Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,451 members, 7,853,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10706514 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4219) (4220) (4221) (4222) (4223) (4224) (4225) ... (19365) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2017
elrony:

Lol... No level sha grin cheesy

You suppose don book one goat down 4 xmas, I need sama better chaw when I land cheesy

Lol.....Na cow I go kee self cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
diggz:

Lol.....Na cow I go kee self cheesy cheesy

E don be!!! grin cheesygrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Should Chelsea just stick with Batshuayi? Get midfielders instead and better AM options.

Yes I do. I think splashing on an extra striker will create more problems than solutions, without necessarily increasing goal-scoring stats. We need more solid/dynamic midfield options, one more dynamic winger and like you said, better AM options.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2017
Nihilist:

How many big chances does Man City create overall?
How many big chances does Chelsea create overall?

Salient questions should always be asked when flaunting stats up and down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
TOP FIVE GOALKEEPER IN THE WORLD

1 Manuel Neuer
2 Gianluigi Buffon
3 Thibaut Courtois
4 Hugo Lloris
5 Jan Oblak

Manuel Neuer finishing top of the pile isn't THAT surprising, but the Germany captain has been sidelined for most of this season with a broken foot, making just four appearances for Bayern Munich. Gianluigi Buffon, who recently emotionally called time on his international career, follows behind in second, with Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois, Tottenham captain Hugo Lloris and Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak rounding out the top five in third, fourth and fifth places respectively.

Hmmmm, where is David de Goliath?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
diggz:
Barkley again angry That guy is worse than Chamberlain. Instead of buying a player like Barkley make we no kukuma buy at all. We still have yoko and water to worry about.....we definitely don't need to add Barkley to that list not when willian and pedro are still in the team.
undecided Chamberlain is a winger, he didn't even play regularly when he was in Arsenal.

Barkley is a midfielder, I don't get how Barkley is worse than ox, it's not they play the same position.

Is it the same Ross Barkley that's played the last 3 seasons in Everton (that's probably gonna be cheap and available this January and add as a squad player). Barkley is not a winger, why are you mentioning Willian, Pedro when the point of him joining is probably to play Fabregas's role incase of injury or fatigue.

I would prefer Goretzka but since there isn't a cheaper option, when Chelsea has already spent 75m, and still need a CM. Am not even sure how much space for foreign players is left.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
airmark:

Salient questions should always be asked when flaunting stats up and down.

They sure should. However, missing chances has so far not been a problem for us this season. Correct me if I am wrong.
I don't remember being behind City because of missed big scoring chances. When did this become a problem to lament about?

As far as I am concerned, the misses yesterday should be considered as exactly what they are - a singular event that needs no escalation at this moment in time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
MorataFC:

1 Manuel Neuer
2 Gianluigi Buffon
3 Thibaut Courtois
4 Hugo Lloris
5 Jan Oblak

Manuel Neuer finishing top of the pile isn't THAT surprising, but the Germany captain has been sidelined for most of this season with a broken foot, making just four appearances for Bayern Munich. Gianluigi Buffon, who recently emotionally called time on his international career, follows behind in second, with Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois, Tottenham captain Hugo Lloris and Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak rounding out the top five in third, fourth and fifth places respectively.

Do you just want those maggots to come in here?

Besides what happened to number 6 - 10?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
mbappe is like brazillian ronaldo,the guy is the real deal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
nateevs:

They sure should. However, missing chances has so far not been a problem for us this season. Correct me if I am wrong.
I don't remember being behind City because of missed big scoring chances. When did this become a problem to lament about?

As far as I am concerned, the misses yesterday should be considered as exactly what they are - a singular event that needs no escalation at this moment in time.

Actually,I think there's a lot of sense in what Airmark is saying

Mancity have created 63 Big Chances in Total this season

Chelsea have created 33 in the same time period.

If City are creating around double the chances we create, then surely our main striker has to be more clinical in front of goal, if we are to try and keep pace with them?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2017
nateevs:

Against Liverpool, morata missed what could have helped to secure three points instead of one.

We won't see big deal in the misses, because atm had already fumbled against qarabag. In the knockout stage, that's where big misses would prove fatal and we will start praising the keepers that saved our weak attempts on goal or shift blame to non-living things.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2017
MorataFC:

1 Manuel Neuer
2 Gianluigi Buffon
3 Thibaut Courtois
4 Hugo Lloris
5 Jan Oblak

why you like wahala like this.
If those lunatics come and attack you people will think they have started so trophy less lloris and oblak are better than DDG. Provide link to back up your claim

No navas sef,it's obvious you need attention
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2017
I dont even think anyone is here to bash morata.....I am yet to see a single post to that effect since yesterday.

I also do not think it is out of place to point out what should be obvious about what went down yesterday.

No be everything be about bashing morata afterall even if we bash him from now till next year...it is not like anyone here can do a single thing about it.

All man with him own opinion sha..... undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
Nihilist:

Actually,I think there's a lot of sense in what Airmark is saying

Mancity have created 63 Big Chances in Total this season

Chelsea have created 33 in the same time period.

If City are creating around double the chances we create, then surely our main striker has to be more clinical in front of goal, if we are to try and keep pace with them?

No he doesn't. Because it is only partial acknowledgement of the actual facts. If anything, the numbers posted above show that Morata is doing actually, fantastically well, matching the output of City's top strikers in as many games but with only half the chances created.

This is the fact!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
bigkesh:
Ramdueter.
Is Griezmann still better than Hazard?

Hasnt this been resolved that Griezmann is way better than Hazard. WHen will Hazard carry his team to the CL final like Griezman
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
nateevs:

No it doesn't. Because it is only partial acknowledgement of the actual facts. If anything the numbers posted above show that Morata is doing actually, fantastically well, matching the output of City's top strikers in as many games but with only half the chances created.

This is the fact!

Matching the man city strikers isn't enough though if the volume of chance creation is not the same

Look at it this way.

Aguero has converted 8 big chances for City this season

Gabriel Jesus has also converted 8 big chances

Morata has converted 7

On the face of It, Morata can be said to be matching the output of the each of the city strikers, but here's the kicker.

City have converted 16 of their big chances through Aguero and Jesus alone

Chelsea have only converted 7 through Morata.

So not only are City creating more chances, their combined strikeforce is scoring more goals.

We create half as many chances as City, and their strikers combined have scored twice as many goals as our only striker.

It's not a stretch to conclude that Morata has to up his efficiency in front of goal. It's not enough to match strikers who see double the big chances you do and can afford to be a little profligate.

You have to maximise the opportunities that come your way because they are fewer and less frequent than the competition gets.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
our biggiest issue is not morata or our finishes our bigiest issues are our midfield issues,we need a midfielder in january or we are bleeped
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
nateevs:

It will be interesting to see CCC figures for top number 9s across Europe and evaluate to see if any of them converts more than they miss.
Genuine request. Not trying to stir controversy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6355401_img20171203195343_jpeg0799527170cf4738135247218034d4fb
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
airmark:

Exactly. We are not real madrid, the wastefulness in front of goal recently, is alarming.

Imagine if atm had won home and away against qarabag, apari dayo would have come to say, didn't he ask us to beg costa?

Maybe if Hidden Hazard has scored some goals too it would have been different
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
sod09:
why you like wahala like this.
If those lunatics come and attack you people will think they have started so trophy less lloris and oblak are better than DDG. Provide link to back up your claim

No navas sef,it's obvious you need attention

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-the-best-goalkeeper-in-the-world-has-been-voted-for-20171205.amp.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
diggz:

When our version of ronaldo is pedro and fvcking willian sad we actually need him not to do a benzema whenever he gets a chance to score please.

What happened to Hazard? Isnt he supposed to be on Ronaldo level abi you are telling us indirectly that Hazard and Gross + Richarlison dey the same level
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
BlueAngel444:

Every problem a player has isn't solved by loan or by the player running away.

If it's by loan then Krychokey would be a star performer.

airmark this mail is singing your name
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Talking about CM and you're naming Muller

All because you want to hide your fallacy, your hyping Rudy and making a silly claim, so who should play RB for Bayern? undecided

OK, lets assume Muller takes the AM position.

That leaves 2 CMs. Now tell me how Bakayoko will get into a midfield 2 that contains Thiago, Vidal, Rudy, Martinez and Kimmich.

Bayern will rather play Rafinha at RB and move Kimmich back to midfield than give one minute of action to a midfielder that nutmegs himself and fall on his nyash while trying to trap a simple ball.

There is a reason some of us called him amateur footballer, and that is because even some Nairalanders on this thread have better basic technique than him.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
raumdeuter:

What happened to Hazard? Isnt he supposed to be on Ronaldo level abi you are telling us indirectly that Hazard and Gross + Richarlison dey the same level

Lol....he obviously doesn't score as much as ronaldo oga....are you trying to be mischievous here? angry cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
atheist5:
our biggiest issue is not morata or our finishes our bigiest issues are our midfield issues,we need a midfielder in january or we are bleeped

When you play a 'door bolt', your attack must take most of the chances.

You should understand what conte wanted to do especially in Europe against the top guns. Block the channels, hit them on counter and grind out results.

You could easily tell by his body language each time we missed a big scoring chance. I still believe drinkwater would be useful as he recovers fully, finishing is essential in winning trophies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
lordfalcao:
the same way belotti was missing chances in the euro that he cost them qualifying and was dropped in the second leg?

You dey mind the dundee united

If Belloti had scored this sitter, or even hit target maybe Italy wont be missing a world cup for the first time in half a century

Shebi keeper saved Moratas chance, Without a keeper this sitter served for Belloti still wont score

Chelsea qualified for the next round, Belloti crashed Italy out of the world cup

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Rudy is world class abi!? undecided.
Thiago is injured, Vidal probably isn't in form and that's all their CM options.
P.S DON'T BE A TROLL

Javi Martinez, James, Vidal were all fit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2017
cstr1000:
Abeg Belotti is a better goal scorer.

Put Belotti in this Chelsea team and you would have a goal scoring monster.

Like this

Please where is Bellotis team currently both club and country? How many league goals does belloti have this season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
Nihilist:

Matching the man city strikers isn't enough though if the volume of chance creation is not the same

Look at it this way.

Aguero has converted 8 big chances for City this season

Gabriel Jesus has also converted 8 big chances

Morata has converted 7

On the face of It, Morata can be said to be matching the output of the each of the city strikers, but here's the kicker.

City have converted 16 of their big chances through Aguero and Jesus alone

Chelsea have only converted 7 through Morata.

So not only are City creating more chances, their combined strikeforce is scoring more goals.

We create half as many chances as City, and their strikers combined have scored twice as many goals as our only striker.

It's not a stretch to conclude that Morata has to up his efficiency in front of goal. It's not enough to match strikers who see double the big chances you do and can afford to be a little profligate.

You have to maximise the opportunities that come your way because they are fewer and less frequent than the competition gets.

What you are explaining here is a strategic/tactical/technical problem and not a Morata problem. City converted 16 of their big chances through two prolific strikers. Remove Jesus and replace him with Willian and there is no point to make. It will be Aguero on 8 (hypothetically) and Morata on 7. But with only half the chances created. That's the fact.

Could Morata score more goals? Of course, everyone can. If he did though, he would be the best striker in the world by a mile, going by numbers and CCC rate. The fact that we are talking in this vein emphasizes my point. He is doing seriously well.

So there is no problem at this moment in time. At least not a Morata one. What we need, is to find our own Jesus and then covert more chances. And not saddle Morata solely, with the responsibility of converting more chances.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2017
BlueAngel444:
If that's what you call Morata, what would you call Cavani, Huigan, Suarez according to you wasteful.
Don't mention the goals they have and leave out their misses.

Tell him to mention any other striker and go check their conversion rate. Shey na Suarez he wan talk or Higuain

airmark is a complete fool, I am a Bayern fan and I see the chances Lewandoski misses every game Its not less than Moratas same with every striker

Aguero in 2 months has only scored penalties in the league, Remove penalties Aguero hasnt scored since late September but the foolish airmark wont let us hear word once Morata misses a chance like every other striker

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
bigkesh:
How do we tell these ones that missing chances is part of being a goal scorer.

See Lewy and Auba

When I tell you airmark is clinically retarrded you think I am dissing him, Give him a challenge to give you 5 strikers with better conversion rates
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:46pm On Dec 06, 2017
airmark:

Cavanis wastefulness is one of the reasons ucl has been eluding psg. Psg had to buy neymar and added mbape, to help out with goals.

Higuain chokes when expected to turn up. Suarez at his peak years back, was miles away better than the two of them and morata combined.

If you think conte won't be concerned about the constant big misses, you must be deceiving yourself. The way Chelsea is playing, morata needs to stop missing big chances. There's a difference between missing a chance and missing big chances consistently. We will soon meet top teams and get punished, if the rubbish persists.

The emboldened is a supreme stupidity, sorry to say that. I need not to explain why.

In your royal foolishness can you explain the below images

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6367958_screenshot20171206093626_jpega03c5020bcc816b62a8d163cb98f7c37

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6367960_screenshot20171206093719_jpeg46f4044fb7c7c4f3403f8f369c630227

(1) (2) (3) ... (4219) (4220) (4221) (4222) (4223) (4224) (4225) ... (19365) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Iyasele24(m), cephasdultimate and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.