Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,856 members, 7,862,806 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:04 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10741404 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7525) (7526) (7527) (7528) (7529) (7530) (7531) ... (19411) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2019
I would have loved these guys below, meeting again today. I expect them to be the next two Balon dór winners.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2019
Unlimited22:

If I swear for you now, they will say I am wicked

No vex i meant to say Pedro will come good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2019
airmark:
I would have loved these guys below, meeting again today. I expect them to be the next two Balon dór winners.

shey u kw neymar is on his way back home tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2019
Swissh:

Effect of having a splendid transfer window and having a good Squad compared to previous seasons. The only thing that will derail our season will be injuries.
will b sure to mention u in January wen season day hot.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2019
snrman:
shey u kw neymar is on his way back home tongue

Back to Santos or back to Messi's shadow?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2019
Matchday! cool

Guys, make we brainstorm o. How we go do this matter?

That cup gats come London o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2019
SkimpleD:
Matchday! cool

We need rudiger in that starting line up, weda na one leg him go use play sef no wahala...

Salah and Mane go definitely do their thing...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2019
The only way Chelsea can qualify for UCL is by winning the Europa league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2019
Eruditor:

Tottenham did not improve. Every one knows that. They were clearly the 3rd best team in England last season but derailed. They have now added to that team so they will hold unto their 3rd best tag and possibly fight for 2nd or 1st. United have improved their defence. They are still hollow in midfield. Arsenal's attack and midfield is improved, their defence is iffy. City and LFC are in a different world. Of the top 6 teams, only CFC undeniably regressed. There are no goals around that team and alot of the youngins will be inconsistent.

You can mark my post. Ceteris Paribus, CFC won't finish higher than 6th.
Firstly, if What you mean by Arsenal and united improved is that they signed players; i will do well to remind you that they also signed players last season, but they still finished below chelsea.

That means that signing of players does not automatically mean that a team improved.

Having said that, let me go back to the initial question i asked you.

What made you say that chelsea has regressed and they can't contend for ucl places?

BTW, your claim that chelsea can't finish above 6th is rendered invalid by "all things being equal"

I know that if by mistake chelsea finish above 6th you will start telling us that there was no Ceteris Paribus

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2019
Unlimited22:

Come, I go call Segedinho masquerade and Fenibeso for you o undecided

So I don dey do masquerade matter abi

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

Did a third grader write this?
Tottenham were clearly the 3rd best team but eventually finished 4th. Is that how to analyze football?
When Chelsea surrendered 2nd place in January 2nd, 2018 and ended up 5th, why were they not termed the runners up before they derailed?
I somehow agree with your prediction that Man city, Liverpool and Tottenham are the front runners for the league but anything can happen midway through the season.
P:S : if you're a Chelsea fan thinking about tonight's match. Just forge it, we have lost before the ball is kicked and I don't See Lampard lasting till December before he gets the boot.

Tottenham lost 7 of their last 12 games of the season and still were just 1 point behind CFC. Won more games than CFC, scored more goals and conceded about the same despite losing 5 more games than CFC. What other metric do you need to see that they were better?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2019
SkimpleD:
Matchday! cool

cheesy cheesy cheesy

How NL brainstorming wan use take help cfc win the cup pastor?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2019
Leyqute:

Abeg no off me na grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2019
Eruditor:

Tottenham lost 7 of their last 12 games of the season and still were just 1 point behind CFC. Won more games than CFC, scored more goals and conceded about the same despite losing 5 more games than CFC. What other metric do you need to see that they were better?

Liverpool lost only one match last season, they were way ahead of other teams by January not because they had scored more goals or played better football than Man city but the blue side of Manchester were crowned Champions in May.
Stop using those metrics in football. It is the final position that matter.
Did Everton not beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Man united at their home ground? Would you say because of that they ought to be placed above Arsenal?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2019
Greatihex:
Firstly, if What you mean by Arsenal and united improved is that they signed players; i will do well to remind you that they also signed players last season, but they still finished below chelsea.

That means that signing of players does not automatically mean that a team improved.

Having said that, let me go back to the initial question i asked you.

What made you say that chelsea has regressed and they can't contend for ucl places?

BTW, your claim that chelsea can't finish above 6th is rendered invalid by "all things being equal"

I know that if by mistake chelsea finish above 6th you will start telling us that there was no Ceteris Paribus

Improved is that they signed players in positions they were deficient in and of more quality(the players they signed that is) than most of what the other teams have in said positions.

Chelsea's team isn't better than the other top 6. In many positions, player for player they are not better. They lost their best player and the replacement will need more than 1 season to get to that level to plug the lacuna created by said player. CFC had problems scoring goals last season, that problem will worsen now.

All things being equal is, if United loses 8 of their starters to injury. Or Arsenal get punished by the FA and have 15 points deducted from them. Or Spurs players meet their demise in a plane crash.

I am not offended by the emotional line(s) of reasoning by most of you CFC supporters. Denial is usually the first stage of grief.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2019
SkimpleD:
Matchday! cool

If the team fit try hold them to a draw and e enter penalty, i trust Kepa or that Baba penalty saving skills .
Either way, make him start Giroud alongside Pedro and Pulisic for attack. Giroud has the ability to hold up play and link well with our wingers and he's also experienced playing against Van Dirk.
Make Barkley sit down for bench, him still no wan take him opportunity , Let Kovacic lead the midfield with Jorginho -Kante partnership.
Mount fit enter for Kovacic and Batshuayi for Giroud.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

Liverpool lost only one match last season, they were way ahead of other teams by January not because they had scored more goals or played better football than Man city but the blue side of Manchester were crowned Champions in May.
Stop using those metrics in football. It is the final position that matter.
Did Everton not beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Man united at their home ground? Would you say because of that they ought to be placed above Arsenal?

But Arsenal beat Everton, CFC and United as well? It seems like you are throwing words around to legitimize your emotional arguments for CFC.

LFC were at the best they have ever been league wise and someone else peeped them to the title. That shows that that team was better than them. Which is different than them underperforming for an inferior team to beat them. A good e.g will be CFC when they finished 10th in the season Mou was sacked. CFC were not the 10th best team that season. They only underperfomed to that level. In other words, they derailed.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2019
Leyqute:

Hudson Odoi is recovering.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek is recovering.
Rudiger is recovering.
Reece James is recovering.
Kante is recovering.

If these guys recover on time, Man utd will need to win Europa to qualify for UCL, if Chelsea don't fall to play there this season though.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2019
thorrvik55:

We need rudiger in that starting line up, weda na one leg him go use play sef no wahala...

Salah and Mane go definitely do their thing...
Zuoma is currently on mumu levels now. Chris is a sissy. Dude can’t even impose himself on that defense line. Azpi is past it. A part of me believes Emerson can handle Salah to an extent. But Manè go definitely use Azpi joke around.

We should start Willian, Bats or Giroud and Pulisic.

Kante should return to the starting lineup and Kovacic dropped. Mason should be man enough and take his chances sad

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

If the team fit try hold them to a draw and e enter penalty, i trust Kepa or that Baba penalty saving skills .
Either way, make him start Giroud alongside Pedro and Pulisic for attack. Giroud has the ability to hold up play and link well with our wingers and he's also experienced playing against Van Dirk.
Make Barkley sit down for bench, him still no wan take him opportunity , Let Kovacic lead the midfield with Jorginho -Kante partnership.
Mount fit enter for Kovacic and Batshuayi for Giroud.
What of defence line?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2019
diggz:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

How NL brainstorming wan use take help cfc win the cup pastor?
Let’s call on Jah na Bishop.

We need that cup o. After that cup, I no mind where we end this season o bar relegation

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2019
Eruditor:

But Arsenal beat Everton, CFC and United as well? It seems like you are throwing words around to legitimize your emotional arguments for CFC.

LFC were at the best they have ever been league wise and someone else peeped them to the title. That shows that that team was better than them. Which is different than them underperforming for an inferior team to beat them. A good e.g will be CFC when they finished 10th in the season Mou was sacked. CFC were not the 10th best team that season. They only underperfomed to that level. In other words, they derailed.

You are just going back and forth. I need you to justify why Spurs were better and deserved 3rd place.
I just used Liverpool, City scenario of how you said spurs were better than Chelsea and how Liverpool were better than everybody's else but lost the league.
At the end of it all, near misses don't count. It is the eventual outcome.
If they were really better as you claimed, they will never let their guard down no matter what . That's why you see teams that are exhausted midway through the season but have a mission grind out 1-0 wins most of the time, they secure die minutes draws, they'll rather loose their best player to a red card than loose a game.
I am not using emotion tactics because i am a Chelsea fan , We came third last season and we deserved it.
Before the Slump in December, the team followed Liverpool and City closely, where was Tottenham at that time even when we lost 3-1 at Wembley? Is it not when Chelsea had bad run of form that United and Spurs kick started their winning streak?
So when they fell short of expectations and Chelsea started grinding out wins, was it anybody's fault?
My Guy, Local man is tired grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2019
SkimpleD:

Zuoma is currently on mumu levels now. Chris is a sissy. Dude can’t even impose himself on that defense line. Azpi is past it. A part of me believes Emerson can handle Salah to an extent. But Manè go definitely use Azpi joke around.

Kante should return to the starting lineup and Kovacic dropped. Mason should be man enough and take his chances sad

Not sure Kante will start, he got another knock in against those scummies.

I will use Tomori on Mane if i'm the coach, with Azpi it will be ugly. Losing concentration at the back is our albatross.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2019
SkimpleD:

Make Mount sit down for bench o, the boy was not bold enough/ nervous to do some take on's against united. I agree he's for the future but he must learn. Na EPL be this, no be Championship . He can be a replacement for Kovacic, coming on as a substitute.
I for like make Alonso start because we all saw what Salah did to Emerson at Anfield last season. He may have outgrown that sha with him performance at the Europa League final and against united on Sunday.
The whole scenario just dey give me headache, all our experienced players wey go carry injury for this kind time no make sense

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

You are just going back and forth. I need you to justify why Spurs were better and deserved 3rd place.
I just used Liverpool, City scenario of how you said spurs were better than Chelsea and how Liverpool were better than everybody's else but lost the league.
At the end of it all, near misses don't count. It is the eventual outcome.
If they were really better as you claimed, they will never let their guard down no matter what . That's why you see teams that are exhausted midway through the season but have a mission grind out 1-0 wins most of the time, they secure die minutes draws, they'll rather loose their best player to a red card than loose a game.
I am not using emotion tactics because i am a Chelsea fan , We came third last season and we deserved it.
Before the Slump in December, the team followed Liverpool and City closely, where was Tottenham at that time even when we lost 3-1 at Wembley? Is it not when Chelsea had bad run of form that United and Spurs kick started their winning streak?
So when they fell short of expectations and Chelsea started grinding out wins, was it anybody's fault?
My Guy, Local man is tired grin

I don't think you know the meaning of back and forth. Spurs were the 3rd best team is the sentence I constructed. Deserving 3rd place is another argument. Liverpool were not better than everybody else. They were the 2nd best team in England. They were better than everybody else bar Man City. If LFC had finished 3rd to CFC. The argument then would have been, despite finishing 3rd, Liverpool were the 2nd best team in England.

Letting guard down and derailing is not evidence of a team not being better. Freak injuries, internal turmoil are some of the things that could force a team to derail. PSG lost to United in UCL but they were clearly the better team.

Bad run of form that Spurs needed to lose 7 of the last 12. 5 more than CFC to finish a point behind them and you can't draw a solid inference?

Tired? LOL. Tired must be a euphemism for emotional.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2019
eph12:

Abeg no off me na grin grin grin

grin grin

But then they can’t win that either so they’ll have to settle for Carabao cup qualification.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2019
airmark:

Rudiger is recovering.
Kante is recovering.

If these guys recover on time, Man utd will need to win Europa to qualify for UCL, if Chelsea don't fall to play there this season though.

Which of those players you listed can put the ball in the back of the net?

Recovering FC

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2019
airmark:

Rudiger is recovering.
Kante is recovering.

You chop 4-0 when Man Utd were not playing well. You think you won’t chop 7 when Martial finally hits form?

Top 6 sef is out of the question for you. Better prepare for FA cup and Otapiapia Cup as the non-league matches you’ll be playing next season.

Recovering FC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2019
SkimpleD:

Let’s call on Jah na Bishop.

We need that cup o. After that cup, I no mind where we end this season o bar relegation

Super cup. Automatic UCL qualification!

Relegation FC grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2019
Leyqute:

Which of those players you listed can put the ball in the back of the net?

Recovering FC

Oh my bad, i added Hudson Odoi, our goalkeeper.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2019
KKTBM Orr Sheseea for laif!!! grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2019
airmark:

Oh my bad, i added Hudson Odoi, our goalkeeper.

Cristiano-Lionel incarnate!... We go win league this season. Orr Bluus! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7525) (7526) (7527) (7528) (7529) (7530) (7531) ... (19411) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: toluxe0075, TrebleChamp(m), PendragonVII and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.