Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10490788 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) ... (19139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:35am On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

This is so wrong....every shades of wrong Bros.

Hope if or when Mancity stats fvcking up even with Jesus in attack, u no go give us stories? Because, just like I am on your case for Pep so also I will be on your case for Jesus.

Peps change in City is in progress he is gradually trying to reduce the age of the squad. Their attack his getting younger. Whats left is to buy 2 young full backs, a young DM

See the team Conte inherited you can see young players all Under 30yrs currently bought within the last 3yrs who are still contributing like Pedro, Matic, Costa, Fabregas, etc Thats why Conte can field a starting 11 with like 9-10 under 30yrs

Compare that to City, their recent buys include Mangala, Negredo, Bony, Lampard, Fernando Jovetic Demichelis Navas have either been sold off or arent useful anymore. The rest are older and would need to be replaced soon

Most of their purchases in those Pellegrini years save for those bought last season (Sterling, KdB and Otamendi) are wastes

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:47am On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

Mancity are heading towards a direction yet, Ur god Pep bought a 30years old nolito earlier to compete with old aguero and a 33years sweeper keeper to replace old Joe Hart. Weh don sir......

This your useless excuse will be over come season end. At least he will have the perfect opportunity to buy another 5 to 6 new players to make is direction complete.

We go dey here dey wait you......

Jesus is the competition for Aguero
Nolito and Sane are the competition for the wings where they had Navas and Steling, Gundogan was the Yaya replacement,

Age doesnt count for keepers like they do for outfield players, most keepers barely move throughout the game thats why a Buffon and a VDS can keep into their late 30's. Neuer is considered young and hes over 30, Zoff was still winning trophies in his 40s

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:52am On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Jesus is the competition for Aguero
Nolito and Sane are the competition for the wings where they had Navas and Steling, Gundogan was the Yaya replacement,

Age doesnt count for keepers like they do for outfield players, most keepers barely move throughout the game thats why a Buffon and a VDS can keep into their late 30's. Neuer is considered young and hes over 30, Zoff was still winning trophies in his 40s

It is good you deemed it fit to remove keepers this time around, perhaps the wind blew west ?

So it makes sense to you that a 30years old was bought to play as a winger? Kontinu

#wehdonsir.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:58am On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Peps change in City is in progress he is gradually trying to reduce the age of the squad. Their attack his getting younger. Whats left is to buy 2 young full backs, a young DM

See the team Conte inherited you can see young players all Under 30yrs currently bought within the last 3yrs who are still contributing like Pedro, Matic, Costa, Fabregas, etc Thats why Conte can field a starting 11 with like 9-10 under 30yrs

Compare that to City, their recent buys include Mangala, Negredo, Bony, Lampard, Fernando Jovetic Demichelis Navas have either been sold off or arent useful anymore. The rest are older and would need to be replaced soon

Most of their purchases in those Pellegrini years save for those bought last season (Sterling, KdB and Otamendi) are wastes

I have never seen you make excuses for transfers gone bad for any order team except Mancity. How far west is the wind blowing today and to what extent are you willing to descend to prove this your fickle theory as right?

Spurs should be running away with the league and not Chelsea,dont you think so? Perhaps it should be arsenal or manU or liverpool etc.

Keep the excuses coming, I am saving everything for you.

Lastly, I hope after Pep is done spending the Arab billions he will eventually prove us wrong? According to you, abramovic billions helped mou succeed in Chelsea, maybe Porto and Inter too abi?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:02am On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

It is good you deemed it fit to remove keepers this time around, perhaps the wind blew west ?

So it makes sense to you that a 30years old was bought to play as a winger? Kontinu

#wehdonsir.....
Its a well known facts that age doesnt affect keepers they way they affect outfield players because players dont move a lot

Nolito was bought to have a goal scoring winger. And reduce the goal scoring load on the central striker, Navas wasnt going to score any, Navas has played 4 seasons at City and has 8 goals Nolito in half a season has 6 goals already. So replacing Navas wit Nolito was a no brainer

So like 7up says the difference is clear

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:06am On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

I have never seen you make excuses for transfers gone bad for any order team except Mancity. How far west is the wind blowing today and to what extent are you willing to descend to prove this your fickle theory as right?

Spurs should be running away with the league and not Chelsea,dont you think so? Perhaps it should be arsenal or manU or liverpool etc.

Keep the excuses coming, I am saving everything for you.

Lastly, I hope after Pep is done spending the Arab billions he will eventually prove us wrong? According to you, abramovic billions helped mou succeed in Chelsea, maybe Porto and Inter too abi?

Most of these Demichelis, Negredo, Bony Jovetic, Mangala were already certified wastes before Pep got there, If you want to blame anyone for those its on Pellegrini

WHile Contes predecessors were getting young players who after 3 seasons are still useful, Peps predecessors were filling the team with Bony, Negredo, Demichelis, Mangala, Sagna, Fernando, Lampard

Mourinho had a spending monopoly in Europe at his first reign, No club could match or come close to Chelsea spending between 03 and 06

Nowadays PSG, United, Barca Madrid, Chelsea all EPL clubs and even China has more more to compete for talents than they did under Mourinho

A millionaire in Ajegunle will shine more than a millionaire in VGC

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:09am On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Its a well known facts that age doesnt affect keepers they way they affect outfield players because players dont move a lot

Nolito was bought to have a goal scoring winger. And reduce the goal scoring load on the central striker, Navas wasnt going to score any, Navas has played 4 seasons at City and has 8 goals Nolito in half a season has 6 goals already. So replacing Navas wit Nolito was a no brainer

So like 7up says the difference is clear

I am not surprised you are only realizing this well known fact today. I am indeed happy for you.

Why buy nolito of 30years if age is the issue to start with? Are you saying god Pep couldn't find a Jesus age kind of player to do that for him? Remember we are meant to reduce the age bracket to that of CFC for them to be able to compete again according to you, so why buy a 30years old?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:20am On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Most of these Demichelis, Negredo, Bony Jovetic, Mangala were already certified wastes before Pep got there, If you want to blame anyone for those its on Pellegrini

WHile Contes predecessors were getting young players who after 3 seasons are still useful, Peps predecessors were filling the team with Bony, Negredo, Demichelis, Mangala, Sagna, Fernando, Lampard

Mourinho had a spending monopoly in Europe at his first reign, No club could match or come close to Chelsea spending between 03 and 06

Nowadays PSG, United, Barca Madrid, Chelsea all EPL clubs and even China has more more to compete for talents than they did under Mourinho

A millionaire in Ajegunle will shine more than a millionaire in VGC

It is too early to start chatting rubbish dayo! Negrodo and jovetic were long gone. And, stop hammering on demichelis like your life depends on it. He was hardly playing even before Pep came in.

Luiz a certified wasteman according you, was purchased at almost 30years of age by conte yet he is doing great. Your god Pep inherited a mangala who 2seasons ago was one of the most feared and sort after defender in the world, captured by City with the future in mind, had a first bad season and got is arsss kicked out by god Pep.

Tell me why he couldn't bring out the best in mangala? Afterall he improved boathand,pique,created Messi and busquet etc. Except you have been giving god Pep too much credit to start with, I don't see why mangala should be left for lawma......

We saw how many clubs was in competition to sign kdb,sane,nolito,bravo, and Jesus yet, Pep and city won the battle.

Please, I need some more excuses......

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kagawa10: 12:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
airmark:

What is the meaning of this ? Was he using kolarov, sagna, yaya toure in his attack before ? The front 4 that lost to liverpool and everton played today.

Doesn't still make the back line anyway better. They still looked piss poor in their last game before yesterday match.

I think what Pep has done is to have more control in the midfield by bringing Silva deeper. I've always thought that David Silva's home was the central midfield. He could do a job as a no 10 but now that's he's a bit older, he doesn't have the quickness to burn/terrorise the opposition defence like he used to do (not that he had an enormous pace to begin with). But in the midfield, his job is just to dictate the play, control possession and creates some few chances as deem fit.

Silva's performance in the central midfield was part of the reason behind City's fantastic start at the start of the season until Gundogan's return from his sabotaged everything and when he got injured, the ageing Yaya Toure took over the said role with Silva thrust to the wing. I think the best role that fits Yaya apart from a no 10/SS role, is the laid back holding midfield role if he can concentrate on it but then, he's still a bit of suspect in the said role.

Anyway, my point is a better control in the midfield will actually give some bit of protection to the defence behind it. More so, Pep has finally realised to correct his mistake by deciding to bench the mistake waiting to happen of a goalkeeper in Bravo. That's one out of the way.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

It is too early to start chatting rubbish dayo! Negrodo and jovetic were long gone. And, stop hammering on demichelis like your life depends on it. He was hardly playing even before Pep came in.

Luiz a certified wasteman according you, was purchased at almost 30years of age by conte yet he is doing great. Your god Pep inherited a mangala who 2seasons ago was one of the most feared and sort after defender in the world, captured by City with the future in mind, had a first bad season and got is arsss kicked out by god Pep.

Tell me why he couldn't bring out the best in mangala? Afterall he improved boathand,pique,created Messi and busquet etc. Except you have been giving god Pep too much credit to start with, I don't see why mangala should be left for lawma......

We saw how many clubs was in competition to sign kdb,sane,nolito,bravo, and Jesus yet, Pep and city won the battle.

See nabbing!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
Kagawa10:

Doesn't still make the back line anyway better. They still looked piss poor in their last game before yesterday match.

I think what Pep has done is to have more control in the midfield by bringing Silva deeper. I've always thought that David Silva's home was the central midfield. He could do a job as a no 10 but now that's he's a bit older, he doesn't have the quickness to burn/terrorise the opposition defence like he used to do (not that he had an enormous pace to begin with). But in the midfield, his job is just to dictate the play, control possession and creates some few chances as deem fit.

Silva's performance in the central midfield was part of the reason behind City's fantastic start at the start of the season until Gundogan's return from his sabotaged everything and when he got injured, the ageing Yaya Toure took over the said role with Silva thrust to the wing. I think the best role that fits Yaya apart from a no 10/SS role, is the laid back holding midfield role if he can concentrate on it but then, he's still a bit of suspect in the said role.

Anyway, my point is a better control in the midfield will actually give some bit of protection to the defence behind it. More so, Pep has finally realised to correct his mistake by deciding to bench the mistake waiting to happen of a goalkeeper in Bravo. That's one out of the way.

Pep should know each player's strength and weakness and try to see how best to get results with it. That's the reason many believe he is overrated as it looks like he keeps gambling with formations. I dont see him winning chelsea with what he set up, yesterday. We just need a swift and creative player in the hole and hungry striker to destroy his shaky defence. If 4-1-4-1 is his best let him stick to it. Yesterday he praised silva as his best player, let's see how it goes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kagawa10: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
airmark:

Pep should know each player's strength and weakness and try to see how best to get results with it. That's the reason many believe he is overrated as it looks like he keeps gambling with formations. I dont see him winning chelsea with what he set up, yesterday. We just need a swift and creative player in the hole and hungry striker to destroy his shaky defence. If 4-1-4-1 is his best let him stick to it. Yesterday he praised silva as his best player, let's see how it goes.

The truth is their defence line is still exploitable coupled with Aguero not being at his lethal self unlike he used to be. So, if they are not scoring the first goal to open up the opponent for more goals, the average defence will eventually take the brunt of it.

That said, Silva has been City's best midfielder whenever he was deployed in the midfield this season. Personally, I think he should have been deployed in the midfield several seasons ago before Pep took over. His spatial awareness, vision, movement and ability to bring others into play were his main strengths and these attributes belong to the midfield, not on the wing nor the no 10 role. And being a player who lacked a bit of pace, he needed a quick player to play alongside him and that was why a 3-man midfield of himself, Debruyne and Fernandinho OR at times, a midfield of Silva, Fernandinho, Fernando worked well at the start of the season but with a lethargic slow Gundogan/the ageing legs of Yaya Toure playing alongside him, it was always going to be tough for Silva in the midfield. Many times he was moved to the wing/no. 10 role because of this yet City never improved and even became much more worse.

At least, Pep has realised his mistake and has gone back to what worked well for him at the start of the season. Now, all what City needs is to sort out the defence and the DM role next season. But for now, all he can bank on is the ability of his midfield to dictate the play and control possession. With that, less opportunities will be afforded to the opposition.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

I am not surprised you are only realizing this well known fact today. I am indeed happy for you.

Why buy nolito of 30years if age is the issue to start with? Are you saying god Pep couldn't find a Jesus age kind of player to do that for him? Remember we are meant to reduce the age bracket to that of CFC for them to be able to compete again according to you, so why buy a 30years old?

You are mixing many issues together Point where I have ever said a keeper being over 30 is a problem.

2. Aside age, the wingers at City are unproductive, if you are playing 4-3-3 the 3 in front needs to be goal threats, Jesus Navas with 8 goals in 4 seasons isnt, Nolito is. So Nolito is an upgrade already over Navas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

Before Pep came to City, Mangalas fate was already decided and even Pellergin who bought him,i gave up on him,

The point is before Conte Chelseas buys were useful buys which is why they can line up an 11 with 10 of them under 30. Of the current Chelsea 11 only 3 were Conte buys. That means the team was already stacked with good players.

While Citys buys before Pep were mostly useless thats why no matter how you try the team will always be filled with retirees. 4 full backs all over 30 in a position that requires a lot of mobility. Thats poor squad planning from City and Pep isnt going to fix that in a window

When City in the past 3 yrs was blowing money on Bony Negredo, Mangala Lampard Demichelis etc. Looks like there are even more Mancini(who left 4yrs ago) buys left in City than Pellegrini(who left less than a year ago) buys.

WHoever conducted transfers in the days of Pellegrini just wasted money and didnt give the team a chance
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

You are mixing many issues together Point where I have ever said a keeper being over 30 is a problem.

2. Aside age, the wingers at City are unproductive, if you are playing 4-3-3 the 3 in front needs to be goal threats, Jesus Navas with 8 goals in 4 seasons isnt, Nolito is. So Nolito is an upgrade already over Navas

I am sure you will find a way to delete Bravo's name from your post below;

raumdeuter:

Check his starting 11 last game and see how many of them are over 30
Bravo, Sagna Kolarov, Zabaleta Yaya Silva.

2) for the record, you never mentioned formation when you started declaring 30+ players(keepers inclusive) as useless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:
I am sure you will find a way to delete Bravo's name from your post below;

2) for the record, you never mentioned formation when you started declaring 30+ players(keepers inclusive) as useless.

This is desperate hanging at straws
Even if you remove Bravo you have a starting 10 outfield which half are over 30.

Which team among the current top 6 have 5 starting outfield players over 30. I have always hammered at the 4 full backs over 30.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Below is my post that followed. I am sure you understand but trying to do I no go gree

raumdeuter:

WHat I am claiming is that when majority of your starting 11 are over 30 you cant get optimum performance every game. Surely there will be games he will win with those geriatrics but they cant sustain it for long.

there is a reason the price of a player over 30 drops and some clubs have a policy of giving them just a yr contract

look at your Chelsea starting 11 tell me the number of players above 30

infact look at the top 6 teams that started last weekend and lets know the number of 30yrs plus in each team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Before Pep came to City, Mangalas fate was already decided and even Pellergin who bought him,i gave up on him,

The point is before Conte Chelseas buys were useful buys which is why they can line up an 11 with 10 of them under 30. Of the current Chelsea 11 only 3 were Conte buys. That means the team was already stacked with good players.

While Citys buys before Pep were mostly useless thats why no matter how you try the team will always be filled with retirees. 4 full backs all over 30 in a position that requires a lot of mobility. Thats poor squad planning from City and Pep isnt going to fix that in a window

When City in the past 3 yrs was blowing money on Bony Negredo, Mangala Lampard Demichelis etc. Looks like there are even more Mancini(who left 4yrs ago) buys left in City than Pellegrini(who left less than a year ago) buys.

WHoever conducted transfers in the days of Pellegrini just wasted money and didnt give the team a chance

Cuadrado, Hector, djablahblahblah, filipe Luiz, baba Rahman, etc. If I choose to move a year further , I am sure we will get to see more useless signings by CFC.

Meanwhile, what is stopping you from making similar excuse for Wenger/arsenal, liverpool/klopp, manUnited/mou, ven Sunderland/Moyes etc I hope you get to see the picture....?

I have tried endless to ignore your latest rants about bony Bros. I hope you realise he was one of the deadliest strikers we had in the epl bf he moved to city?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:
Below is my post that followed. I am sure you understand but trying to do I no go gree

I can't see were you removed Bravo's name from your list Bros and If I decide to do some more digging, I am sure I called you out for including keepers and you ignored.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

This is desperate hanging at straws
Even if you remove Bravo you have a starting 10 outfield which half are over 30.

Which team among the current top 6 have 5 starting outfield players over 30. I have always hammered at the 4 full backs over 30.

What you have done sofar is to make reckless generalization and I have challenged you from the beginning.

I am only stating the facts you presented bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

Cuadrado, Hector, djablahblahblah, filipe Luiz, baba Rahman, etc. If I choose to move a year further , I am sure we will get to see more useless signings by CFC.

Meanwhile, what is stopping you from making similar excuse for Wenger/arsenal, liverpool/klopp, manUnited/mou, ven Sunderland/Moyes etc I hope you get to see the picture....?

I have tried endless to ignore your latest rants about bony Bros. I hope you realise he was one of the deadliest strikers we had in the epl bf he moved to city?

Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal for several seasons so who will he blame? George Graham?

Klopp has the same excuse because Rodgers filled the team with scrubs who dont fit, he will get rid of them gradually and he has started thats why this season was better than the last for Liverpool,

Man Utd team before Mourinho was filled with young players the likes of Mata, Blind Smalling, Herrera, Martial Rashford and I called this out before the season began, Mourinho inherited a better and younger team than City.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:
What you have done sofar is to make reckless generalization and I have challenged you from the beginning.
I am only stating the facts you presented bro.

WHat are the generalizations you accuse me of?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

WHat are the generalizations you accuse me of?

Players 30 n above.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:
Players 30 n above.

And what was this generalization be specific
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal for several seasons so who will he blame? George Graham?

Klopp has the same excuse because Rodgers filled the team with scrubs who dont fit, he will get rid of them gradually and he has started thats why this season was better than the last for Liverpool,

Man Utd team before Mourinho was filled with young players the likes of Mata, Blind Smalling, Herrera, Martial Rashford and I called this out before the season began, Mourinho inherited a better and younger team than City.

You are yet to call any of manU players useless or don't you think mou needs 11 new players to execute what he wants like Pep do?

I noticed you failed to discuss Sunderland / Moyes situation grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz do you disagree that generally players over 30 decline rapidly and any team built on a bunch of 30yr olds will crash easily
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

You are yet to call any of manU players useless or don't you think mou needs 11 new players to execute what he wants like Pep do?

I noticed you failed to discuss Sunderland / Moyes situation grin

I dont know much about Sunderland, Aside Defoe I dont even know any of their players without googling

Pep inherited old players, Mourinho inherited a young team. So why would Mourinho need 11 new players to replace young talents he has?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

I dont know much about Sunderland, Aside Defoe I dont even know any of their players without googling

Pep inherited old players, Mourinho inherited a young team. So why would Mourinho need 11 new players to replace young talents he has?

So when you added mangala to your list,did you do dat because he was old? Or bony who was atop striker before joining manCity.

You cannot afford to be selective especially when you make bold declaration.

You actually want us to believe bcuz certain city players are in their 30s dey are also automatically useless which is not the case.

I see lahm playing as a right back for Ur club and I am yet to read anywhere you called him useless. Alonso, robben and co.,you haven't called them useless for being over 30years of age. Why right off all 30+ players in city?

Same Yaya you wrote off,pep can't do without. Silva you wrote off,pep can not do without. Same goes for kolarov, n co.

Please, even if I can agree that age do affect everyone at some point, I will never agree to your claim that once a player is 30 and above the player automatically becomes useless. I won't agree because all players have their football life span which is different from one another.

I won't agree because I have witnessed players achieve greatness or do great things at 30 and above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
grin
diggz:

So when you added mangala to your list,did you do dat because he was old? Or bony who was atop striker before joining manCity.

You actually want us to believe bcuz certain city players are in their 30s dey are also automatically useless which is not the case.

I see lahm playing as a right back for Ur club and I am yet to read anywhere you called him useless. Alonso, robben and co.,you haven't called them useless for being over 30years of age. Why right off all 30+ players in city?

Same Yaya you wrote off,pep can't do without. Silva you wrote off,pep can not do without. Same goes for kolarov, n co.

Please, even if I can agree that age do affect everyone at some point, I will never agree to your claim that once a player is 30 and above the player automatically becomes useless. I won't agree because all players have their football life span which is different from one another.

I WON'T AGREE because I have witnessed players achieve greatness or do great things at 30 and above.

Olopa diggz.....be merciful with the bald!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

I won't agree because I have witnessed players achieve greatness or do great things at 30 and above.

Pep is actively trying to reduce the age profile of ManCity though.

These three players will be the future in the next three or four years, I’m pretty sure of that,” the manager said. “The last game [the FA Cup win at Crystal Palace] we played with three guys with an average age of 20. I don’t think in the big clubs in Europe you can find three strikers with an average age of 20. But we have to win the games today. People aren’t expecting what’s going to happen in three or four years but it’s good with this huge talent of Raz, Gabriel, Leroy who are so young. - Pep Guardiola
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
Nihilist:

Pep is actively trying to reduce the age profile of ManCity though.

It is normal for clubs to bring in young and fresh legs which I don't have a problem with.

What is not normal is dayos reckless claim. A player can be 30,31,32 and still be balling hard. Having a bunch of or a couple of 30 plus players won't automatically translate into a team being poor and that is my cross with dayos claim.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
diggz:

It is normal for clubs to bring in young and fresh legs which I don't have a problem with.

What is not normal is dayos reckless claim. A player can be 30,31,32 and still be balling hard. Having a bunch of or a couple of 30 plus players won't automatically translate into a team being poor and that is my cross with dayos claim.

Of course.

I actually agree with Dayo on this issue though. Toure was out of the team until Gundogan forced Pep's hand. Kompany is fit, but Pep is not playing him. Aguero has been dropped, and last night Fernandinho played Left Back.

Pep is actively trying to phase out the older players in the team. I remember after the last West Ham game, he was saying point out how important it was that his front three were very young and as such had the energy to beat the first line of West Ham's press.

Of course, Dayo is a dodgy criminal, but he has a good point here. Pep himself has been emphasising the age factor in his recent comments

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) ... (19139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.