Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10540706 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6116) (6117) (6118) (6119) (6120) (6121) (6122) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 8:38am On Oct 16, 2018
cool

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
On today's episode of how crap was Paul Scholes...

If you were looking for the player you would replace Keane with, it's Gerrard, without question," . "He has become the most influential player in England, bar none.

"Not that Vieira lacks anything, but I think that Gerrard does more for his team than Vieira does.

"To me, Gerrard is Keane; he is now where Keane was when Roy came to us in 1994. I've watched him quite a lot, and everywhere the ball is, he seems to be there.

"He's got that unbelievable engine, desire, determination. Anyone would take Gerrard.

"Vieira has done that job for Arsenal for two or three years. But you can see Gerrard rising and rising."

- Alex Ferguson 2004
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:
On today's episode of how crap was Paul Scholes...

If you were looking for the player you would replace Keane with, it's Gerrard, without question," . "He has become the most influential player in England, bar none.

"Not that Vieira lacks anything, but I think that Gerrard does more for his team than Vieira does.

"To me, Gerrard is Keane; he is now where Keane was when Roy came to us in 1994. I've watched him quite a lot, and everywhere the ball is, he seems to be there.

"He's got that unbelievable engine, desire, determination. Anyone would take Gerrard.

"Vieira has done that job for Arsenal for two or three years. But you can see Gerrard rising and rising."

- Alex Ferguson 2004
fergie was probably high on chewing gum, if not he brought scholes out of retirement to win the league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
sod09:
fergie was probably high on chewing gum, if not he brought scholes out of retirement to win the league.

who knows...maybe if he was able to sign Gerrard, they might have done better in UCL.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:

who knows...maybe if he was able to sign Gerrard, they might have done better in UCL.
everyone knows he like steve. G but he wasn't fair on scholes. keane cant even tidy viera only agidi he got IMO
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:

With scholes, he had two and playing in 4 finals, Liverpool with Steve had one playing in two finals

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jemi7:

With scholes, he had two and playing in 4 finals, Liverpool with Steve had one playing in two finals

We should also not forget the numerous EPL titles Scholes helped Man Utd win and the one Gerrard helped Liverpool lose.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
You scummies questioning Ferguson now? cheesy

Gerrard has become the most influential player in England, bar none
- Alex Ferguson, 2004

I'm sure scholes was alive in 2004 cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jemi7:

That's the same win ratio of 1 in 2 cheesy

Maybe with Gerrard on the roster, it could have been 3 in 4.

Ferguson was begging Gerrard for a reason. cheesy

My agent, Struan Marshall, told me that, under Fergie, United had a decent pop at trying to sign me. Gary Neville would knock at my door during England camps.
“He’d come in for a chat and let me know how much United would love me to play for them. Gary told me Fergie had sent him.”
- Steven Gerrard
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:
You scummies questioning Ferguson now? cheesy

Gerrard has become the most influential player in England, bar none
- Alex Ferguson, 2004

I'm sure scholes was alive in 2004 cheesy

2004 when Fergie was trying to use any tactic including flattery to enable him replace the ageing Roy Keane with Gerrard?

You wouldn’t know this because you were still a Leicester fan then and you guys had your hands full with relegation battles. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Lmao grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
sod09:
are you minding your guys, that's how your uncle said Bellotti is the next best thing look at Paco too firing anyhow

Your spineless club stormed Turin begging everybody in Torino, with €65m, to sign the next best thing last year, but got rubbished as a small club. You had to turn to the likes of lacasera after the disgraceful rejection.

Maybe the uncle in your post, was someone from the emirates.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
afrodoc2:

2004 when Fergie was trying to use any tactic including flattery to enable him replace the ageing Roy Keane with Gerrard?

You wouldn’t know this because you were still a Leicester fan then and you guys had your hands full with relegation battles. cheesy

Actually, those comments came a full year AFTER Ferguson had already tried to sign Gerrard twice, including offering him a 7 year contract.

Where have you heard of a player being given a 7 year contract before apart from Arizabalaga?

I was a Chelsea fan by 02/03 btw cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:

Actually, those comments came a full year AFTER Ferguson had already tried to sign Gerrard twice, including offering him a 7 year contract.

Where have you heard of a player being given a 7 year contract before apart from Arizabalaga?

I was a Chelsea fan by 02/03 btw cheesy

But all you have shown is that Fergie was desperate to replace Keane with Gerrard to come and play BESIDE Scholes.

Keane was in his 30s, Scholes was 30 and Gerrard was 24.

This was Fergie just being Fergie.

And Fergie was always ready to get him even then.
Do you know how many different times and over how many years Fergie tried to sign Shearer?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
afrodoc2:

We should also not forget the numerous EPL titles Scholes helped Man Utd win and the one Gerrard helped Liverpool lose.

Not forgetting the one that "slipped" away
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jemi7:

Not forgetting the one that "slipped" away

Lol it has never slipped Gerrard’s memory.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:

That's the same win ratio of 1 in 2 cheesy

Maybe with Gerrard on the roster, it could have been 3 in 4.

Ferguson was begging Gerrard for a reason. cheesy

My agent, Struan Marshall, told me that, under Fergie, United had a decent pop at trying to sign me. Gary Neville would knock at my door during England camps.
“He’d come in for a chat and let me know how much United would love me to play for them. Gary told me Fergie had sent him.”
- Steven Gerrard

Playing in 4 finals and winning 2
Playing in 2 finals and winning 1

I sure do know what "Better in the Champions League" is. It seems afrodoc has got this handled, so I will leave you two.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
afrodoc2:

But all you have shown is that Fergie was desperate to replace Keane with Gerrard to come and play BESIDE Scholes.

Keane was in his 30s, Scholes was 30 and Gerrard was 24.

This was Fergie just being Fergie.

And Fergie was always ready to get him even then.
Do you know how many different times and over how many years Fergie tried to sign Shearer?

What does that have to do with the fact that Ferguson called Gerrard the most influential player in England, when Scholes was under his nose?

And what does replacing Keane have to do with anything?

So Only Gerrard should play in midfield ni? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2018
afrodoc2:

Lol it has never slipped Gerrard’s memory.

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jemi7:

Playing in 4 finals and winning 2
Playing in 2 finals and winning 1

I sure do know what "Better in the Champions League" is. It seems afrodoc has got this handled, so I will leave you two.

That's still a 1 in 2 success rate so I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove.

At the time sef, Scholes was a UCL winner, and Gerrard had not yet won the competition, whan Ferguson called him the most influential player in England.

Ferguson is a club legend and the most successful manager in the history of your club - I will take his opinion over yours any day

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
airmark:

Your spineless club stormed Turin begging everybody in Torino, with €65m, to sign the next best thing last year, but got rubbished as a small club. You had to turn to the likes of lacasera after the disgraceful rejection.

Maybe the uncle in your post, was someone from the emirates.
oga story for the gods
Let's compare Welbeck to Bellotti not even lacazette
Every knows wengay is brain dead, that was how he wanted to buy Lemar 98m

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:

That's still a 1 in 2 success rate so I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove.

At the time sef, Scholes was a UCL winner, and Gerrard had not yet won the competition, whan Ferguson called him the most influential player in England.

Ferguson is a club legend and the most successful manager in the history of your club - I will take his opinion over yours any day

"who knows...maybe if he was able to sign Gerrard, they might have done better in UCL."

So how is it that we might have done better in the Uefa Champions League with Steve in the team? When he had the same win ratio of 1 in 2? With Liverpool? How would he have made United better in the Champions League?

Taking away the number of times both won it, United with scholes played in 4 finals while Liverpool with Steve played in 2 finals, in the space of 13 years Scholes had already been to 4 finals, Steve 2, while one was being brought out of retirement to help win the league, the other was struggling to make top 4 and slipping away the title 3 years after the former retired.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jemi7:

"who knows...maybe if he was able to sign Gerrard, they might have done better in UCL."

So how is it that we might have done better in the Uefa Champions League with Steve in the team? When he had the same win ratio of 1 in 2? .

Had Kyle Walker won EPL before he joined Man City? Had Suarez won UCL before he joined Barca? Had Pogba won Europa before he joined Manyoo?

Does Gerrard have to have won UCL before he could improve Manyoo as a team? cheesy

Your manager was offering Gerrard a 7 yeard contract years before the guy even won UCL, so i dont know why a simple statement like Gerrard might have helped Manyoo do better in UCL seems to be confusing you

Taking away the number of times both won it, United with scholes played in 4 finals while Liverpool with Steve played in 2 finals, in the space of 13 years Scholes had already been to 4 finals, Steve 2, while one was being brought out of retirement to help win the league, the other was struggling to make top 4 and slipping away the title 3 years after the former retired.

Scholes played in a better team than Gerrard throughout their entire career so that means nothing. When they played together for England, it was Scholes that was chased away...and dont pretend you didnt just see Scholes Manager call Gerrard the most influential player in England, when Scholes was still at manyoo.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
sod09:
oga story for the gods
Let's compare Welbeck to Bellotti not even lacazette
Every knows wengay is brain dead, that was how he wanted to buy Lemar 98m

Ok I understand.

sod09:
Lacazette e no go better for you oo angry

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:

Had Kyle Walker won EPL before he joined Man City? Had Suarez won UCL before he joined Barca? Had Pogba joined Europa before he joined Manyoo?

Does Gerrard have to have won UCL before he could improve the team?

Your manager was offering Gerrard a 7 yeard contract years before the guy even won UCL, so i dont know why a simple statement like Gerrard might have helped Manyoo do better in UCL seems to be confusing you

Scholes played in a better team than Gerrard throughout their entire career so that means nothing. When they played together for England, it was Scholes that was chased away...and dont pretend you didnt just see Scholes Manager call Gerrard the most influential player in England, when Scholes was still at manyoo.

Your greatest ever manager once said Hazard is on the same level as Ronaldo, Do you agree?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
airmark:

Ok I understand.

im done with you on this one.... what kind of person drag last season to win an argument
i can really see why raumdeuter is giving you hard time, you clearly know nothing im sorry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jemi7:

Your greatest ever manager once said Hazard is on the same level as Ronaldo, Do you agree?

Is Mourinho greater than Ferguson?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
Being the most influential does not mean being the better player though. This debate would have been meaningful if Gerrard was supposed to replace Scholes.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
sod09:
im done with you on this one.... what kind of person drag last season to win an argument
i can really see why raumdeuter is giving you hard time, you clearly know nothing im sorry
cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
eph12:

cheesy
the guy no sabi ball jare...very annoying comment from him angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
nihilistjnr:

Is Mourinho greater than Ferguson?

Is Ferguson Chelsea's greatest ever manager? Your greatest ever manager while he was at Chelsea said Hazard is on the same level as Ronaldo, Do you agree?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
sod09:

3 months of lacasera this season, won't be enough to erase the curse you placed on his head for relegating your team to Europa. You should have learnt from Moratas abracadabra, early last season. Your own season starts in August and ends in October.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6116) (6117) (6118) (6119) (6120) (6121) (6122) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibunkun1(m), BlueAngel444, drisham(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.