Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10731171 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7759) (7760) (7761) (7762) (7763) (7764) (7765) ... (19393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD:

I am no fan of hazard. I state things the way they are. Dude plays well, he gets a praise from me, does otherwise, I won’t stop to call him out.

How were they not playing from the halfway line with Benz constantly returning to the midfield to get balls? Hazard mostly hugged the wing-line all thru the match and I am wondering what kind of tactics Zidane employed to see off Athletico.
I wonder why there's little or no movement up front and interchanging of positions by the front three. Hazard was mostly stationed on the left, Bale on the right and Benzema through the middle. For the entirety of Hazards time on the pitch, I think he only combined with Bale once or twice and that's not good enough, as a coach, you want your best players playing close each other. When Modric came on, he had the kind of freedom most folks want to see Hazard have, he was everywhere.

I feel Zidane should let the front three freely interchange position to get the best out of them.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD:

I am no fan of hazard. I state things the way they are. Dude plays well, he gets a praise from me, does otherwise, I won’t stop to call him out.

How were they not playing from the halfway line with Benz constantly returning to the midfield to get balls? Hazard mostly hugged the wing-line all thru the match and I am wondering what kind of tactics Zidane employed to see off Athletico.

Atletico is a very good team with a reputation for solid defensive organization. They are playing at home and you somehow expected Real to just overrun them?

Real had more possession than Atletico, they made more passes, had more accurate passes, had more shots at goal and on target but according to you Benzema was the only person past the halfway line.

Benzema is not a poacher, he has always been an all rounder who likes to roam, drift wide and sometimes drop in to midfield. Nothing new in what he did today.

Zidane might not be the greatest tactician but trying to lay the blame for Hazard's impotent performance at his feet is a bit of a stretch.
Hazard was poor today, EOD. Zidane is not responsible for him averaging 1.6 goals per champions league season.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2019
Abeg make una check out this thread on twitter on tell me what else this guy could have done to avoid(paying them money) this kind police harassment.
Coz me i no fit give any lowlife hungry looking policeman 1 kobo from money i worked hard for. They rather beat me and if dem kill me, their loss coz they wont still see any money to collect.

Tf. "Man must chop". Because na me be ur papa or what?? angry angry

I fúcking hate this country.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2019
afrodoc2:

Atletico is a very good team with a reputation for solid defensive organization. They are playing at home and you somehow expected Real to just overrun them?

Real had more possession than Atletico, they made more passes, had more accurate passes, had more shots at goal and on target but according to you Benzema was the only person past the halfway line.

Benzema is not a poacher, he has always been an all rounder who likes to roam, drift wide and sometimes drop in to midfield. Nothing new in what he did today.

Zidane might not be the greatest tactician but trying to lay the blame for Hazard's impotent performance at his feet is a bit of a stretch.
Hazard was poor today, EOD. Zidane is not responsible for him averaging 1.6 goals per champions league season.
Can’t argue against this Doc. But see this below and get my whole point.
patrickmuf:
I wonder why there's little or no movement up front and interchanging of positions by the front three. Hazard was mostly stationed on the left, Bale on the right and Benzema through the middle. For the entirety of Hazards time on the pitch, I think he only combined with Bale once or twice and that's not good enough, as a coach, you want your best players playing close each other. When Modric came on, he had the kind of freedom most folks want to see Hazard have, he was everywhere.

I feel Zidane should let the front three freely interchange position to get the best out of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD:

Let us even agree that Zidane was tactically naive. Is it a crime for Hazard to win his 1v1 contest with Trippier?

If Zidane could not spoon-feed him by devising a tactical master plan can't he (Pius) create something from his purported Messi level talent?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2019
Lana1:
Abeg make una check out this thread on twitter on tell me what else this guy could have done to avoid(paying them money) this kind police harassment.
Coz me i no fit give any lowlife hungry looking policeman 1 kobo from money i worked hard for. They rather beat me and if dem kill me, their loss coz they wont still see any money to collect.

Where’s the link?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2019
Raumdeuter, is it true Ter Stegen has more assist than the hidden one in la liga this season shocked

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2019
afrodoc2:

Let us even agree that Zidane was tactically naive. Is it a crime for Hazard to win his 1v1 contest with Trippier?

If Zidane could not spoon-feed him by devising a tactical master plan can't he (Pius) create something from his purported Messi level talent?

Like you mentioned earlier, Athletico is a very disciplined team but even at that I expected much more from Hazard. It seemed to me he was scared to run around Trippier not to expose Nacho; supporting I and Patrick’s point of Zidane’s tactics tonight.

I’ve watched all of Hazards game in Madrid’s colors and have always faulted him for being so poor with runs and decisions. This is the first time I’m calling Zidane’s tactic into question.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2019
larride:

Where’s the link?
"this thread" on the first line. I'll modify it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
patrickmuf:

At some point I literally yelled. The entire front line was so far from each other. Modric was handed free role where as Hazard was on lock down for the entirety of the match.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
Costa looks past it, he wasn't a threat today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2019
wman:

Highest assist last season was 15.

Damn men.

He'll likely break that Henry's 20 assist record barring any injury.

He's lucky to have prolific goal scorers in front who don't waste chances. Plus, they are smart enough to spot moves.
KDB puts chances on a plate. Most times it is harder to miss than to score

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD:

At some point I literally yelled. The entire front line was so far from each other. Modric was handed free role where as Hazard was on lock down for the entirety of the match.
For me, it's purely down to Zidane's instructions because we all know how Hazard loves to roam the field of play. Zidane should encourage them to interchange positions often. Hazard had Trippier and Koke and at some point Thomas on his case, the sensible thing to do was to swap his position with that of Bale who is more direct. Atletico's left side is the weakest but then it was left unexploited until Modric who had the freedom to roam the pitch came on.

Hazard on his part needs to force the hand of Zidane by going against his instruction if that's the case.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD:
What’s really the tactics/game play of Zidane. Limits all his players bar Benz to the center line and expect goals?

For Christ’s sakes how will Hazard score goals with this shittÿ set up?
Hehehehe. Didn't take long
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2019
Matip getting high praise on MOTD. It seems the lads in the studio think He was MOTM. However the dudes on Liverpool's This is Anfield fan's website beg to disagree. They had Van Dijk as their MOTM........Interesting!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD:

Go and read this thread and what Madrid fans are saying

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/atletico-madrid-vs-real-madrid-la-liga-jornada-7-28-09-2019-21-00-cet.2106590/page-3
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 11:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
A40:
Hehehehe. Didn't take long
k.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 11:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
raumdeuter:

Go and read this thread and what Madrid fans are saying

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/atletico-madrid-vs-real-madrid-la-liga-jornada-7-28-09-2019-21-00-cet.2106590/page-3
Did you read Patrick’s post?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2019
raumdeuter:

Morata spent 1.5 seasons in the team, Hazard spent 7

But its Morata who was wasting Hazard chances even before he came to Chelsea

How many assists did Morata get from Azpilicueta in the same Chelsea

cheesy cheesy

So everybody ought to be crossing ball to his head before he could convert.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2019
chic2pimp:
Matip getting high praise on MOTD. It seems the lads in the studio think He was MOTM. However the dudes on Liverpool's This is Anfield fan's website beg to disagree. They had Van Dijk as their MOTM........Interesting!
Matip is the real MVP of that defense. People are slowly seeing the light, only casuals still dey chop this VVD hype
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD:

Did you read Patrick’s post?

Is it different from the usual post where there is someone else aside from Hazard to blame for his poor performance

The link I posted check from page 3 to page 23. 20 pages and see what different posters not just 1 are saying about Hazards performance . They are mostly Madrid fans
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
airmark:

cheesy cheesy

So everybody ought to be crossing ball to his head before he could convert.

What was Azpilicueta doing that Hazard couldn't

Shebi Morata played with Hidden for 1.5 seasons what happened to the rest of the 5.5 seasons without Morata

He just dropped a disaster class today. Maybe Morata is to blame for it too

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:34pm On Sep 28, 2019
chic2pimp:

Raumdeuter's most reliable source also gave it to Van Dijk.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:34pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD:
What’s really the tactics/game play of Zidane. Limits all his players bar Benz to the center line and expect goals?

For Christ’s sakes how will Hazard score goals with this shittÿ set up?

No longer Costa, Pedro Mourinho, Sarri, Morata Willian

We have found a new scapegoat to blame for Hazard and its the coach that won 3 CL back to back

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
Eden Hazard – 4 – Madrid’s big signing was kept quiet by Atleti. A few impressive runs couldn’t disguise that he was massively unfit and completely at odds with all his team-mates.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.squawka.com/en/features/atletico-madrid-0-0-real-madrid-player-ratings-partey-hazard/%3famp
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:40pm On Sep 28, 2019

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
SkimpleD

More player ratings coming in

Hazard unprecedented disaster class
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2019
Lana1:

Smh. It's incredible how tone deaf and useless this Buhari administration and government is. Incompetence from top to bottom. See the speed they used to round up Sowore. Can't they apply same energy

I thought they disbanded them already only to shockingly hear they shot someone in that Dangote refinery/Ibeju Lekki axis
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2019
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2019
I trust Madrid fans sha. Those ones will not have time for the Okoto meow meow skrrrrrrrr skrrrr wey Hazard defenders dey usually yarn after his usual disaster classes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2019
raumdeuter:

What was Azpilicueta doing that Hazard couldn't

Shebi Morata played with Hidden for 1.5 seasons what happened to the rest of the 5.5 seasons without Morata

He just dropped a disaster class today. Maybe Morata is to blame for it too

Morata left and Hazard had the highest assists in the league.

Don't move away from the main point. KDB should thank his stars, not having Morata at the end of his assists.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2019
A40:
Matip is the real MVP of that defense. People are slowly seeing the light, only casuals still dey chop this VVD hype

He really did have an outstanding game. He keeps getting better and better it seems.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7759) (7760) (7761) (7762) (7763) (7764) (7765) ... (19393) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Caicedobets(m), DynamoDeGreat, Noah13, Mykcool(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.