Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10541517 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6112) (6113) (6114) (6115) (6116) (6117) (6118) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 1:50am On Oct 13, 2018
On a lighter note...

I think anybody who supports the "Hazard and Messi are on the same talent bracket" should not be taken serious again.

To be a Ronaldo or Messi is not a day job, and comparing them to any active Footballer is a blasphemy to football, let alone Hazard, someone who has some fvvvvvvking 8 UCL goals Haba!!!

What segregates the duo from many other footballers are their talents, hard work and CONSISTENCY. Scoring 50+ for roughly 10 years in a row is a laudable act no matter which team you are playing for. If It is that easy, Great players like Ronaldinho, Figo, fat Ronaldo, Rivaldo etc all have played for Barca and Madrid but didn't manage to replicate such a ridiculous feat.

Salah tried it last season but he has been given the "Messi/ Ronaldo treatments" this season and as a consequence he hasn't literally started the season just yet...

There are levels to this shiiiit,

Ronaldo/ Messi are on a different level.

Grizemann, Hazard, Neymar, De bruyne, Another level.

Bale, Reus, mbappe,Coutinho etc are also on another level...

so stop mixing them together.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 1:53am On Oct 13, 2018
It's 'impossible' to be compared to Messi, says Hazard

The Belgium star believes that the people who compare him to the Barcelona and Argentina star are being far too generous.

Belgium and Chelsea attacker Eden Hazard thinks comparisons to Lionel Messi are wide of the mark because the Barcelona star scores in almost every match.

Hazard has often been likened to the Argentina international due to his style of play and technical ability on the ball.
Praise for the Belgian was particularly frequent last term when he scored 16 times in Chelsea's Premier League-winning campaign.

But Hazard is adamant that, aside from their physical stature and tendency to dribble, he and similar players are not of Messi's ilk.
"We cannot be compared to Messi," Hazard told reporters on Monday. "It's impossible. We're small and we're quick, but he scores in all the matches."

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/its-impossible-to-be-compared-to-messi-says-hazard/1may3njqjca021knrmt3mt6zqn

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:58am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

His scoring form is not better. Fabregas' is not worse either using a justified term of reference.

cheesy

Go get ice cream
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:02am On Oct 13, 2018
airmark:

cheesy

Go get ice cream

Or maybe I should make a long post and hope it bores you to literal death grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 2:59am On Oct 13, 2018
airmark:

It's on record that Zidane is a huge Hazard fan, and you confirmed Isco was not in his good books. All what you typed didn't tell us why one of the contestants for the best coach of the decade had such judgement. Maybe Zidane is a lover of hazards type of shakushaku. Isco should spice his, up.
You still haven't told me why Zizou didn't splash out the cash on Hazard. Talk is cheap. Why did Real under Zidane fail to make a single bid for Hazard all these years?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 3:51am On Oct 13, 2018
elampiro:

FIFApro is voted by national team coaches and captains, it represents the most objective form of rating players in a given season. Do you want us to listen to your roadside ratings?

Your Vidal kept coming in 3rd, 4th and 5th teams grin So that is no mistake.
Mr elampiro, I put it to you that YOU NO KNOW BALL. You can't even tell the difference between the FIFA's Best award and the FIFPro XI.

The voting processes are not the same. The FIFPro XI is voted for by every professional footballer who is a member of the FIFPro body. Which means it's pretty much open to anyone and everyone to vote.

I could be plying my trade in the second division in Guatemala and still get to vote for my favorite players, who might not necessarily be the best players that year but based on their reputation or fame, they make the team. Some of these voting players are not as informed or knowledgeable as the average football fan. As long as the player is popular, they vote for him without considering the actual level of his performances. Or how do you explain Alves making the team despite not playing up to 15 games and being out injured for 6 months?

It is a subjective form of rating players, not an objective one. I understand that it's for the players only but that lack of exclusivity reflects in the quality of the voting at times.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 6:52am On Oct 13, 2018
Upnepaa:
On a lighter note...

I think anybody who supports the "Hazard and Messi are on the same talent bracket" should not be taken serious again.

To be a Ronaldo or Messi is not a day job, and comparing them to any active Footballer is a blasphemy to football, let alone Hazard, someone who has some fvvvvvvking 8 UCL goals Haba!!!

What segregates the duo from many other footballers are their talents, hard work and CONSISTENCY. Scoring 50+ for roughly 10 years in a row is a laudable act no matter which team you are playing for. If It is that easy, Great players like Ronaldinho, Figo, fat Ronaldo, Rivaldo etc all have played for Barca and Madrid but didn't manage to replicate such a ridiculous feat.

Salah tried it last season but he has been given the "Messi/ Ronaldo treatments" this season and as a consequence he hasn't literally started the season just yet...

There are levels to this shiiiit,

Ronaldo/ Messi are on a different level.

Grizemann, Hazard, Neymar, Pogba,De bruyne, Another level.

Bale, Reus, mbappe,Coutinho etc are also on another level...

so stop mixing them together.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Excallibur(m): 7:14am On Oct 13, 2018
Roland17:
Brace yourselves for Hazard v Usain Bolt argument grin grin

Bad guy... U just drop pot and turning stick run comot grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2018
SIRcumalot:

grin
I saw what you did there. . grin You casually slotted Pogba in among Hazard, Neymar and KDB. Anybody wey no read the first post well go think say na the guy write am. Alakoba grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:34am On Oct 13, 2018
Upnepaa:
Unlimited22, Wallahi you will be doing a lot of favour to humanity if you can render free eye treatment service for your co-fans here. Mehhnn they need to get fairly used eyes to replace the malfunctioning ones they are using.

Nihilist, Nihilistjnr...

At first, I thought you were on usual trolling tour when you said "Messi and Hazard are on the level/ bracket using the talent's parameter. But when I saw how adamant and hell-bent you are, then I had to take you serious.

There are some matters you discussed that looked Ambiguous and obscure at the same time, you mischievously put Hazard and Messi in the same bracket, without comprehensively specifying the accurate parameter used to jump into such gruesome and ridiculous conclusion. Firstly, I will need you to answer this to shed more light to blazing debate.

What is your definition of TALENT

As a football analyst, what are the basic skill sets and techniques you must possess before you could tag someone as a " talented player"

On a scale of 1-10, how talented is Messi and Talented is Hazard...

Your assertions are nothing but blasphemy to football and a slap to all Homo sapiens with brains.

Fifa 19 do a good job of quantifying talent in different parameters like you requested

Go and check Messi and Hazard ratings there.

Messi’s Overall rating is 94. Hazard is 91.

Blasphemy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:38am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

On the contrary, if you don't know how to make factual logical arguments then leave it to the people who can. Coutinho14 said Messi is the best dribbler, one of the best passers and the best chance creator. You did nothing to refute his post.

You posted a screenshot saying since 2014 to 2017 Hazard cumulatively had more takeons than Messi. Why not start from 2012 and why not extend it till 2018?

Then you regurgitated the same thing with a shorter window (2015-2017) were Hazard had more take-ons than Messi and Neymar (both playing for the same team).

How you think these stats challenge the verisimilitude of Countinho14's post is what is baffling.
okay. Can you prove how messi is the Best dribbler and Best chance creator in the world.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:41am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

To put things into perspective, if someone says Messi is still the best goal scorer in the world, it will be absolutely obtuse of anyone to bring a stat within say, March of 2018 when Salah had more goals than Messi to make an argument for Salah. When the season ended who eventually had more goals? Or is Mitrovic now better than CR7 since between Aug 12 -Oct 12 2018 he has scored 5 goals and CR7 has only 4?
okay. No problem, bring your own facts and show us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2018
airmark:

You changed the narrative as nothing concerns assists with your goal scoring form.

Stop using IF statement. 8 in 10 is better than 10 in 15, not even considering sub-standard matches played in ucl qualifiers you smuggled in.
hazard has started only 6 of the 10 matches.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:01am On Oct 13, 2018
Upnepaa:
It's 'impossible' to be compared to Messi, says Hazard

The Belgium star believes that the people who compare him to the Barcelona and Argentina star are being far too generous.

Belgium and Chelsea attacker Eden Hazard thinks comparisons to Lionel Messi are wide of the mark because the Barcelona star scores in almost every match.

Hazard has often been likened to the Argentina international due to his style of play and technical ability on the ball.
Praise for the Belgian was particularly frequent last term when he scored 16 times in Chelsea's Premier League-winning campaign.

But Hazard is adamant that, aside from their physical stature and tendency to dribble, he and similar players are not of Messi's ilk.
"We cannot be compared to Messi," Hazard told reporters on Monday. "It's impossible. We're small and we're quick, but he scores in all the matches."

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/its-impossible-to-be-compared-to-messi-says-hazard/1may3njqjca021knrmt3mt6zqn

Hazard is even aware of Messi scoring prowess is the reason they can not be compared. He went further to say it is a complement to be mentioned alongside Messi. Hazard cited similarity in talent at the second emboldened which we all have been saying.

I repeat, Hazard to be likened to Messi style of play is a complement and not comparison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2018
Well, Pogba=Zidane

talent wise cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 8:39am On Oct 13, 2018
Apostle Skimpledawg , do something.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by randomperson: 8:39am On Oct 13, 2018
hensben:
Hazard is even aware of Messi scoring prowess is the reason they can not be compared. He went further to say it is a complement to be mentioned alongside Messi. Hazard cited similarity in talent at the second emboldened which we all have been saying.

I repeat, Hazard to be likened to Messi style of play is a complement and not comparison.

It's not only goal scoring that separates messi from hazard.

Messi's passing is vastly superior to Hazard's... Not to mention free kicks and general decision making...

If it was only goal scoring sef, it will still be a very big difference because their goal scoring stats are not close at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2018
Airmark on the beats

That one has biblical skills in turning amala grin

Welcome back sir!
How was the honeymoon sir?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:49am On Oct 13, 2018
elrony:
Apostle Skimpledawg , do something.
What to do Apostle! undecided

Even the Bible told us that there are stiffnecked people who would want to follow their own ways even after hearing the gospel.

But, continuous preaching of the gospel is a must!

Finally, I have seen the light! Nihilistjnr is a prophet of doom grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 8:58am On Oct 13, 2018
When apari turns his Amala it's funny because you know that he is turning his Amala and it's interesting because he will drag you into a hole and provoke you to argue more

Nihilist own eh, he is already inside the hole of his point, he will drag you deeper and deeper, as long as his premise sticks, he doesn't care how deep he takes you, una no go kill person with laughter

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 9:00am On Oct 13, 2018
Skimpledawg:
Airmark on the beats

Welcome back sir!
may God forgive you, the greatest Amala Turner that ever lived is Moses
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:52am On Oct 13, 2018
pkasso:

You still haven't told me why Zizou didn't splash out the cash on Hazard. Talk is cheap. Why did Real under Zidane fail to make a single bid for Hazard all these years?

Answering this question is inconsequential as it won't negate the fact that Zizou publicly confirmed his love for Hazard, while you told us he disliked Isco.

We've had cases where a coach would want a certain player but the club would refuse to splash the money for reasons best known to them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:59am On Oct 13, 2018
Skimpledawg:
Airmark on the beats

Welcome back sir!

I never used stirrer in the past 5 months, I don't know what you are talking about sir.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2018
Shechenko is saying what we have been saying. Load of goals is only Hazard default.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2018
airmark:

Answering this question is inconsequential as it won't negate the fact that Zizou publicly confirmed his love for Hazard, while you told us he disliked Isco.

We've had cases where a coach would want a certain player but the club would refuse to splash the money for reasons best known to them.

Its smple, over the years real got cr7 and Bale so you expect them to still splash cash on Hazard. As you rightly said, zidane may want Hazard but real have the final say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2018
Eruditor:

Fabregas has more assists and goals. Xavi did not but the burden of providing those rested more with one than another. One could argue that had Xavi added those to his game, he would have been the best player in his time at least once.

You cannot deny that the burden of providing those for CFC and Belgium rest on Eden. You know this, but want to excuse him of it and bring Zidane and Xavi who were exceptional at what was expected of them - never mind the extra they could not do CONSISTENTLY.

That is why it is criminally insulting to claim Hazard is on Messi's level barring goals and assists. While one has been top of every class in what was demanded of him and more, the other has been a potential since God knows when. We cannot compare Messi to a player who went 30 matches or so without a goal regardless of coach or playing style.

To make an argument for Hazard his numbers should be 25+ every season in a "defensive side" so that we can say in a more expansive side maybe he can get to 40. There is nothing we have seen that suggests he can except hype.

He is not enjoying a better scoring form than Fabregas did in 2007/08 particularly in the same Aug-October months. You people should just relax. He is a very good player but that is where it stops. No matter the periodic table you are looking at, he is not in Messi's group, period.

Trust me there is equal rebuttal to splash here but then am more concerned about been called names from the belligerents from other thread who simple comprehension has eluded.so my gee make we agree to disagree.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:48am On Oct 13, 2018
Sarri: “Hazard is immense and I don’t think even he knows how
much he can still improve. He could end up in a circle of the best 3
players in the world. The problem is he plays to enjoy himself and at
times doesn’t realise the importance of moving from fun to reaping
the rewards"

Sarri: "At the end of the day, you’ve got to get the fruits of your
labour. Hazard’s approach is a positive, but it can become a
potential limitation too. He needs to lift his head up, look around &
realise there’s a whole world in front of him that he can dictate with
his feet"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2018
Please where is diggz?

I've been off and on for quite a while now so...

I've not read his comment here since, wetin happen?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2018
Skimpledawg:

What to do Apostle! undecided

Even the Bible told us that there are stiffnecked people who would want to follow their own ways even after hearing the gospel.

But, continuous preaching of the gospel is a must!

Finally, I have seen the light! Nihilistjnr is a prophet of doom grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Peace be unto you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2018
timbros:
Please where is diggz?

I've been off and on for quite a while now so...

I've not read his comment here since, wetin happen?

TiLbros! !! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:18am On Oct 13, 2018
elrony:

TiLbros! !! grin
You mean LiLbros? cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2018
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11524909/eden-hazard-reveals-jose-mourinho-regret-i-want-to-work-with-him-again

"In 12 years I've only had one bad season, the last six months under Mourinho, and it was partly my own fault," he said. "After the title, we asked Mourinho for extra holidays. I came back totally out of shape."
He added: "The last season under Mourinho was not enjoyable. We didn't win, we got into a sort of routine, training without having fun, it was better for all parties that we parted ways. But if I'm asked now about one coach with whom I want to work again, I would say Mourinho.
Hazard says he needs to move to Spain to win the Ballon d'Or - but insists he won't be leaving Chelsea in January
"I don't regret many things in my career, but that I have not been able to work with Mourinho at Chelsea anymore is one of them. We had a team that could win more trophies. We just ended up in a negative cycle.
"I sent him a message to say I was sorry he had gone and that I was sorry. We'd enjoyed all that success together, but this time we hadn't. I felt a little bit guilty because I'd been player of the year. I'd been one of the most decisive players, and then I performed less."
Mourinho's position as Manchester United manager has come under scrutiny following their worst start to a Premier League season in what is his third year at the club, though
the board continue to back him publicly.
A look back at Jose Mourinho and Paul Pogba's relationship since the Frenchman's return to Manchester United in 2016
His relationship with Paul Pogba has also appeared strained, having stripped the player of the vice-captaincy and been involved in a
frosty exchange on the training ground - captured by Sky Sports News' cameras.
Pogba had urged Mourinho to adopt a more attacking approach at Old Trafford.
VOTE: Is Hazard currently world's best?
But Hazard, who is enjoying life under Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri and has eight goals in 10 matches this season, has come to the defence of Mourinho's playing style.
"Mourinho's image of an extremely defensive coach isn't completely right," Hazard said.
"He is far from adventurous like Pep Guardiola, but the season in which we became champions, we have made many goals and played good games."

(1) (2) (3) ... (6112) (6113) (6114) (6115) (6116) (6117) (6118) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.