Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,088 members, 7,859,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10723411 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5811) (5812) (5813) (5814) (5815) (5816) (5817) ... (19388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

What was the scores of those games?

The only match where KDB didn't really shine was vs France and that was due to a tactical issue.

I'm on my phone here but KDB was arguably the main man for Belgium through out- though there is an argument that it's between him and hazard.
Those games were against Panama and Tunisia.
A second string England.
And still he didn't look like the KDB we know.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2018
madrid5:
yes oh in 2014 world cup,we were many who saw the game,i heard he was made the man of the match,and widely recognised as the midfielder in that world cup,many you see thinks differently than the rest of us sha
kindly explain how kroos now play for france or brazil
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
sod09:
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
sod09:
i am talking about his performance against germany and brazil at brazil 2014,if i didnt phrase my statements well at least you get my piont

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
airmark:

Many games as CB?

I hope your own Landlord won't turn to lielord.

How do you mean by this question? Ask Barcelona fans that have been watching him play

Also he played CB against arsenal in UCL knockout match IIRC at least that's one popular one

Why would I lie? I'm a Madrid fan not a barca fan
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2018
Unlimited22:

Those games were against Panama and Tunisia.
A second string England.
And still he didn't look like the KDB we know.

Can't really see any ratings that match your assertion

BTW KDB for belgium played in a midfield 2 with only 3 defenders at the back - you cant expect him to fufill the same tactical role as he does at City - but that's a different discussion

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ibime:
Compared to his Leverkusen and Bayern days, dude has been on easy street these last couple of uears.

He has been like that since his Bayern days especially when he is given any sort of defensive responsibility. Juup initially tried him at the double pivot but this same laziness made them push him to AM where his defensive frailties wont be noticed

Leverkusen he played on the left side of the attack

He is still a good player but KDB is just better
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Can't really see any ratings that match your assertion

BTW KDB for belgium played in a midfield 2 with only 3 defenders at the back - you cant expect him to fufill the same tactical role as he does at City - but that's a different discussion

Try play Kroos in a midfield 2 and see the result
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

He has been like that since his Bayern days especially when he is given any sort of defensive responsibility. Juup initially tried him at the double pivot but this same laziness made them push him to AM where his defensive frailties wont be noticed

Leverkusen he played on the left side of the attack

He is still a good player but KDB is just better

He played DM for us in his first year here and we went 22 game winning streak which included a 3-1 win over UEFAlona

I don't think a "defensively lazy" player would play DM for us but what do I know?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

He played alongside Modrić in a midfield 2 in his first season here and we went on a 22 game winning streak but don't let the facts get in the way
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

He played alongside Modrić in a midfield 2 in his first season here and we went on a 22 game winning streak but don't let the facts get in the way

You mean Kroos played alongside himself?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diadem10: 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

Did that many times for Germany at their qualifiers and was often the best player on the pitch.

Also, Kroos was pushed to the AM role for Bayern under Hynckes because it was either Schweini or Kroos for the CM role and Schweini can't play the AM role.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

You mean Kroos played alongside himself?

good thing I've corrected the post before you quoted

Like I said, don't let facts get in the way of your diminishing how good Kroosifier is
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

He played DM for us in his first year here and we went 22 game winning streak which included a 3-1 win over UEFAlona

I don't think a "defensively lazy" player would play DM for us but what do I know?

So where was Isco and James playing when Kroos was in a midfield 2?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
diadem10:

Did that many times for Germany at their qualifiers and was often the best player on the pitch.

Also, Kroos was pushed to the AM role for Bayern under Hynckes because it was either Schweini or Kroos for the CM role and Schweini can't play the AM role.

Which games for Germany so we can check the lineup

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
good thing I've corrected the post before you quoted
Like I said, don't let facts get in the way of your diminishing how good Kroosifier is

I am certain I have watched more Kroos games than you have. There is nothing you can tell me about Kroos that I dont know already

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kushercain: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
madrid5:
i am talking about his performance against germany and brazil at brazil 2014,if i didnt phrase my statements well at least you get my piont

Bros we get your point e don doooo. Oya go front page people don dey abuse Buhari again

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

What does midfield 2 mean to you?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

I am certain I have watched more Kroos games than you have. There is nothing you can tell me about Kroos that I dont know already

I'm sure you did. how "lazy" was he when he played DM for us?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

How hard can it be when you have Modric, Isco James all covering
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

From your fellow Madrid follower

usbcable:

Not Case off course.

I was considering benching Kroos for him.

James is faster (not the fastest in the team though) than Kroos vis Attacks build up.

James brings more potency to our attack line anytime he is on the pitch.

Truth is am not a fan of Kroos especially not when he is constantly being played as the DM. An experiment that has never worked in 2 seasons.
He is better off as a CM not a DM

If we face ATM Kroos should be on the bench. He has not the physicality to combat the ATM marines. and he is not the best at attacks.
Balance wise he is goos as in not full attack and not full defence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

Kroose and Kante in two man midfield will do well.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

I suspect that guy hasn't watched Kroos for long...

I just dey remember Toba now grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
kushercain:

Bros we get your point e don doooo. Oya go front page people don dey abuse Buhari again
grin grin grin,make i join the abuse?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Kroos is good at what he does which is recycling possesion but he needs a lot of catering to

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

he probably didnt know kroos played as a DM during our 22 match winning streek in 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
madrid5:
he probably didnt know kroos played as a DM during our 22 match winning streek in 2014
I'm starting to think he's just looking for any excuse to sheet on Kroosifier

He even said our being defensively solid that time had little to do with Kroosifier and more to do with Isco and James lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Lol! I watch 98% of all Kroos games since he joined Madrid and 40% of his games before then

Maybe you can answer the question he's refused to answer. what does midfield 2 mean to you? does it mean 4-2-4 formation?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

How do you mean by this question? Ask Barcelona fans that have been watching him play

Also he played CB against arsenal in UCL knockout match at least that's one popular one

Why would I lie? I'm a Madrid fan not a barca fan

When did he play these MANY games as cb as you claimed?

Even barca have started looking for mechanics to cover busquets defensive frailties. The last time busquets played as cb, it was just for only 27 minutes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diadem10: 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

Which games for Germany so we can check the lineup
lol. What are you saying sef? Didn't Kroos play in most of the qualifying matches since Schweini retired. Off the top of my head, against Northern Ireland, Czech republic or so.

Even before Schweini retired, Kroos has always deputised for him whenever he needed to be rested. At times, it was even Kroos and Gundogan in midfield. So much for following Germany national team.

No one is saying Kroos' defensive skill is great but if paired with a defensive pacey box-box CM like Kante beside him, he's good to go. No one asked the likes of Khedira to be rubbish and sluggish at the worldcup coupled with Germany's blunt attack of useless Muller and Werner. Don't let me even start on their ageing defence as well. Kroos was Germany's best player at the recent worldcup and he did that in a 2-man midfield with a rubbish Khedira, just like he did in the qualifiers.

I even feel he's underutilised at Madrid and it seems their new coach Lopetuigi is trying to do better with him by using Casemiro as a box-box midfielder while Kroos sits back but Casemiro is too slow for that role, maybe Valverde will be a better complement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'm starting to think he's just looking for any excuse to sheet on Kroosifier

He even said our being defensively solid that time had little to do with Kroosifier and more to do with Isco and James lol
bros leave bayer boy,we should be thanking him for getting kroos that cheap
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Lol! I watch 98% of all Kroos games since he joined Madrid and 40% of his games before then

Maybe you can answer the question he's refused to answer. what does midfield 2 mean to you? does it mean 4-2-4 formation?

the meaning of 2 man midfield is self evident...

nobody calls 4231 the same as 433.

Accept your goof and let's keep it moving....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5811) (5812) (5813) (5814) (5815) (5816) (5817) ... (19388) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Realtord43, forgiveness, UncleHaba22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.