Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10501466 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5794) (5795) (5796) (5797) (5798) (5799) (5800) ... (19147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
Man City definitely not gonna be having it easy this season ..

Arsenal had better second half. If not for useless players like ozil and lacasera grin

Face palm.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarthXmetahuman: 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
Eruditor:

Face palm.
*knocks his head*
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
Them no get left back.

I for say make we move hazard go there, but bellerin wing open too. cheesy

Sarriball about to go two for two.

let's go there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neezar: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
Manu and arsenal 2 fight for the title

I just have this feeling within me it gonna happen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
neezar:
Manu and arsenal 2 fight for the title

I just have this feeling within me it gonna happen

sharrap dia…. that nurse yansh don scatter ur head again this evening... yansh doctor tongue

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
*knocks his head*

you dey knock elder elruditor head....shiorrrr shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neezar: 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
diggz:

sharrap dia…. that nurse yansh don scatter ur head again this evening... yansh doctor tongue
As it stands now....I just dey come from fellowship

Yansh no be my problem....I just dey think of how i go survive thru out this week

Na wetin make me type this rubbish xo cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
neezar:

As it stands now....I just dey come from fellowship

Yansh no be my problem....I just dey think of how i go survive thru out this week

Na wetin make me type this rubbish xo cheesy

you wey dey still thank God for yansh just few days ago naim dey form for here.... na wa cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neezar: 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
diggz:

you wey dey still thank God for yansh just few days ago naim dey form for here.... na wa cheesy
Lol....That one was just irresistible Bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
Meanwhile
Oar blussssss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Anduku: 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Blue is the colour

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
Man City definitely not gonna be having it easy this season ..

Arsenal had better second half. If not for useless players like ozil and lacasera grin

Missed the match, where's lordfalcao?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 4:20am On Aug 13, 2018
eph12:

Gayners nko?
Mid-table team...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:18am On Aug 13, 2018
obainojazz:
Meanwhile
Oar blussssss

Fore laif!

#breaks bottle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2018
Bakayoko is gone aaaaaaa cheesy for hopefully "£36m" and then there were 7: Ginho, Kante, Barkley, Fabregas, Kovacic, RLC and DW (next in line to be axed) grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2018
airmark:

Missed the match, where's lordfalcao?
opinion are like arse hole everybody has one. We knew who made impact more.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2018
lordfalcao:

Laca changed the game grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2018
Wont be happy until Next year when Milan outrightly purchase bakayoko. . I am not even confident he will impress enough for them to consider buying. . Fraud

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2018
lalaboi:
Wont be happy until Next year when Milan outrightly purchase bakayoko. . I am not even confident he will impress enough for them to consider buying. . Fraud
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarthXmetahuman: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
lordfalcao:
which impact exactly?

In what aspect of the game?
The 2 chances he had, he lampooned it.

The only person with meaningful impact yesterday was that kid that looked like Luiz.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
Morata should join bakayoko and fvck off too..BIGGER FRAUD!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
which impact exactly?

In what aspect of the game?
The 2 chances he had, he lampooned it.

The only person with meaningful impact yesterday was that kid that looked like Luiz.
you don't know football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
elrony:

Laca changed the game grin
correct guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarthXmetahuman: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2018
lordfalcao:
you don't know football
that's why I'm asking you wey know ball now.. grin

Oya Tell me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
that's why I'm asking you wey know ball now.. grin

Oya Tell me?

Lordfalcao let's learn from you

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
Mikuz, I see you viewing shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
Mateo Kovacic to Chelsea: Can Maurizio Sarri unlock his potential?

Mateo Kovacic has real pedigree but is still in search of a home

Chelsea have agreed the loan signing of Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid. He is a huge talent but unlocking his true potential is the challenge now, writes Adam Bate from skysports

When Inter signed Mateo Kovacic at the age of 18 they were acquiring the signature of one of Europe's most coveted teenage prodigies. There was hardly a major club on the continent that had not had their eye on the midfielder from Dinamo Zagreb. It was clear that Inter, the club with which he had once trained as a 10-year-old boy, had pulled off a coup.

Croatian legend Zvonimir Boban described Kovacic at the time as "the complete midfielder" before adding: "I would say that he has the potential to become a better player than I was." The iconic Inter captain Javier Zanetti swiftly declared that this was the most promising youngster that he had seen at the club since the great Ronaldo rocked up there in 1997.

It was always going to be tricky to live up to those expectations, especially when handed the No 10 shirt. Kovacic was in and out under Walter Mazzarri in the 2013/14 season and the situation did not improve once Roberto Mancini returned to the San Siro. He was urged to work on consistency but how was that supposed to come without consistency of selection?

He was sold to Real Madrid in 2015 just days after Zanetti had declared that the club had "total faith" in him, but with Inter no nearer to solving the Kovacic conundrum. Goalkeeper Samir Handanovic insisted that he had "the ability to become the best player in the world in his position". The problem was that it was still not clear what that position was.
Boban saw this flexibility as an asset but it did not always feel that way for Kovacic. In Italy, he was a left-winger and an attacking midfielder as well as a deep-lying playmaker. He took Andrea Pirlo and Luka Modric as reference points - "I like to be in the heart of the action" - but others disagreed. Giovanni Trapattoni described him as "a mix of Kaka and Seedorf".

Anyone who can be compared to no fewer than three of AC Milan's classic Champions League winning team of 2007 evidently has an unusual skill-set. Kovacic can dribble but he likes to play from deep. He does not have the defensive qualities preferred in a holder but is not purposeful enough as a No.10 either, where goals and assists are the only currency.

Andrea Stramaccioni, his first coach at Inter, worked this out pretty quickly. "He won't be playing in the hole as he did as a kid," he had explained, while also noting that Kovacic "does not give you that protection in front of the backline" either. Classy and elegant, yes. But it is tempting to wonder whether Kovacic has too often been defined by what he is not.

"He is not a typical defensive midfielder," pointed out then Real Madrid coach Rafa Benitez upon Kovacic's arrival in the Spanish capital. "He offers quality. He goes forward, he's dynamic, and uses the ball well." He did all of those things throughout his three seasons with Real Madrid - and the statistics highlight this rare combination of gifts.

Kovacic ranked fourth in La Liga for completed dribbles per 90 minutes last season. He also ranked ninth for total passes per 90 minutes and 14th for tackles. Nobody else in Spain was among the top 25 players in the competition for these three disciplines. Kovacic clearly contributed, but only intermittently. Eleven of his 21 appearances came from the bench.

In total, he has made 109 appearances for the world's most successful football club, concluding each of his three seasons there with a Champions League triumph. Just as telling is that he has not started in any of those three finals. It sums up his career so far that he was involved in five of Croatia's seven games in Russia this summer but not the World Cup final.

At 24, there is plenty of time to become the heartbeat of a team with the matches to match the medals. It took time for Pirlo to find his natural role but he eventually flourished only when a team was built around him. It was impossible to persuade Real Madrid to do that for Kovacic. It is unlikely to be the plan that Chelsea have for their latest loan signing either.

Maurizio Sarri already has his playmaker in Jorginho, nobody can rival N'Golo Kante in that box-to-box midfield role and Chelsea have various creative options further forwards. But Kovacic can be an asset in any of those positions. Perhaps the flexibility that has proven so problematic in his career so far is precisely what appeals to his latest employers.That is good news for his prospects of getting on the Stamford Bridge pitch. It is rather less clear whether this increases or decreases his chances of evolving into the consistent world-class performer that many fine judges have long expected him to become. It is still exciting. Premier League audiences are about to get a close-up look at the Mateo Kovacic enigma.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
diggz:
Mateo Kovacic to Chelsea: Can Maurizio Sarri unlock his potential?

Mateo Kovacic has real pedigree but is still in search of a home

Chelsea have agreed the loan signing of Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid. He is a huge talent but unlocking his true potential is the challenge now, writes Adam Bate from skysports

Maurizio Sarri already has his playmaker in Jorginho, nobody can rival N'Golo Kante in that box-to-box midfield role and Chelsea have various creative options further forwards. But Kovacic can be an asset in any of those positions. Perhaps the flexibility that has proven so problematic in his career so far is precisely what appeals to his latest employers.That is good news for his prospects of getting on the Stamford Bridge pitch. It is rather less clear whether this increases or decreases his chances of evolving into the consistent world-class performer that many fine judges have long expected him to become. It is still exciting. Premier League audiences are about to get a close-up look at the Mateo Kovacic enigma.

So if we are able to unlock his true potential, RM will now tell us to give them Hazard in exchange. This mata strong
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 13, 2018
There is problem

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2018
obainojazz:
There is problem
No as long as he is addicted to winning as well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
obainojazz:
There is problem

The addiction strong ohhh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5794) (5795) (5796) (5797) (5798) (5799) (5800) ... (19147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.