Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10545313 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6111) (6112) (6113) (6114) (6115) (6116) (6117) ... (19175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
kingBolton:

No, its my third language
Now please respond

Between Aug -Oct 2007, Fabregas had 10 goals in all competitions. He was the EPL player of the month in September (maybe even top scorer can't remember). Scored against United, Liverpool, Tottenham and so on. Arsenal were top of the league as well.

The goals will eventually dry up and so could Hazard's.

His fanboys should sit down and be humble.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
Greatihex:
pkasso, Eruditor, if you dont know how an argument started, Dont jump into it.

This is the post i initially quoted to make my claim and facts have shown that i am correct. If you dont agree, dispute it with facts.

I am baffled at the lack of understanding a lot of people display here.

On the contrary, if you don't know how to make factual logical arguments then leave it to the people who can. Coutinho14 said Messi is the best dribbler, one of the best passers and the best chance creator. You did nothing to refute his post.

You posted a screenshot saying since 2014 to 2017 Hazard cumulatively had more takeons than Messi. Why not start from 2012 and why not extend it till 2018?

Then you regurgitated the same thing with a shorter window (2015-2017) were Hazard had more take-ons than Messi and Neymar (both playing for the same team).

How you think these stats challenge the verisimilitude of Countinho14's post is what is baffling.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2018
Eruditor:

Between Aug -Oct 2007, Fabregas had 10 goals in all competitions. He was the EPL player of the month in September (maybe even top scorer can't remember). Scored against United, Liverpool, Tottenham and so on. Arsenal were top of the league as well.

humility is key.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2018
so many detectives and barristers here mehn
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
Greatihex:
pkasso, Eruditor, if you dont know how an argument started, Dont jump into it.

This is the post i initially quoted to make my claim and facts have shown that i am correct. If you dont agree, dispute it with facts.

I am baffled at the lack of understanding a lot of people display here.

To put things into perspective, if someone says Messi is still the best goal scorer in the world, it will be absolutely obtuse of anyone to bring a stat within say, March of 2018 when Salah had more goals than Messi to make an argument for Salah. When the season ended who eventually had more goals? Or is Mitrovic now better than CR7 since between Aug 12 -Oct 12 2018 he has scored 5 goals and CR7 has only 4?

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elampiro(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
pkasso:
Baba, you don come again grin grin

I was referring to that specific point in time. 2014 was a terrible year for Xavi and Barcelona. I even think the phrase I used at that time was 'the most complete midfielder in the world.' Vidal suffered a serious knee injury before the world cup and he never got back to his very best. Same thing that happened to Falcao.

Your Yaya Toure, which FifPro XI did he enter?
grin grin

It was you who claimed Vidal was best in the world. However, look below:

Toure
FIFPro World XI 2nd team: 2013, 2014, 2015

Vidal
FIFA FIFPro World XI 3rd team: 2015, 2016
FIFA FIFPro World XI 4th team: 2013, 2017
FIFA FIFPro World XI 5th team: 2014, 2018
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
Eruditor:

Fabregas had 10 goals in 15 matches from Aug - october
Hazard currently have 8 in 10 matches
So please tell me how fabregas goal scoring form was better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
kingBolton:

Fabregas had 10 goals in 15 matches from Aug - october
Hazard currently have 8 in 10 matches
So please tell me how fabregas goal scoring form was better.

This is where English being your first language would have helped.

I said "[Hazard] is not enjoying a better scoring form than Fabregas did that time between Aug-Oct".

I did not say Fabregas' form was better. Both were scoring almost every game and just like Fab's goals declined, Hazard could go the next 10 games without a goal. He has done it before.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2018
Eruditor:

This is where English being your first language would have helped.

I said "[Hazard] is not enjoying a better scoring form than Fabregas did that time between Aug-Oct".

I did not say Fabregas' form was better. Both were scoring almost every game and just like Fab's goals declined, Hazard could go the next 10 games without a goal. He has done it before.
And is this not totally false?
How can you say hazard who currently has 8 in 10 games is not enjoying a better goal scoring form than fabregas who had 10 in 15?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
kingBolton:

And is this not totally false?
How can you say hazard who currently has 8 in 10 games is not enjoying a better goal scoring form than Fabregas who had 10 in 15?

Fabregas had 7 goals and 7 assists in his first 10games of that season. Are you happy? And some of the goals were against Tottenham (away), Liverpool (away) and United (ahome).

Let us now wait for Hazard to get to game 15 and later 30 and then at the end of the season to see his "talent level".

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
elampiro:

It was you who claimed Vidal was best in the world. However, look below:

Toure
FIFPro World XI 2nd team: 2013, 2014, 2015

Vidal
FIFA FIFPro World XI 3rd team: 2015, 2016
FIFA FIFPro World XI 4th team: 2013, 2017
FIFA FIFPro World XI 5th team: 2014, 2018
And you said Yaya was the worst in the world, abi? grin

You clearly don't know my stance on the FifPro XI. I've never been a big supporter of the process and my reasons are well known. It's no more than a popularity contest. The latest edition showed how much of a farce it has descended to. Salah, the third best player of the year couldn't even make the first team. The less said about Dani Alves making the team, the better.

And you expect me to hold such as a flawless measure of a player's quality?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
Eruditor:

Fabregas had 7 goals and 7 assists in his first 10games of that season. Are you happy? And some of the goals were against Tottenham (away), Liverpool (away) and United (ahome).

Let us now wait for Hazard to get to game 15 and later 30 and then at the end of the season to see his "talent level".
You are now turning amala
You started with goal scoring form, and now you are adding assist because goal scoring form is not suiting your narrative?
I agree with rest of your point about the goals drying up tho

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
kingBolton:

You are now turning amala
You started with goal scoring form, and now you are adding assist because goal scoring form is not suiting your narrative?
I agree with rest of your point about the goals drying up tho

I am not changing the narrative. I said Hazard is not enjoying a better scoring form than Fabregas did (Aug-Oct) 2007/08 and you were trying to be exacting by telling me one was 8/10 and the other 10/15. I emulated you and added another factor.

if Hazard goes 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 and Fab went 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 hope you know their scoring forms are pretty much the same?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elampiro(m): 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
pkasso:
And you said Yaya was the worst in the world, abi? grin

You clearly don't know my stance on the FifPro XI. I've never been a big supporter of the process and my reasons are well known. It's no more than a popularity contest. The latest edition showed how much of a farce it has descended to. Salah, the third best player of the year couldn't even make the first team. The less said about Dani Alves making the team, the better.

And you expect me to hold such as a flawless measure of a player's quality?

FIFApro is voted by national team coaches and captains, it represents the most objective form of rating players in a given season. Do you want us to listen to your roadside ratings?

Your Vidal kept coming in 3rd, 4th and 5th teams grin So that is no mistake.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 10:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
. Eden Hazard says he will not move to Real Madrid in January, but agrees he might need to leave Chelsea to win the Ballon d'Or.

The 27-year-old attacker said earlier this month that joining Real had been his "dream since I was a kid".

Asked if he needed to play in Spain to win the game's top individual awards, Hazard smilingly replied "that's why I want to go, maybe".

The Belgian denied he would move in the January transfer window, however.

Hazard's contract at Stamford Bridge expires in June 2020 and reports in Spain claim Real Madrid are hopeful that Chelsea may sell at the end of this season for £70m rather than risk losing their star player a year later.

Real signed Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea in August for a reported £35m as the goalkeeper's contract entered its final year.

Hazard is the Premier League's top scorer with seven goals so far this season. That is as many goals as Real Madrid as a whole have scored in La Liga this term, with the European champions apparently struggling to adapt to life under new manager Julen Lopetegui and without forward Cristiano Ronaldo, who moved to Juventus in July.

Hazard, who was shortlisted for the men's award at the recent Fifa Best awards but failed to make the top three, was asked if he was the best player in the world on form. "Yes," he replied.

The forward has been at Chelsea since signing from Lille in 2012, scoring 76 goals in 216 league appearances.

What is wrong with this boy self.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
EvilMetahuman:

What is wrong with this boy self.
He wants to win the Ballon d'or
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
grin grin grin

6 pages of confusion.

Make I just enter my silent mode back.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
Let's see if Krzysztof Piatek actually lives up to his billing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 12:13am On Oct 13, 2018
Bimffo:
grin grin grin

6 pages of confusion.

Make I just enter my silent mode back.
let me follow u jare, at times I dhey wonder if this thread is about Hazard or Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:20am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

Fabregas has more assists and goals. Xavi did not but the burden of providing those rested more with one than another. One could argue that had Xavi added those to his game, he would have been the best player in his time at least once.

You cannot deny that the burden of providing those for CFC and Belgium rest on Eden. You know this, but want to excuse him of it and bring Zidane and Xavi who were exceptional at what was expected of them - never mind the extra they could not do CONSISTENTLY.

That is why it is criminally insulting to claim Hazard is on Messi's level barring goals and assists. While one has been top of every class in what was demanded of him and more, the other has been a potential since God knows when. We cannot compare Messi to a player who went 30 matches or so without a goal regardless of coach or playing style.

To make an argument for Hazard his numbers should be 25+ every season in a "defensive side" so that we can say in a more expansive side maybe he can get to 40. There is nothing we have seen that suggests he can except hype.

He is not enjoying a better scoring form than Fabregas did in 2007/08 particularly in the same Aug-October months. You people should just relax. He is a very good player but that is where it stops. No matter the periodic table you are looking at, he is not in Messi's group, period.

If we ask you to put your money to back this fallacy now, you will start writing a useless epistle that bores someone to death.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:39am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

I am not changing the narrative. I said Hazard is not enjoying a better scoring form than Fabregas did (Aug-Oct) 2007/08 and you were trying to be exacting by telling me one was 8/10 and the other 10/15. I emulated you and added another factor.

if Hazard goes 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 and Fab went 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 hope you know their scoring forms are pretty much the same?

You changed the narrative as nothing concerns assists with your goal scoring form.

Stop using IF statement. 8 in 10 is better than 10 in 15, not even considering sub-standard matches played in ucl qualifiers you smuggled in.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:51am On Oct 13, 2018
pkasso:
Why did Zidane not buy Hazard or even table an official bid all these years? He should have sold Isco and bought Hazard since he's so much of an upgrade on Isco. Everything na just talk. Which is cheap, by the way.

Abeg, can you tell me the number of matches Real has won since Isco got injured? Please feel free to tell me the number of goals they've scored since then. Don't worry, lemme help you. Zero!! 0 wins, 0 goals in 4 straight games without Isco. The last time Isco played was the last time they scored and won. That is to show how influential he is in this current Madrid side.

It's on record that Zidane is a huge Hazard fan, and you confirmed Isco was not in his good books. All what you typed didn't tell us why one of the contestants for the best coach of the decade had such judgement. Maybe Zidane is a lover of hazards type of shakushaku. Isco should spice his, up.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:53am On Oct 13, 2018
Afrodoc, afrodoc1, afrodoc2

Finally

Your boy Lingard, named epl player of the month. Congrats bro.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 12:59am On Oct 13, 2018
airmark:

You changed the narrative as nothing concerns assists with your goal scoring form.

Stop using IF statement. 8 in 10 is better than 10 in 15, not even considering sub-standard matches played in ucl qualifiers you smuggled in.

So why did he not make his assessment with Fabregas' first 10 games? To skew the point he was trying to make. And if you dare bring up sub-standard matches, common sense will laugh you out of the building. Cardiff fresh of Championship compared to a champion's league team? A player who was not the designated penalty taker? A midfielder? With his 7 assists to boot.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 1:02am On Oct 13, 2018
airmark:

If we ask you to put your money to back this fallacy now, you will start writing a useless epistle that bores someone to death.

The difference between your opinion and ice cream is that I care about ice cream.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 1:08am On Oct 13, 2018
It is only on Nairaland that Stupid and senseless arguments like "Hazard is on par with Messi talent Wise" you can't even hear this in a weed smoking joint

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:11am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

So why did he not make his assessment with Fabregas' first 10 games? To skew the point he was trying to make. And if you dare bring up sub-standard matches, common sense will laugh you out of the building. Cardiff fresh of Championship compared to a champion's league team? A player who was not the designated penalty taker? A midfielder? With his 7 assists to boot.

You chose the range Aug to Oct, nobody forced it on you. So, my niece in primary school will tell you 8 in 10 is a better scoring stat than 10 in 15 in that period. Your shouting assists at every opportunity won't save you. Take your L and bounce.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:16am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

The difference between your opinion and ice cream is that I care about ice cream.

All Kids care about ice cream.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 1:28am On Oct 13, 2018
airmark:

You chose the range Aug to Oct, nobody forced it on you. So, my niece in primary school will tell you 8 in 10 is a better scoring stat than 10 in 15 in that period. Your shouting assists at every opportunity won't save you. Take your L and bounce.

Don't be obtuse. You mentioned sub-standard UCL matches what does that have to do with scoring form?

obtusemark, I am the one to teach you that 8/10 is statistically better than 10/15. You once argued here that 2 UCLs in 3 years was = 2 in 22 years.

eff off.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 1:30am On Oct 13, 2018
Unlimited22, Wallahi you will be doing a lot of favour to humanity if you can render free eye treatment service for your co-fans here. Mehhnn they need to get fairly used eyes to replace the malfunctioning ones they are using.

Nihilist, Nihilistjnr...

At first, I thought you were on usual trolling tour when you said "Messi and Hazard are on the level/ bracket using the talent's parameter. But when I saw how adamant and hell-bent you are, then I had to take you serious.

There are some matters you discussed that looked Ambiguous and obscure at the same time, you mischievously put Hazard and Messi in the same bracket, without comprehensively specifying the accurate parameter used to jump into such gruesome and ridiculous conclusion. Firstly, I will need you to answer this to shed more light to blazing debate.

What is your definition of TALENT

As a football analyst, what are the basic skill sets and techniques you must possess before you could tag someone as a " talented player"

On a scale of 1-10, how talented is Messi and Talented is Hazard...

Your assertions are nothing but blasphemy to football and a slap to all Homo sapiens with brains.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:35am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

[s]Don't be obtuse. You mentioned sub-standard UCL matches what does that have to do with scoring form?

obtusemark, I am the one to teach you that 8/10 is statistically better than 10/15. You once argued here that 2 UCLs in 3 years was = 2 in 22 years.

eff off[/s].

Is Hazards scoring form in Aug - Oct 2018 better than fabregas' in Aug - Oct 2007?

You will just type rubbish and think here is like arsenal thread, full of zombies. Elruditor. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 1:38am On Oct 13, 2018
airmark:

Is Hazards scoring form in Aug - Oct 2018 better than fabregas' in Aug - Oct 2007?

You will just type rubbish and think here is like arsenal thread, full of zombies. Elruditor. cheesy

His scoring form is not better. Fabregas' is not worse either using a justified term of reference.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6111) (6112) (6113) (6114) (6115) (6116) (6117) ... (19175) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: LUGER(m), USAfall2024, Shegzdave, swiz123(m), Kilishihunter and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.