Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,381 members, 7,846,618 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10668350 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4539) (4540) (4541) (4542) (4543) (4544) (4545) ... (19316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2018
Nihilist:

Alonso has been a problem this season?
Yes,Our dead wing play is also also affecting us.......You even said his place need an upgrade.........He is not Chelsea quality, just a squad player at best.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 9:57am On Jan 15, 2018
diggz:

Moses!!!! Not Alonzo bros.
really,so why are fans clamouring for Sandro?,Alonso has an eye for goal so that covers his actual performance,he alongside his co-wingack are not good enough,lack of speed a major factor
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2018
MoR2:
don't think conte would change that his formation

but for just return to 343 but with cesar playing rwb.

you get wetin i dey talk, as per use rudiger, chris, cahill. then cesar, kante, drinks/fab, alonso. pedro, morata and hazard

bakayoko can play last 15mins so kante can play all the games.

for me o, returning to a back 4 for make sense. seeing as english teams don abandon conte free the 3 at the back formation.

5years of defensive minded managers, chelsea they try o
I just tire,conte is frustrating me,the 5 defenders are useless at this point,conte is too rigid,gosh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 10:00am On Jan 15, 2018
diggz:

I am surprised aswear.
Na here we go they when messi and co dey target his place........He always try his best tho,but we need a quality lwb that can cross
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:24am On Jan 15, 2018
atheist5:
really,so why are fans clamouring for Sandro?,Alonso has an eye for goal so that covers his actual performance,he alongside his co-wingack are not good enough,lack of speed a major factor

Just because we have been clamouring for an upgrade on him shouldn't take away the fact that he has been solid for us. With all the negative things about his game and limited talent he has done extremely well....Unlike moses who has been both shitty going forward or defending this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:26am On Jan 15, 2018
MoR2:
grin for the opponents

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmGee: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2018
raumdeuter:
Oxlade Chamberlain saw space and took a shot

If na Hazard he will stop so that all the defenders will recover then start again to increase his take-on stats
that one na player?.

I've been hearing about him coming to madrid.
i hope he stays and keep giving chelsea what they think is superb
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2018
Dongorgon5:
Na here we go they when messi and co dey target his place........He always try his best tho,but we need a quality lwb that can cross

Can you point to a single player Messi can't make look like a complete ediot on a good day?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:12am On Jan 15, 2018
Nihilist:

The liverpool midfield that would 'walk into our team' include Oxlade, Wijnaldum and Can

If i bring out comments from this thread about each of those players, you go fear fear. Oxlade in particular was being priced by Conte as a reserve fullback.

All of a sudden, he would stroll into our midfield.

Also im not scapegoating Morata, i was making a point about the argument with lordfalcao where he said Morata did not get any clear cut chance against Leicester.

I could be really petty and remind you about how Morata is supposed to be enabling his team mates score more goals.

The only point im making is the same one ive been making since the start of the season - Morata needs to fall less, and score more. He needs to escape the sunken place.

And im sure you know I've been shouting for Hazard to improve his mentality in the box for the last two years, so it's not like there's a bias ting.

Can, Wijnaldum and Oxlade will upgrade Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Moses in an instant. If anyone is stil in doubt about this, then they have not been paying attention. It matters less what has been said on this forum. Wise heads like Ibime, Griffon et al have been talking about midfield strength for eons. I joined in late on the topic but I came to terms when I saw the srength in their arguments. So this will not happen "all of a sudden". It has been brewing for ages. Then we made it worse by spending £75m on average midfielders.

The scape-goating continues I see. I never see you criticise Bakayoko for a single second. And you say there's no bias? Even you know this Nihilist.

Does Morata need to stay on his feet more? Yes! Could he have converted some of his chances? Yes! But the main question is still being evaded. If we don't have Morata playing against City; and as such, no one to "scape-goat", who is/are going to score 4 goals against City? I need you to answer this question.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:15am On Jan 15, 2018
Dongorgon5:
You've raised good points sir....I'm not a big fan of Morata,but I feel Egbon nihilist is looking for a scape goat,We have bigger problem with the likes of bakayoko Alonso moses and co who are average at best

Alonso has been top draw. That is one fine footballer. He may not have pace like Pedro and Willian but his football brain is top level.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:20am On Jan 15, 2018
Can, wijnadum and Ox will be an instant upgrade on the trio mentioned by Nateevs. I agree with this. Wijnadum is not even excellent but he's better than bakayoko.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 11:23am On Jan 15, 2018
nateevs:

Can, Wijnaldum and Oxlade will upgrade Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Moses in an instant. If anyone is stil in doubt about this, then they have not been paying attention. It matters less what has been said on this forum. Wise heads like Ibime, Griffon et al have been talking about midfield strength for eons. I joined in late on the topic but I came to terms when I saw the srength in their arguments. So this will not happen "all of a sudden". It has been brewing for ages. Then we made it worse by spending £75m on average midfielders.

The scape-goating continues I see. I never see you criticise Bakayoko for a single second. And you say there's no bias? Even you know this Nihilist.

Does Morata need to stay on his feet more? Yes! Could he have converted some of his chances? Yes! But the main question is still being evaded. If we don't have Morata playing against City; and as such, no one to "scape-goat", who is/are going to score 4 goals against City? I need you to answer this question.

when small money on top for give Una dablord dabodele.
But that's none of my business
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2018
atheist5:
I just tire,conte is frustrating me,the 5 defenders are useless at this point,conte is too rigid,gosh
alonso na offensive left back and left midfielder. moses na right winger and right midfielder. cesar na convert him convert am, from fullback to centerback. them fit overlap join attack score goals like conte talk

the players sef are frustrating conte. their form dey bad, na wetin we dey face for madrid now sef.

the 3 midfielders, way so purpose be one creative midfielder way go play pass like pirlo, fabregas and 2 runners abi, usually kante and bakayoko or drinks box to box, to recover the ball quickly, run with it, get into the box and score like vidal or pogba.

then hazard way so purpose better pass teves they misbehave this days.

make we talk true, 2015 title na fabregas and costa, 2017 na mainly kante, chelsea just need new blood atleast you na coach they cry for am and the club wan sign.

our own na till summer and till then na prayer we dey so.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2018
Can, wijnaldum and ox are upgrades on all the midfielders at your club but some of your perpetually drunk fans have the nerve to chat shít about lord Pogba from time to time. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:38am On Jan 15, 2018
nateevs:

Can, Wijnaldum and Oxlade will upgrade Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Moses in an instant

PietroRico:
Can, wijnaldum and ox are upgrades on all the midfielders at your club but some of your perpetually drunk fans have the nerve to chat shít about lord Pogba from time to time. Nonsense
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:47am On Jan 15, 2018
nateevs:

This is you on Emre Can, putting him in exactly the same category as Drinkwater who he will 'Upgrade in an instant'
nateevs:

You allowed to change that point pf view to anything. Good players, Star players. However, given that the premise of the debate was that the inclusion of Toni Kroos, Modric, Benzema, Ronaldo, Isco, helps bring out the best in Bale, you are the one saying the rubbish. If you think that this is not the case, ask them to sell Ronaldo, Modric and Kroos and replace them Drinkwater, Emre Can and Slimani; then we see if Bale's productivity will not decline.

This Ibime on Ox. There was even one post where he said Ox runs to much to play in midfield. I just can't find it.
Ibime:

Barkley is a non starter in midfield. Maybe he can succeed as a winger with good coaching, but not as WB or CM

Ox as a wingback is fine, though he is yet to convince me in a midfield 2, plus his injury record is terrible. I would prefer to grab him on free transfer next year than pay money for him now.

Ibime:

Gary Cahill won every trophy in club football within 3.5 years of joining Chelsea.

I will not cry if Oxlade doesn't come. That dude can.be injury prone and defensively suspect in that WB position anyway. . . plus the price is too high for a dude with 1 year on contract.

He should go to Liverpool and chop bench behind Keita, Wijnaldum and Can. How is that my business?

Now all of a sudden, Oxlade and Can are the players Wise Heads like yourself and Ibime have been calling for, for a long time.

My stance on Bakayoko is linked to a bet. I expect to win a pair of trainers based on his exploits on the pitch. You don't expect me to badmouth someone I am emotionally and financially invested in, do you?

Does Morata need to stay on his feet more? Yes! Could he have converted some of his chances? Yes!

Wow...a month truly is a long time in Football.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:49am On Jan 15, 2018
CAN is now such a good midfielder cheesy the effect of bakayoko
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:54am On Jan 15, 2018
Nihilist:

This is you on Emre Can, putting him in exactly the same category as Drinkwater who he will 'Upgrade in an instant'

This Ibime on Ox. There was even one post where he said Ox runs to much to play in midfield. I just can't find it.

Now all of a sudden, Oxlade and Can are the players Wise Heads like yourself and Ibime have been calling for, for a long time.

My stance on Bakayoko is linked to a bet. I expect to win a pair of trainers based on his exploits on the pitch. You don't expect me to badmouth someone I am emotionally and financially invested in, do you?

you are still neglecting the point raised and the question asked. .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:56am On Jan 15, 2018
Nihilist:

My stance on Bakayoko is linked to a bet. I expect to win a pair of trainers based on his exploits on the pitch. You don't expect me to badmouth someone I am emotionally and financially invested in, do you
?

My niqqa!! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2018
nateevs:

Alonso has been top draw. That is one fine footballer. He may not have pace like Pedro and Willian but his football brain is top level.
them go wait tire. Alonso has cemented his place on that left for now, anybody waiting for the club to throw away a massive 60M up on his age mate go wait till Jesus cone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
Emaprince:
Can, wijnadum and Ox will be an instant upgrade on the trio mentioned by Nateevs. I agree with this. Wijnadum is not even excellent but he's better than bakayoko.

See wetin I dey talk?

Instant Upgrade

Emaprince:
Hmm... I dont know how i feel about this ox though. Dude is neither good defensively nor in attack. What position is he coming to boost for us?

Last time I saw him play LWB, he was fantastic especially going forward. But i'm not sure he can displace Alonso, especially now Alonso is showing that he can bail the team out in difficult time.

RWB? I'm not sure about that either.

Let me just trust in Conte's magical transformation of players. He did it with moses, pedro and alonso. He can replicate it in Ox too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
Who is the third closest person to goal in Chelsea formation?

In the words of the great Fela Kuti:

Who kill Chelsea? Na Baka kill Chelsea.

Who kill Chelsea? Na Baka kill Chelsea.

If you add Yoko. . . na your wahala be that oh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jaysmallz(m): 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
Nihilist:

Quick stat: Morata has received 5 yellow cards this season....ALL have been for dissent.

His yellow card on Saturday wasn't for dissent
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
jaysmallz:

His yellow card on Saturday wasn't for dissent

That was his 6th

I was talking about his first 5
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2018
Nihilist:

I am not sure what the point you are making is. I can see fan boys already cheering you without checking.
So what if some people made statements about what they saw at the time? What they saw at the time was exactly what it was - what they saw at the time.

Jeez, go and check what people were saying about Sterling and Lingard this time last year. Do you mind helping us with digging?
This month, people are saying Sterling and Lingard are light years above Hazard. Why? Because of what they see now.
So yes mate, one month is a phucking long time in football.

I am not sure what the exercise proves. It's just one of those things that people do in a futile atempt to score one on others. It doesn't make a difference because you are evading the crucial question and clutching at straws.

Do I want Can and Wijaldum in my team? Are you phucking kidding me? You know I campaigned for two seasons straight for Koke and Verratti. So imagine my shock when we ended up with Yoko and Drinkwater.

Are Can and Wijaldum elite level? Hell No? Do I want them ? Hell No! Despite this, will they upgrade Yoko and Drinkwater? Absolutely!

So what's the point you proved?

Answer the question Nihilist and stop dodging.
If we don't have Morata playing against City; and as such, no one to "scape-goat", who is/are going to score 4 goals against City? I need you to answer this question.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jaysmallz(m): 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
Nihilist:

That was his 6th

I was talking about his first 5
Ok
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2018
nateevs:

I am not sure what the point you are making is. I can see fan boys already cheering you without checking.
So what if some people made statements about what they saw at the time? What they saw at the time was exactly what it was - what they saw at the time.

I'm just wondering when Can became an instant upgrade on Drinkwater, when they were both in the same category just last season. Or when Ox who has barely featured for Liverpool this season sef became an instant upgrade in midfield or wingback,

Jeez, go and check what people were saying about Sterling and Lindgaard this time last year. Do you mind helping us with digging?
This month, people are saying Sterling and Lingard are light years above Hazard. Why? Because of what they see now.
So yes mate, one month is a phucking long time in football.

I don't know if anybody is calling Sterling or Lingard an instant upgrade over their wingers despite their good form.

I am not sure what the exercise proves. It's just one of those things that people do in a futile atempt to score one on others. It doesn't make a difference because you are evading the crucial question and clutching at straws.

Do I want Can and Wijaldum in my team? Are you phucking kidding me? You know I campaigned for two seasons straight for Koke and Verratti. So imagine my shock when we ended up with Yoko and Drinkwater.

Are Can and Wijaldum elite level? Hell No? Do I want them ? Hell No! Despite this, will they upgrade Yoko and Drinkwater? Absolutely!

So what's the point you proved?

Shock? Nahhhh

If I remember correctly, you weren't actually shocked when we got Yoko. Infact you were quite happy with Yoko and you could "see what Conte was doing"

See below an example of what you thought of a trio of Kante, DD, and Yoko
nateevs:
Games like this in the future could feature Kante, Bakayoko and Drinkwater in midfield.

These three will over-work any opposing team and still output a decent level of creativity.

We could be very strong this year.

I'm not being facetious here, even though I do tend to take the mick from time to time. I'm only trying to point out how yours is an argument of convenience. One good performance and suddenly much disparaged liverpool players are instant upgrades on the midfielders you once lauded this season. This is not to say you don't have a point, but I suspect that your point is more derived from a desire to 'protect' Morate from perceived scapegoating, rather than a genuine intent to make a factual submission about the current Chelsea team's capabilities.

I'm just trying to debunk your claims in the only style I ever use - through humour and a dose of post digging. cheesy

Answer the question Nihilist and stop dodging.
If we don't have Morata playing against City; and as such, no one to "scape-goat", who is/are going to score 4 goals against City? I need you to answer this question.

We've faced City 3 times in the league in the last two years. On two of those occasions, we managed to put at least 2 goals past them - Eden Hazard and Willian scored against City last year. They are still at the club today.

But why can't I expect Morata to score 2 of the 4 goals against City sef? Firmino and Salah could have easil had a brace or even hattrick yesterday. Do they have two heads?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2018
Still not interested in Oxlade in midfield. I'm looking for a midfielder that can play in a midfield 2, not interested in a 3rd midfielder type.

Can I'm a fan of.

I feel Nateevs defence boils down to a simple analogy - The fact one is driving Innoson (Donkeyoko) does not mean he should accept any Peugeot (Oxlade) when he has money to go to market and buy Benz.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2018
Oga airmark, I don send you email o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2018
nateevs:

I want Can and Wijnaldum oh. Forget story. Especially Wijnaldum.

In the past 7 years, Chelsea have only signed two functional midfielders - Kante and Matic.

Maybe Drinkbleach but that remains to be seen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2018
I remember when i was telling nateevs here, last august, that morata's misses would be unpalatable for chelsea, he said hating had consumed me. He kept on defending him, in the face of many gifs exposing why zidane preferred benzema to him.

Blast from the past.

nateevs:

Hatred has consumed you. According to your last post, Lukaku ballooned the chance because the chance fell on his weaker foot. But you just posted a gif (the second one), with a missed chance by Morata; except the chance fell on his weaker foot and you didn't see it.

The desire to slag off Morata is greater than the desire to prove a fact.

Now who will rescue chelsea upfront converting most of the chances? Nobody yet.

airmark:

You mentioned the second gif, why not address the first gif? Abi that one no be miss? I posted that second one to show that morata missed with both legs as a master of misses. If you want me to bombard this place with more gifs i can but i wont.

Dont be deluded, i am a chelsea fan and wish he proves me wrong. I liked morata when he returned to madrid with high expectations from him like many of you here. His first three matches last season turned me to unbeliever and zidane made the best decision by benching him for madrid's good.

My concern is, if conte benches morata like zidane did, who is going to start and deliver? Batshuayi? I will rather play pedro to execute that fluid system you talked about with someone hungry to score goals for me. Goals win matches.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
Ibime:
Oga airmark, I don send you email o

Chairman, check your inbox pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4539) (4540) (4541) (4542) (4543) (4544) (4545) ... (19316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SimpleGuy001, sleekdot(m), izzou(m), tsquare299(m), bolu96(m), Ibunkun1(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.