Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,892 members, 7,852,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10700131 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) ... (19357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nihilist:

I already did that, and Matic's tackling numbers were similar. His interception numbers went down drastically but that's not even the point.

The key thing I have emphasised is that Matic is no longer the tackling midfielder - Not that he has forgotten how to tackle.

Well there you go. In his worst season his average tackles were the same as his best season.

So that should you know that requirements are different this season, not because he has forgotten how to tackle.

This is why I don't pay attention to tackling stats or any subjective stats like the ones you listed. My eyes, passing stats and running stats is enough for me to judge a DMs effectiveness.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ibime:

Well there you go. In his worst season his average tackles were the same as his best season.

So that should you know that requirements are different this season, not because he has forgotten how to tackle.

This is why I don't pay attention to tackling stats or any subjective stats like the ones you listed. My eyes, passing stats and running stats is enough for me to judge a DMs effectiveness.

Matic is not a DM this season, Kante is.

So again the question is What does Matic do? He doesn't control the tempo, doesn't create chances and we already know he doesn't defend...

All we know he does is run upandan - which is great if Chelsea were competing for temple run trophy and not the EPL.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nihilist:

Again WRONG

Opta: A successful dribble means the player beats the defender while retaining possession, unsuccessful ones are where the dribbler is tackled, Opta also log attempted dribbles where the player overruns the ball.

So you can see that there is no issue of subjectivity at all. The only issue is a lack of familiarity with the terms and events that Opta use to gather their statistics.

There is nothing more subjective than the dribbling stats.

The rules say you must beat the defender and be CLEAR of him.

How clear? 1 yard, 2 yards, 5 yards? That's where the subjectivity comes in.

My style of play, I dribble a lot at walking pace. Once I beat you, you cannot recover because my mode of dribbling is to leave you off balance with quick switch of ball between feet rather than running. You cannot prevent me from doing my next move, but I am not CLEAR of you.

So you can see why a running dribbler like Adama Traore has double the dribbling stats of someone who can dribble standing in one spot like Messi or Mahrez. The SUBJECTIVITY of the recording protocol favours the running dribbler.

The stats I prefer, if you ran 12km, you ran 12km. If you scored 20 goals, you scored 20 goals. No if and or but and no judgement call is involved by a recorder of stats.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2017
Wishing super Frankie all the best in his post-soccer career. What a loyal servant of Chelsea he was!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ibime:

There is nothing more subjective than the dribbling stats.

The rules say you must beat the defender and be CLEAR of him.

How clear? 1 yard, 2 yards, 5 yards? That's where the subjectivity comes in.

I'm sorry can you please replicate these rules you're mentioning in the Opta definition I posted?

Also what is the subjectivity there? We know for example that the EPL as an organisation, Chelsea as a football club, and whoscored as a website all use the stats and definitions that Opta provide - so we know that there is no ambiguity when it comes to the meaning of dribbles.

If you want to prove that there is subjectivity then you should provide another data source recording Mahrez with different dribble stats.

I'll wait.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
Guys, on Valentine's Day, would you take your woman to dinner or sit back to watch Barca v PSG? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hmmm matic and co again? When shall it end?....well it seems this weekend is finally it for you blue _twats...beat those gayner ex wives of yours and cruise to the title! Lose to them and spark some more life into the title race for the top 3 at least....the choice is yours...although I for one would be rooting for you all since you have actually been the most consistent mofos out of the lot and deserve it! Suprisingly it was the loss to arsenal that led conte to discover the current working formation for his players so it's only right to at least try to return the favour to Arsene and hope a similar spanking may help them finish 4th at least!

Roll on supreme Saturday!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
CFCman:
Guys, on Valentine's Day, would you take your woman to dinner or sit back to watch Barca v PSG? cheesy

Nothing like dinner on a weeknight grin

I get work na?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nihilist:

Nothing like dinner on a weeknight grin

I get work na?
Good answer cheesy
Luckily for me, I don't have such dilemma
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nihilist:

I'm sorry can you please replicate these rules you're mentioning in the Opta definition I posted?

Also what is the subjectivity there? We know for example that the EPL as an organisation, Chelsea as a football club, and whoscored as a website all use the stats and definitions that Opta provide - so we know that there is no ambiguity when it comes to the meaning of dribbles.

If you want to prove that there is subjectivity then you should provide another data source recording Mahrez with different dribble stats.

I'll wait.

Proof of objectivity is not by who uses the data.

You think the users of the data are not intelligent enough to know the weight, importance and objectivity of each metric?

The subjectivity is clearly proven by the fact someone has to make a judgement call on what is counted as being clear of a defender in a dribble. Hazard who dribbles at least 30 ninjas per game is obviously not being defined as being clear of 90% of them but Adama Traore who push the ball 20 yards down the line like a mumu is counted.

The users of the data will never use such data to conclude that Adamumu is a better dribbler than Hazard. So don't confer objectivity on the data by their use of it. It is there for their clients interpretation.

I cannot use P&L alone to judge whether a company is a going concern. There might be asset revaluation affecting profit figures. There might be long term loans due and poor cash position on the balance sheet etc. There might be obsoleteness of main product going forward etc. But it is not a tool I will reject just like EPL clubs won't reject opta stats. That is neither here nor there.

The stats we know we can chop are goals, assists, km per game etc not whether Darren Fletcher made 1.2 more tackles per game than Makelele.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kagawa10: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
raumdeuter:
kagawa10

Are you seeing Leroy Sane

He's been good but nothing special worth 50mil. I will keep looking at him though.

BTW, Pep has finally got back his sense to drop David Silva back to the central midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:09pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ibime:

Proof of objectivity is not by who uses the data.

You think the users of the data are not intelligent enough to know the weight, importance and objectivity of each metric?

The subjectivity is clearly proven by the fact someone has to make a judgement call on what is counted as being clear of a defender in a dribble. Hazard who dribbles at least 30 ninjas per game is obviously not being defined as being clear of 90% of them but Adama Traore who push the ball 20 yards down the line like a mumu is counted.

This is why I said you should go and and bring another data source thar supports your argument.

Opta did not mention anything like yards or metres I'm their definition so I don't understand why you keep referring to phantom metrics.

Go and bring another data source that has conflicting interpretations of what a succesful dribble is and compare Mahrez stats. Till then we can only conclude that there is only one standard for measuring dribbles - the Opta way

The users of the data will never use such data to conclude that Adamumu is a better dribbler than Hazard. So don't confer objectivity on the data by their use of it. It is there for their clients interpretation.

This is a complete strawman as nobody else has made that argument but yourself. The number of dribbles is simply that - the number of dribbles. Just as the number of passes is simply that - the number of passes.

I cannot use P&L alone to judge whether a company is a going concern. There might be asset revaluation affecting profit figures. There might be long term loans due and poor cash position on the balance sheet etc. There might be obsoleteness of main product going forward etc. But it is not a tool I will reject just like EPL clubs won't reject opta stats. That is neither here nor there.

You've now gone from dribbles to profit and loss without still being able to justify Matic's inclusion in the team.

What metric are you going to pull next? Weather report?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hehehe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
Kante needs to be seriously probed, That Nigga is on some African Type Steroid shìt...Insane workrate.

Must be a "herbal drink" that stimulates Anaerobics and Aerobics because that Nigga can sprint for fun or run a even run a Marathon.

UNBELIEVABLE...EPL should look into this .

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nihilist:

This is why I said you should go and and bring another data source thar supports your argument.

Opta did not mention anything like yards or metres I'm their definition so I don't understand why you keep referring to phantom metrics.

Go and bring another data source that has conflicting interpretations of what a succesful dribble is and compare Mahrez stats. Till then we can only conclude that there is only one standard for measuring dribbles - the Opta way

Are you going to deny that Hazard dribbles at least 20 niggas per match with a straight face?

Why should I accept their definition of 4 dribbles per match when I can think for myself and have eyes to count for myself?

That's why I told you I don't know what they are recording. Go and bring one match where they recorded 3 dribbles for Hazard, let me go and bring the highlight video of that match, let's count it together cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 8:51pm On Feb 02, 2017
Matic , Fabregas , Kante wahala .. goodnight angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
Happy retirement lamp holder, the legend. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ibime:

Are you going to deny that Hazard dribbles at least 20 niggas per match with a straight face?

Why should I accept their definition of 4 dribbles per match when I can think for myself and have eyes to count for myself?

That's why I told you I don't know what they are recording. Go and bring one match where they recorded 3 dribbles for Hazard, let me go and bring the highlight video of that match, let's count it together cheesy

Can your eyes measure the distance Matic covers in a match? football is not like rugby where the players wear pedometers inside their shirt

Before we sit down to count Hazard's drbibles bring your tape rule, let us watch highlights and measure how he is running 11km in one match. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nihilist:

All we know he does is run upandan - which is great if Chelsea were competing for temple run trophy and not the EPL.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:25am On Feb 03, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

How would barca ever forget this legend ?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:31am On Feb 03, 2017
airmark:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

How would barca ever forget this legend ?

Who can forget who made or scored 7 goals against them?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:34am On Feb 03, 2017
Ibime:

Who can forget who made or scored 7 goals against them?

cool cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:56am On Feb 03, 2017
airmark:

cool cool cool

Arsenal will release tribute and even build statue outside Emirates when Drogba retires

And Bayern will do the same for Petr Cech after all those saves and penalty saves cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Cypmeni(m): 2:01am On Feb 03, 2017
Super frankie

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:56am On Feb 03, 2017
Ibime:

Arsenal will release tribute and even build statue outside Emirates when Drogba retires

And Bayern will do the same for Petr Cech after all those saves and penalty saves cheesy

Chai, Dayo raumdeuter, must be one of the labourers, to complete that sensational piece of artwork in munich.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 6:23am On Feb 03, 2017
If they can throw all these tribute to Club legend Lampard, imagine what they will say to Club legend , National team legend , Euro legend and World cup legend Don Andreas Iniesta.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
Debroslink:
If they can throw all these tribute to Club legend Lampard, imagine what they will say to Club legend , National team legend , Euro legend and World cup legend Don Andreas Iniesta.
bia nwoke, bird piss for your head ?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2017
lordfalcao:
bia nwoke, bird piss for your head ?

You must be a shekipite. I don't know birds piss. Tell me something.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2017
Debroslink:

Why must you bring Ur phooolishness to this place? What has the eunuch got to do with us celebrating our own legend?

You steeewpid Sha....... tongue

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2017
Cypmeni:
Super frankie
I fit take take bullet for Frankie. Great footballer with charismatic behavior.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2017
Debroslink:
Your insecurity nor be here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2017
Frank Lampard has announced his retirement from football. There should be no debating his status as one of the game’s great midfielders,

When conversation turns to the greatest Premier League midfielders,
they will tell you all about Steven Gerrard's goals. But Frank Lampard scored 57 more of them.
They will tell you that Paul Scholes was the assist maestro. But Frank Lampard got 47 more of them too.

If it seems churlish to put his career in the context of his great rivals, well, that was always the way. The comfort for Lampard is that when future generations come to assess the numbers, history will treat him well. He may even wonder why there was ever a debate.
Lampard retires

Chelsea great Frank Lampard has announced his retirement from professional football.

He did have craft and vision. He did deliver in big games. But they were not his main virtues. The sheer weight of goals redefined what could be expected from a midfielder.

With 29 England goals, he also managed to eclipse Bryan Robson and David Platt to become one of England's top 10 goalscorers of all time. Some record. Not that Lampard did his best work on paper. He was both a great goalscorer and a scorer of great goals.
Lampard has announced his retirement from football at the age of 38

There was the chip with his right foot against Barcelona and the chest down and half volley with his left foot against Bayern Munich. The wedge with his not-so-weak foot at Hull and the countless occasions on which defences would regret not closing him down 30 yards out.

Chelsea supporters will cherish the memory of three Premier League titles. Lampard was the team's top scorer in the first two triumphs and scored 22 goals in the third. Perhaps most of all, fans will recall his role in captaining the team to Champions League glory in 2012.

"The largest part of my heart belongs to Chelsea, a club which has given me so many great memories," said Lampard upon announcing his retirement. "I will never forget the opportunity they gave me and the success that we managed to achieve together."

Chelsea provided the platform but Lampard seized it.

Lampard is Chelsea's all-time top scorer with 211 goals for the club
He proved the doubters wrong and justified that £11m price tag that Chelsea paid for him 10 times over.

Speaking to Claudio Ranieri in 2015, the coach who took Lampard to Stamford Bridge was in no doubt who deserved the credit for his exponential improvement.

"It was fantastic because when you say something to Frank, he will remember," Ranieri told Sky Sports . "The manager speaks with everybody but only the champion remembers in that moment what the coach said. It was easy to work with him. Too easy."

This was a man who made the best of his talent. Not the quickest, through hard work, and dedication, he nevertheless became arguably the game's most physically resilient footballer. In his first six years at Chelsea, he averaged over 60 games a season for club and country.

After more than a 1,000 professional games in a journey that took him from east London to the east coast of America, Lampard's playing career is over. But both the numbers and the memories will ensure it is career that is never likely to be forgotten.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) ... (19357) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: forgiveness and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.