Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10484003 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nihilist:
This is at odds with your original statement which was:

It isn't because this is the whole of what I said.

nateevs: Constantly marked out by 3 players, with little or no attacking support, reduces his overall influence on the game. If we gave teams another outlet of attack to worry about on the left, Hazard will be even more dangerous and consequently, more prolific.

Nihilist:
Like I said before, I don't see how an attacking full back would necessarily improve Hazard's numbers. Because at the end of the day, Hazard is moving from the free space of the wide areas into the heavily marked central areas. so skillful at it that defenders just cant stop him.

And I say again that this is not true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQ9AWwnA2Q

Watch how many times Hazard works the flanks. Hazard generally takes play where he choses. When he cuts in, there is a technicality to it. Hazard's game is not based on selfishness. So when he drifts play towards the middle, it is to find a team player. It is not with the intention of doing it all on his own. This means that if a player was bombing down the left, Hazard will drift play at times to the left where the player is. It's the intelligence in his play not a 'habit' of going into the crowd as you are trying to paint it.

Watch the video and see how many times Hazard works play to the flanks because a player is there.

The idea is an attacking LB who receives from play Hazard is likely to make many return passes to Hazard who is closest and quick enough to react. This gives Hazard time and space to shoot on goal. I cannot agree that an attacking LB will not improve Hazard's numbers. If you tell me that an attacking full back is not 'all' Hazard needs to increase prolificacy, I agree. But then again, I never said that.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
The Solution to our Shipping of goals on the counter is there on the Bench, yet Mou still dont wanna Use him.. The Solution is Mikel..

Drop that Ramires of a Winger and give Matic a Patner like Mikel, and Instruct Mikel to Sit back..

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
Bimfo: The Solution to our Shipping of goals on the counter is there on the Bench, yet Mou still dont wanna Use him.. The Solution is Mikel..

Drop that Ramires of a Winger and give Matic a Patner like Mikel, and Instruct Mikel to Sit back..

Exactly my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nihilist:

Sir Nateevs, I have to disagree with this.

Hazard loves to cut in....The very nature of his play dictates that he leaves the relatively free areas of the byline and move into central areas where the centrebacks and Defensive midfielders are waiting for him. A bombing full back is still occupied by the opposing fullbacks/wingers that Hazard already ran away from, and Hazard is still being marked by the people he ran to meet.

So I dont see how changing the fullback would necessarily improve Hazard's numbers...Infact,I would argue that a defensively solid FB like cesar is sorely needed...With Branislave bombing forward on the right, and Matic roaming and not sitting, It is very important to maintain the defensive balance

Bro there's no debating it, we've not been attacking with width down the left side of the pitch and this has seen Hazard 'suffer' in most games.

In order for a team to attack effectively, it has to create a good attacking shape that stretches the defense of the opposition. This is achieved by ensuring that the attacking team makes use full width of the field, and stretches the length or depth of the pitch.

In our case, this means that Ivanovic and Azpilicueta have to drop deep to create space in the center of the field, while Hazard et al push up the field as far as the opposition defense allows.

This hasn't been happening.

Even if I'm to agree with your assertion - that the very nature of Hazard's play is to run the channels, dont you think having a full-back who can draw the opposition defense out of their line and of course provide Hazard with extra-width would see the Belgian's figures soar?

Instead of Eden getting enough support upfield, we see him travelling all the way back to our own half to provide Ceasar with a defensive support - a tactic that has mitigated his chances of increasing his figures.

Instruct either of Di Maria or Muller to do that Hazard does for Chelsea and see their racked up figures hit rock bottom - no be joke.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
Just saw a 433 lineup on sky.

Fab-Rami-Matic

Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olaone1: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mata the passenger doing what he does best.

Coogar will soon start telling us how Matic is poor man's Blind again.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
The jokers have conceded 5 against Leicester. This time last week, they couldn't wait to face us.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
United team that is "better than Chelsea" is been molested by Leicester city

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ibime: Mata the passenger doing what he does best.

Coogar will soon start telling us how Matic is poor man's Blind again.

grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
nateevs: The jokers have conceded 5 against Leicester. This time last week, they couldn't wait to face us.

Lol!

They won 4nil against QPR, they were ready cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Team news: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Matic, Ramires, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Costa.

Nihilist it's surely a 4-3-3!

Mangala starts for Citeh. One to kick the living hell outta Costa I guess cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olaone1: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Time for Chelsea too. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
That game should be up there amongst the greatest EPL games of all time!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
AirborneLacer: Team news: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Matic, Ramires, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Costa.

Mangala starts for Citeh. One to kick the living hell outta Costa I guess cheesy

As expected!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olaone1: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
#Dorolosers

Chelsea mega
Chelsea super
Chelsea losers

Chelsea megasuperlosers cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Man utd??.... More like lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
Olaone1: #Dorolosers

Chelsea mega
Chelsea super
Chelsea losers

Chelsea megasuperlosers cheesy cheesy

Na who allow dis madt man leave Yaba Left ? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
AirborneLacer: Team news: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Matic, Ramires, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Costa.

4-3-3 away to City? I doubt that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mikeywise(m): 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
LiverPOO, manure and spurs all got defeated, I will take a draw from this city game.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
It's a 4-2-3-1. Willian in the hole. Ramires on the right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Which kain unrelenting pressure be this?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Willian need to keep his cool and do the damage.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
We are still not moving the ball well in attack against a big team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
nateevs: We are still not moving the ball well in attack against a big team.

How can we.... City are kicking us into submission
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
nateevs: We are still not moving the ball well in attack against a big team.

We're giving 'em too much respect.

If only Citeh would take foot off the gas - then we'd get a chance to move the ball well cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mike Dean is a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
mithel:

How can we.... City are kicking us into submission

That is not the reason we are misplacing obvious and simple.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
This guy just dey share yellow card sha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Na why I no like playing city be this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
This Ref has gambled!!!

He is bent on giving a red today!!!

Today that i bet against a red card. see yellow flying up and down

angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
First Corner for us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.