Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10543546 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7130) (7131) (7132) (7133) (7134) (7135) (7136) ... (19172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Yes no doubt Hazard has scored a larger chunk of Chelsea's goals.

But how many of those goals scored were important?

That's why I brought in match winning goals.

Liverpool have 27 wins this season. Salah goals decided 9 of them. That's 33%

Chelsea have 20 wins this season. Hazard goals only ensured 5 of those wins

Theres a phrase called "big game player". I promise you I did not invent it.
Games are determined by how w teams plays. ..u knw how many goals Chelsea scored vs d big games.This is to show Chelsea mediocrity was in play wen they went shoulder 2 shoulder vs oda top guns.
All goals are important. .noting like a goal is less important dan d oda....
Effectiveness of a player is the total contribution of d said player in any match..this mini reward is shown by the MOM.
So how come lacazette n Salah won less MOM wen thier goals were d most important.

Liverpool despite thier scintillating form vs Chelsea
Salah's goals=1
Hazard goals=2
Oh!!! I remember salah's goals was a shot outside the box and it is termed more important goal. ..judge urself
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 11:24am On Apr 26, 2019
Segedinho:
What is important goals??

Did he took d ball from d keeper,dribble passed every opponents and scores in d 93rd mins?

Will the goals be counted when goals difference are d next parameters 2 win d league?

If prior goals were not scored b4 d goals u are shouting 4 now..will do matches have been won?...

If these goals are important. ..how many times has lacazette nd sallah won the most important player??

What is important in critical analyses of better players are goals. .assists..Dribbles completed. .key passes nd chance created. ...so ur knowledge about football 2 me is a bit shaky or maybe u just being biased. .
Talking abt goals

Hazard's goals percentage 4m d total goals scored is 30.7% nd sallah is abt 24%...........

if you score 200 goals in one match, you do not get more than 3 points.

If you score 500 goals in 10 matches, and lose the remaining 28 by 1-0 scoreline, FA will not look at your goal difference abd put you into top 4.

If you win all your league matches by a 1-0 Scoreline, you would have won the league with only 38 goals. Burnley and Southampton are currently engaged in a relegation battle despite having scored 44 and 41 goals respectively

This tells you that the quantity of goals is of minimal importance.

The most important goal is the one that secures a win, every other goal after that is jara.

So for impact, I'm looking for the player who is guaranteeing his team the 3 points with his efforts, not then player that is merely improving his own stats.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 11:28am On Apr 26, 2019
Segedinho:

Games are determined by how w teams plays. ..u knw how many goals Chelsea scored vs d big games.This is to show Chelsea mediocrity was in play wen they went shoulder 2 shoulder vs oda top guns.
All goals are important. .noting like a goal is less important dan d oda....
Effectiveness of a player is the total contribution of d said player in any match..this mini reward is shown by the MOM.
So how come lacazette n Salah won less MOM wen thier goals were d most important.

man of the match is an opinion not a fact. Anybody can give man of the match, infact for every game each media platform give their own man of the match and they often pick different players despite watching the same match.

Nah fam. That ain't it for me. I don't argue opinions, I argue facts.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

if you score 200 goals in one match, you do not get more than 3 points.

If you score 500 goals in 10 matches, and lose the remaining 28 by 1-0 scoreline, FA will not look at your goal difference abd put you into top 4.

If you win all your league matches by a 1-0 Scoreline, you would have won the league with only 38 goals. Burnley and Southampton are currently engaged in a relegation battle despite having scored 44 and 41 goals respectively

This tells you that the quantity of goals is of minimal importance.

The most important goal is the one that secures a win, every other goal after that is jara.

So for impact, I'm looking for the player who is guaranteeing his team the 3 points with his efforts, not then player that is merely improving his own stats.
...if I created a 100 goal scoring chances nd my attacker scorescore 80.nd u were able no score 25 creating 20 goals scoring opportunities. ...
Who would win d tournaments assuming both clubs went head 2 head.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

How is hazard the better player this season? How?

Stats don't lie, but interpretation of stats is subjective. Guy I'm the one who said Hazard is in the same bracket at Ronaldo and Messi talent wise. My allegiance is clear

But if even Chelseafan1 can cuss hazard this season, then what I'm saying should come as no great surprise

Hazard has had a great season individually. But his stats have flattered to deceive.

Look at Aubameyang and Lacazette. Lacazette has only 13 league goals, but 9 of those goals were the ones that sealed the win for his team. I think Auba has 16 or 17, not sure but only 3 of those goals won the 3 points for his team.

This is what I'm talking about here. Not pumping Huddersfield and Cardiff then clapping your hands.

Salah is DIRECTLY responsible for 1/3 of all Liverpool's wins this season. That's not stats padding by scoring unimportant goals

See what happened when we last faced them. Hazard was playing rubbish, while Salah was shooting golazos. After the match Hazard went to be joking with Salah sef. I felt like slapping him.

This guy, this statement is funny sha. I cussed Hazard cus I expected him to do more in our last game, that doesn't mean overall he wasn't better than Salah this season.

Do you know how many times I cursed Salah this season, there are so many Pool games he was totally useless this season. I wasn't the only one, people cursed him a lot at the viewing centre I go to, most of them are Liverpool fans.

Hazard did more for Chelsea than Salah did for Liverpool, I'm sure if they were to swap teams, teammates and Coach this season, Hazard will be heads above heels better than him, by a very far distance.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2019
Honestly,I can relate with whatever nollywood actor hanksanuku is saying but my problem here is that soccer cankerworm we have on this thread who is not here to come and disagree and call everything poppycock cus I remembered making this same point in defence of Didier Drogba when egbon dayo ridiculed the striker's league goals.Telling him those low amount of goals Drogba's scored had more significant contributions to our league triumph .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:36am On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

man of the match is an opinion not a fact. Anybody can give man of the match, infact for every game each media platform give their own man of the match and they often pick different players despite watching the same match.

Nah fam. That ain't it for me. I don't argue opinions, I argue facts.
Man of the match to a large extent points our the most valuable and hardest worker in a match....
All goals are important. ..nothing like 1 goal is more important than d next 1.....or wch will u call d most important goal bw tom hearton nd Barnes goal wen burnley visited Chelsea? ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

How is hazard the better player this season? How?

Stats don't lie, but interpretation of stats is subjective. Guy I'm the one who said Hazard is in the same bracket at Ronaldo and Messi talent wise. My allegiance is clear

But if even Chelseafan1 can cuss hazard this season, then what I'm saying should come as no great surprise

Hazard has had a great season individually. But his stats have flattered to deceive.

Look at Aubameyang and Lacazette. Lacazette has only 13 league goals, but 9 of those goals were the ones that sealed the win for his team. I think Auba has 16 or 17, not sure but only 3 of those goals won the 3 points for his team.

This is what I'm talking about here. Not pumping Huddersfield and Cardiff then clapping your hands.

Salah is DIRECTLY responsible for 1/3 of all Liverpool's wins this season. That's not stats padding by scoring unimportant goals

See what happened when we last faced them. Hazard was playing rubbish, while Salah was shooting golazos. After the match Hazard went to be joking with Salah sef. I felt like slapping him.

At this point of the season where goal difference might possibly decide who makes it to the UCL or not, every goal is of importance. Talking about the stats, it's only now that I'm seeing folks look deeper than what the stats suggest all because Hazard is involved, when Dayo and his minions were brandishing stats (goals + assist) last season, nobody asked to know how many of those goals actually won points. I assure you next season, the table will turn and you'll see guys turn this argument on its head.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2019
Segedinho:
...if I created a 100 goal scoring chances nd my attacker scorescore 80.nd u were able no score 25 creating 20 goals scoring opportunities. ...
Who would win d tournaments assuming both clubs went head 2 head.

This is actually a very stùpid question

France Wales and Belgium were the highest scoring teams in Euro 2016 if I recall correctly, but Portugal won the tournament without even scoring a single goal in regulation time during the knockout stages...and This was after qualifying as best loser.

When we won the league in 14/15, Man City scored 10 more goals than us.

When we won the league in 04/5, Arsenal scored 15 more goals than us.

When Manyoo won the league in 08/09 they scored 68 and conceded 24. Chelsea also scored exactly 68 goals and conceded 24. But they finished 1st with 90 points, and we finished 3rd with 83.

Same goals scored, same goals conceded, same goal difference, but 7 points difference on the log.

Not all goals matter equally. Some goals are more equal than others grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 11:48am On Apr 26, 2019
patrickmuf:
At this point of the season where goal difference might possibly decide who makes it to the UCL or not, every goal is of importance. Talking about the stats, it's only now that I'm seeing folks look deeper than what the stats suggest all because Hazard is involved, we Dayo and his minions were brandishing stats (goals + assist) last season, nobody asked to know how many of those goals actually won points. I assure next season, the table will turn and you'll see guys turn this argument on its head.

nobody says goals and assists are not important.

But when Hazard and Salah have very similar output this season, what do you use to differentiate them?

The only difference between them is 3 goal involvements. Salah is playing Huddersfield tonight and could easily cover that. That's 3 goal involvement gap is not enough to say Hazrd is better

I'm trying to make a more discerning judgement but making a qualitative comparison of both players who have similar stats.

Key phrase - Similar stats.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:56am On Apr 26, 2019
popizaino:
Honestly,I can relate with whatever nollywood actor hanksanuku is saying but my problem here is that soccer cankerworm we have on this thread who is not here to come and disagree and call everything poppycock cus I remembered making this same point in defence of Didier Drogba when egbon dayo ridiculed the striker's league goals.Telling him those low amount of goals Drogba's scored had more significant contributions to our league triumph .
Liverpool vs big guns this season

1 goal vs Chelsea
Penalty goals vs arsenal

Drogba was more dan this ...let's not talk abt Drogba's influence in the defence department
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

This is actually a very stùpid question

France Wales and Belgium were the highest scoring teams in Euro 2016 if I recall correctly, but Portugal won the tournament without even scoring a single goal in regulation time during the knockout stages...and This was after qualifying as best loser.

When we won the league in 14/15, Man City scored 10 more goals than us.

When we won the league in 04/5, Arsenal scored 15 more goals than us.

When Manyoo won the league in 08/09 they scored 68 and conceded 24. Chelsea also scored exactly 68 goals and conceded 24. But they finished 1st with 90 points, and we finished 3rd with 83.

Same goals scored, same goals conceded, same goal difference, but 7 points difference on the log.

Not all goals matter equally. Some goals are more equal than others grin

The emphasis is on when they go head 2 head..
Points are actually accumulated by goals scored irrespective of who scored it......influencing a game could be d person doing d dirty jobs 4 an easy tap in..the more reason "influencing a game" is hinged on an individual output through assists ..chances created nd goals...
Debruyne was city's most influential person last season not cos of d num of goals scored...or rather the match winning goals (ur term)...

U haven't told me d most important goals bw Heaton nd barnes's when burnley visited Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
Segedinho:

Liverpool vs big guns this season

1 goal vs Chelsea
Penalty goals vs arsenal

Drogba was more dan this ...let's not talk abt Drogba's influence in the defence department

Wait till that one with obsessive hazard disorder tells you something else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2019
popizaino post=778 70922:

Wait till that one with obsessive hazard disorder tells you something else.
Aparisport.com
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2019
raumdeuter:
Salah 19 goals 10 assists
Hidden 16 goals 13 assists

But Salah is miles ahead abi, using this same stats

U do know that, Hazard delivered better than Mane?

What do you have to say, is Hazard on 29 goals + assists better than Mane on 20 goals + assists? individually

Airmark, Hensben, make una kon see my Uncle's reply.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2019
Segedinho:

Points are actually accumulated by goals scored irrespective of who scored it
......influencing a game could be d person doing d dirty jobs 4 an easy tap in..the more reason "influencing a game" is hinged on an individual output through assists ..chances created nd goals...
Debruyne was city's most influential person last season not cos of d num of goals scored...or rather the match winning goals (ur termed)...

Points are not accumulated by goals scored. Points are accumulated by not losing and you don't even have to score to not lose

If you draw 0-0 you get a point. if you lose 501-500, you get no points.

If Hazard scores the whole 500 goals in that game, and Salah only scored the 501st goal, he was the one that delivered the points for his team...not hazard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

nobody says goals and assists are not important.

But when Hazard and Salah have very similar output this season, what do you use to differentiate them?

The only difference between them is 3 goal involvements. Salah is playing Huddersfield tonight and could easily cover that. That's 3 goal involvement gap is not enough to say Hazrd is better

I'm trying to make a more discerning judgement but making a qualitative comparison of both players who have similar stats.

Key phrase - Similar stats.

U guys are just making assists look irrelevant just because hazard is topping d assist charts...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2019
thorrvik55:

U guys are just making assists look irrelevant just because hazard is topping d assist charts...

That's what you took away from that post?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
raumdeuter:

Salah is on 7 assists
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Points are not accumulated by goals scored. Points are accumulated by not losing and you don't even have to score to not lose

If you draw 0-0 you get a point. if you lose 501-500, you get no points.

If Hazard scores the whole 500 goals in that game, and Salah only scored the 501st goal, he was the one that delivered the points for his team...not hazard.
And if hazard score 500 goals and gave 200more assists nd sallah scored 510 goals with 50 assists?..who will u term d most influential? ??

Don't u see how u are disparaging the strength of assist just because hazard in involve in d highest assists? ??

Mind u d EPL hasn't been won yet by any this season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku what do you mean I can't play Pro football because of my pot belly?

See Higuain and Gary Taylor-Fletcher grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

That's what you took away from that post?

U said d difference between d two is 3 goals involvement only without mentioning assists...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
raumdeuter:

Even ur source of truth (world football) says salah has 7 assists so I wonder where u conjured those 3 extra assists from...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibukzy: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2019
Segedinho:

Hope u knw d difference bw bernado silver and d David silva? ??
grin The only difference between them is their age and country tongue

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ibukzy:
grin The only difference between them is their age and country tongue

Same tin here. 1 is a midfielder nd d other an attacker

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
thorrvik55:

U said d difference between d two is 3 goals involvement only without mentioning assists...
GOAL INVOLVEMENTS

obviously that includes assists
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
Segedinho:

And if hazard score 500 goals and gave 200more assists nd sallah scored 510 goals with 50 assists?..who will u term d most influential? ??

The current gap is 3 goal involvements, not 150.

Calm down if you don't understand how to use hyperbole.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku

Abeg share your opinion on that akpola make you leave this people and hazard abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

The current gap is 3 goal involvements, not 150.

Calm down if you don't understand how to use hyperbole.
...u brought in an hyperbolic statement nd still fighting it wen such hyperbole is used 2 flaw ur sentiment? ..
No go worse pass raumdeuter ooo
My bros grin grin

Our argument is abt now...who has been better so far bw hazard vs Salah. ...the argument is present not b4 d end of season or abt sallah reducing nd surpassing him stat wise after Huddersfield match. ...it is about now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2019
HanksAnuku:

GOAL INVOLVEMENTS

obviously that includes assists

OK.

I saw how u stylishly dodged this

Segedinho:

Points are actually accumulated by goals scored irrespective of who scored it......influencing a game could be d person doing d dirty jobs 4 an easy tap in..the more reason "influencing a game" is hinged on an individual output through assists ..chances created nd goals...
Debruyne was city's most influential person last season not cos of d num of goals scored...or rather the match winning goals (ur term)...

U haven't told me who scored d most important goals bw Heaton nd barnes's when burnley visited Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
chelsea fans wondering if raumdeuter as taken over hanksanuku moniker grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Segedinho:
...u brought in an hyperbolic statement nd still fighting it wen such hyperbole is used 2 flaw ur sentiment? ..

If you dont understand hyperbole rest.

I made a statement saying a team can:
A, earn a point without scoring in a 0-0 draw,
B, win 1-0 and take 3 points, or,
C, lose 500 -501 and leave with no points

in support of my assertion that quality rather than quantity of goals is what we should be looking at.

You came and started talking about Hazard 200 assists and Salah 50 - is this the case? Is the gap anywhere close to that? How does this relate? It's like i might have to avoid using any figure of speech because that might be too difficult for you to understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7130) (7131) (7132) (7133) (7134) (7135) (7136) ... (19172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), zeusis(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.