Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5860) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10584943 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5857) (5858) (5859) (5860) (5861) (5862) (5863) ... (19237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lookat Firminho SMH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
damn angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
Quality always shows itself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
palace fought well....

good game...

ref na b@stard….
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
Heywhizzy:
not like I'm in support of someone rating Mendy that highly but all you wrote here is trash.. how did you come into such conclusions like he has no technical ability, no positional awareness and average football IQ.. using nice football terms doesn't actually mean you know football.. Someone that can pick out attackers in the box smartly is who you call all pace and power, has average football IQ, well-done Sir, I too know.. Running into the box once or twice having a comfortable win has now become lack of positional awareness, I duff my hat for you

Errm. . Ogbeni, have we met before cos me I no see the need for aggression wey you dey carry come. I've only stated my observations about Mendy. I don't know how you watch your football but those with trained eyes will agree with majority of what I've said.

There are artists and there are athletes. Mendy falls into the latter category. He's got incredible motor and physicality but his technical ability is limited. I said limited, i did not say non-existent.

When I say technical ability, I mean skills like passing, crossing, vision, ball retention or to use the vogue word press resistance ( that ability to hold the ball under pressure), first touch, ball control etc. You get the picture. Of all the above, Crossing is the only major aspect where he scores above average.

Out of curiosity, I just checked Mendy's Who scored page and even they assigned a calculated weakness of " holding on to the ball" for him. His passing accuracy has never hit the 90's. In his best season to date, he had a PA of 78%. Now All this for someone who started his career as a DM. If that is not limited technical ability, I don't know what it is. You can compare with technically-gifted fullbacks like Kimmich and Alaba to see the difference.

Here's an excerpt analysing Mendy's performance against Arsenal:

His performance was far from perfect in many respects; *he offered up possession too easily, he missed challenges, *and he lacked the tactical discipline Guardiola was looking for. After the match it was put to the Catalan that Mendy was even playing centre-forward at certain stages. Seemingly that was one step too far.

"And that is not good!," the City boss replied

That paragraph basically summed up everything i've been saying. Now you see that needless runs into the box weren't just a one off. He did the same thing against Huddersfield yesterday. I'm not hating on him, I'm just stating the truth.

Hope you learned a thing or 2 today.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ibime:

I stand corrected. I thought that was Theo all through World Cup given he was playing leftback
No wahala. Mistakes dey happen but you self come carry agidi on top wetin no dey correct.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
If we don't get one or even both of Ante Rebic and Wilfried Zaha by July 2019, I'll be really pissed.
Zaha Issa baller.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
E be like say Airmark don do wedding and im no send us invites o grin. Baba neva login for the past 96 hrs which is very unlike him.

My guy probably dey enjoy him honeymoon. No time to drag Hazard matter with you-know-who. Happy Married Life o ! grin.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
Unlimited22:
If we don't get one or even both of Ante Rebic and Wilfried Zaha by July 2019, I'll be really pissed.
Zaha Issa baller.

Loooool.

Rebic issa fraud.

Zaha is 10x better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:12am On Aug 21, 2018
Always great when Utd lose, their pathetic fans disappear and crawl into their holes. A bit of quietness on social media and especially here until their next win and then they'll appear with their usual repetitive nonsense like a flock of sheep.

They are already fighting relegation battle, i pity that club, the only good thing about them is that their green and succulent pitch, that's very good for staging draw matches

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 21, 2018
popizaino:
Always great when Utd lose, their pathetic fans disappear and crawl into their holes. A bit of quietness on social media and especially here until their next win and then they'll appear with their usual repetitive nonsense like a flock of sheep.

They are already fighting relegation battle, i pity that club, the only good thing about them is that their green and succulent pitch, that's very good for staging draw matches
dude....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AmoryBlacq: 6:43am On Aug 21, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
Since 2014, César Azpilicueta has played over 12,500 minutes of Premier League football.

In that time he's made one error that led to a shot.

One.

my noble captain!

Ain't nobody badder than!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:26am On Aug 21, 2018
Unlimited22:
Zaha Issa baller.
If he really wanted to leave Palace he shouldn't have signed a contract extension what was he thinking that a team would buy him for more than £60-70m
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarthXmetahuman: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
Since 2014, César Azpilicueta has played over 12,500 minutes of Premier League football.

One.
wanted to post this yesterday.

Azpilicueta is the most underrated CB/RB ever.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
wanted to post this yesterday.

Azpilicueta is the most underrated CB/LB ever.

Bro, I dey tell you. The guy is a model of consistency. Even when he's been shunted across different positions, he still manages to perform excellently. I call him "Mr Reliable".

'Dave' is the best defender in the EPL, in my opinion. It's so criminal he doesn't get the plaudits and praises he deserves. How they continue to overlook him for PFA team of the season selections is something that baffles me. But if na guys like Otamendi, Cahill you go dey see their names.

One of the few PL players I would kill to have in my team. He so much reminds me of Lahm.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neymar1095(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2018
pkasso:
Bro, I dey tell you. The guy is a model of consistency. Even when he's been shunted across different positions, he still manages to perform excellently. I call him "Mr Reliable".

'Dave' is the best defender in the EPL, in my opinion. It's so criminal he doesn't get the plaudits and praises he deserves. How they continue to overlook him for PFA team of the season selections is something that baffles me. But if na guys like Otamendi, Cahill you go dey see their names.

One of the few PL players I would kill to have in my team. He so much reminds me of Lahm.
you have started with this your rubbish again. Azpilicueta is only rated because of the lack of mistake he makes. Why is that? because he has the easiest role in the team only ever having to make sidewards and backwards passes. Never does anything exceptionally, not even defending. He is just the defender version of Mikel.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

One.
Mr Reliable himself.
Davey Boy.
Captain Fantastic (Cahill can goan die)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2018
Neymar1095:

you have started with this your rubbish again. Azpilicueta is only rated because of the lack of mistake he makes. Why is that? because he has the easiest role in the team only ever having to make sidewards and backwards passes. Never does anything exceptionally, not even defending. He is just the defender version of Mikel.
Here we go again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Heywhizzy(m): 9:24am On Aug 21, 2018
pkasso:
Errm. . Ogbeni, have we met before cos me I no see the need for aggression wey you dey carry come. I've only stated my observations about Mendy. I don't know how you watch your football but those with trained eyes will agree with majority of what I've said.

There are artists and there are athletes. Mendy falls into the latter category. He's got incredible motor and physicality but his technical ability is limited. I said limited, i did not say non-existent.

When I say technical ability, I mean skills like passing, crossing, vision, ball retention or to use the vogue word press resistance ( that ability to hold the ball under pressure), first touch, ball control etc. You get the picture. Of all the above, Crossing is the only major aspect where he scores above average.

Out of curiosity, I just checked Mendy's Who scored page and even they assigned a calculated weakness of " holding on to the ball" for him. His passing accuracy has never hit the 90's. In his best season to date, he had a PA of 78%. Now All this for someone who started his career as a DM. If that is not limited technical ability, I don't know what it is. You can compare with technically-gifted fullbacks like Kimmich and Alaba to see the difference.

Here's an excerpt analysing Mendy's performance against Arsenal:

His performance was far from perfect in many respects; *he offered up possession too easily, he missed challenges, *and he lacked the tactical discipline Guardiola was looking for. After the match it was put to the Catalan that Mendy was even playing centre-forward at certain stages. Seemingly that was one step too far.

"And that is not good!," the City boss replied

That paragraph basically summed up everything i've been saying. Now you see that needless runs into the box weren't just a one off. He did the same thing against Huddersfield yesterday. I'm not hating on him, I'm just stating the truth.

Hope you learned a thing or 2 today.
Ogade, no vex for the tone, no be fight at all

The pass accuracy for someone that specialize in picking out players in a crowded box can never be up to 90, his crossing is top notch, I remember him in Psg, picking out cavani with perfect crosses..His vision ain't poor, he's not indecisive in the final third, talks about him not being technically gifted are from ppl who are scared to rate him highly this early so they fill their critics with so many untrue Buts, he was caught out of position against Arsenal, against Huddersfield he was tactically discipline, why now lean to the previous one and make conclusive judgement

I'm not rating Mendy just yet but I see potentials of him being the best wing back in Epl, even in the world in coming seasons, certainly he has lot of things to improve but saying he has average footballing IQ is too much of a criticism just to defend whoever they compare him too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NOBODYY: 9:25am On Aug 21, 2018
Neymar1095:

This dumb guy with zero knowledge about soccer, Only curses.... All you do is post crap and Immediately like it with your alternate accounts giving yourself Immediate 2 likes

Continue to dey deceive yourself

Last season:

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NOBODYY: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NOBODYY: 9:52am On Aug 21, 2018
Heywhizzy:

The pass accuracy for someone that specialize in picking out players in a crowded box can never be up to 90, his crossing is top notch, I remember him in Psg, picking out cavani with perfect crosses..His vision ain't poor, he's not indecisive in the final third, talks about him not being technically gifted are from ppl who are scared to rate him highly this early so they fill their critics with so many untrue Buts, he was caught out of position against Arsenal, against Huddersfield he was tactically discipline, why now lean to the previous one and make conclusive judgement

I'm not rating Mendy just yet but I see potentials of him being the best wing back in Epl, even in the world in coming seasons, certainly he has lot of things to improve but saying he has average footballing IQ is too much of a criticism just to defend whoever they compare him too

Mendy, PSG??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Unlimited22:

Here we go again.
d best reply 2 any of his comments is snub
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pharod(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2018
Heywhizzy:

The pass accuracy for someone that specialize in picking out players in a crowded box can never be up to 90, his crossing is top notch, I remember him in Psg, picking out cavani with perfect crosses.. His vision ain't poor, he's not indecisive in the final third, talks about him not being technically gifted are from ppl who are scared to rate him highly this early so they fill their critics with so many untrue Buts, he was caught out of position against Arsenal, against Huddersfield he was tactically discipline, why now lean to the previous one and make conclusive judgement

Oga come and explain this...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2018
So people just post stupid opinions to get replies and somehow feel relevant.

Snub abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:40am On Aug 21, 2018
Neymar1095:

Attention seeker.

Guys ignore this m u m u.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:40am On Aug 21, 2018
Heywhizzy:

I just want to understand exactly how Mendy got to PSG to pick out Cavani with perfect crosses.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2018
Neymar1095:

Now, this is the height of Tom foolery SMH

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2018
Guys I just saw some clips of John Arne Riise.
Man, how that guy didn't end up breaking a goalpost still beats me.
Jesu!!!! shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Unlimited22:
Guys I just saw some clips of John Arne Riise.
Man, how that guy didn't end up breaking a goalpost still beats me.
Jesu!!!! shocked

he broke Alan Smith's leg grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 21, 2018
Neymar1095:

somebody labeled you STUPID yesterday or so, i'm trying so hard not to believe.
I'm sure this guy na Arsenal or Manyoo fan for real life cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2018
Azpilicueta, the only defender you can trust as per one on one takeons in Chelsea.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5857) (5858) (5859) (5860) (5861) (5862) (5863) ... (19237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tobiboss(m), VillageBus(m), RevFrEbuka(m), Datakey and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.