Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10553012 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8262) (8263) (8264) (8265) (8266) (8267) (8268) ... (19186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
Jersey numbers of those Liverpool youngsters though LMAO 60, 48 etc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
See goal ahah Curtis Jones
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
A40:
https://twitter.com/InfiniteMadrid/status/1213489359820918784?s=19

Hidden 's senior colleague in the Shakushaku business

1 assist in last 51 apps for Madrid

Iniestas mentee

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nipeks001(m): 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
nateevs:

It was the right decision, even if less than an inch.
And that's the most important thing isn't it?

Without VAR there, they get a penalty, perhaps 1-1 and it's a different game.
Should we let that happen, because we want to celebrate a goal well?

It should be used for offside but there should be a negligible margin of error.

The rule is a player shouldn't be behind the last opposition player as at WHEN THE BALL WAS KICKED. Now You can't be making offside calls because a player's nose is in an offside position when you can make like 3 frames of "when the ball was kicked".

"When the ball was kicked" is not 100% objective, hence a wrong call might actually be made when your nose is accused of being in an offside position depending on the frame being used to judge the situation.

For me it should be used, but there should be a negilible distance due to the margin of error caused by the frames used.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
weedtaker:
Manchester united of 99 finished 91points but I can tell you that the 2008 team was clearly better.

Just like as Chelsea 2006 team that finished with 91 was better than the one that finished with 93.

Because Manchester city finished with 100points doesn't make them the greatest team to ever grace the PL.

For what it's worth I can tell you that the100points was a fluke and that's why they finished with 98 the following season and conceded more and scored less than the 100points season just like Chelsea did in the 2005 and 2006 campaign.

Even SAF felt his 2008 team was better than the 1999 team. It is all subjective.

I can finish first in UTME in 2008 and score 300/400 (assuming this is a record) and 9As in the WASSCE. Someone else who got 320/400 in 2009 even if they had 9Cs in WASSCE will still be adjudged to now be the best UTME candidate ever even if I am an overall better student. Imagine now if in 2018 some guy gets 370/400 in UTME with 7As and people say UTME has become so easy. Let us change the format of questions. And the same guy rewrites it and gets 365/400. It is easier to conclude that not only is the exam not easier but that the student is the best UTME student ever (till someone else beats his record).

These things are not hard to rationalize and people should stop letting their dislike for Pep to make them come off as irrational. Not referring to you in this context.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
timbros:

Oga, why the bolded? Simple question is...

Did Mou broke the La Liga points record 3 seasons to 2011-12 season? Why referencing Barca's trophy win of two seasons ago just to answer a 2011-12 question? Na wao...

Was Jose Madrid of 2011-12 that broke the La Liga points record better than Pep's 2011-12 Barca? That's the question...

Smh. What are you on about?

Pep's barca has done 99 pts (2009/10) and 100 pts (2012/13).
Mou's RM did 100 pts (2011/12).

Since both have the same record achievement the only way we can now distinguish them will be if they faced themselves or else it will become subjective. Luckily they did. That Barca won 2 titles compared to the RM that got one when they battled each other in 3 seasons.

Verdict: Barca was better even though not by much.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Eruditor:

Since both have the same record achievement the only way we can now distinguish them will be if they faced themselves or else it will become subjective. Luckily they did. That Barca won 2 titles compared to the RM that got one when they battled each other in 3 seasons.

Which Pep Barça.. Which 100 points
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
obainojazz:

I put the year. 2012/13. Abi you want to claim that was a different Barca? That was Pep's sabbatical year but it was the same team na abi?

Remember, we are talking TEAMS now not managers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
Eruditor:

I put the year. 2012/13. Abi you want to claim that was a different Barca? That was Pep's sabbatical year but it was the same team na abi?

you are quick becoming like raumdeuter in everything
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
Eruditor:

Pep couldn't achieve 100 points with that team for four years... The main Pep Barça had Eto and some other stars undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:24am On Jan 06, 2020
Eruditor:

Eruditor:

Only you understand wetin you dey type. You are highly mad. You are the perfect example of plenty grammar but extremely poor communicator. It's like you are typing to yourself. Are you on the spectrum? Go and take a rest. You are tired.

23 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 12:28am On Jan 06, 2020
obainojazz:

I think say the niggar don high
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:25am On Jan 06, 2020
Eruditor:

grin grin

Aparisports 2020.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:08am On Jan 06, 2020
nateevs:

You keep missing the point. VAR was brought in to improve the accuracy of officials. But your point seem to question why have any officials at all?

You agree that VAR should be used to verify a penalty decision that may already have been decided by a Referee but I don't see you asking why bother having a Referee? So of what significance is this question with the Linesmen?

You will agree it's just a sentimental opinion, not a factual one.

You are the one not getting the point here.

Penalty decision by a referee and offside decision by a linesman are very defferent.

A referee can miss something in a twinkling of an eye based on his positioning when the incident happened in Th box. Maybe another player blocked his view that very moment or from the angle he is that very moment, the player's body blocked him, or he may not be sure if the tackle happened inside the box or outside etc etc... VAR can assist him then.

But a linesman's positioning generally allows him to make a better decision in an offside call. From his position, he can clearly see who is offside and who is not.

And don't get me wrong. I don't like VAR in football generally. My opinion is its ruining the game. BUT IF IT MUST BE USED, THEN USE IT MORE ON PENALTY DECISIONS, NOT OFFSIDE CALLS.

Especially in EPL, the application of VAR is rubbish. More than half of a season now and no referee has used the pitch side monitor. Why?

I'm sure those sports analysts that are against VAR too are not sentimental.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:13am On Jan 06, 2020
Eruditor:

In 2011-12, Mou was coaching Madrid and Pep was Barca's coach.

Which team is better that season? That's the question.

I'm not the type to go back and forth with you. Don't bring 3 seasons into the discussion. The question is for a particular season.

If you can't answer this question directly, then don't bother to reply my quote. I'll take it that Mou's Madrid was better afterall...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:16am On Jan 06, 2020
nipeks001:

It should be used for offside but there should be a negligible margin of error.

The rule is a player shouldn't be behind the last opposition player as at WHEN THE BALL WAS KICKED. Now You can't be making offside calls because a player's nose is in an offside position when you can make like 3 frames of "when the ball was kicked".

"When the ball was kicked" is not 100% objective, hence a wrong call might actually be made when your nose is accused of being in an offside position depending on the frame being used to judge the situation.

For me it should be used, but there should be a negilible distance due to the margin of error caused by the frames used.

Thanks for bringing this thought into writing. Exactly what I have in mind when I mentioned an atom of human error.

You can't get this thing 100% perfectly correct.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 6:24am On Jan 06, 2020
airmark:

grin grin

Aparisports 2020.
Pep never left cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2020
eph12:
Pep never left cheesy
He left but his spirits were ever present even when they won UCL in 2015

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 8:21am On Jan 06, 2020
eph12:

Pep never left cheesy
Or Pep left Barca but his manhood lived on undecided

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:01am On Jan 06, 2020
Eruditor:

My God. So the record no longer belongs to Tito Vilanova of blessed memory, but now to Pep?
Is there nothing you won't use to forcefully ascribe demigod status on this man?

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:07am On Jan 06, 2020
obainojazz:
Pep couldn't achieve 100 points with that team for four years... The main Pep Barça had Eto and some other stars undecided

look

E'too stayed ONE season.

Try again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:11am On Jan 06, 2020
Ibime:

Only you understand wetin you dey type. You are highly mad. You are the perfect example of plenty grammar but extremely poor communicator. It's like you are typing to yourself. Are you on the spectrum? Go and take a rest. You are tired.

My restraint from hurling insults this new year has made me see some of you for who you really are.

Do well to see that the question is about Pep's BARCA not Pep Guardiola. Apologise when you realise your goof.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2020
airmark:

grin grin

Aparisports 2020.

Reading has never been your forte. You're welcome.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2020
Unlimited22:

My God. So the record no longer belongs to Tito Vilanova of blessed memory, but now to Pep?
Is there nothing you won't use to forcefully ascribe demigod status on this man?

Villanova did from hospital bed in New York what Pep couldn't do.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:16am On Jan 06, 2020
timbros:

In 2011-12, Mou was coaching Madrid and Pep was Barca's coach.

Which team is better that season? That's the question.

I'm not the type to go back and forth with you. Don't bring 3 seasons into the discussion. The question is for a particular season.

If you can't answer this question directly, then don't bother to reply my quote. I'll take it that Mou's Madrid was better afterall...

It is a pity. You butted into a conversation you don't even understand.

There is nothing like "better that season". Weedtaker was trying to argue that since Mou's team got 100 points they should be regarded as the best La Liga team over Pep's Barca team. I simply pointed out to him that the very same TEAM also got 100 points but then outdid that same RM team twice in 3 seasons which makes them effectively better.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 10:16am On Jan 06, 2020
Ibime:

Villanova did from hospital bed in New York what Pep couldn't do.
I think Pep was sneaking back to coach the team in the night. Sneaky bastardd

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:17am On Jan 06, 2020
eph12:

I think Pep was sneaking back to coach the team in the night. Sneaky bastardd

Hahahaha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:17am On Jan 06, 2020
Amoto94:

He left but his spirits were ever present even when they won UCL in 2015

But that 2015 team is not his 2012 team. He did not have Suarez and Neymar or Rakitic. LOL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:19am On Jan 06, 2020
Unlimited22:

When you find out the discussion has nothing to do with coaches but teams, hope you'd be humble enough to correct yourself.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:21am On Jan 06, 2020
And these are the people that will be quick to call you names talmbout "you are tied" "aparisports" but cannot read. LOL

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:26am On Jan 06, 2020
Eruditor:

When you find out the discussion has nothing to do with coaches but teams, hope you'd be humble enough to correct yourself.
LOL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:29am On Jan 06, 2020
In the 2013/14 season, Crystal Palace were bottom of the league around November, and their coach, Ian Holloway was sacked.
Tony Pulis, I think, was appointed, and they ended up finishing the season in 10th place.

So perhaps we should give Ian Holloway credit for that miracle because 'it was Ian Holloway's team. It was Holloway's Crystal Palace.'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8262) (8263) (8264) (8265) (8266) (8267) (8268) ... (19186) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: raumdeuter, airmark(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.