all?

Is Kante Conte's trusted Colonel abi na field Marshall?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

60% of his tackling numbers at leicester is completely irrelevant. The fact is that there is dirty work to be done at Chelsea and Kante is doing it.

In 2014/2015 when you were saying Matic was carrying Fabregas, it is because Matic was doing that dirty work leaving Fabregas to assist 19 goals in the league

Two years on, Kante us doing the work and posting the numbers Matic used to post so that Matic can _______

What is Matic doing sir?

KDB wey get 9 assist this season sef na 7th dem dey undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
dyabman:

I just pray make Fabregas start ahead of Matic on Tuesday , Which kain prayer sef , I trust Conte , him no go wan use beach water drink garri grin

Every game that fab has started this season, he has scored or assisted....including against Man City.

Confirm if I'm wrong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
dyabman:

KDB wey get 9 assist this season sef na 7th dem dey undecided

Man city's problem is defence. KDB is doing his work and nobody will question him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Every game that fab has started this season, he has scored or assisted....including against Man City.

Confirm if I'm wrong.

Yes he assisted
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

What is Matic doing sir?

Tackling is not evidence of pressure on the team. It is evidence of Kantes style of diving in which there is less need for than at Leicester.

Matic doesn't need to tackle. He funnels the players into Kante. Same way Maka never tackled, he just funneled players into Thiagos path or Essiens path.

This is not 1994 where you only have one DM and ask what the second DM is doing. 5 goals conceded in 16 games, go and ask the league table what Matic is doing.

Like Dyabman opined, KDB has 9 assists. Maybe what City need in place of those 9 assists is more defensive help for Fernandinho so they can prevent these 4-0 trashings and climb up the league table to where Matic and co are currently chillaxing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Man city's problem is defence. KDB is doing his work and nobody will question him.

Matic too is doing his work and if Conte won't question him , why should we ? lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

So why is Kante posting those numbers that Matic used to post while the Serbian continues to ghost around the pitch doing the square root of fück all?

Is Kante Conte's trusted Colonel abi na field Marshall?

Kante is posting those numbers because he has a superior skillset. The super energy to cover more grounds and the stamina to bully mates off the ball.

Matic can't beat himself up, all he can do is to try and complement the Frenchman. And he's doing pretty fine in my opinion.

Six assists for a player who isn't entirely known for going forward isn't bad. That's complementing your partner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

Tackling is not evidence of pressure on the team. It is evidence of Kantes style of diving in which there is less need for than at Leicester in a congested midfield.

Matic doesn't need to tackle. He funnels the players into Kante. Same way Maka never tackled, he just funneled players into Thiagos path or Essiens path.

This is not 1994 where you only have one DM and ask what the second DM is doing. 5 goals conceded in 16 games, go and ask the league table what Matic is doing.

Instead of telling us what Matic offers the Team, you are talking about funnels like a black market diesel seller.

Fabregas started against Sunderland. Kept a cleansheet and scored. Kept cleansheet and assisted against Bournemouth. So don't tell me Matic us doing anything special with his 'funneling' cos he ain't.

Matic defensively isn't doing anything apart from 'funelling' whatever the fück that means...but offensively brings nothing to the table.

Matic the runner and human funnel.

Legend.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
Griffon:

Kante is posting those numbers because he has a superior skillset. The super energy to cover more grounds and the stamina to bully mates off the ball.

Matic can't beat himself up, all he can do is to try and complement the Frenchman. And he's doing pretty fine in my opinion.

Six assists for a player who isn't entirely known for going forward isn't bad. That's complementing your partner.

3 flickons and one pass to Pedro for a golazo. Matic is not completing his partner anything. Kante is making not just more tackles and interceptions, he is making more at least 20 more passes than Matic per game, and is making more KEY PASSES per game.

Is that complementing? Cos that looks more like piggybacking to me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
dyabman:

Matic too is doing his work and if Conte won't question him , why should we ? lipsrsealed

Oh seen.

Lemme just catch you complaining about any player here again.

I go play you this tape that day. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Oh seen.

Lemme just catch you complaining about any player here again.

I go play you this tape that day. angry

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Instead of telling us what Matic offers the Team, you are talking about funnels like a black market diesel seller.

Fabregas started against Sunderland. Kept a cleansheet and scored. Kept cleansheet and assisted against Bournemouth. So don't tell me Matic us doing anything special with his 'funneling' cos he ain't.

Matic defensively isn't doing anything apart from 'funelling' whatever the fück that means...but offensively brings nothing to the table.

Matic the runner and human funnel.

Legend.

Diesel seller grin

Both Matic and Fabregas started the 3-0 win over Bournemouth. Using same logic, you might as well conclude from that that we don't need Kante, ya dig?

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Matic is in the team and winning and will remain so until we go on losing run. We cannot come and go and commit suicide because of Fabregas when we are already beasting the league without him. If Fabregas was in the team during this winning run, same would apply to him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

3 flickons and one pass to Pedro for a golazo. Matic is not completing his partner anything. Kante is making not just more tackles and interceptions, he is making more at least 20 more passes than Matic per game, and is making more KEY PASSES per game.

My nigga stop lying. Kante is not making up to 5 more passes per 90 minutes than Matic. I'm willing to put money on it o. Come and chop me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

Diesel seller grin

Both Matic and Fabregas started the 3-0 win over Bournemouth. Using same logic, you might as well conclude from that that we don't need Kante, ya dig?

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Matic is in the team and winning and will remain so until we go on losing run. We cannot come and go and commit suicide because of Fabregas when we are already beasting the league without him. If Fabregas was in the team during this winning run, same would apply to him.

like I said earlier I think Matic is a just there player, not that he's necessarily bad. But I get your point. It's true that we are beasting without Fab so it stands to reason that we don't necessarily need Fab in the team.

But based on merit o...Fab over Matic anyday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2543) (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) ... (19114) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m), andrewbaba44 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.