Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10488121 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2609) (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) ... (19139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2017
Dhelake:

Have lost any game using 3-4-3 with Fabregas starting?? I don't understand that bolded line.

How many 3-4-3 games has Fabregas started? Two. In one of them against City, we looked as vulnerable as ever and were saved by poor finishing. The 2nd one was against Bournemouth who never put you under midfield pressure.

If you have job that pays you N1m a month, would you swap it for job that might pay you commission up to N1.5m a month.

Right now, Matic is money in the bank. 20 wins out of 25. That is guaranteed salary. Fabregas is 2 wins out of 2. That is commission.

I don't want to talk too much about this because my argument is purely tactical, lest ninjas say I am arguing against Fabregas.

Go and check comments on this thread when Chelsea was about to sign Fabregas. Some of these same niggas were arguing why should we sign Fabregas when we have Oscar, and I was explaining what VISION really means, and how Fabregas has all of it, and Oscar has none of it. It is on record.

So no, I fully know what Fabregas is capable of, and I also know the requirements of Contes midfield. My argument is purely tactical. 20 wins out of 25 ratio takes me to title. I am risk averse by nature. I don't catch HBP over a functioning system. Niggas who could not catch HBP over Mikel and Ramires are catching HBP over Fabregas not playing? Really? How can you catch HBP in a comfortable title win? cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nihilist:

Exactly. Matic is in the team based on what he is supposed to be doing. You may have a point with that tackling angle though. The only issue is Verrati is not a monster. As small as Kante is, he is still taller and heavier than Verrati. Verratti is very close to the ground. If you were in the same room with him, you might mistake him for a coffee table and rest your glass of ciroc on his head. I cannot see how Conte will play such a a guy over Matic. I really can't.

Since one of the reasons he is making the team is the height cover he provides
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ibime:

Fabregas does not come on as a DM in the 3-4-3.

Fabregas comes on as an AM in a 3-5-2 when he comes on late in games to exploit gaps with the opposition chasing the game after we have already won the game with the 3-4-3.

Don't equate what Fabregas does as a late substitute with what would be required of him as a starting 3-4-3 midfielder. Give credit to the niggas who won the game from 0-70 minutes, not the icing on the cake.

3-4-3 midfield has no place for Fab4. The midfield is a two pincer movement, left and right. LCM helps Alonso and RCM helps Moses. This is not a case of one sitting and one forward. The two man midfield movement is lateral, not vertical. The attacking is through the wingers and wing-backs. If Fabregas knows he can help Alonso out, he should step forward, not talking about "I'm creative while Kante is sitting". Kante is not sitting for anybody. Kante has job to do with Moses on the right-side. Fabregas job will be to maintain the shape on the left-side.

Thats how most people watch footy here.

I am sure they all know this but they are just being deliberately blind to this fact. They can see the change in system when Fab comes on and see what position he's playing but they would rather say he contributed more than Matic when in fact they did not play the same position.

If it aint broke, dont bother with it. Matic was part and important (whether they like it or not) part of the 13game winning streak. Fabregas is doing his bit coming on from the bench, things should remain as is.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nihilist:

Exactly. Matic is in the team based on what he is supposed to be doing. You may have a point with that tackling angle though. The only issue is Verrati is not a monster. As small as Kante is, he is still taller and heavier than Verrati. Verratti is very close to the ground. If you were in the same room with him, you might mistake him for a coffee table and rest your glass of ciroc on his head. I cannot see how Conte will play such a a guy over Matic. I really can't.

Hehehe. I dont care about the height, I've seen the ninja intimidate taller folks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 2:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
lalaboi:

If it aint broke, dont bother with it...
That's what Conte thought about Oscar and Ivanovic until Liverpool and Arsenal wired his brain
That's what Jose thought last season when he ignored our terrible end to the campaign the previous season

If it shows signs of breaking, fix it before it does.....

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

That's what Conte thought about Oscar and Ivanovic until Liverpool and Arsenal wired his brain
That's what Jose thought last season when he ignored our terrible end to the campaign the previous season

If it shows signs of breaking, fix it before it does.....

Stop talking crap logic like uncle Dayo.

During the 13 game run, what exactly has Matic done differently as compared to now? why are you calling for his head?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2017
lalaboi:

Stop talking crap logic like uncle Dayo.

During the 13 game run, what exactly has Matic done differently as compared to now? why are you calling for his head?
Never in your life, I repeat again I say never in your life compare me to Uncle Ramuzaki
U Compare me to Bobrisky, Denrele,Vic O and any other clown you can think of but not him

What have I done to deserve such insult? It's not fair man

As for Matic, I have been on his matter since.. .13 games winning streak or not.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kinggenesis(m): 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Never in your life, I repeat again I say never in your life compare me to Uncle Ramuzaki
U Compare me to Bobrisky, Denrele,Vic O and any other clown you can think of but not him

As for Matic, I have been on his matter since.. .13 games winning streak or not.

cheesy cheesy
Weitin? Una dey drag babe ni? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
The funny thing people always call matic head, when you ask them what has he done they can't really say.

I remember last season when matic was off form And Fabregas Was even in the mildfield we conceded terrible goals. Now conte has found the balance to stop conceding goals he has been yearning for since beginning of season and you people are screaming fabregas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
lordfalcao:
The funny thing people always call matic head, when you ask them what has he done they can't really say.

I remember last season when matic was off form And Fabregas Was even in the mildfield we conceded terrible goals. Now conte has found the balance to stop conceding goals he has been yearning for since beginning of season and you people are screaming fabregas

Conte found the balance by playing an extra centreback. By playing 5 defenders and 2 defennsive midfielders, we are desperately lacking in creativity, which is when you see people like lalaboi complaining about Hazard being untouchable whilst Pedro and Willian have to compete for a position, all the while forgetting that Donkey Matic's lack of creativity is one of the key reason's why we're creating the least number of chances in the top 6 and relying heavily on set piece goals or individual brilliance from of front 3 to win games.

lalaboi doesn't remember that Hazard was an important member of the team that won 13 straight games when he's complaining about Hazard on a regular basis despite being our second highest goal scorer, but he's getting touchy when we highlight periods when Matic goes MIA...which is almost this entire season.

Let me sit down somewhere and drink kunu jare.

#deliberatelyblind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
Fab is a fantastic player but truth be said we will not be where we are now if the coach succumb to pressure and was playing fab.

Fab coming from bench to score or assist is not a yardstick to call for matic's head.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nihilist:

Conte found the balance by playing an extra centreback. By playing 5 defenders and 2 defennsive midfielders, we are desperately lacking in creativity, which is when you see people like lalaboi complaining about Hazard being untouchable whilst Pedro and Willian have to compete for a position, all the while forgetting that Donkey Matic's lack of creativity is one of the key reason's why we're creating the least number of chances in the top 6 and relying heavily on set piece goals or individual brilliance from of front 3 to win games.

lalaboi doesn't remember that Hazard was an important member of the team that won 13 straight games when he's complaining about Hazard on a regular basis despite being our second highest goal scorer, but he's getting touchy when we highlight periods when Matic goes MIA...which is almost this entire season.

#deliberatelyblind
The 2 DM's are also one of the reasons we have the least number of goals this season. Fabregas playing in that mildfield are not guarantee we won't be penetrated easily.

There is a reason conte has been screaming on having the right balance between defense and attack, which is key to clinching the premier league title. We all have seen over the years that to bring the best out of fabregas he has to be shielded with good defensive players. You accuse Matic of lack of creativity but I don't see N'golo having the sort of creativity you require in a mildfield.

Our mildfield porosity did not start today, it started the season we even won the premier league, if you look carefully you will see it but we were busy trying to run away with the title that it wasn't easy to be noticed. If you can remember in 2014 season wen the title race was getting tougher Mourinho went quickly to bring Zouma to sit along and share the defensive duties with Matic and played fabregas further up because he isn't good defensively..

That mistake was overlooked last season, then some players coupled with matic suffered form despite fabregas yet playing in the mildfield, we conceded terribly by conceding close up to 50 goal.

The key in the premier league race over the years has been consistent balance in defense before talking about attack. That's why high attacking teams with negligence to defense like arsenal and Liverpool always suffer to. No matter how you try to strip Matic of his honour, he is giving us something(even if its little) in the balance between defense First before attack that I doubt Fabregas can ever give.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
lordfalcao:
The 2 DM's are also one of the reasons we have the least number of goals this season. Fabregas playing in that mildfield are not guarantee we won't be penetrated easily.

There is a reason conte has been screaming on having the right balance between defense and attack, which is key to clinching the premier league title. We all have seen over the years that to bring the best out of fabregas he has to be shielded with good defensive players. You accuse Matic of lack of creativity but I don't see N'golo having the sort of creativity you require in a mildfield.

Our mildfield porosity did not start today, it started the season we even won the premier league, if you look carefully you will see it but we were busy trying to run away with the title that it wasn't easy to be noticed. If you can remember in 2014 season wen the title race was getting tougher Mourinho went quickly to bring Zouma to sit along and share the defensive duties with Matic and played fabregas further up because he isn't good defensively..

That mistake was overlooked last season, then some players coupled with matic suffered form despite fabregas yet playing in the mildfield, we conceded terribly by conceding close up to 50 goal.

The key in the premier league race over the years has been consistent balance in defense before talking about attack. That's why high attacking teams with negligence to defense like arsenal and Liverpool always suffer to. No matter how you try to strip Matic of his honour, he is giving us something(even if its little) in the balance between defense First before attack that I doubt Fabregas can ever give.

Those 2 DMs were there in the exact position when we got destroyed by Liverpool and Arsenal so I don't buy that excuse. The difference between pre-343 and post 3-4-3 is the extra centreback. I mean the correlation is pretty obvious - defence improves after the introduction of an extra defender.

Pointing out that Zouma played in midfield in 14/15 is redundant because the same Jose thar played Zouma actually dropped Matic from the team the next season. I used to have running arguments with raumdeuter over Matic and I probably defended him then more than you guys now.

Because that extra defender has shored up the defence, we can afford to have a creative type player to help our attack, because I'm sure you've noticed how blunt our attack can be once Hazard is off form, and Costa is having to beat up centrebacks to score.

When both Costa and Hazard are out if the game then we have no attack - forget Pedro. When Fab enters set, the story changes instantly.

Matic doesn't even defend properly sef so the thing he's supposed to be doing no even follow
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

grin grin grin

Sorry bro. cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nihilist:

Those 2 DMs were there in the exact position when we got destroyed by Liverpool and Arsenal so I don't buy that excuse. The difference between pre-343 and post 3-4-3 is the extra centreback. I mean the correlation is pretty obvious - defence improves after the introduction of an extra defender.

Pointing out that Zouma played in midfield in 14/15 is redundant because the same Jose thar played Zouma actually dropped Matic from the team the next season. I used to have running arguments with raumdeuter over Matic and I probably defended him then more than you guys now.

Because that extra defender has shored up the defence, we can afford to have a creative type player to help our attack, because I'm sure you've noticed how blunt our attack can be once Hazard is off form, and Costa is having to beat up centrebacks to score.

When both Costa and Hazard are out if the game then we have no attack - forget Pedro. When Fab enters set, the story changes instantly.

Matic doesn't even defend properly sef so the thing he's supposed to be doing no even follow

those 2dm was in the game we lost, the same fabregas was in the game we lost I don't see your point..

The two matches Fabregas started our mildfield was over runed. Against Bournemouth we saw how januzaz was penetrating our mildfield, orchestrating play from there.

The reason mourinho benched Matic was his lost of form. During that period we conceded terrible because of no real DM in the game fabregas was also starting those matches..

Saying we need creativity is not a good excuse, spurs play Two DM wanyama and dembele two players not better than Matic nor kanteThats why they have the least number of goals conceded with us. ( they have the right balance to defense before attack). They rely on the creativity of Alli and Eriksson, two players who don't play from the mildfield and yet they score lots of goals.

Fab is better off coming as a sub in this current setup or he can fight for a place in the front 3, that was where he was pushed during his barca days.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nihilist:

Conte found the balance by playing an extra centreback. By playing 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders, we are desperately lacking in creativity, which is when you see people like lalaboi complaining about Hazard being untouchable whilst Pedro and Willian have to compete for a position, all the while forgetting that Donkey Matic's lack of creativity is one of the key reason's why we're creating the least number of chances in the top 6 and relying heavily on set piece goals or individual brilliance from of front 3 to win games.

#deliberatelyblind

You keep shouting this extra defender BS like its the main reason we are not conceding as much goals. Everton had 5 at the back and chop 4 or was it 5. Spurs had 5 at the back and we scored 2. Before the craze this season, i remember even Rodgers of Liverpool used to try out this 3 center back system until arsenal destroyed him that day, press bullied the system and it was abolished. Playing 5 at the back is not guarantee of not conceding less.

I pointed out that Hazard has had a bad 2 months and coincidentally was that period our streak ended and we were not creating much upfront through hazard but instead through willian and pedro, your camp instead blamed Matic and opposition formation for Hazard's dip in form (pathetic). I am not denying what he has done this season, i just want him to do it all season long, having a 2 months break is not acceptable. We want Hazard to reach that height just below Messi and Ronnie not to be dragging stats with average joes.

Matic is so hated around here, no one notices even when he intercepts or wins the ball back or has a good game. when Kante has a bad game or makes errors just as much as Matic, everybody is deliberately blind. Kante is so black, we see him everywhere and doing all the flashy things we want to see. He's one hell of a player though, he's played so good we have all forgotten the Matic of old. Even right now that he's not at his best, he has contributed 6 assists due to his presence in the opponents half (your camp will call some lucky) with his supposed limited creativity.
You guys are complaining that Kante is doing all the work, imagine how much more he will have to do with Fabregas in the team?? will he not tire out?
Yes Matic can improve but Starting Fabregas in that DM position? hell nah! Calling for a player in the moul dof Veratti? hell yah! but a bit taller so as not to reduce the overall height of the team.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
Top of the league and see them still crying over nothing? Na wa for you these blue tossers sha! Anyway MATIC IS GOING NOWHERE and he shall remain as 1st choice in that your midfield till pre season at least!

Now who needs a ride to the gbedu we are planning on hosting at the gayners thread tonight! cool

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
They say matic is a bad passer and visionless, am yet to see a DM with 6 assist.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Top of the league and see them still crying over nothing? Na wa for you these blue tossers sha! Anyway MATIC IS GOING NOWHERE and he shall remain as 1st choice in that your midfield till pre season at least!

Now who needs a ride to the gbedu we are planning on hosting at the gayners thread tonight! cool
i will love it if arsenal do a PSG on Bayern.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
lordfalcao:
They say matic is a bad passer and visionless, am yet to see a DM with 6 assist.

Where's airmark ... Please come and create for us GIF of Matic's Assist to Hazard against Man utd at the bridge and another fine assist to Salah against arsenal last two seasons when we destroyed dem 6-0 plsssssssss help a poor man here cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
lordfalcao:
If napoli can give Madrid serious blow for the first leg too that would be great.
UCL without Bayern,madrid and Barcelona go dey alright this predictable match up don too tire me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2017
lordfalcao:

Impossicant!!! Them no reach.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

If napoli can give Madrid serious blow for the first leg too that would be great.
UCL without Bayern,madrid and Barcelona go dey alright this predictable match up don too tire me.
Asin eh.. I go like make all heavy teams just go.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Please speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
bykebyke:

Please speak for yourself.

Kpele bruv I see wetin Enrique do you yesterday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
lordfalcao:
Asin eh.. I go like make all heavy teams just go.
We fit even get new winner.
I dey blank on the other teams but Dortmund gats Comot too,for that to happen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
And Arsenal should go and win it , it won't be funny though .. grin angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Una board bus wey go carry people from here go that thread? I no hold TP for here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
Griffon:

Una board bus wey go carry people from here go that thread? I no hold TP for here.

Na private jet level we dey now oh! You no hear say whistle blowing don finally pay niggas? wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Na private jet level we dey now oh! You no hear say whistle blowing don finally pay niggas? wink

Sho...Make una involve me for the next looting unraveling na.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2017
Imagine this assnal defenders, they allowed Robben to cut in on his left and shoot, only life and death is surer than a shot from Robben's left leg scoring.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
diggz

You remember the people comparing Robben even at his current age to Hazard

Abeg help me find them

(1) (2) (3) ... (2609) (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) ... (19139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drisham(m), nihilistjnr and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.