Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,294 members, 7,822,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10556526 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (19187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 12:03am On Oct 03, 2013
dayokanu:

At Coles peak Alaba was better currently Alaba shytes on every thing Cole has ever done

And the combined team, I wonder who would have the liver to include even 2 chelsea players in there

That isn't true; Cole is better than Alaba.

When Cole retires, he will be mentioned alongside Maldini as one of the best leftbacks ever.

Alaba is good no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 12:21am On Oct 03, 2013
dayokanu:

When was Cashleys Peak as a defender?
What is a defensive Full back you tool?

Ever since the days of Roberto Carlos, Full backs have always been expected to have flair and attacking instinct in their repertoire
is
mention one full back of note who isnt attacking

Cole is just limited to blocking shots like Huth and Shawcross. Who wont do well if all you have to do is sit in your box and dive at attackers feet to block shots

I did not say Cole is a defensive full back u lanky slowpoke. What I said is speaking " strictly as a defensive left back", Cole has him beat. And attacking wise I don't see what Alaba is doing now that Cole could not or was doing in his pomp.

What is the primary role of a full back? Is it to attack abi nah defend. And who says Cole does not have attacking instinct?

I guess huth and co have great positional sense and are excellent man markers no be so? Plus Even if all u said is what Cole is only capable of doing, I'd still love to see Alaba do that over the duration of a match.

Abeg give me a 33 years old Cole jare. It's not only Alaba. What about taiye and kehinde KWASIA!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:32am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp:

What a load of rubbish u just typed there.
Speaking strictly as a defensive full back ,Alaba would never in this lifetime or the next match Cole.

Alaba ko Idowu ni
Alaba is only 21 and we are already including him in the conversation of the best fullbacks in Europe that should tell you something

El Guapo:

Ko easy with this ya exaggeration.

Inasmuch as i'd take Alaba ahead of Cole now, it doesnt still deny the fact that Cole has been the more defensively disciplined ninja - which is the primary requirement of a good defender.

Going Gung-ho and providing ur gaffer with plethoria of options is just a bonus for the team, at the end of the day, u'd have to account for ya defensive records.

Alaba has squared up against a big threat once and came out smoking - against Ronaldo last three seasons. You'd certainly lose count of ninjas Cole made look ordinary - Messi is one, Robben is another.

Shey no be thisame Alaba Oga Schurrle wan kee for UEFA Super Cup ni? cheesy
I also remember a Cristiano Ronaldo who was still a teenie bopper r@ping and violating Ashley Cole
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:36am On Oct 03, 2013
El Guapo:

You dont see us crashing out, do you? cheesy
Like I said before if you lose either game to Schalke and Basel win both matches vs Bucharest this is a very real possibility

Katsumoto:

When Cole retires, he will be mentioned alongside Maldini as one of the best leftbacks ever.

Alaba is good no doubt.
Alongside Maldini bawo? You guys need to chill! He is good but not that good

chic2pimp:

I did not say Cole is a defensive full back u lanky slowpoke. What I said is speaking " strictly as a defensive left back", Cole has him beat. And attacking wise I don't see what Alaba is doing now that Cole could not or was doing in his pomp.

What is the primary role of a full back? Is it to attack abi nah defend. And who says Cole does not have attacking instinct?

I guess huth and co have great positional sense and are excellent man markers no be so? Plus Even if all u said is what Cole is only capable of doing, I'd still love to see Alaba do that over the duration of a match.

Abeg give me a 33 years old Cole jare. It's not only Alaba. What about taiye and kehinde KWASIA!!!
Attack-wise David Alaba shytes on Ashley Cole at his prime and he is only 21!! This is not even up for debate! Ashley Cole was not scoring free-kicks or making deep runs in the UCL at 21

Ashley Cole was not in elite LB discussion at 21 abeg specie get level if you are going to argue defensively then that's admissible but age is on Alaba's side to fine tune that part of his game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:47am On Oct 03, 2013
dayokanu:
Were they not wet behind the ears in England when they won the League?

and who would city fear by winning their domestic league? did you not see the jitters they had on the last day of that season? they were being beaten at home by a 10-man QPR side.

Was Napoli not new in Europe when they made the knockout at first attempt?

that's the same napoli that won a european cup in 89 being compared to city that had virtually no history in europe.

What was the age and How much European experience did the likes of Gundogan- Bender, Hummels have when they reached last yrs final

a mental block has nothing to do with age, you stark illiterate. it's a collective problem of the squad & the management.

How come Jose Mourinho Madrid couldnt sodomise this Man City the way Bayern and Dortmund did in 3 consecutive seasons

city beat bayern few seasons ago & mourinho's team beat city. are you in a parallel universe?

Bring out the stats vs Chelsea and see how Chelsea fared when they played Bayern despite playing the type of football Stoke City would even be ashamed of

stoke football & a 10-man chelsea got a second goal before your team did? you are a disgrace to football punditry. what's the essence of stats when you had the numerical advantage? only a fool like you would expect the true representation of chelsea's strength when you played against 10 men for more than 30 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 12:48am On Oct 03, 2013
A-40:

Alaba is only 21 and we are already including him in the conversation of the best fullbacks in Europe that should tell you something

I also remember a Cristiano Ronaldo who was still a teenie bopper r@ping and violating Ashley Cole

Never said Alaba is not a good player. Was simply just correcting dayo's exaggerated sentence.

I also remember Cole putting Ronaldo in his pocket during their clash in Euro 2004

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:50am On Oct 03, 2013
GustavoFring:

We all had this debate a few weeks back where a couple of people including Mr Coogar and Nitlad picked current form A.Cole over the young Austrian.

If only we all knew what lay ahead...Judging by today's footy, it seems like the entire Bayern Squad would bench our first eleven bar maybe Mata,Cech,and Ivanovic undecided
Bayern and Chelsea Starting XI would be 9-2 in favor of Bayern there's no need to overflog this argument
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 12:51am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp:

Never said Alaba is not a good player. Was simply just correcting dayo's exaggerated sentence.

I also remember Cole putting Ronaldo in his pocket during their clash in Euro 2004

Cole has always put Ronaldo in his back pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:52am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp:

Please remind us how old was Ronaldo?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:52am On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

Alaba is good no doubt.

ashley cole's cuticle is better than alaba. the only defender of quality in the bayern setup is phillip lahm. the others are just mere passengers that are being carried along by the creativity in front of them(midfield & attack).

saying alaba is better than cole is like saying valdes is better than casillas. alaba adds nothing to that bayern side. if he gets sold tonight, he won't be missed one jot. i would even take clichy, cashley, enriquez before alaba.

Katsumoto:

euro 2004 & the 2006 world cup was a testament to this. cole had cristiano's number back in those days.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 12:55am On Oct 03, 2013
A-40:

Alongside Maldini bawo? You guys need to chill! He is good but not that good

Attack-wise David Alaba shytes on Ashley Cole at his prime and he is only 21!! This is not even up for debate! Ashley Cole was not scoring free-kicks or making deep runs in the UCL at 21

Ashley Cole was not in elite LB discussion at 21 abeg specie get level if you are going to argue defensively then that's admissible but age is on Alaba's side to fine tune that part of his game

I am no Chelsea fan but Ashley Cole is ahead of Alaba any day. Ashley Cole has been England's number one left back for 12 years, that is no small accomplishment. Defensively and offensively, Cole is a more complete left-back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 12:57am On Oct 03, 2013
coogar:

ashley cole's cuticle is better than alaba. the only defender of quality in the bayern setup is phillip lahm. the others are just mere passengers that are being carried along by the creativity in front of them(midfield & attack).

saying alaba is better than cole is like saying valdes is better than casillas. alaba adds nothing to that bayern side. if he gets sold tonight, he won't be missed one jot. i would even take clichy, cashley, enriquez before alaba.

euro 2004 & the 2006 world cup was a testament to this. cole had cristiano's number back in those days.

I remember Ronaldo changing wings in both games. grin grin grin grin grin

In fact Ronaldo left the Premiership because of Cole. grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 12:57am On Oct 03, 2013
El Guapo: Ko easy with this ya exaggeration.

Inasmuch as i'd take Alaba ahead of Cole now, it doesnt still deny the fact that Cole has been the more defensively disciplined ninja - which is the primary requirement of a good defender.

Going Gung-ho and providing ur gaffer with plethoria of options is just a bonus for the team, at the end of the day, u'd have to account for ya defensive records.

Alaba has squared up against a big threat once and came out smoking - against Ronaldo last three seasons. You'd certainly lose count of ninjas Cole made look ordinary - Messi is one, Robben is another.

Shey no be thisame Alaba Oga Schurrle wan kee for UEFA Super Cup ni? cheesy

Full backs are expected to be attacking. Mention one full back who isnt attacking.

Alaba played vs Barca last yr vs Madrid 2yrs ago and was stellar he has rapped everyone put on him

And Cole is a terrible Full Back not even top 5. No one reckons with a full back who is useless on the overlap
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 12:58am On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

Alaba is good no doubt.

Katsumoto this is not First republic politics jare. Cole and Maldni for where? More like Cole and Ifeanyi Udeze
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 12:59am On Oct 03, 2013
A-40:

I still insist there's nothing Alaba can do that Cole can't. I'm pretty sure given the opportunity he can also take free kicks too. Making deep runs is a team effort not an individual one. Simply put, this bayern team is better than any other team Cole has played for.

Highly doubt he'll ever reach Cole's defensive capabilities though I'd gladly take back my statement if I am proven wrong
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:01am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp:

When was this Coles pomp? Cole has always been a disgrace as a Full back whether getting molested at the world cup quarters or by Teenage Ronaldo

Mention one world class full back who only just defend like Cashley No talent Cole.

Before Alaba moves forward he would have already silenced his right winger and rendered them useless
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:02am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp:

I still insist there's nothing Alaba can do that Cole can't. I'm pretty sure given the opportunity he can also take free kicks too. Making deep runs is a team effort not an individual one. Simply put, this bayern team is better than any other team Cole has played for.

Highly doubt he'll ever reach Cole's defensive capabilities though I'd gladly take back my statement if I am proven wrong

Show me any instance where Cole has made this type of pass in his whole career

[img]http://static.dyp.im/8c5lHGkLUN/b473edbf7b1001684305e38d38f4082a.gif[/img]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 1:03am On Oct 03, 2013
dayokanu:

Katsumoto this is not First republic politics jare. Cole and Maldni for where? More like Cole and Ifeanyi Udeze

Hahahahahaha

Don't be fooled DK, I will school you in any sport.

I don't really like this section because subjective analysis too much. But if you guys want to use facts; I am in.

I will do to you what I do to those loudmouths in the Politics section.

Cole that has been England left back for 12 years. No player of colour has played that long for England, consistently.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:05am On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

Hahahahahaha

Don't be fooled DK, I will school you in any sport.

I don't really like this section because subjective analysis too much. But if you guys want to use facts; I am in.

I will do to you what I do to those loudmouths in the Politics section.

Cole that has been England left back for 12 years. No player of colour has played that long for England, consistently.

Being Englands best Left back means zilch since England is a joke to start with

Didnt you see how Englands best Keeper was disgraced less than 4hrs ago?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 1:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

Pretty much really.

A-40:

Please remind us how old was Ronaldo?

Quite young. I happily admit. That still did not stop him from molesting other full backs.

Katsumoto:
. Defensively and offensively, Cole is a more complete left-back.

EOD!!!....... Could not have put it any better

coogar:

saying alaba is better than cole is like saying valdes is better than casillas. alaba adds nothing to that bayern side.

Just going to say I would have understood if it was Lahm being compared but Alaba? Mba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:10am On Oct 03, 2013
coogar:

and who would city fear by winning their domestic league? did you not see the jitters they had on the last day of that season? they were being beaten at home by a 10-man QPR side. .

They played a league where the main challenger has won 19 times is that not enough to fear? Yet they won the league

that's the same napoli that won a european cup in 89 being compared to city that had virtually no history in europe.

City Also won in Europe in 1970 So they have a similar history to Napoli in Europe

a mental block has nothing to do with age, you stark illiterate. it's a collective problem of the squad & the management.

What useless mental block when you have seasoned professionals and experienced players like Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, Silva, Yaya and Kompany these same players some toads call EPL best

city beat bayern few seasons ago & mourinho's team beat city. are you in a parallel universe?

City beat Bayern in an inconsequential game when everyone had already qualified when it mattered just like today bayern sodomised them without condoms

stoke football & a 10-man chelsea got a second goal before your team did? you are a disgrace to football punditry. what's the essence of stats when you had the numerical advantage? only a fool like you would expect the true representation of chelsea's strength when you played against 10 men for more than 30 minutes

Before the man advantage Bayern already bossed Chelsea in every department of the game and if not for some shameful cattenaccio one of the worst ever seen in European football they would have been spelt
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:14am On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

This same Cole Ronaldo turned into a cripple

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:14am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp:

"Ashley Cole can take freekicks if given the opportunity" I'm sure Per Mertesacker can also take and score freekicks if given the opportunity

I repeat offensively Alaba shytes on Cole! Defensively is the only trump card Cole holds and there is every possibility that would vanish as Alaba matures

It says a lot about Alaba's ability to be a key member of this team at such a young age
nitlad:

Correct.

They can't hold their own against the elites, and 1 million Yaya Toures cannot buck the ugly trend.

It irks me this much cos they made Bayansh look like say nor be dem ordinary Arsenal decimate in Germany.

nitlad: It shall not be well with any baggah that comes here to uphold this Man Shitty's midfield as a model again!

How many times they've been run around with rings this season already?
Abeg abeg abeg! As Burna Boy go talk. I can sense some traces of Afaraweism here don't get it twisted you can count on one hand the teams that would do what Bayern did tonight in all of Europe! just because we made it look easy doesn't mean it was!
Don't try this at home results may vary

Cos if I recall correctly this same Man City destroyed Chelsea home,away and on neutral ground last season this Yaya Toure you are dissing always r@pes yall without prophylactics
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:19am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp: Never said Alaba is not a good player. Was simply just correcting dayo's exaggerated sentence.

You definitely werent watching the games

Ronaldo plays mostly on the left for Portugal especially in times when Figo owned the Right Wing and lately Nani

Chico you are a football neophyte
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:22am On Oct 03, 2013
coogar:

In the last 7 European games today is the first time Bayern is conceding any goal from open play

Show me anytime in Coles 13yr career that he has ever made this type of assist before

[img]http://static.dyp.im/8c5lHGkLUN/b473edbf7b1001684305e38d38f4082a.gif[/img]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 1:24am On Oct 03, 2013
dayokanu:

You definitely werent watching the games

Ronaldo plays mostly on the left for Portugal especially in times when Figo owned the Right Wing and lately Nani

Chico you are a football neophyte

I'm pretty sure you were watching mojo when that game was on. If not u would have noticed Figo and Ronaldo kept switching wings during the course of the match. Infact if im not mistsken scolari had to move Ronaldo to the left to stop the mismatch.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:24am On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

I am no Chelsea fan but Ashley Cole is ahead of Alaba any day. Ashley Cole has been England's number one left back for 12 years, that is no small accomplishment. Defensively and offensively, Cole is a more complete left-back.

Being Englands number 1 means nothing just like Saying Someone has been Swedens best Right Back or Czechs best left winger for 12 yrs

Cole is as useless as Efe Sodje going forward The only thing he does well is desperately lunging to make last ditch tackles

The skill Alaba has in his Right toe, Cole doesnt have in his Family tree
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:24am On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

Being number 1 in England at anything hardly says much! The mediocrity cuts across almost all sports! Football,Tennis,Boxing,Motorsport the list is ad nauseum

This is a national team yet to make the semis of any major tourney in 23 years

chic2pimp:

Quite young. I happily admit. That still did not stop him from molesting other full backs.
He was 19 he gets no points for that bruh

chic2pimp:

Just going to say I would have understood if it was Lahm being compared but Alaba? Mba
Lahm and Ashley Cole? Who is crazy enough to make that comparison? Lahm is like Drew Brees Cole is Phillip Rivers or Tony Romo at best
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:26am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp: Just going to say I would have understood if it was Lahm being compared but Alaba? Mba

Lahm compared to Cole? In which planet? Lol Coles mom wouldnt even dare make such insane comparison
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 1:33am On Oct 03, 2013
dayokanu:

Lahm compared to Cole? In which planet? Lol Coles mom wouldnt even dare make such insane comparison

A-40:

Being number 1 in England at anything hardly says much! The mediocrity cuts across almost all sports! Football,Tennis,Boxing,Motorsport the list is ad nauseum

This is a national team yet to make the semis of any major tourney in 23 years

He was 19 he gets no points for that bruh

Lahm and Ashley Cole? Who is crazy enough to make that comparison? Lahm is like Drew Brees Cole is Phillip Rivers or Tony Romo at best

What makes Lahm that much of a better if he is indeed the better full back?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:40am On Oct 03, 2013
chic2pimp: What makes Lahm that much of a better if he is indeed the better full back?

There has been 5 International competition since Lahm started playing for the NT, He has made team of the tournament 4 times

Tell us how many times Cole has done that all his career
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:48am On Oct 03, 2013
What are these niggas talking about sef? Ashley Cole? Theo Walcott's b!tch?? Abeg make una talk another thing

dayokanu:

There has been 5 International competition since Lahm started playing for the NT, He has made team of the tournament 4 times

Tell us how many times Cole has done that all his career
No mind am! He think say na Girls Aloud be the argument

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (19187) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: favoured247(m), kad199 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.