Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7092) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10500346 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7089) (7090) (7091) (7092) (7093) (7094) (7095) ... (19147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
larride:

You are saying rubbish. Spurs scored 3 goals. 3.

Stop saying rubbish.

The handle of a United fan but the brain of a Shekpite.

What are the 3 goals? Describe them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
Eruditor:

What is shot on target? Do you know for example that when a ball hits the bar it is not counted as a shot on target? Or if a player rounds the keeper and misses the post it is not a shot on target?

I should be asking you if you watched the game.

That’s why I’m asking you if you watch the match.

Did any City shot hit the post yesterday?

Did any City player round the keeper and misses the post?

So I ask again how is 8-6 goal on target means the team that had 6 goal on target was demolished? How?

Leave that canopy and look for good TV to buy.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Eruditor:

The handle of a United fan but the brain of a Shekpite.

What are the 3 goals? Describe them.

I should describe the 3 goals for you?

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
larride:

That’s why I’m asking you if you watch the match.

Did any City shot hit the post yesterday?

Did any City player round the keeper and misses the post?

So I ask again how is 8-6 goal on target means the team that had 6 goal on target was demolished? How?

Leave that canopy and look for good TV to buy.

Don't worry about the TV I use. I am good trust me. If a Spurs player hits a cross from a dead ball and Ederson holds it, it is a shot on target as long as it was in the direction of the post. If a player uses his hand to push a ball into the post, it is a shot on target. If a defender clears his lines wrongly and the ball falls to a striker who shoots, it is a shot on target.

So dumbing down an argument to 8-6 shots on target is dumb. There are many other metrics to determine being outplayed right?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
larride:

I should describe the 3 goals for you?

grin

So if people are talking about Messi's brilliance they will also mention the 2nd goal against De Gea?

So what point are you trying to make? Anybody can have 3 goals. The question is HOW did they come about?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
A40:
Pochettino

Lol. Kenneth Andersson from way back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
Eruditor:

Gifted to them how? Mehn, I don't have energy for all these biased and hate-driven arguments.

When you are tired of being happy City didn't qualify, watch that match again. Tottenham were supposed to be set up to frustrate City and hit them on the break. Yet they were being dissected and torn apart time after time after time. Yet you are here telling me Tottenham did not play badly because City's best CB was awful yesterday and a handball goal was allowed yet that same handball would have been called a penalty going by the same rules if it hit a City player's hand first.

Simply because I don't agree with you...doesn't make my position hate driven. You are way too emotional man, but Las Las...you go dey alright.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
diggz:

Simply because I don't agree with you...doesn't make my position hate driven. You are way too emotional man, but Las Las...you go dey alright.

LOL @emotional.

All these blackmail because I would not baulk.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
Abeg the people wey promise to cannibalize themselves and chop hands should do the needful and upload video make we confirm.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
Eruditor:

Don't worry about the TV I use. I am good trust me. If a Spurs player hits a cross from a dead ball and Ederson holds it, it is a shot on target as long as it was in the direction of the post. If a player uses his hand to push a ball into the post, it is a shot on target. If a defender clears his lines wrongly and the ball falls to a striker who shoots, it is a shot on target.

So dumbing down an argument to 8-6 shots on target is dumb. There are many other metrics to determine being outplayed right?

So out of all these instance you listed, show me the one that applied to the City v Spurs match.

What are the other metrics that determine being outplayed? Possession?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
Eruditor:

LOL @emotional.

All these blackmail because I would not baulk.

OK
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
afrodoc2:

Abeg the people wey promise to cannibalize themselves and chop hands should do the needful and upload video make we confirm.

Ogbeni still busy dey blow grammar upandan...e even don say him go use epistles use bet say city go win ucl next season....mscheeeeew
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
Eruditor you need rest bro.

Which one be explain the three goals again?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ibime

Suspended CJN Onnoghen has being found Guilty by the CCT for false declaration of assets and ordered his removal as the Chief Justice of Nigeria, he is also banned from holding public office for the next 10 years and all the money found in the 5 account traced to him be forfeited to the FG.

This man should have resigned honorably when the new broke out. cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
larride:

So out of all these instance you listed, show me the one that applied to the City v Spurs match.

What are the other metrics that determine being outplayed? Possession?

Danny Rose free kick. Shot on target. Laporte mistake(s). 2 shots on target. Llorente Handball. Shot on target. Eriksen from almost centre circle. Shot on target. Raheem goal..offisde. No shot on target. Etc

What determines being outplayed? Lol.

Eye test. Chances created. Clear cut chances created. Possession in key areas. Corners. Final 3rd presence. Blocks by defenders and saves by opposing keeper. Being taken off ones stride. Forced to kick the ball into row Z at almost every opportunity. Shots at goal etc etc.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
diggz:

Ogbeni still busy dey blow grammar upandan...e even don say him go use epistles use bet say city go win ucl next season....mscheeeeew

Can you bring any post where I said I will eat my hand should City not qualify past Tottenham?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2019
Credits to Spurs and Pochettino for their performance last night, over two games they were the better side.
Having said the above it is important to state why Guardiola lost the game.
When I saw the lineup and Gundogan deployed as holding midfielder instead of Fernandinho I said to a friend that Pep has lost the game because Gundogan is not suitable to that role as he is more of a box-to-box midfielder and lacks the positional discipline to play in that role. In the end, it proved costly.
Dropping Sane for Bernardo Silva was another blunder Sane's pace would've made it difficult for Spurs fullbacks does making Son and Moura focus on tracking the runs of Sterling and Sane.
Stones should have played ahead of Kompany or Laporte I don't know if he was injured but his recovery speed and long-passing skill are better than those of the mentioned players.

In the end, overconfidence killed Pep and Man City, not VAR or luck.
Eruditor you said no excuses last week but this week you are making silly excuses, isn't this doublespeak?

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
diggz:

Ibime don warn am.

When City loses the EPL this season he will eat his hands. And he wants to stake his legs next season that City will win the UCL.

The guy sha wan disable himself by fire by force.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
Eruditor:

Danny Rose free kick. Shot on target. Laporte mistake(s). 2 shots on target. Llorente Handball. Shot on target. Eriksen from almost centre circle. Shot on target. Raheem goal..offisde. No shot on target. Etc

What determines being outplayed? Lol.

Eye test. Chances created. Clear cut chances created. Possession in key areas. Corners. Final 3rd presence. Blocks by defenders and saves by opposing keeper. Being taken off ones stride. Forced to kick the ball into row Z at almost every opportunity. Shots at goal etc etc.

Which one is Llorente handball again? Laporte mistakes grin

Okay. Let’s go with your criteria of what being outplayed is.

Let me help you with the little stats I can gather

Attempt on goal:
City - 8, Spurs - 6

Attempt off goal:
City - 8, Spurs - 3

Blocked shot:
City - 4, Spurs - 2

Corner kick:
City - 4, Spurs - 3

Freekick
City - 15, Spurs - 11

Goalkeeper saves:
City - 3, Spurs - 4

Offside:
City - 3, Spurs - 2

Throw in:
City - 20, Spurs - 16

Foul:
City - 8, Spurs - 13

You can bring your own stats also. Let’s see how City demolished Spurs according to you. angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
All this shalaye to defend how Pep has spent over 500 million to boss a local league but still cant make a UCL semifinal. Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
afrodoc2:

Ibime don warn am.

When City loses the EPL this season he will eat his hands. And he wants to stake his legs next season that City will win the UCL.

The guy sha wan disable himself by fire by force.

He said "he would eat his hand" not hands... Na so u hate d guy reach? U sha want him to chew d two of dem...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
By the time eruditor loses all his body parts, raumdeuter will pretend as if he wasn't the one that pushed him into the gutters.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
I bless the day we sold Diego Costa. This is worse than Benteke.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
larride:

Which one is Llorente handball again? Laporte mistakes grin

Okay. Let’s go with your criteria of what being outplayed is.

Let me help you with the little stats I can gather

Attempt on goal:
City - 8, Spurs - 6

Attempt off goal:
City - 8, Spurs - 3

Blocked shot:
City - 4, Spurs - 2

Corner kick:
City - 4, Spurs - 3

Freekick
City - 15, Spurs - 11

Goalkeeper saves:
City - 3, Spurs - 4

Offside:
City - 3, Spurs - 2

Throw in:
City - 20, Spurs - 16

Foul:
City - 8, Spurs - 13

You can bring your own stats also. Let’s see how City demolished Spurs according to you. angry

Where is possession? Shots at goal? Chances created?

You said which one is Llorente hand ball again? Won't it COUNT as shot on target? Lol. Will they count Raheem's own?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
Eruditor:

City didn't progress. I am sad. But City did the other things I said they will do.
Like humiliating nd giving them them the worst beating?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mapoka: 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
messi was just busy carrying this hypes around, while some people here were busy praising them

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
Amoto94:
Credits to Spurs and Pochettino for their performance last night, over two games they were the better side.
Having said the above it is important to state why Guardiola lost the game.
When I saw the lineup and Gundogan deployed as holding midfielder instead of Fernandinho I said to a friend that Pep has lost the game because Gundogan is not suitable to that role as he is more of a box-to-box midfielder and lacks the positional discipline to play in that role. In the end, it proved costly.
Dropping Sane for Bernardo Silva was another blunder Sane's pace would've made it difficult for Spurs fullbacks does making Son and Moura focus on tracking the runs of Sterling and Sane.
Stones should have played ahead of Kompany or Laporte I don't know if he was injured but his recovery speed and long-passing skill are better than those of the mentioned players.

In the end, overconfidence killed Pep and Man City, not VAR or luck.
Eruditor you said no excuses last week but this week you are making silly excuses, isn't this doublespeak?

I don't know what it is with people's penchant to quote me for quoting sake. Show me one excuse I have made or don't you know what an excuse is?

I don't know how people don't see how stupid it is to say somebody got something wrong in a game they won. It is just so daft when it is not stupid.

And most of the fluff you have up there is revisionist nonsense. City scored 5 goals or 4 if you are being exacting. That is what a manager sets up to do. If his best CB makes mistakes it is what it is. I don't know how you don't see that telling a manager not to start his best CB in a key game is dumb.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
Segedinho:

Like humiliating nd giving them them the worst beating?

When Ajax beat RM 4-1 they did not play better than City did yesterday. Only difference is RM did not convert their own glaring chances.

If you could think you would know there is such a thing as a one-sided draw game. For instance, United fans will always point to the 2005 FA Cup final that Arsenal won on penalties, yet United completely dominated.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Beorn: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
raumdeuter:

A former Premier League referee said VAR got it wrong and Fernando Llorente’s dramatic winning goal, which saw Tottenham dump Manchester City out of the Champions League should NOT have stood.

A former Premier League said VAR and the referee got it right and the winning goal deserve to dump City out as well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/18/referee-got-fernando-llorente-decision-right-next-season-would/

All these excuses count for nothing. VAR was right and City are out. Give it a rest already.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ibime:
I bless the day we sold Diego Costa. This is worse than Benteke.

But raumdeuter said we would regret his sale. Can we mark this as another L for Dayo?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Beorn: 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
raumdeuter:

The ball hit Llorentes hand, hit his hips before going in. So Llorente was the first to handle the ball

Even if it did, his arms was on his body and not stretched out. Give it a rest and look forward to next season. It's painful, but it's the right decision.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
airmark:

But raumdeuter said we would regret his sale. Can we mark this as another L for Dayo?

grin grin grin

Day of Ls

(1) (2) (3) ... (7089) (7090) (7091) (7092) (7093) (7094) (7095) ... (19147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: LordAdam16, CallTheCops(m), ezra01(m), Griffon(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.