Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10454025 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) ... (19126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:38am On Feb 01, 2015
The funny thing is that through out this discussion, I have never once said once said that Oscar is better than Sterling.

They produce at a similar rate and trying to distinguish who is better is like splitting hairs.

Ibime just wants to assert that Sterling is better unchallenged, and without having any proof or evidence to back it up.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 5:57am On Feb 01, 2015
Is this what my question during our yesterday's match caused?

i no like make people wey i like[Chelsea fans] dey throw insults at each other.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:29am On Feb 01, 2015
Tval, There are no insults involved joor.. Those are just Punches!

Mehn, Ibime and Nihilist are funny.. grin Thanks for making my morning and the 1st day in Febuhari.. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 7:12am On Feb 01, 2015
Emaprince:
meet arsenal and score as you want with clean sheet gauranteed...

2013/2014 + 2014/2015
Chelsea 10-0 arsenal..RAP.E!!!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Yustash001(m): 8:10am On Feb 01, 2015
Me....I don't really see classic about sterling....but talk of coutinho...that guy is better than oscar presently....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 9:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Yustash001:
Me....I don't really see classic about sterling....but talk of coutinho...that guy is better than oscar presently....
Can you back this assertion with stats?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2015
Nihilist:
The funny thing is that through out this discussion, I have never once said once said that Oscar is better than Sterling.

They produce at a similar rate and trying to distinguish who is better is like splitting hairs.

After all your yarns, you go take style dey change mouth. I thought you just said Sterling is another SWP, now you can't decide if Oscar is better than SWP.

See as mouth dey change? Na small small. Better position yourself well to make a full backtrack. And trust me, you will backtrack, just like you did on Torres, Mata, Mikel and Ramires. No be matter of time?

At season start you told us Oscar is one of the top 5 Under-23 players in the world, now you can't say for certain if he's better than Sterling.

As with every debate, the passing of time brings all truth to light. At season start when I said Sterling is better than Oscar, most people jumped on me to criticise. . .they couldn't believe I would say şuch a thing. Oya make time pass. . . today, most of those people will not consider that a crazy statement.

But no, pride must make Nihilist form stronghead. He must argue the matter. But just incase, he will put disclaimer that "I am not saying Oscar is better than Sterling" cos it's obvious that as the season progresses, he finds himself increasingly on the wrong side of the argument.

Abi you no know your mind? Wayo man. I know my own mind o. Sterling is better than Oscar 100%. No need for disclaimer.

#NihilistShowYourCertificate

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:47am On Feb 01, 2015
1. Given the fatigue them boys must have suffered- playing an energy sapping 120 mins on tuesday + another 90---nna that was a long of ground to cover,so dare I say that a draw is not a bad result.

2. @ Ibime, please get off this Sterling vs Oscar issue. Very dissimilar players in different positions. Based on what would you compare them? Coutinho vs Oscar, please be my guest. cheesy

3. Youth Integration? any dummy should understand that you just don't integrate anything or anyone just like that. This is psychology , this is business. damn it! you just don't toy with those. Management 101.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 10:50am On Feb 01, 2015
Banned Costa Will Not Change

[b]Chelsea striker Diego Costa insists he will not alter his aggressive style of play after serving his three-match suspension.
The 26-year-old was retrospectively given the ban this week for violent conduct after an independent regulatory commission on Friday ruled he deliberately stamped on the ankle of the Liverpool midfielder Emre Can during Tuesday's Capital One Cup semi-final second leg.
Although Costa claims there was no malicious intent behind the stamp, he will take the decision in his stride but not let it affect the way he approaches the game.
No angel
"As far as what happened on Tuesday, the main thing is when I get home I can go home and I can go to sleep knowing that I've not done anything wrong, because I never meant to do that and it was not on purpose," the Spain international told the Daily Telegraph.
"You can clearly see that on the video. But it is a suspension. I have to accept that, I have to take it. Obviously I feel sad because I'm not going to be able to help the team, to play. But I have accept it and respect it.
"I'm not saying I'm an angel. I'm no angel. You can see that. But every time I play I will play the same way because that's the way I am. That's what I need to do in order to support my family. That's my bread and butter.
“Also, that's what I need to do for this club and for the fans of this club, for the supporters and for all the people involved in this club.
"On the pitch I will always be like that. That's my character and I will always compete and compete - always. I'm a different guy off the pitch, as you can see, but on the pitch I will not change.
“And I want to say this again: you can look at the video and interpret it however you want, but I know when I get home I can sleep in peace because I know I didn't mean to do it."
Contact sport
The former Atletico Madrid forward believes he is suffering because the modern game is becoming less physical.
"I'm always loyal, I always go 100 per cent, I always go on the limit but I think the people that think that I am a violent player, it's because they interpret football a different way; they see it in a different way," he added.
"Back in the old days there used to be way more contact and a lot of things that were permitted. These days everyone is looking at it and I don't think that is good for the game.
"I have a go at defenders and they have a go at me. We argue. Whatever happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. After the game I shake hands with the defender. Job done, I go home, he goes home.
“We're all mates. It's all good. That's how I see football. That's how I play football. I'm not going to change it – football is a contact sport."[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Yustash001(m): 11:05am On Feb 01, 2015
Dhellake:
Can you back this assertion with stats?
it's obvious without stats self....don't you watch their matches.?...being a good player is not only about goals and assists....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:37am On Feb 01, 2015
Ibime:

After all your yarns, you go take style dey change mouth. I thought you just said Sterling is another SWP, now you can't decide if Oscar is better than SWP.

See as mouth dey change? Na small small. Better position yourself well to make a full backtrack. And trust me, you will backtrack, just like you did on Torres, Mata, Mikel and Ramires. No be matter of time?

At season start you told us Oscar is one of the top 5 Under-23 players in the world, now you can't say for certain if he's better than Sterling.

As with every debate, the passing of time brings all truth to light. At season start when I said Sterling is better than Oscar, most people jumped on me to criticise. . .they couldn't believe I would say şuch a thing. Oya make time pass. . . today, most of those people will not consider that a crazy statement.

But no, pride must make Nihilist form stronghead. He must argue the matter. But just incase, he will put disclaimer that "I am not saying Oscar is better than Sterling" cos it's obvious that as the season progresses, he finds himself increasingly on the wrong side of the argument.

Abi you no know your mind? Wayo man. I know my own mind o. Sterling is better than Oscar 100%. No need for disclaimer.

Again jumping from pillar to post.

You made the assertion that Sterling was a better number 10 than Oscar....I only showed this to be the ranting of a drunk ijaw fisherman.

And backtrack ke? The same way you backtracked over all your FC Beast comments? Abegi!

And what am I backtracking over? The fact that Oscar has beaten Sterling in every reasonable stat as a number 10 this season? or the fact that you need deliverance from the spirit of apollo?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 11:52am On Feb 01, 2015
Nihilist:

The same way you backtracked over all your FC Beast comments? Abegi!

2 years later, we are still waiting for Capoue, Sandro and Paulinho to beast the EPL. grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
What's with this incessant rant for a certificate?

The other day it was a polythecnic student jibe.

Cant Ibime argue without being plain childish?

It's phucking nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
TreQuartista:

2 years later, we are still waiting for Capoue, Sandro and Paulinho to beast the EPL. grin

Man City did win the league though as promised with Fernandinho. tongue

BTW, ma Tottenham comment was made long before they sold Gareth Bale. I was clear enough that with Capoue, Dembele and co providing platform behind platform behind Gareth Bale, Spurs should beast. But Spurs are a crisis club. . . so I take the loss on that one.

Compare with a nigga who told us Torres failing is down to the midfielders, who led campaign against Jose on Mata issue. Who told us we don't need to replace Mikel and Ramires and that defence is our problem. A ninja now telling us he's not sure anymore if Oscar is better than Sterling.

If knowledge of footie was requisite for commenting on EPL threads, Nihilist would have long been sent to rugby thread where I'm sure he's very knowledgeable.

A ninja claiming he's proved with stats that apply to a no10 that Oscar has better stats, forgetting that Sterling hasn't played a single game at no10 thís season.

Thís is what happens when a ninja has access to information and no education to use it properly.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
Now this is one weird news.

Cuadrado current squad number at Fiorentina is 11 - his favourite.

However, that number is unavailable at Stamford Bridge, because it belongs to club legend Didier Drogba.

Cuadrado has apparently therefore chosen to wear 74, 'cause 7 + 4 = 11. cheesy

If Cuadrado does take 74, it will be the second highest squad number ever worn in the Premier League.

Manchester City’s Jose Angel Pozo, who wears 78, is the man to beat!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
AirborneLacer:
What's with this incessant rant for a certificate?

The other day it was a polythecnic student jibe.

Cant Ibime argue without being plain childish?

It's phucking nauseating.

Do you see the ninja complaining? We all jesting, you dey carry matter for head. I know you are Nihilist biggest fan on thís forum but slow your role ogbeni.

Nihilist is the Buhari of thís section. All his statistics and claims of intellligence won't move us until we #seehiscertificate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
AirborneLacer:
Now this is one weird news.

Cuadrado current squad number at Fiorentina is 11 - his favourite.

However, that number is unavailable at Stamford Bridge, because it belongs to club legend Didier Drogba.

Cuadrado has apparently therefore chosen to wear 74, 'cause 7 + 4 = 11. cheesy

If Cuadrado does take 74, it will be the second highest squad number ever worn in the Premier League.

Manchester City’s Jose Angel Pozo, who wears 78, is the man to beat!
7+4= 11... I like it cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ibime:

Do you see the ninja complaining? We all jesting, you dey carry matter for head. I know you are Nihilist biggest fan on thís forum but slow your role ogbeni.

Nihilist is the Buhari of thís section. All his statistics and claims of intellligence won't move us until we #seehiscertificate.

And you must be GEJ, the slowpoke whose promise of fresh air is only seen circulating in his closet?

Ibime your jokes are not funny.

I'd rather pay a busy geek like Seun of Nairaland to humor me with programming codes tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Yustash001(m): 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
I can't believe mourinho skipped the post match conference....this guy na odaran..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
grin Seun of Nairaland bawo.. grin

I no fit laugh abeg..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
AirborneLacer:

And you must be GEJ, the slowpoke whose promise of fresh air is only seen circulating in his closet?

Ibime your jokes are not funny.

I'd rather pay a busy geek like Seun of Nairaland to humor me with programming codes tongue

Leave me dey laugh dey go jare.

Nihilist knows the origin of the jibe. Na inside joke. cheesy

#NihilistShowYourCertificate grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2015

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ibime:

Man City did win the league though as promised with Fernandinho. tongue

BTW, ma Tottenham comment was made long before they sold Gareth Bale. I was clear enough that with Capoue, Dembele and co providing platform behind platform behind Gareth Bale, Spurs should beast. But Spurs are a crisis club. . . so I take the loss on that one.

Compare with a nigga who told us Torres failing is down to the midfielders, who led campaign against Jose on Mata issue. Who told us we don't need to replace Mikel and Ramires and that defence is our problem. A ninja now telling us he's not sure anymore if Oscar is better than Sterling.

If knowledge of footie was requisite for commenting on EPL threads, Nihilist would have long been sent to rugby thread where I'm sure he's very knowledgeable.

Backtracking, excuses and more excuses grin

A ninja claiming he's proved with stats that apply to a no10 that Oscar has better stats, forgetting that Sterling hasn't played a single game at no10 thís season.

This is why you are known all over the sports section as a dondonyan per excellence.

You knew that Sterling hasn't played as no 10 this season, yet you said this:
Ibime:

Sterling is a better no10 than Oscar.

And then this:
Ibime:

Because Rodgers put Sterling at the tip of the diamond for the first time against United 3/4's way through the season and subsequently in a handful of big games, those who watch footie with one eye will claim Sterling played in the hole.

The discerning reader would immediately see that Ibime either suffers from some sort of multiple personality disorder...or he lies for living. Neither options are mutually exclusive, mind.

How can you in one breadth say Sterling is a better no 10 than Oscar....and then argue that despite the fact that Sterling hasn't played that position this season and only rarely played there last season, He is still better than Oscar

Thís is what happens when a ninja has access to information and no education to use it properly.

How apt.
This exactly what will be written on your tombstone. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hehehehe. . . thís ninja is getting desperate.

Sterling is a better no10 than Oscar. That's correct.

Sterling has not played no10 thís season. That's correct.

Am I the one pulling no10 stats to prove anything?

Hazard is also a better no10 than Oscar even though they barely plays there but has done so in the past.

Don't pull me stats to argue otherwise. I cannot be held responsible for your stùpidity.

Thís is why I keep asking to see certificate. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Backtracking, excuses and more excuses grin

This is why you are known all over the sports section as a dondonyan per excellence.

You knew that Sterling hasn't played as no 10 this season, yet you said this:

And then this:

The discerning reader would immediately see that Ibime either suffers from some sort of multiple personality disorder...or he lies for living. Neither options are mutually exclusive, mind.

How can you in one breadth say Sterling is a better no 10 than Oscar....and then argue that despite the fact that Sterling hasn't played that position this season and only rarely played there last season, He is still better than Oscar

How apt.
This exactly what will be written on your tombstone. grin
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ibime:
Hehehehe. . . thís ninja is getting desperate.

Sterling is a better no10 than Oscar. That's correct.

Sterling has not played no10 thís season. That's correct.

Am I the one pulling no10 stats to prove anything?

Hazard is also a better no10 than Oscar even though they barely plays there but has done so in the past.

Don't pull me stats to argue otherwise. I cannot be held responsible for your stùpidity.

Thís is why I keep asking to see certificate. tongue

If you had any self respect, you would have retired to your bedroom to suck your thumb and cry for your mummy.

You said Sterling is a better number 10, we disproved that.

Then you said Sterling doesn't play 10, no problem we showed that Oscar has better stats overall.

next thing we'll hear is that Sterling is better than Oscar as a goalkeeper.

Please who has Idime's feeding bottle? I think he's hungry again

Please bring eyedrop for him too...so that he can read my certificate grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Nihilist:

You said Sterling is a better number 10, we disproved that.

Then you said Sterling doesn't play 10, no problem we showed that Oscar has better stats overall.

I just dey look you. . . . na you dey pull stats up and down the place, claiming you "disproved something", then later claim that:

Nihilist:

I no dey interested in your stats from day one as there's nothing to compare on. You just dey form ITK since. All I want to see if the certificate that allows you to wield and interprete stats. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
we get elampiro and coogar 4 here too

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ibime:

[s]I just dey look you. . . . na you dey pull stats up and down the place, claiming you "disproved something", then later claim that:

I no dey interested in your stats from day one as there's nothing to compare on. You just dey form ITK since. All I want to see if the certificate that allows you to wield and interprete stats. tongue[/s]

You wan see certificate with your apollo eye? grin

Ogbeni suck your thumb and stop crying for your mummy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
Odunharry:
we get elampiro and coogar 4 here too
u get am grin grin

Elampiro/coogar v2.0
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
Villa park next

Can JM turn the tides?

(1) (2) (3) ... (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) ... (19126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.