Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10535103 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8252) (8253) (8254) (8255) (8256) (8257) (8258) ... (19169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BARAJ92(m): 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
Griffon:
Straight outta 5th Stand. Good call?
Mikel should replace Kante apart from that, this is a perfect team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Did Chelsea jump from 2000 to 2004? Did they not play in 01,02,03?

It seems you just jump from into the middle of the argument without knowing the basis of the argument.

The argument was that Pap got to 100 wins in less games than Ferguson, Mou, Wenger, Klopp and I was trying to tell your barkabot and Pap asslicker that out of them all, Pap met a better team on ground so it was easier to get to 100 wins in lesser games.

Please follow the course of the argument.

The 2 seasons that Pep won the league, I gave him his props so that’s not the argument here. I have always maintained that all managers will spend to improve his squad.

How did Pep meet a better team on ground than what Mourinho for example met?

Mourinho inherited a team that finished 2nd in the league behind the Arsenal invincibles, Pep inherited a team that finished 4th behind Leicester Spurs
Mourinho inherited a team that finished with 79 points Pep inherited a team that finished with 66points

Both teams made the CL semifinal

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BARAJ92(m): 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

The season before Klopp, Liverpool finished 6th. undecided

Liverpool past 5 yrs before Klopp league standing

2010/2011 - 6th
2011/2012 - 8th
2012/2013 - 7th
2013/2014 - 2nd
2014/2015 - 6th

Chelsea past 5yrs before Mou league standing
1999/2000 - 5th
2000/2001 - 6th
2001/2002 - 6th
2002/2003 - 4th
2003/2004 - 2nd

Man City past 5yrs before Pep league standing
2011/2012 - 1st
2012/2013 - 2nd
2013/2014 - 1st
2014/2015 - 2nd
2015/2016 - 4th

Anyone with a working brain will know that 2015/16 season that City finished 4th was abnormal n didn’t go with the trajectory of the club when compared with previous years.

Take your L and rest, don’t take it into 2020.

Happy New Year.
Anyone with a working brain will also see that their is a gradual decline from 1st to 4th Within three season

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

How did Pep meet a better team on ground than what Mourinho for example met?

Mourinho inherited a team that finished 2nd in the league behind the Arsenal invincibles, Pep inherited a team that finished 4th behind Leicester Spurs
Mourinho inherited a team that finished with 79 points Pep inherited a team that finished with 66points

Both teams made the CL semifinal

Just a simple question, The Leicester team that won the league in 15/16, was it a better team than City 15/16 team?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BARAJ92(m): 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

“already ageing” doesn’t mean they were not better than those you were comparing him met in their respective team.
We won the league in 2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2nd in 2010 and 2012, does that means Moyes and van gaal met a good team.

If man utd has appointed a coach like Klopp or Guardiola, they will have identify those players that are needed for their tactics to work while still maintaining a decent performance .

No one can say, if Guardiola meet a better team or not because it is subjective to personal opinion as a good team in previous seasons might be ageing while a team full of potentials like the chelsea team of Mourinho might have perform poorly in previous seasons.

Hence, Guardiola deserves the praise, he is receiving, It is not an easy thing to win the league twice with record points.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Just a simple question, The Leicester team that won the league in 15/16, was it a better team than City 15/16 team?

Have you answered and explained how the team Pep inherited was better than the one Mourinho inherited in 2004?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
BARAJ92:
Anyone with a working brain will also see that their is a gradual decline from 1st to 4th Within three season

I don’t know where they jump out from but let me indulge you a little.

The 4 years before that 15/16 season, City were comfortably interchanging between 1st and 2nd. By Feb 2016 when they announce Pap will be taking over at the end of the season, City were 2nd on the table.

If City board had kept their mouth shut and didn’t announce that Pellegrini job is gone in February, there’s every possibility that City will finish the season before 1st or 2nd.

If you don’t know the psychology impact the announcement of Pep in Feb had on the team title charge, sorry for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

Have you answered and explained how the team Pep inherited was better than the one Mourinho inherited in 2004?

Yes. I have done that several pages back.

If you want to disagree, list the players they both met and let’s do player to player comparison.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:22pm On Jan 01, 2020
BARAJ92:
[s] We won the league in 2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2nd in 2010 and 2012, does that means Moyes and van gaal met a good team.

If man utd has appointed a coach like Klopp or Guardiola, they will have identify those players that are needed for their tactics to work while still maintaining a decent performance .

No one can say, if Guardiola meet a better team or not because it is subjective to personal opinion as a good team in previous seasons might be ageing while a team full of potentials like the chelsea team of Mourinho might have perform poorly in previous seasons.

Hence, Guardiola deserves the praise, he is receiving, It is not an easy thing to win the league twice with record points. [/s]

Stop jumping into arguments, you won’t hear.

To start with, Moyes is not in the caliber of manager that Pep and the others we are comparing are, so just rest.

Also stop the posting the same rubbish that he won the league twice with record points. It’s absolute gibberish. He won the league with record points ONCE.

Again, I will repeat it to you maybe this time you will read slowly and get the argument is about.

THE ARGUMENT WAS ABOUT GETTING TO 100 WINS IN LESSER GAMES.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

I don’t know where they jump out from but let me indulge you a little.

The 4 years before that 15/16 season, City were comfortably interchanging between 1st and 2nd. By Feb 2016 when they announce Pap will be taking over at the end of the season, City were 2nd on the table.

If City board had kept their mouth shut and didn’t announce that Pellegrini job is gone in February, there’s every possibility that City will finish the season before 1st or 2nd.

If you don’t know the psychology impact the announcement of Pep in Feb had on the team title charge, sorry for you.

How did you know about the psychology impact? Bayern announced that Pep will be taking over from Juup yet that didnt stop Juup from winning a treble

But na Pellegrini psychology dey affect

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

How did you know about the psychology impact? Bayern announced that Pep will be taking over from Juup yet that didnt stop Juup from winning a treble

But na Pellegrini psychology dey affect

Juup was retiring, Pellegrini was sacked.

Was it the same scenario?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Yes. I have done that several pages back.

If you want to disagree, list the players they both met and let’s do player to player comparison.

Player to player is subjective. League position is not. Points made is not

How do you know if Crespo is better than Aguero? How do you if Robben is better than KdB, or Terry is better than Kompany or Gallas vs Kolarov or Makelele vs Fernandinho or Yaya vs Lampard or Duff vs Sterling

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Juup was retiring, Pellegrini was sacked.

Was it the same scenario?

Juup was forced to retire. He didn't retire voluntarily

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

Player to player is subjective. League position is not. Points made is not

How do you know if Crespo is better than Aguero? How do you if Robben is better than KdB, or Terry is better than Kompany or Gallas vs Kolarov or Makelele vs Fernandinho or Yaya vs Lampard or Duff vs Sterling

Are you seriously asking how Aguero is better than washed up Crespo? Or how KDB that was in his prime is better than Robben that was just coming up?

So Leicester team the won the league in 2015/16 is better than the City team of 15/16 right? grin

You are drunk Dayo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

Juup was forced to retire. He didn't retire voluntarily

Lol. They informed him they were in contact with Pep and could like to get him then. Juup wanted to stay for one more season but he later gave them his blessings to continue discussions with Pep.

It’s entirely different from Pelle. He was sacked.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
BARAJ92

Is this current City team declining already? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Are you seriously asking how Aguero is better than washed up Crespo? Or how KDB that was in his prime is better than Robben that was just coming up?

So Leicester team the won the league in 2015/16 is better than the City team of 15/16 right? grin

You are drunk Dayo.

Crespo at 28 was washed up but Aguero at 28 wasn't

You haven't told me how Pep who took a team that finished 4th behind Leicester and Spurs is better than Mou who inherited the runner up to Arsenals invincibles

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Lol. They informed him they were in contact with Pep and could like to get him then. Juup wanted to stay for one more season but he later gave them his blessings to continue discussions with Pep.

It’s entirely different from Pelle. He was sacked.

Juup wanted to stay they told him to go
Pellegrini wanted to stay they told him to go

What's the difference

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:49pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

Crespo at 28 was washed up but Aguero at 28 wasn't

Do player wash up by age or what’s wrong with you Dayo? angry

Before Crespo got to Chelsea, 2002/03 in Inter he scored 7 goals in 18 apps. In 03/04 that he got to Chelsea, he scored 10 in 19.

Do you want me to show you Aguero numbers before Pep? The last 2 season before Pep, he scored 26 & 24 respectively in the league.

Dayo, you are drunk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

You haven't told me how Pep who took a team that finished 4th behind Leicester and Spurs is better than Mou who inherited the runner up to Arsenals invincibles

I already told you he inherited better players.

Unless you want to argue that Leicester n Spurs have better players than City that 15/16 season, if not, go join your barkadot friend.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Do player wash up by age or what’s wrong with you Dayo? angry

Before Crespo got to Chelsea, 2002/03 in Inter he scored 7 goals in 18 apps. In 03/04 that he got to Chelsea, he scored 10 in 19.

Do you want me to show you Aguero numbers before Pep? The last 2 season before Pep, he scored 26 & 24 respectively in the league.

Dayo, you are drunk.

Prove how Pep inherited a better team that finished 4th behind Leicester and Spus vs. Mourinho that inherited a team that finished 2nd behind Arsenal invincibles

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

Prove how Pep inherited a better team that finished 4th behind Leicester and Spus vs. Mourinho that inherited a team that finished 2nd behind Arsenal invincibles

Stop going in circles Dayo, you keep asking the same question which I have answered severally.

Players make up a team and PAP inherited better PLAYERS to those Mou inherited.

I see you also stylishly remove Klopp, Ferguson and Wenger from the equation. grin

FRAUDS.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

I already told you he inherited better players.

Unless you want to argue that Leicester n Spurs have better players than City that 15/16 season, if not, go join your barkadot friend.

Cudicini Terry Gallas Makelele Crespo Hasselbaink Lampard Robben Duff Mutu

Compare that to a City filled with old players

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Stop going in circles Dayo, you keep asking the same question which I have answered severally.

Players make up a team and PAP inherited better PLAYERS to those Mou inherited.

I see you also stylishly remove Klopp, Ferguson and Wenger from the equation. grin

FRAUDS.

Sorry but that answer doesn't cut it.
A team that finished 4th with 66 points is better than a team that finished 2nd with 13more points??

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
Eruditor:

Of course, you and Larride belong to the same group of people with functioning brains.

Essentially the same CFC players finished 3rd, 1st and 10th. I said that squad was not a 10th-placed squad. If they finish 1-4 it is okay. But 10th, no.

Contradicting myself? even when this season I argued that Arsenal and Tottenham squads are top 4 squads and CFC are not. Even though CFC finished 3rd last season.

LOL.
why then are you telling us that league position tell it all?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 8:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

Sorry but that answer doesn't cut it.
A team that finished 4th with 66 points is better than a team that finished 2nd with 13more points

Do you agree that Leicester n Spurs has better players than City in 15/16?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Do you agree that Leicester n Spurs has better players than City in 15/16?

Is it possible to finish ahead of a team after 38 games of playing the same teams and not be better?

Maybe we can argue that Sheffield is better than Liverpool too

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

Cudicini Terry Gallas Makelele Crespo Hasselbaink Lampard Robben Duff Mutu

Compare that to a City filled with old players

Joe Hart over Cudicini.

Won the Golden Glovo 4 times and was in the team of season twice before Pap.

Kompany over Terry.

Kompany was an former Player of the season holder and 3 times PFA team of the year before Pep. Mou met a potential world beater CB in Terry.

Gallas v Otamendi - Draw

Makalele over Fernandinho

Aguero over Crespo

Sterling over Duff

KDB over Robben

D Silva over Lampard

Mutu X Navas - Draw

JFH over Bony

What were you saying again?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2020
raumdeuter:

Is it possible to finish ahead of a team after 38 games of playing the same teams and not be better?

Maybe we can argue that Sheffield is better than Liverpool too

So you are telling us currently that Leicester has a better team than City, right? grin

Dayo, you are drunk. Go n sleep.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

So you are telling us currently that Leicester has a better team than City, right? grin

Dayo, you are drunk. Go n sleep.

Working brain.

The season is over.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
larride:

Joe Hart over Cudicini.

Won the Golden Glovo 4 times and was in the team of season twice before Pap.

Kompany over Terry.

Kompany was an former Player of the season holder and 3 times PFA team of the year before Pep. Mou met a potential world beater CB in Terry.

Gallas v Otamendi - Draw

Makalele over Fernandinho

Aguero over Crespo

Sterling over Duff

KDB over Robben

D Silva over Lampard

Mutu X Navas - Draw

JFH over Bony

What were you saying again?

Sterling of 2016 over Duff in 2004
Joe Hart that was sold by Pep.
KdB of 2016 over Robben of 2004

Patrickmuf can you see why I asked you that question?

Working brain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
Eruditor:

Working brain.

The season is over.

I know your brain is not working which I see has turned into blindness, if not you will see I wrote CURRENTLY.

Mumu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8252) (8253) (8254) (8255) (8256) (8257) (8258) ... (19169) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotola90(m), Elnino4ladies, zeusis(m), joezy23(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.