Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10528334 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2017
ArsenalfanTV finally had their big "showdown" with Gary Neville. See as dem humble themselves in his presence. Even Troopz no fit swear again. Money good o. grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmgVPi_YQ7E

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2017
Na to sign this Dybala boy be the koko.

Boy has got some serious great technique and a good workrate too. With him on the right side of our attack and Hazard on the left, na fire be that.

Wouldn't mind paying 60milla for him, then get to cash on Willian to recoup some loss.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:09am On Feb 18, 2017
Conte:

"Tomorrow won’t be easy. Wolves beat Liverpool away and Stoke away. We must pay great attention because they showed in the recent past they have the capability to beat great teams. I hope tomorrow will be different and Chelsea will reach the next round."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:40am On Feb 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

In the other 12yrs only Ranieri had enough time and he blooded like huth and co until Mourinho booted them out

Shebi van gaal had 2yrs at man utd, in Chelsea The other part of the 12yrs
After Mourinho, Avram Grant spent 8 months left for Scolari who spent 6 months and left for Hiddink
Hiddink spent 6 months and left for Carlo

Carlo spent 2 yrs and left for Avb who spent 8 months and left for RDM who spent 8 months and left for Benitez who spent 6 months and left for Mourinho who did 2 and half years. Back to Hiddink for 6 months now to Conte

Summary the only coaches who have spent a season in the past 15yrs at Chelsea are 2 Mourinho and Carlo. If Conte finishes this season he will be the 3rd longest serving coach at Chelsea since 2004. 13yrs ago.

So if Mourinho who spent 6yrs didn't blood anyone is it coaches who spent 6 months?

But I am not blaming any of those managers. The fault lies with Roman and his lackeys. They have been the constants in those years not JM who managed Chelsea for only about 33% of the period we are talking about.
Ryan Bertrand who had some potential went on 9 loans in 9 years and over a senior eligibility period of 9 years played about 30 matches for them.
Torres your friend played week in week out despite only being as potent as Lord Varys, while young talented strikers like Lukaku and Sturridge were not given much opportunity.
What happened to Rashford is not possible with the Chelsea set up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2017
Griffon:
Na to sign this Dybala boy be the koko.

Boy has got some serious great technique and a good workrate too. With him on the right side of our attack and Hazard on the left, na fire be that.

Wouldn't mind paying 60milla for him, then get to cash on Willian to recoup some loss.
Juventus wouldn't even accept £70m. He's like their Golden Boy. Best deal would be signing Belotti..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 8:02am On Feb 18, 2017
Antonio Conte:

"I don't know about this situation because I think now it's very important to be focused on the present and not to look so far forward,"

"I think now for the players, for the people who work for Chelsea, and for me it's important to be focused on the present. At the end of the season we'll see the situation."

Asked if he was confident of keeping Costa he said: "Yes, I'm confident, but I repeat now it's important to keep the great concentration for the present.

"Tomorrow's game against Wolverhampton is the present. We must go into the next round and then, I repeat, this situation will be better to face at the end of the season."

Don't know if I'm reading too much into Conte's words, but he seems to not be eager to get the contract done asap. Maybe he has other ideas?

Btw, Here's a Video of Belotti. Enjoy guys grin grin . Belotti Fan Girl Out! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGCkHetQ1tk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:11am On Feb 18, 2017
Andrea Belotti is good, but hope he doesn't turn out to be another Ciro Immobile.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2017
^^ wow I prefer Belotti, apart from his scoring ability he dribbles and run well into positions.

Costa should please go to china. Left to me I prefer this Belotti guy taking up our major 9 next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 8:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Brestar:
Antonio Conte:

"I don't know about this situation because I think now it's very important to be focused on the present and not to look so far forward,"

"I think now for the players, for the people who work for Chelsea, and for me it's important to be focused on the present. At the end of the season we'll see the situation."

Asked if he was confident of keeping Costa he said: "Yes, I'm confident, but I repeat now it's important to keep the great concentration for the present.

"Tomorrow's game against Wolverhampton is the present. We must go into the next round and then, I repeat, this situation will be better to face at the end of the season."

Don't know if I'm reading too much into Conte's words, but he seems to not be eager to get the contract done asap. Maybe he has other ideas?

Btw, Here's a Video of Belotti. Enjoy guys grin grin . Belotti Fan Girl Out! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGCkHetQ1tk

He looks really good

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 9:58am On Feb 18, 2017
If we can't get Verratti, why not KOKE?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2017
‘When you are in a great team the target is to win, not to try to have 21 players all happy and you don’t win anything.'

- Antonio Conte

so true sir i totally agree

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Our match is what time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
Brestar:

Juventus wouldn't even accept £70m. He's like their Golden Boy. Best deal would be signing Belotti..

Well, if you must know, Italian football is on the decline, and one would be shopping there at his own risk.

After the scandal of 2006, when it was proved that some teams were involved in match-fixing, foreign investors ditched the league, leaving Italians to manage their league. That was when it all started going downhill.

Good players had to move to leagues where the money is, leaving the quality of football in Italy to decline significantly. So in order to stay competitive in Europe, Italians switched to more defensive football and enforced the famous Catenaccio. Reason Italian football seems to look slow and tactical.

The players who currently seem to be making waves there, are the ones who're benefitting from the setup; slow tempo and tactical footie. Acquiring them can be a risk because you cant really tell if they'll thrive where the tempo is fast and where individual technique is placed above collective tactical setup.

We saw that with Ciro until he joined Dortmund and spelt out his surname, Immobile. I can only hope that isn't the case with this Belotti guy.

If he were to be with Juventus, Roma or even Napoli, sides who tend to move the ball quicker in Italy, I might consider signing him, but Torino? Nah nah baby.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
WHAT A WIN FROM OUR DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
today

FULL TIME: #CFCU18 13-0 Brighton. Brown (4), Taylor-Crossdale (3), McCormick (3), Gallagher, St Clair & Dasilva net in a rout for the Blues.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
Griffon:

Well, if you must know, Italian football is on the decline, and one would be shopping there at his own risk.

After the scandal of 2006, when it was proved that some teams were involved in match-fixing, foreign investors ditched the league, leaving Italians to manage their league. That was when it all started going downhill.

Good players had to move to leagues where the money is, leaving the quality of football in Italy to decline significantly. So in order to stay competitive in Europe, Italians switched to more defensive football and enforced the famous Catenaccio. Reason Italian football seems to look slow and tactical.

The players who currently seem to be making waves there, are the ones who're benefitting from the setup; slow tempo and tactical footie. Acquiring them can be a risk because you cant really tell if they'll thrive where the tempo is fast and where individual technique is placed above collective tactical setup.

We saw that with Ciro until he joined Dortmund and spelt out his surname, Immobile. I can only hope that isn't the case with this Belotti guy.

If he were to be with Juventus, Roma or even Napoli, sides who tend to move the ball quicker in Italy, I might consider signing him, but Torino? Nah nah baby.

Are you saying that Serie A only became 'slow and tactical' after the 2006 scandal? ? ? shocked

Don't forget that for every Ciro Immobile there is a Luca Toni.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
timbros:

Are you saying that Serie A only became 'slow and tactical' after the 2006 scandal? ? ? shocked

Was Luca Toni really that great outside seria A/Italy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
hensben:
Was Luca Toni really that great outside seria A/Italy

Bundesliga top scorer (24) in his first season. Overall in his first season 39 goals and 12 assists in 46 matches for someone coming from a 'slow tempo' league, a league where Ciro spelled out his surname is definitely GREAT.

Was Zlatan ever great outside/post Serie A?

Someone here mentioned Dybala as a perfect buy for Chelsea. Remind me again where he plays?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
Wow Lincoln City.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
timbros:

Bundesliga top scorer (24) in his first season. Overall in his first season 39 goals and 12 assists in 46 matches for someone coming from a 'slow tempo' league, a league where Ciro spelled out his surname is definitely GREAT.

Someone here mentioned Dybala as a perfect buy for Chelsea. Remind me again where he plays?
How consistence was Luca Toni is the question.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
hensben:
How consistence was Luca Toni is the question.

That's not the question.

Read Griffon's comment again and see why I referenced Luca Toni in my post.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nihilist:
Wow Lincoln City.

All these teams wey dey swear say dem go spoil person points cheesy

No be this same Burnley no allow us score?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
timbros:

All these teams wey dey swear say dem go spoil person points cheesy

No be this same Burnley no allow us score?

Oboi na so we see am. Burnley just got Burnleyed grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
timbros:

Go through my post again and stop yarning anyhow.

I would have any fella from Juve, Roma or Napoli because there's a gulf difference in their style of play compared to the other teams in Italy.

This is not to mention that they are playing in Europe, thereby, exposing their players to tougher challenges. This is something you cant say about Torino and Belotti.

timbros:

I don't care how you put it, just know it that the current struggling state of Italian football can be traced back to calciopoli - the 2006 scandal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nihilist:

Oboi na so we see am. Burnley just got Burnleyed grin

grin

Lincoln smiling to the bank.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
Griffon:

Go through my post again and stop yarning anyhow.

I would have any fella from Juve, Roma or Napoli because there's a gulf difference in their style of play compared to the other teams in Italy.

This is not to mention that they are playing in Europe, thereby, exposing their players to tougher challenges. This is something you cant say about Torino and Belotti.

I don't care how you put it, just know it that the current struggling state of Italian football can be traced back to calciopoli - the 2006 scandal.

There is no other way to put it. You directly linked the Serie A slow pace to the 2006 scandal. That's very wrong and you know it. From time immemorial we know Serie A as a highly tactical and slow paced league. Even before 2006.

As a matter of fact, in the period starting from 2006 till date, Italian teams made 3 Champions League final, winning 2. Their slow paced footie have not hindered them conquering Europe.

Why should the pace of a league determine the career of a young energetic player who has all the qualities of a number 9?

Using Ciro Immobile as an example to show that Belotti will struggle outside Italy is flawed that's why I mentioned Luca Toni. Interestingly you skipped that part.

If Dybala playing for Juve is the reason why he can succeed outside Italy, was Zlatan playing for either Juve, Roma or Napoli when he left for Barca? Didn't he succeed outside Italy?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lincoln for President. Wow. Burnley got served. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Karma is a bïítch..

Burnley had 17 shots.

Lincoln had 5 shots in total and 1 on target.

Possession 61 - 39. grin grin

Lincoln were just doing Burnley to the Ball. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
Holy Christ... Burnley grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
Begović | Aké, Terry (c), Zouma | Pedro, Fàbregas, Chalobah, Moses | Hazard, Costa, Willian

Dem for allow Moses, Pedro, Hazard, Costa rest na.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
timbros:

That's not the question.

Read Griffon's comment again and see why I referenced Luca Toni in my post.
okay I will do when I got time. Busy now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
Leicester out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
City draw, going to replay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: User09 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.