Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10615845 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5813) (5814) (5815) (5816) (5817) (5818) (5819) ... (19263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
hensben:
Season by season when they were playing together I asked you? Who had more goals and assist in each season they played together.

Most times when they played together Barcelona had a 3 man attack which was responsible for goals and assists. I have given you the total number of assists of Iniesta and Xavi in their entire time at Barcelona
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
EXCLUSIVE: Kevin De Bruyne suffers serious injury in Manchester City training

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/08/15/exclusive-kevin-de-bruyne-suffers-serious-injury-in-manchester-city-training/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
Eruditor:

I have listed exactly what Kroos does. Recycle possession. If a team is dominant..Kroos will not make a mistake. If a team is wobbly, Kroos will not bail you out. He does the simple things very well. Collects the ball from the defence..feeds the enforcer (Modric). Takes corners. Passes the ball to space. Shoots if an opportunity affords itself. The typical central midfielder.

Madrid5 this is exactly what I also think of him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:
EXCLUSIVE: Kevin De Bruyne suffers serious injury in Manchester City training

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/08/15/exclusive-kevin-de-bruyne-suffers-serious-injury-in-manchester-city-training/
ope..o shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
I heard Hidden has been rejected by Madrid and he will extend with Chelsea and make him captain in their Yorupa league quest
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2018
madrid5:
kroos before he came to real Madrid has already performed in the biggest stage compared to debruyne,he was the best midfielder in the world cup, so stop saying rubbish abeg.

Euro 2012 vs italy say hi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

what do you think the 2 in 4231 stands for?

2pac?

2 in 4231 is actually 3 man midfield by the logic of someone bringing up James and Isco when Kroos was playing as a DM because the central player in the "3" would be midfielder ala Ozil when Mourinho was coaching us, the other 2 would be both wide midfielder and winger

Look at Man U, they play with Pogba and Matic, people call it "Midfield 2" despite the fact that Lingaard and Mata are also there occupying the same positions Isco and James occupied when Kroos played as a DM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
hensben:
In that formation we have 3 midfielder; DMF, Box to box and AMF unlike in 3-4-3 formation.

why are you this stupid?

no offence

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
madrid5:
bros leave bayer boy,we should be thanking him for getting kroos that cheap

Yes o!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

2 in 4231 is actually 3 man midfield by the logic of someone bringing up James and Isco when Kroos was playing as a DM

Look at Man U, they play with Pogba and Matic, people call it "Midfield 2" despite the fact that Lingaard and Mata are also there occupying the same positions Isco and James occupied when Kroos played as a DM

actually whoscored have Madrid's most common formation as 433 that season

that's not a midfield 2.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

that's not a midfield 2.

We hardly played 4-3-3 during the 22 game winning streak because bale was hardly fit

We played

Casillas

Carvajal Pepe/Varane Ramos Marcelo

Kroos
Modrić

James Isco

Benzema Ronaldo

This was the same formation we used to beat UEFAlona 3-1 that season amongst our 22 game winning streak

this is also the formation Man U use that people say its a "midfield 2" with Mata and Lingaard playing in James and Isco's position. When Bale became fit in the second half of that season we started playing 4-3-3
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

We hardly played 4-3-3 during the 22 game winning streak because bale was hardly fit

We played

Casillas

Carvajal Pepe/Varane Ramos Marcelo

Kroos
Modrić

James Isco

Benzema Ronaldo

This was the same formation we used to beat UEFAlona 3-1 that season amongst our 22 game winning streak

this is also the formation Man U use that people say its a "midfield 2" with Mata and Lingaard playing in James and Isco's position. When Bale became fit in the second half of that season we started playing 4-3-3

wheres your proof?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

wheres your proof?
Proof of what?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
popizaino:

Madrid5 this is exactly what I also think of him.
unfortunately i dont think highly of what you think.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
popizaino:

Euro 2012 vs italy say hi
what is this one even saying seft?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Proof of what?

proof that Madrid lined up how you say they did
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

why are you this stupid?

no offence

But that hensben guy is right!!

In a 4231 formation we have 3 midfielders
2 side midfielders who would double up as wingers then a striker

Ozil was a midfielder in Madrid's 4-2-3-1 formation, Khedira and Alonso behind him or was he a forward/striker?

How's it stupidity?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

proof that Madrid lined up how you say they did

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29541443

That's the clasico match
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

I watched your video when I wanted to respond I saw the first comment to the video

"You lost everyone when you said “when you look beyond goals and assists” that’s kind of the whole point of football and certainly a forward’s main job. Hazard doesn’t have end product often enough to be labeled world class, his numbers are pathetic"

"Its all about end product g....when you dont put up numbers as a forward you aint doing shit for the team ..you just putting on a show for a 10 minute youtube video of your dribbling skills...and thats definitely not world class material"

Ok, got u, it is all about the goals and assist for u, but shall hazard dey help us break defense ohhhhh, creating chances for goals and assist, he may not directly have those goals and assist, but majority of the chances where created by him breaking into those defen-se(ce)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29541443

That's the clasico match

Didn't see any formation in that link

See below.

This is how 2 different websites had Madrid lining up that year.

Show your proof or claim this L.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
raumdeuter:
I heard Hidden has been rejected by Madrid and he will extend with Chelsea and make him captain in their Yorupa league quest
Can they now go for Neyma and leave our Hazard
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

But that hensben guy is right!!

In a 4231 formation we have 3 midfielders
2 side midfielders who would double up as wingers then a striker

Ozil was a midfielder in Madrid's 4-2-3-1 formation, Khedira and Alonso behind him or was he a forward/striker?

How's it stupidity?

The fact that somebody felt the need to count out the number of players in each band on the pitch should make the answer to your question self-evident

The 2 is not short for toothpaste.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Didn't see any formation in that link

See below.

This is how 2 different websites had Madrid lining up that year.

Show your proof or claim this L.
so all you've been doing is trying to win and hand out L?

Hahahaha This is funny because I'm not even trying to win

Bale was hardly fit! we played 2 man midfield of Kroos and Modrić a lot more than the formation you're bringing during our 22 game winning streak

I don't know how to get lineups so why not get the el clasico lineup of that season when we beat Barca 3-1 and let's see?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Daddy in the Lord, be spiritual. sad angry

Even Bishop Airmark would be feeling bad in his hotel room with sister Angelina he took from larride grin

Cheee.....chee......cheeeeeee sad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

The fact that somebody felt the need to count out the number of players in each band on the pitch should make the answer to your question self-evident

The 2 is not short for toothpaste.

oh god!

you realise we can call that formation 4-5-1? by your logic then they're using 5 midfielders?

Just like 4-4-2 during the second half of our 2016/17 season would be broken down to 4-1-2-1-2?

The second "1" in that formation is actually regarded as a midfielder but he handles the same role the middle player in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1 and even occupies the same position on the template

Oga, it appears you have a totally simplistic look at formations

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

so all you've been doing is trying to win and hand out L?

Hahahaha This is funny because I'm not even trying to win

Bale was hardly fit! we played 2 man midfield of Kroos and Modrić a lot more than the formation you're bringing during our 22 game winning streak

I don't know how to get lineups so why not get the el clasico lineup of that season when we beat Barca 3-1 and let's see?

oga show your proof na?

We know that Kroos played DM in a 3, and even your fellow mafridistas are on record as being dissatisfied with his performance in that position.

We contend that if he was played in a 2, that discontent would have been open rebellion.

If you say Kroos played multiple matches as part of a pivot, it should not be too hard to find evidence of such lineups
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

oh god!

you realise we can call that formation 4-5-1? by your logic then they're using 5 midfielders?

Just like 4-4-2 during the second half of our 2016/17 season would be broken down to 4-1-2-1-2?

The second "1" in that formation is actually regarded as a midfielder but he handles the same role the middle player in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1 and even occupies the same position on the template

Oga, it appears you have a totally simplistic look at formations

451 is a 3 man midfield with withdrawn wingers.

433 is a 3 man midfield with attacking wingers.

4231 a 2 man midfield with a 10 or supporting striker.

The middle man in the 3 inhabits a zone known as the hole. What do you think the hole is? Here's a clue - it's NOT midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diadem10: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

that's not a midfield 2.

He's basically saying Isco and James playing infront of Kroos is no different from Kroos operating in a 2-man midfield because the aforementioned players are more or less attacking midfielders and worst, no 10s. I would join in and say Kroos was playing in a 1-man midfield sef.

I've always thought that Kroos can't operate as a registra, ala Alonso/Pirlo but then I've seen him always looking his best and the best player on the pitch for Germany evenwhile playing alongside Khedira (who was still manageable then). I could even recall some German fans clamouring for him to replace Schweini because he always looked great everytime he deputised for Schweini to the extent that Low had no option than to include him in a 3man midfield and push Ozil to the wing.

Hence my conclusion is, Kroos can definitely play in the holding playmaking role but would need a defensively astute box-box CM eg Kante, prime Vidal, even Khedira on his good day would do just fine with him in the midfield but neither Modric nor Isco can offer him such. Although Modric's intensity helped a bit, he's always ending up making more fouls than stealing the ball succesfully while Isco is basically a no 10 (and that's even dispustable 'cos I don't really know what Isco offers per say).

Anyway, the gist is Madrid doesn't have Vidal/Kante-like midfielder to make Kroos anchoring the midfield work and in the end, Caseimiro, a typical defensive holding midfielder had to come in to anchor the midfield while Kroos played further forward.

Nb: my observation isn't for you though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

oga show your proof na?

We know that Kroos played DM in a 3, and even your fellow mafridistas are on record as being dissatisfied with his performance in that position.

We contend that if he was played in a 2, that discontent would have been open rebellion.

If you say Kroos played multiple matches as part of a pivot, it should not be too hard to find evidence of such lineups

I don't know what those "Madridistas" are talking about, maybe they can come and explain better since its apparently not your own point

However Kroos was fantastic during the clasico win and he played in middle 2 with Isco and James as wide midfielders just like Mata and Lingaard do for Man U

The season ended badly when Modrić became unfit so we made Isco play beside Kroos, Isco didn't have the defensive discipline of Modrić so the midfield was getting overrun which also culminated in our being dumped out by Juventus

With the way I've been talking even if I'm unable to get "proof" like you wanted I sound like someone who watched those games, don't I?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
All this talk about KDB this, KDB that. The poor boy don get injury na. You can only call someone's name for so long make im village people no intercept.

Kroos to rupture his ACL tonight. You heard it here first.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hopefulLandlord: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

451 is a 3 man midfield with withdrawn wingers.

433 is a 3 man midfield with attacking wingers.

4231 a 2 man midfield with a 10 or supporting striker.

The middle man in the 3 inhabits a zone known as the hole. What do you think the hole is? Here's a clue - it's NOT midfield.

oh god!

4-5-1 is a simplistic look at varieties of formations

4-5-1 could actually have NO wingers ala "Christmas Tree" formation of Ancelotti's Milan. The formations 4-5-1, 5-3-2, 4-4-2 are laymen interpretation of formation. It would need to be broken down further

Also now that you're using the word "hole" what does the second 1 in 4-1-2-1-2 do? is it any different from what the middle of the 3 in 4-2-3-1 does? They're both in hole but you're classing the former as a midfielder but refuse to do the same for the latter?

You seem to be running around in circles
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I don't know what those "Madridistas" are talking about, maybe they can come and explain better since its apparently not your own point

However Kroos was fantastic during the clasico win and he played in middle 2 with Isco and James as wide midfielders just like Mata and Lingaard do for Man U

The season ended badly when Modrić became unfit so we made Isco play beside Kroos, Isco didn't have the defensive discipline of Modrić so the midfield was getting overrun which also culminated in our being dumped out by Juventus

With the way I've been talking even if I'm unable to get "proof" like you wanted I sound like someone who watched those games, don't I?

I'm not disputing what you saw with your two eyes.

Your interpretation of what you saw is what is in doubt here.

You've said a lot of questionable and suspect things in the last 24 hours, and so it's my opinion that your opinions are not to be trusted.

I imagine the feeling is mutual, hence I've been providing evidence to back up every point I've made - from madridistas disagreeing with your opinions, to screenshots of real madrid formations from reputable website.

This is Chelsea thread. Here every debate is an exercise in academia. We provide well referenced submissions to every debate...

I only know you from Ashewo thread and they do things differently in that side.

Come correct or take your L along with 2 seats...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5813) (5814) (5815) (5816) (5817) (5818) (5819) ... (19263) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.