Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,771 members, 7,866,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10757466 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) (4420) (4421) (4422) ... (19436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
Swissh:

Vidal is perfectly suited to the premier league hustle and bustle.
2 to 3 yrs of a world class player like Vidal for less than 50million in this market. won't you call that. a steal.

2 years for £50m plus £20m in wages?

I hardly call that a steal. If teams are signing younger players for certain amount, those are players with resale value, not burning £70m on a 2 year project.

Roman is only worth £7bln you know? Una want carry £1bln on top 11 players only.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
Swissh:

Vidal is perfectly suited to the premier league hustle and bustle.
2 to 3 yrs of a world class player like Vidal for less than 50million in this market. won't you call that. a steal.
he will be turn 31 this year, shebi Chelsea has a policy against such. except he's for free or below 30m and his salary is easily affordable.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
MoR2:
he will be turn 31 this year, shebi Chelsea has a policy against such. except he's for free or below 30m and his salary is easily affordable.
Most of Chelsea buy at old age has been fantastic. Makelele, ballack and even Drogba(27) where good business. Vidal will be an upgrade in the Midfield. Conte wants him I think.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ibime:

2 years for £50m plus £20m in wages?

I hardly call that a steal. If teams are signing younger players for certain amount, those are players with resale value, not burning £70m on a 2 year project.

Roman is only worth £7bln you know? Una want carry £1bln on top 11 players only.
And how many potential players have floped and sold for lesser value. Depay,renato Sanchez, etc. Are you saying Vidal won't upgrade the midfield or is a bad business because of his age .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
Swissh:

And how many potential players have floped and sold for lesser value. Depay,renato Sanchez, etc. Are you saying Vidal won't upgrade the midfield or is a bad business because of his age .

He is bad business because of his age and style of play which relies heavily on youthful energy.

I could not believe when someone advised us to spend £50m on Bonucci last summer for the very reasons you are expressing now. At that age, a player could go on summer holidays as a top player and return as a wastepipe.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ibime:

He is bad business because of his age and style of play which relies heavily on youthful energy.

I could not believe when someone advised us to spend £50m on Bonucci last summer for the very reasons you are expressing now. At that age, a player could go on summer holidays as a top player and return as a wastepipe.
Form is temporary, class is permanent . Ac Milan thought pirlo was finished and sold him for peanuts to juventus. He reinvented himself at juve and continued at the highest level till 35. yes Vidal is a bargain but a world class one. maybe he can reinvent himself like pirlo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
Swissh:

Form is temporary, class is permanent . Ac Milan thought pirlo was finished and sold him for peanuts to juventus. He reinvented himself at juve and continued at the highest level till 35. yes Vidal is a bargain but a world class one. maybe he can reinvent himself like pirlo.

Key word is " youthful energy "not class ..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ibime:

airmark cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
Swissh:

Pirlo does not rely on energy. Such players can reinvent themselves as they get older. Vidal does not have much apart from energy. He is not far from Gattuso.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
MoR2:
airmark cheesy

That one is for his own pocket. We've had great defenders that played better in their 30s than in their 20s. I don't need to list them, google will help.

Demands from cbs are not the same as for midfielders.

No time for unnecessary back and forth, it's January.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
airmark:

That one is for his own pocket. We've had great defenders that played better in their 30s than in their 20s. I don't need to list them, google will help.

No time for unnecessary back and forth, it's January

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
airmark:

No time for unnecessary back and forth, it's January.

But dayo said, any player that is above 30 is finished, and that was the reason pep didnt do wel last season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
CapitalCee:

But dayo said, any player that is above 30 is finished, and that was the reason pep didnt do wel last season

He has made new year resolutions, part of which is, to reduce his irresponsible posts.

There are some roles on the pitch, old age will reduce your efficiency. However, goalkeepers and cbs are not majorly affected by this. If you are great and disciplined, hungry for more success, you can still play at your best in your early 30s.

Van der sar joined united not as a teen.
Stam was only nominated for world XI when he was 33.
Maldini, ramos, nesta delivered performances most cbs couldn't in their 30s.
Dani alves was awesome last season at what age?.
Ibrahimovic, between 30 and 33, was great.
Zidane had the energy to boss his last world cup and still had more to ram his head into an opponent, at 34.
Maldini was the best player at 35, in a ucl final. In fact, his greatness was more felt, in his 30s.

Dayo was a disgrace last year, I can see a brand new dayo, with a lot of sensible stuffs this year.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
For those saying that every player will want to play for Pep before any other manager. Have it.

Arturo Vidal: "I have said if I go to war I would take Conte with me. We will see what happens." #CFC (Mail)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
MoR2:
Hazard better kdb cheesy someone would not like this

Fans that followed Belgium last year, won't be surprised.

Debruyne needs to up his game for Belgium.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
airmark:

Fans that followed Belgium last year, won't be surprised.

Debruyne needs to up his game for Belgium.

pooling booth award. no be me talk am o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
diggz:

Azzzzzin.... crystal palace carry better edddiots for that team.... ball he can't play....oya wound player na....Na lie! He would himself instead cheesy
see as you go on hunger strike thinking you fasting grin grin
I knew the nigger ain't going down easily, I still have him in my fpl
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
airmark:

He has made new year resolutions, part of which is, to reduce his irresponsible posts.

There are some roles on the pitch, old age will reduce your efficiency. However, goalkeepers and cbs are not majorly affected by this. If you are great and disciplined, hungry for more success, you can still play at your best in your early 30s.

Van der sar joined united not as a teen.
Stam was only nominated for world XI when he was 33.
Maldini, ramos, nesta delivered performances most cbs couldn't in their 30s.
Dani alves was awesome last season at what age?.
Ibrahimovic, between 30 and 33, was great.
Zidane had the energy to boss his last world cup and still had more to ram his head into an opponent, at 34.
Maldini was the best player at 35, in a ucl final. In fact, his greatness was more felt, in his 30s.

Dayo was a disgrace last year, I can see a brand new dayo, with a lot of sensible stuffs this year.

add giggs,scholes that came outta retirement
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2018
MoR2:
Hazard better kdb cheesy someone would not like this
why is hazard vs debruyne even an.issue,it reminds me of platini vs maradona in the mid-80s scudetto,different players, but one out of those pair is a bigger bomb on his day,hazard is el bomber,9 out of 10 I will still pick him over debruyne,but he has a stupid mentality though

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
Chaiiiii.....tap in from sterling
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by stinkmeaner: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
Sterling again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2018
City dey vex o grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2018
Why dis useless kdb no go on 3monfhs leave na? Hope watford can help us out tonight ...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
diggz:
Why dis useless kdb no go on 3monfhs leave na? Hope watford can help us out tonight ...
Lol

On the contrary, I want City to remain 14 points in the lead and win the league. Chelsea should then win the UCL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Heywhizzy(m): 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
Please which channel and app can I use in streaming man city Vs Watford
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
PDPGuy:

Lol

On the contrary, I want City to remain 14 points in the lead and win the league. Chelsea should then win the UCL.
Huh??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by postdigger(m): 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
Dayo waiting for westbrom to lose or draw so he could begin the krychokwak agenda

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
Mscheeeew.... phooolish team...like say dem no see palace game angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
PDPGuy:

Lol

Well....I don't want too much gap even if they are going to win...before dayo will turn here into his permanent site...

(1) (2) (3) ... (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) (4420) (4421) (4422) ... (19436) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SCOOPERJEF(m), afrodoc2, hensben(m), cephasdultimate and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.